Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? (7999 Views)

Guys Please Dont Kill Yourself For Any Woman(fact) / Uncircumsed Ladies And Sex..truth Or Myth / Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by CILondon: 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2009
People are always throwing around terms like ABW (Angry Black Woman) and there is a generally held view (fairly or unfairly) that we black women are difficult to get on with.
I did start a thread that was critical of Nigerian Men and now I am going to start a thread that asks if we Black women are a hard case to handle?
So now I'm turning the heat on my own group - men take note!
My website has an article on this very issue.
What do you think people? Men and women are welcome to discuss.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by brooknam99: 5:59pm On Dec 16, 2009
Not all blk women,just benin women,hos from the pjs,and of course,THe AMaka!!!
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by chiogo(f): 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2009
loooooooool, I know I'm not angry.  tongue

Angry black women indeed. It's very much a myth. Not taking shiiit from douche bags makes you angry, I suppose.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by CILondon: 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2009
brooknam99:

The AMaka
What does that mean? Is it a reference to Igbo american Women?
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by igotalk(m): 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2009
Theres always an angry woman in every race , but ve met a few angry black ones in the past. doesnt mean all black women re like that
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by mrperfect(m): 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2009
This is not peculiar to a particular race.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 16, 2009
@poster

nice subject, here is a movie/documentary on the same subject.
ALL BLACK WOMEN SHOULD SEE THAT MOVIE AND EDUCATE THEMSELVES.

here is the link to view it:
STAGEVU: http://stagevu.com/video/eynucuurlrdu#

Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 16, 2009
its a myth.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by yme1(f): 6:36pm On Dec 16, 2009
we are all different, so stop generalizing
issues of anger differs from one person to another
all we need to do is learn how to get a grip of ourself whenever our anger botton is triggered undecided
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by dnaija: 6:37pm On Dec 16, 2009
i probably believe is a myth
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 16, 2009
Its an African American myth that has been used to stereotype Black women.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by yme1(f): 6:40pm On Dec 16, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Its an African American myth that has been used to stereotype Black women.
i second this comment
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by CILondon: 6:59pm On Dec 16, 2009
The author who wrote the article on our website, I know him, and I think he has issues with Black women. Just my opinion.
Regarding the actual question itself - I think WOMEN AS A WHOLE can be very difficult, and this is coming from another woman!
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by iice(f): 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2009
CILondon:

Regarding the actual question itself - I think WOMEN AS A WHOLE can be very difficult, and this is coming from another woman!

Concur cheesy
Angry black woman. . . lol. Next stereotype cheesy
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by H2O2: 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2009
Yea, the lots are typically very angry.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 16, 2009
i think its a fact but i could be wrong
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by brooknam99: 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2009
@cllondon:r u crazY?if I wanted to insult ibo women u think it would have been so hard for me to type 'ibo american women'?it was a freakn joke aimed personally at the amaka and nothing generalizing all ibo women.please don't drag me into any kinda tribal sh.it!isn't it clear dat every reference I made was just a joke?christ!
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by freecocoa(f): 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2009
I dont tink blak women re angry atleast am not.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by chiogo(f): 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2009
brooknam99:

@cllondon:r u crazY?if I wanted to insult ibo women u think it would have been so hard for me to type 'ibo american women'?it was a freakn joke aimed personally at the amaka and nothing generalizing all ibo women.please don't drag me into any kinda tribal sh.it!isn't it clear dat every reference I made was just a joke?christ!
She obviously didn't know that The Amaka is the username of a member on here.
Only asked a simple question, which required a simple answer. Must you always reply like this?  undecided

And they say black women are angry grin
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by jalether(m): 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2009
it's more of a fact than a myth, most black women don't know where to draw the line btw confidence and arrogance and are constantly

trying to compete against men (I guess to debunk the myth/fact that men are better than women)hence makes them bitter

that's why I keep telling my black sisters, you aint got nothing to prove to anyone, just sit back, relax and enjoy life
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by H2O2: 8:16pm On Dec 16, 2009
jalether:

it's more of a fact than a myth, most black women don't know where to draw the line btw confidence and arrogance and are constantly
I don't think they understand how that affects black men. It can be very suffocating and detrimental to one's health embarassed

trying to compete against men (I guess to debunk the myth/fact that men are better than women)hence makes them bitter
I know, right?

