Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks (56913 Views)

My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / Woman Beats Her Husband Mercilessly For Hitting Her / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by samsam2019: 4:23pm On Mar 11, 2017
Nobody person marry apostle "licking" suleman?

Let your sis divorce him. So she can marry pope francis cheesy grin grin
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by samsam2019: 4:24pm On Mar 11, 2017
freecocoa:
Did I read that the bastard even left angrily? Chai! The things that women see, I sha don't blame him, just take a look at this thread and you'll see why he has the nerves to be angry after what he did.

Useless hediots.
I
you must be very mad to call him a bastard.

Is it your house he left?

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by obinna58(m): 4:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
.no Bleep to give

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by freecocoa(f): 4:30pm On Mar 11, 2017
samsam2019:
you must be very mad to call him a bastard.

Is it your house he left?
You are obviously a bigger bastard than he is. You people think because some women who obviously know not their worth, stay and take rubbish from half baked imbec1les like yourself, parading as men, mean all women should? May amadioha pay you a very unpleasant visit, f00l.

4 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by fof1: 4:34pm On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:
Tell her to proceed on the divorce. Infact, help her pay the bills of the law suit

Modified
----

To those saying it's not enough. I bet 80% of you are single and you have no idea indeed what contents are of marriage. Yes.

Marriage IS NOT a task! Neither is it some kind of Job or Project. It's not a do or die affair. It's a union where 2 happy people come together as 1. So your sister shouldn't be in such union as her happiness has been slain. Why live with a man knowing well, that he is sleeping with another woman? The thought of it alone can lead to depression. Let's be realistic.

Irrespective of how they sort it out and settle the dispute, the scar would always be there. When she see him making a call, she would be suspicious. If she see him greet a woman she would be suspicious. She would always have the thought that he is sleeping with other women though she may not express this. But she would never forget. And this is not good at all. So what is the point? Is it by force? Why live in depression especially when the woman he is chatting with looks better or sexier than she is.

So let her be.

P.s I'm a married man and yet, I don't encourage anyone to stay in a marriage where infidelity looms.

MY FRIEND, U ARE VERY V.WRONG. UR ADVISE IS SHALLOW. THERE IS NO DISAGREEMENT IN MARRIAGE THAT CAN NOT BE RESOLVED IF D TWO PARTIES ARE BENT ON RECONCILIATION. SO STOP THIS UR FIERY COUNSEL THAT GOES NO WHERE. U ARENT A SAINT EITHER. LET THEM FACE EACH OTHER FIRST AND TALK IT OUT B4 GOING TO GROUP COUNSELLING. DIVORCÉ IS NOT AN OPTIKN WHERE THERE IS NO VIOLENCE OR THREAT TO LIFE. SO SEEK PEACEFUL RESOLUTIONS OF D IMPASSE.GOD BLESS U ALL.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Taiofil(m): 4:34pm On Mar 11, 2017
Shygirl1989:
Sorry about your sister and husband splitting. I'm not married,and I won't claim to know soo much about marriage,the truth is no one knows,you can only hope and pray that whomever you want to spend the rest of your life with is the right person for you.
Your posts have a lot of gaps, is this the first time your sister is having this problem with her husband, secondly,her reaction seems abnormal, its like she's hiding something,I don't believe there is a guy in this modern times who doesn't have sex chats.....its not nice,childish but not harmful..... So her reaction isnt normal.
It seems this couple have more issues than just sex chats. I think it would be nice if both parents are invited or better still,give them sometime before trying to talk to them,maybe tempers would have cooled by then. But whatever happens please don't take sides.
Pray for them......

Now this a woman with common sense and heart talking!

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by fof1: 4:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:
Tell her to proceed on the divorce. Infact, help her pay the bills of the law suit

Modified
----

To those saying it's not enough. I bet 80% of you are single and you have no idea indeed what contents are of marriage. Yes.

Marriage IS NOT a task! Neither is it some kind of Job or Project. It's not a do or die affair. It's a union where 2 happy people come together as 1. So your sister shouldn't be in such union as her happiness has been slain. Why live with a man knowing well, that he is sleeping with another woman? The thought of it alone can lead to depression. Let's be realistic.

Irrespective of how they sort it out and settle the dispute, the scar would always be there. When she see him making a call, she would be suspicious. If she see him greet a woman she would be suspicious. She would always have the thought that he is sleeping with other women though she may not express this. But she would never forget. And this is not good at all. So what is the point? Is it by force? Why live in depression especially when the woman he is chatting with looks better or sexier than she is.

So let her be.

P.s I'm a married man and yet, I don't encourage anyone to stay in a marriage where infidelity looms.

