Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks (56928 Views)

My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / Woman Beats Her Husband Mercilessly For Hitting Her / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Apina(m): 12:20am On Mar 12, 2017
MarieSucre:

"Our mothers" not "they" knew divorce wasn't an option. And that is because they had limited choices then. Welcome to the 21st century babyyyy.
Tnx for attempting to substitute ur thoughts for mine. But I am very much aware of my thoughts and what I intend to convey when I used parents and not just mothers, or are u tryna say there is not even a single woman who has walked away from her marriage in the past? I fail to understand what u mean by limited choices, are there no men/women over 30 who were raised by single mothers? or from broken homes?, so what's so special about the 21st century that didn't exist before it?. Marriages in the past that have functioned didn't just boil down to the male folks, it was a collective effort.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Joy1706(f): 1:04am On Mar 12, 2017
hedonistic:

Typical obnoxious slut.
Typical brainless he goat
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by olayiwolar1(m): 1:09am On Mar 12, 2017
Welcome to the club
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by infolekan(m): 1:13am On Mar 12, 2017
MarieSucre:

Hahahaha this is the same silly advice that some demons gave out mothers that made some of us grow up in unhappy homes.

Its like you don't know that an unhappy wife is also an unhappy mother.
They are not two different people. There will be transfer of aggression.

Anyone replying you obviously didn't read what you wrote here.
There's a reason why they say for better for worse in marriages.
There's a reason why the whites you're so blindly trying to follow have marriage counsellors.
There's a reason why homes are kept till old age.
Most happy homes have one thing in common.......they have all had challenges.
Where we are coming from determines our outlook atimes. I come from a home where my parents have had challenges and have worked on it and all I see now is a happy and contented couple that dint give up when the going got a little tough.
You might probably come from a broken home or an unhappy one and sees divorce as the easiest way out.
I could give you a million challenges of a single mother the wide world over. I've been here and there and believe me.....the movies make it look sweeter than it really is. They don't tell you the quiet cries in the night......the uncertainty of raising a child alone....the problems only a single mother would understand.
People that reason like you hardly hold anything of value in esteem.....no margin for error or mistakes . Friendships of years ends with a little mistake.......acting like you're on a fiery move and destroying all and everything in the name of Westernization. And you think because the single mothers smile outside they're happier than the married ones that are trying to patch it up.
Lemme leave you and rest.
NB. Don't bother coming for me.....I won't be around to reply you.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by canDy4eva(f): 1:16am On Mar 12, 2017
ipobbigot7:
The husband is acting irresponsible. Poo does happen everywhere but you put off your ego and clean up your poo.

He should come home to beg the wife and stop acting as though she has no right to be offended.
d man weak me 2 o. Na him offend na him dey pose again
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by victor8269: 3:55am On Mar 12, 2017
Strahovski1:
Tell her to proceed on the divorce. Infact, help her pay the bills of the law suit

Modified
----

To those saying it's not enough. I bet 80% of you are single and you have no idea indeed what contents are of marriage. Yes.

Marriage IS NOT a task! Neither is it some kind of Job or Project. It's not a do or die affair. It's a union where 2 happy people come together as 1. So your sister shouldn't be in such union as her happiness has been slain. Why live with a man knowing well, that he is sleeping with another woman? The thought of it alone can lead to depression. Let's be realistic.

Irrespective of how they sort it out and settle the dispute, the scar would always be there. When she see him making a call, she would be suspicious. If she see him greet a woman she would be suspicious. She would always have the thought that he is sleeping with other women though she may not express this. But she would never forget. And this is not good at all. So what is the point? Is it by force? Why live in depression especially when the woman he is chatting with looks better or sexier than she is.

So let her be.

P.s I'm a married man and yet, I don't encourage anyone to stay in a marriage where infidelity looms.

U
Breaking people's homes has been your hobby since 1960

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Jabioro: 4:44am On Mar 12, 2017
MarieSucre:

Hmmmn Jabioro wooow, I am really learning a lot from this your post o.

So majority of men are liars and deceivers. Majority of men cannot be termed as loyal, honest or conscientious beings.

That explains our politicians behaviour. Men! Hmnnn. Thank you for this expo. /s
You are welcome.. Truth is bitter my dear.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by kingreign(m): 4:59am On Mar 12, 2017
MarieSucre:

A parent may consciously deny his/her child of designer clothes, a parent may consciously deny his/her child of snacks, a parent may consciously deny his/her child of television, in other words let the child go out and steal se??

What nonsense are you saying above.
What I said is too much for you to comprehend till you've settled down into marriage. Now run along and stop asking nonsense questions. undecided
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by mylove4him(f): 6:28am On Mar 12, 2017
Benignasweety:
You nailed it, seriously am going through this trauma and my husband will always remind me that it is not a do or die affair. So depressed, he doesnt even go out with his wedding ring when am not around.
Madam wedding ring or no wedding won't stop a man from doing what he needs to do. Stop depressing yourself. Get busy and tell urself that he isn't having an affair he just want to have a little fun.