that's why I keep telling my black sisters, you aint got nothing to prove to anyone, just sit back, relax and enjoy life
You are a good brother.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by CILondon: 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2009
chiogo:

She obviously didn't know that The Amaka is the username of a member on here.
Only asked a simple question, which required a simple answer. Must you always reply like this? undecided

And they say black women are angry grin

Thanks for explaining what The Amaka meant. I honestly didn't know.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by chiogo(f): 8:29pm On Dec 16, 2009
CILondon:

Thanks for explaining what The Amaka meant. I honestly didn't know.

No problemo!!!

jalether:

Depends on what you mean by "competing against men".

And what kinda research did you carry out to determine that it's more of a fact? A myth is a belief based on general opinion(yes) but without any proof or validity. A fact on the other hand. . . You know there are millions or billions of black women in the world.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by jalether(m): 8:46pm On Dec 16, 2009
chiogo:

No problemo!!!
Depends on what you mean by "competing against men".

And what kinda research did you carry out to determine that it's more of a fact? A myth is a belief based on general opinion(yes) but without any proof or validity. A fact on the other hand. . . You know there are millions or billions of black women in the world.

You don't need any research to tell you Italians love their pasta neither or do you, I have been in this world for quite a while and have had  the opportunity to

interact firsthand with many races of women and my conclusion is based on real life experiences. I'm not saying there are no angry women in other races

of course there are nasty people from other races as well however the bitterness is more pronounced amongst black women
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2009
Is this bitterness more pronounced amongst black women because you know more black women than women of other races? Its just like me saying "All Nigerian men are cheaters" When infact most men of all races cheat. Because I know more Nigerian men, its more "pronounced" amongst Nigerian men wink
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by CILondon: 10:37pm On Dec 16, 2009
jalether:

You don't need any research to tell you Italians love their pasta neither or do you, I have been in this world for quite a while and have had the opportunity to

interact firsthand with many races of women and my conclusion is based on real life experiences. I'm not saying there are no angry women in other races

of course there are nasty people from other races as well however the bitterness is more pronounced amongst black women

I have met some seriously horrendous women of NON BLACK races, so I don't think it is more pronounced amongst black women - but then I would say that, wouldn't I. I'm a black woman. smiley
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2009
Only insecure black men feed on this stereotype, sorry. tongue
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by brooknam99: 12:08am On Dec 17, 2009
@chiogo, my darlin wifie i answered like that cus i know this thread everyone is quick to start some tribal ish. i mean, if i hated ibo women, would me and u be getting married in a few weeks. grin
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by chiogo(f): 1:15am On Dec 17, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Is this bitterness more pronounced amongst black women because you know more black women than women of other races? Its just like me saying "All Nigerian men are cheaters" When infact most men of all races cheat. Because I know more Nigerian men, its more "pronounced" amongst Nigerian men wink
Exactly. Hope he answers this question.

stillwater:

Only insecure black men feed on this stereotype, sorry. tongue
LOOL don't say that oo before they call you 'angry'. tongue tongue

brooknam99:

@chiogo, my darlin wifie i answered like that cus i know this thread everyone is quick to start some tribal ish. i mean, if i hated ibo women, would me and u be getting married in a few weeks. grin
lol. . . embarassed embarassed
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Gabry(f): 1:51am On Dec 17, 2009
brooknam99:

Na waa! The Amaka? Trust me meh, . . They are other females here worst off than The Amaka. As far as I know, she is sarcatically funny but nowhere near worst than some specified mutated species.  lipsrsealed

@Topic,
Nope. when they say it means they are generalizing. Thats a fact! Cause trust me, they areAngry White Woman, Angry Yellow WOman, ANgry Brown Woman all around this globe as well.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Magz(m): 2:14am On Dec 17, 2009
[size=16pt]It's not a myth. In America especially, there are some anger issues that are symptoms of a condition known as "Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome".

Read up on it, [/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can U Fall In Love With A Midget/dwarf / Ladies When It Comes To Joystick, Does The Size Really Matter To You?(18+) / Memes Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.