Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,716 members, 7,813,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth (8649 Views)

Why Do Guys Act Exceptionally Nice To Pretty Girls? (Photos) / See What A Girl I Asked Out Junior Sister Decided To Put Me Inside (picture) / Girls, How Would You Like To Be Asked Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by ikechukz(m): 8:57am On Oct 16, 2013
I have read in many online forums about pretty girls complaining that guys rarely ask them out because they are scared of them.The guys in return say they assume that all pretty girls are already in a relationship and so stand no chance with them.
But from what I see around me,pretty girls always have guys flocking around them.
So i wanna ask;is it really true or just a cooked up story.

2 Likes

Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by nicky4lif(f): 9:01am On Oct 16, 2013
Its a cooked up story,if u don't get asked out then u are not pretty.
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by Plesa1(f): 10:16am On Oct 16, 2013
it's part myth and part true... ask guys why they are with the (ugly) girl they are with now and he will tell you that pretty ladies are vain and tend to think that the don't go to the toilet and sh*t the same like everyone else... most pretty girls tend to sell their beauty that's why they marry rich ugly men and have toy boys on the side... I'm not the prettiest but I'm content with the way i was created by my God smiley[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
Op, it's True...the very beautiful don't get wooed most times except by married man, musicians, footballers and celebs....but an average dude, nah? sad....an average dude feels , they r expensive to kip and maintain, which is untrue and makeup story in some cases....so the pretty babe has no choice than to date the ones listed above , after waiting endessly....no show frm average guys...
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by sweetestguy(m): 2:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
30% true 70% false
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by teey2(f): 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
Somehow true but most often that not, a guy will still want to try his luck. It's like you don't know until you try right.
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by lertee(f): 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
So it is ugly girls that get asked out shey. Yeye undecided
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by Fussbot: 5:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
the truth is,a ugly gal can be asked out,bt a pretty gal can be asked out,just so u know a gal can be ugly while bin askd out bt a pretty gal can be ugly..ugliness can be pretty smtimes u know?bt pretty cant be ugly..so ugly pretty equalz to pretty asked out....

Lwkm...jst wantd 2 type smtin on dis topic rili..hian!
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by iropelebe(m): 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
Insecurity makes some guys fear asking pretty girls out.
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by ikechukz(m): 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
lertee: So it is ugly girls that get asked out shey. Yeye undecided
Not really ugly but average girls get asked out the most.
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
Amelian: Op, it's True...the very beautiful don't get wooed most times except by married man, musicians, footballers and celebs....but an average dude, nah? sad....an average dude feels , they r expensive to kip and maintain, which is untrue and makeup story in some cases....so the pretty babe has no choice than to date the ones listed above , after waiting endessly....no show frm average guys...
You made lots of sense. That's y they said: the bold and the beautiful. A man has more boldness when he is financially sufficient, and that's only when he can have the full gut to approach and woo very pretty ladies.

So u are very correct, very beautiful girls hardly get wooed or asked out by not-rich guys cos guys usually believe the very pretty girls already have a rich guy she's dating and more she's running around with even though they might be wrong, hence guys often resort to wooing and toasting average looking and not-so-good-looking girls where they believe they stand greater chance.

But then, the pretty girls don't have to cry or complain abt it cos partly they are the cause cos most of them snub average guys who don't come looking flashy or have big name/image, that's based on wot majority of guys say, and most often the very pretty girls fantasize a lot abt dating/marrying very rich men so they often sell their love instead of letting nature hook them up.

They sell it to the highest bidder, which are always very rich guys; showbiz guys, married rich men, and successful business guys. Reason many guys are bent on acquiring lots of money and fame b4 making choice of partner cos they know that without being a money bag (lolz) they may never have a chance of getting their dream girl to date or marry.

So to say, it is not so common to see a not-rich guy dating a very pretty girl in Nigerian scenario though...unless he was fortunate enough to meet one during his school period or in church through devotion.

In all, average-looking girls get more wooed than very pretty girls and very-pretty girls get more heartbroken cos they often deal with very bad and highly experienced guys who often have many ladies in their hand

1 Like

Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
For example, check all the past beauty queens starting from:

Bianca Ojukwu to many others, they are all married to older rich men or dating entertainment celebrities or politicians becos by default, most very-pretty girls believe that its their birth right to date and marry only rich men whether they are happy in the relationship/marriage or not so long as the money is there.

So guys, if u want to date or marry a very-pretty lady, stop wasting your time o chasing small small girls around...and start now to work hard and pray to make it big financially else...else u will definitely end up with not-so-pretty girlsgringrin #thatsafactmanymayargue

1 Like

Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by Jman06(m): 7:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
DailyNews: You made lots of sense. That's y they said: the bold and the beautiful. A man has more boldness when he is financially sufficient, and that's only when he can have the full gut to approach and woo very pretty ladies.

So u are very correct, very beautiful girls hardly get wooed or asked out by not-rich guys cos guys usually believe the very pretty girls already have a rich guy she's dating and more she's running around with even though they might be wrong, hence guys often resort to wooing and toasting average looking and not-so-good-looking girls where they believe they stand greater chance.

But then, the pretty girls don't have to cry or complain abt it cos partly they are the cause cos most of them snub average guys who don't come looking flashy or have big name/image, that's based on wot majority of guys say, and most often the very pretty girls fantasize a lot abt dating/marrying very rich men so they often sell their love instead of letting nature hook them up.

They sell it to the highest bidder, which are always very rich guys; showbiz guys, married rich men, and successful business guys. Reason many guys are bent on acquiring lots of money and fame b4 making choice of partner cos they know that without being a money bag (lolz) they may never have a chance of getting their dream girl to date or marry.