MY FRIEND, U ARE VERY V.WRONG. UR ADVISE IS SHALLOW. THERE IS NO DISAGREEMENT IN MARRIAGE THAT CAN NOT BE RESOLVED IF D TWO PARTIES ARE BENT ON RECONCILIATION. SO STOP THIS UR FIERY COUNSEL THAT GOES NO WHERE. U ARENT A SAINT EITHER. LET THEM FACE EACH OTHER FIRST AND TALK IT OUT B4 GOING TO GROUP COUNSELLING. DIVORCÉ IS NOT AN OPTIKN WHERE THERE IS NO VIOLENCE OR THREAT TO LIFE. SO SEEK PEACEFUL RESOLUTIONS OF D IMPASSE.GOD BLESS U ALL. HV BN MARRIED OVER 25YEARS NOW. NO MARRIAGE IS CRISIS FREE.PLS TRUST GOD TO SEE U THRO.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by onunwa21(m): 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
undecided

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by solidman59(m): 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
I think she should proceed with the divorce. The guy is unrepentant and not remorseful. He even left the house angrily when he should be apologizing. I'm not married but the truth is the truth.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by sweatlana: 4:41pm On Mar 11, 2017
Tomjazzy2:
As tereble as this may sound, but the earlier ladies started accepting the fact that men generally speaking, are polygamous in nature, the better for their sanity.

If you eventually find a man who is faithful- there aren't much around nowadays- you'd consider your self lucky, but if you don't, you just try as much as possible to device a means of handling him
Trash talk. If u lack discipline not all men are like u
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Jesusgirl92(f): 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2017
Cyberfreak:
Why are many Nigerian men so selfish and heartless like animals?
I see many men here saying crap like she should forgive him there are other women waiting to take her place, divorce never favors women, women should accept infidelity because men are polygamous, she is not attractive or interesting so the man shouldn't be blamed for cheating.

Do you people even read your bibles or Quran?
Where is it written that adultery is a normal thing that should be accepted and ignored or are all of you suddenly atheists?
I only pity the foolish women that think they should accept infidelity from their men because men have no self control. For those women you need to ask yourselves what men will say if the tables were turned. Will they ever accept it or will they tell the husband to throw his wife out for cheating on him?

Women please liberate yourselves. No one else can help you except yourselves. Adultery is wrong and will always be wrong. Don't let anyone bully you into accepting it when they themselves will never accept that nonsense.
Bless your soul bro

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Halldmoney: 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2017
lklkl

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Sike(m): 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
Your Sis Ain't Serious. Tell her i said this.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Jesusgirl92(f): 4:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
freecocoa:
Did I read that the bastard even left angrily? Chai! The things that women see, I sha don't blame him, just take a look at this thread and you'll see why he has the nerves to be angry after what he did.

Useless hediots.
I
My dear, that part weak me no be small. The sorry excuse of a man left his home angrily 4 3 whole days and some people are here saying "sit him down and try to find out what's wrong" imagine that!!! The unrepentant idiot would get what's coming to him.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Tomjazzy2: 4:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
sweatlana:

Trash talk. If u lack discipline not all men are like u

Hypocrite cheesy
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Halldmoney: 4:54pm On Mar 11, 2017
TinaAnita:
Counselling will only do nothing but make him stop sexchatting when his wife is around. A cheat will always cheat. He will be more careful next time but he won't stop cheating.

your experience and again you have no experience of marriage... wait until you get there or ask us
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Ugosample(m): 4:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:

Modified
----

So let her be.

Nice
very nice
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Usmaniaaa: 4:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
Living him because he cheat my sister is like living a country because it rains it rains every were my sister.. Settle it amicably..

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by sweatlana: 4:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
Tomjazzy2:

Hypocrite cheesy
I've been married 15years and not cheated!
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Jesusgirl92(f): 5:01pm On Mar 11, 2017
sweatlana:

Some people are so not worth it. So why bother. May God Almighty continue to strengthen your home in love and unity. Amen.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Halldmoney: 5:01pm On Mar 11, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
My dear, that part weak me no be small. The sorry excuse of a man left angrily and some people are here saying "sit him down and try to find out what's wrong" imagine that!!! The idiot would get what's coming to him.

you guys should just calm down and get married first, Nigeria is one of the most sentimental country i have ever lived in, most of you girls even in the name of dating go through alot and you think marriage is same? My dear marriage is another episode of your life and you have to really tread with caution, if messed up your whole life could be too. i am married now and know what i use to say about marriage then. Money and fame out of this, check out Tonto Dike and Likes. No matter how much you step correct your marriage must have a coma to deal with and you think cowardly working away is the real deal? a marriage without physical abuses is worth a peace talk

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by samsam2019: 5:13pm On Mar 11, 2017
freecocoa:
You are obviously a bigger bastard than he is. You people think because some women who obviously know not their worth, stay and take rubbish from half baked imbec1les like yourself, parading as men, mean all women should? May amadioha pay you a very unpleasant visit, f00l.
eleribu somebody. Amadioha will pay your wretched parents a visit and every one in your family

And if your father ever at any time fxcked another woman besides your mother then your father is a big foolish bastard grin

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by hedonistic: 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
Tomjazzy2:

Not judging you, but you sound like a chronic cheat bro undecided

I don't 'cheat'.. I find that word totally inapplicable to men.