See eh I haven't really seen a committed man to his wife. Even the poor ones are not left out not to talk of a man that walks, have a car and he is presentable. He is nice to women. Calls them. You know these girls are vulnerable. A little friendship, they go out all there to think that the man loves them. So sis get busy and stop getting depressed.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Dshocker(m): 7:17am On Mar 12, 2017
Michellla:
Who knows if he has been banging other women and not just sexchat?

Please what is "banging"
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 12, 2017
mylove4him:

Madam wedding ring or no wedding won't stop a man from doing what he needs to do. Stop depressing yourself. Get busy and tell urself that he isn't having an affair he just want to have a little fun.

See eh I haven't really seen a committed man to his wife. Even the poor ones are not left out not to talk of a man that walks, have a car and he is presentable. He is nice to women. Calls them. You know these girls are vulnerable. A little friendship, they go out all there to think that the man loves them. So sis get busy and stop getting depressed.
Thanks alot for your concern atleast.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Tomjazzy2: 7:53am On Mar 12, 2017
MarieSucre:

Tooor go and steal from a big supermarket in Lagos, I hope the fire they will light on your body will satiate you.

I was going to say some thing to you, but after I saw your siggy, I decided not to smiley
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by 99foxxy(f): 8:09am On Mar 12, 2017
Just like my aunt case. How can a man disrespect his wife by sex chatting a woman with his wife on his side on the bed? May such men not have peace and may other men fvck the hell outta of their wives.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by alizma: 8:12am On Mar 12, 2017
MarieSucre:

Where in that write up did you see that the man is ashamed of what he did?

Why are you guys behaving like this? If it were the reverse you will not rush and type this.

And you guys wonder women of this generation are behaving like this. We are tired of you guys supporting each other for rubbish and justifying each others nonsense.
I am not supporting his action but every 2 out of three sincere married person who's marriage has survived at least a decade will admit to having being flirt with the opposite sex at one time or the other. however, this does not necessarily mean that they have stop loving their partner. and to answer your question, I don't need to see it mentioned that the man was ashamed but since their was no fight btw the two that could have made the man stepped out of his house, I can only GUESS that he was ashamed hence he choose to stay out of his house for the main time.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by alizma: 8:21am On Mar 12, 2017
ipobbigot7:
The husband is acting irresponsible. Poo does happen everywhere but you put off your ego and clean up your poo.

He should come home to beg the wife and stop acting as though she has no right to be offended.
if your partner has short temper, the best thing is to stay away at a time like this. probably not as much as three days.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by pressplay411(m): 8:29am On Mar 12, 2017
kingreign:

Tell your sister, to find a good man is hard, really hard, really really hard.
If he handles his responsibilities well, the issue of sexchatting or flirting (which can be checked anyways) is a small thing. So she saw a tiny bit of wood in the cereals she's gonna throw away the whole grains?
She had better woke up to her responsibilities, get a damn internet enabled phone and sexchat him too, then fulfil all his sexual fantacies when they meet in private.

Don't mind those advocating a divorce over sexting.
Apparently their parents really shielded them from the challenges, infidelity included, they faced. Had their parents been as impulsive perhaps a majority would have been from broken homes.
Divorce is quite selfish and should only be a last resort when all else fails.
But what do you expect when teenagers are commenting on marital affairs?

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 12, 2017
MarieSucre:

You "were just doing it for fun"! Ok. If she was the one that fed you that cock and bull story, will you believe?

She did not miss much in a guy who likes to "play".
Sooner than later he becomes a player.
As our people say na from clap e dey enter dance.
Trust me when i say I'm a liberalist.
I've had my girl sex chat right beside me, and we both had a laugh about it. I believe just like myself, she should know when to draw the line between virtual and reality.
I'm not stereotyped.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by MarieSucre(f): 10:47am On Mar 12, 2017
kingreign:

What I said is too much for you to comprehend till you've settled down into marriage. Now run along and stop asking nonsense questions. undecided

Hahahahah

Its clear that your wife will cheat on you. You're already preparing yourself for heartbreak. Best of luck in that.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by MarieSucre(f): 10:48am On Mar 12, 2017
Jabioro:
You are welcome.. Truth is bitter my dear.

You're right. I propose that Men who term themselves as "polygamous" should decide not to get married.

It will save the world a lot of pain.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by MarieSucre(f): 10:50am On Mar 12, 2017
infolekan:

There's a reason why the whites you're so blindly trying to follow have marriage counsellors.
Where we are coming from determines our outlook atimes. I come from a home where my parents have had challenges and have worked on it and all I see now is a happy and contented couple that dint give up when the going got a little tough.
You might probably come from a broken home or an unhappy one and sees divorce as the easiest way out.
I could give you a million challenges of a single mother the wide world over. I've been here and there and believe me.....the movies make it look sweeter than it really is. They don't tell you the quiet cries in the night......the uncertainty of raising a child alone....the problems only a single mother would understand.
People that reason like you hardly hold anything of value in esteem.....no margin for error or mistakes . Friendships of years ends with a little mistake.......acting like you're on a fiery move and destroying all and everything in the name of Westernization. And you think because the single mothers smile outside they're happier than the married ones that are trying to patch it up.