So to say, it is not so common to see a not-rich guy dating a very pretty girl in Nigerian scenario though...unless he was fortunate enough to meet one during his school period or in church through devotion.

In all, average-looking girls get more wooed than very pretty girls and very-pretty girls get more heartbroken cos they often deal with very bad and highly experienced guys who often have many ladies in their hand
Exactly! u said it all.
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by Jman06(m): 8:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
DailyNews: For example, check all the past beauty queens starting from:

Bianca Ojukwu to many others, they are all married to older rich men or dating entertainment celebrities or politicians becos by default, most very-pretty girls believe that its their birth right to date and marry only rich men whether they are happy in the relationship/marriage or not so long as the money is there.

So guys, if u want to date or marry a very-pretty lady, stop wasting your time o chasing small small girls around...and start now to work hard and pray to make it big financially else...else u will definitely end up with not-so-pretty girlsgringrin #thatsafactmanymayargue

If i work hard to make alot of money,it's not because i want to marry a 'very pretty' lady,rather it's because i want to bequeath a fortune to my children and generations unborn.What's the point killing oneself because of the so called pretty ladies when @ old age everythn about them is gone and they become less attractive.I 'll rather settle for an average looking lady that can complement me and build a home with me than work myself out Just because i want to marry an Agbani darego.

1 Like

Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by Vivly(f): 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
Dailynews, you might have made a good point. I can't tell. Your post was way too long.
@topic. It's a myth. The world is evolving. Beauty is relative. Girls get asked out on different basis other than beauty. Pretty girls even stand a higher chance. So, that belief is a myth
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
@Jman, I love ur idea & u knw every guy wants to make more money to be able to leave fortune for his kids especially. But trust me, every guy have diff reasons y he desires to make lots of money:

1. For future security of his kids
2. To own d best cars and houses
3. To travel around d worl
4. To have the attention and love of pretty women, and this no 4 happens to be on d top priority of most guys todaysmiley

@Vivly...every girl gets asked out yes, but very pretty girls get asked out more by rich guys and very bold men rather than by average guys who happen to be more in number, hence, very pretty girls get less wooing than average-looking girls, so it is not entirely a myth but somehow true.

1 Like

Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by vocalprince(m): 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
nicky4lif: Its a cooked up story,if u don't get asked out then u are not pretty.
wink
nicky4lif: Its a cooked up story,if u don't get asked out then u are not pretty.
Hi sweety, I have a crush on you, do you mind reciprocating it?? I love UUUUUUUUU!!
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by nicky4lif(f): 8:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hahahahaha,first time someone is crushing on me on nairaland,ok thanks.
vocalprince: wink Hi sweety, I have a crush on you, do you mind reciprocating it?? I love UUUUUUUUU!!
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by youngds: 9:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
Myth! i don't date someone that doesn't look pretty to me
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by Rocktation(f): 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2013
B.S
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by Orochimaru11: 8:18am On Oct 17, 2013
Reasons I don't date extremely pretty girls:
1.Most of them snub
2.They are high maintenance chicks
3.No rest of mind because you know guys are always after her
4.Lecturers
5.etc
I'll rather go with an average looking girl
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by didicold(f): 8:40am On Oct 17, 2013
Myth
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by carlos1(m): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2013
U no well

Fussbot: the truth is,a ugly gal can be asked out,bt a pretty gal can be asked out,just so u know a gal can be ugly while bin askd out bt a pretty gal can be ugly..ugliness can be pretty smtimes u know?bt pretty cant be ugly..so ugly pretty equalz to pretty asked out....

Lwkm...jst wantd 2 type smtin on dis topic rili..hian!
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by franckoi(m): 9:45am On Oct 17, 2013
ikechukz: I have read in many online forums about pretty girls complaining that guys rarely ask them out because they are scared of them.The guys in return say they assume that all pretty girls are already in a relationship and so stand no chance with them.
But from what I see around me,pretty girls always have guys flocking around them.
So i wanna ask;is it really true or just a cooked up story.
I think its true
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 17, 2013
Myth! undecided
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by yfo: 11:32am On Oct 17, 2013
Well this is an interesting topic.
my theory is that most pretty ladies are used to getting wooed by "big boys/men" and get used to certain things that the average guy can't provide hence sticking to a certain standard.
The average guy already has a bunch of beliefs about pretty girls and then plucks up courage to try his luck a certain time....only to get shut down by one of them and hence he forms an opinion on ALL the pretty girls, goes back to gist/warn his other average friends who now have "proof" to back up their beliefs and so a cycle of 'inaccurate' information is born and passed to loads of average guys.

scenario 2:
An average guy finally gets a pretty lady that is open-minded but keeps seeing the kind of men that flock around her, this brings out the alpha-male competitive spirit (with guys that probably don't know he exists) and sensing he can't provide the things she can get from the 'big boys' she hangs around with he develops an inferiority complex (or something similar)
This would most likely break the relationship and the pretty gal assumes all average guys are like this so she decides to stick with the big boys/men that don't have such issues.

I'm sure there are other scenarios but I think these are the two common ones.
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by yfo: 11:34am On Oct 17, 2013
*double post*
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 17, 2013
Pretty women will always be asked out, but her attitude will determine if the men will stick around for longer or not
Re: Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth by ikechukz(m): 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2013
Orochimaru11: Reasons I don't date extremely pretty girls:
1.Most of them snub
2.They are high maintenance chicks
3.No rest of mind because you know guys are always after her
4.Lecturers
5.etc
I'll rather go with an average looking girl
Bro your own hard oo.

(1) (Reply)

She Pushed Me Away From Her During Sex, What Could That Be / Rate My Picture I Snapped In Shoprite 4 Years Ago (pics) / By The Time A Yoruba Man Is Done With You, You'll Question Your Sanity - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.