I simply revel in the splendour of life's sumptuous experiences. That's what all the hard work and relentless pursuit of money is for.... To enjoy my lifemy own way and to give a comfortable life to my family (including my wife and kids).

If I work so hard and don't use some of the money to do what gives me pleasure, then life and all the daily hustle and bustle would be meaningless.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Halldmoney: 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2017
Benignasweety:
You nailed it, seriously am going through this trauma and my husband will always remind me that it is not a do or die affair. So depressed, he doesnt even go out with his wedding ring when am not around.

Be wise Mrs, nobody's story is like yours and trust me search through yourself are you 100% perfect? i am not talking about sexual sins here. There are a lot of reasons why some men derails from their marriages, it hurts so bad most people focused on some irrelevant factors. Some men wants you to be clean, sexy and all that. How well are you adhering to his complaints? this might not be your own case but my dear as long as physical abuses is not involved seek for help with your man and not let online articles from shallow minded people or singles get you off trail. remember you don't know how they were raised. You are the one in the marriage not us so you should be the best judge. enough said.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Tomjazzy2: 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2017
sweatlana:

Congrats on that man cheesy
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by kingdenny(m): 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2017
Divorce should be the last action and not the knee jerk reaction to any marriage crisis.
And unless you hear from both sides, , then you can not confidently give an advice.
In my opinion sex chatting does not justify for a divorce.
He might have done it just for the fun of it. I have sex chatted when I was single but I never had any physical sex with any of them. It could be an addiction. She needs to sit the husband down and have a heart to heart talk bout the situation. Anger is a minimal madness and decision taken in such state of mind are usually wrong
If you love your wife you will never do any thing to make her heart broken
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Eluwilussit(m): 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2017
BoiledHead:
My sister is about to put an end to her marriage in a very dangerous way. What happened?

She caught her husband sex chatting on whatsapp. She didn't even catch him physically sexing but chatting and she wants to put an end. Their son would be celebrating his 5 years birthday soon and is this the gift they wish to give the young chap?

I have tried my best to talk to her but I have no idea on how to go about this afterall, I'm single. She was like "what do you know about marriage?". The husband on the other hand hasn't taken my calls and he angrily left the house since 3 days.

Big bros and sis In the house, what advice can I give to my sister?

Tell your sister to forgive him and pay closer attention to his emotional needs. When she leaves, the tables will turn and she will find herself sexting some other lowlife just for a Bleep. Never throw away the baby with bath water.

No marriage is perfect. Forgiveness, patience and commitment, are useful virtues that help hold a marriage together. If your sister leaves because of this, then she should not even think of getting married again. Yamayama full marriage o. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Eluwilussit(m): 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2017
Usmaniaaa:
Living him because he cheat my sister is like living a country because it rains it rains every were my sister.. Settle it amicably..

Wise talk. Soon na she go join every online dating site just for a fucck. I like your analogy. grin
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by delpee(f): 5:45pm On Mar 11, 2017
solidman59:
I think she should proceed with the divorce. The guy is unrepentant and not remorseful. He even left the house angrily when he should be apologizing. I'm not married but the truth is the truth.

Marriage is no bed of roses, that's why it's 'for better or worse' (excluding domestic violence though). There's no perfect man anywhere. Matured people find a way to resolve their problems. If this is the only issue at hand, it's not enough reason to divorce.

@OP
Pray for your sister and her husband. Encourage her to find a way to resolve the issue. Any man or woman who gets angry enough to make divorce the first option for any wrongdoing will find it difficult to stay married to anyone. Remember how Hillary handled the scandal involving her husband not to mention many cases around us here.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
She wants to divorce her husband for sexchatting lol....mummy come and see those mumu again cheesy
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
eyinjuege:

IBB married a woman with a child, ty danjuma married a woman with a child, Stella damasus is remarried and has children, mercy aigbe is remarried with a child, Foluke daramola is remarried with a child, tuface baby mama with 2 children is married.
So many examples of popular people, and more of everyday people.
One man's meat is another man's poison.
If her husband doesn't find her desirable anymore, doesn't mean someone else won't. That has been the reality since time immemorial. There are thousands of people on NL who grew up with step fathers, so its not a recent development. Some of our grandparents and parents also grew up with stepfathers.
There's a saying that "if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth" that's the way i feel about your question" who would marry a married woman with a child ?".
Now regarding the OPs sister, the decision entirely lies with her. I understand we're all human, and can fall into temptation- both men and women. But we should also be decent enough to accept responsibility for our indiscretions. If the marriage breaks down, its strictly the husband's fault in this case and not the sister. He should accept responsibility, apologise and just hope the wife accepts his plea and he should change for the better. Not move out of the house, without been asked to. That means he's not even remorseful about it, and has no intentions of stopping. He's not interested in any
reconciliation.
ok o! Until she tries we"ll neva know. Single women neva marry finish na divorcee?
It's not gonna be a piece of cake though like all these other people you just mentioned.
Give or take it's like 1outof every 100 and theere is not guarantee they"ll be beta dan the previous hubby

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of Babies Sleeping In Strange Ways Shock Twitter Users / You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography / First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.