If you intend to go through all the above in your marriage. That's your business. If you will allow your wife cheat on you. That's your business. If you will stay and try to change yourself and beg and plead and cook new soup for her so she does not leave you for another man. That is your business as her husband. But don't dare put that on somebody else.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by kingreign(m): 10:51am On Mar 12, 2017
MarieSucre:

Hahahahah

Its clear that your wife will cheat on you. You're already preparing yourself for heartbreak. Best of luck in that.
you are stüpîd. I know you're the type who'll cheat on their spouses. Go to hell.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by MarieSucre(f): 10:52am On Mar 12, 2017
Apina:

Tnx for attempting to substitute ur thoughts for mine. But I am very much aware of my thoughts and what I intend to convey when I used parents and not just mothers, or are u tryna say there is not even a single woman who has walked away from her marriage in the past? I fail to understand what u mean by limited choices, are there no men/women over 30 who were raised by single mothers? or from broken homes?, so what's so special about the 21st century that didn't exist before it?. Marriages in the past that have functioned didn't just boil down to the male folks, it was a collective effort.

I agree with you, it takes a collective effort for the marriage to work. But in the above story, it takes just one person(the husband) to chamge his ways.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by MarieSucre(f): 10:55am On Mar 12, 2017
kingreign:
you are stüpîd. I know you're the type who'll cheat on their spouses. Go to hell.

Bros you're pained. Are you not the one making excuses for cheating?
I am telling you fact, using your own logic, the day you allow yourself to be transfered to another state or you deny her money or things she wants, it is her right and duty to go out and fvcck another man. Its your fault afterall.

5 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by kingreign(m): 10:59am On Mar 12, 2017
MarieSucre:

Bros you're pained. Are you not the one making excuses for cheating?
I am telling you fact, using your own logic, the day you allow yourself to be transfered to another state or you deny her money or things she wants, it is her right and duty to go out and fvcck another man. Its your fault afterall.
I cease to respond to your pained rants. You speak like one who has, is and would be an unrepentant serial cheat.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 12, 2017
Strahovski1:

It's not enough? Until he brings home an STD?

Exactly its until he brings home STI that's when people start realizing the gravity of it.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by shaybebaby(f): 11:06am On Mar 12, 2017
infolekan:

Likewise, I could give you a million challenges married peeps face worldwide, case in point- this very thread. Which is one out many.

The issue here isn't that both don't come with their challenges. The issue is which one you would rather battle.

Not all marriages are worth keeping.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Jabioro: 11:10am On Mar 12, 2017
MarieSucre:

You're right. I propose that Men who term themselves as "polygamous" should decide not to get married.

It will save the world a lot of pain.
Hahaha..you're funny.. as it is from the beginning so shall it be forever.. the two popular religion have historically back it up.. Just do your best, remain in truthfulness and in obedience.You shall see the hand of God progressively.He lives not in deceit. These days it be well with you, all your endeavors shall encounter success, have success, taste success and be in victory..
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Apina(m): 11:22am On Mar 12, 2017
MarieSucre:

I agree with you, it takes a collective effort for the marriage to work. But in the above story, it takes just one person(the husband) to chamge his ways.
Agreed, the husband got distracted but leaving isn't and shouldn't be the first option. Conflict resolution is a rare trait among among those of us who make up this present generation and that's why you find out that things escalate very quickly for the worse in so many marriages. And that's the difference between the generation of our parents and ours.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Tankotanko: 11:30am On Mar 12, 2017
Michellla:
Who knows if he has been banging other women and not just sexchat?
AND SO WHAT, Should the Heavens disappear because he might have cheated, don't get this at all.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by mylove4him(f): 1:04pm On Mar 12, 2017
Benignasweety:
Thanks alot for your concern atleast.
My dear you are welcome. Always remember you are not alone. My pastors wife will say leave a man for God. He shouldn't determine your happiness. Get busy and also try to be financial independent. Look good for yourself. Have friends you share your burden with. It helps a lot. You will realised that what u hold like pain or hurt is irrelevant. Need someone to talk to. PM me.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by mylove4him(f): 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2017
Pro2makx:

Sex chatting is nothing. He might just feel like playing naughty. Who knows if the wife is the boring, always serious type. I could even guess she is, from the way she took this trivial matter so seriously.
It is wrong to assume he is cheating just cos of some chat. He might not mean it, might just be him playing naughty. There r days 8 just like to play naughty. Yet I have Neva cheated on my queen.
I have some female friends who I chat naughty with at times, most time self, they either be the on to directly or indirectly start it or request for it, and we have never and will never have sex. My babe has even seen one insanely naughty one before, thank God she knows her guy well, at first she was acting up, but then, she relaxed.
Just be sure she is chatting with other guys too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? / 16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.