Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks (56918 Views)

My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / Woman Beats Her Husband Mercilessly For Hitting Her / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by cococandy(f): 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
Good this is coming from a man
Cyberfreak post=:
Why are many Nigerian men so selfish and heartless like animals?
I see many men here saying crap like she should forgive him there are other women waiting to take her place, divorce never favors women, women should accept infidelity because men are polygamous, she is not attractive or interesting so the man shouldn't be blamed for cheating.

Do you people even read your bibles or Quran?
Where is it written that adultery is a normal thing that should be accepted and ignored or are all of you suddenly atheists?
I only pity the foolish women that think they should accept infidelity from their men because men have no self control. For those women you need to ask yourselves what men will say if the tables were turned. Will they ever accept it or will they tell the husband to throw his wife out for cheating on him?

Women please liberate yourselves. No one else can help you except yourselves. Adultery is wrong and will always be wrong. Don't let anyone bully you into accepting it when they themselves will never accept that nonsense.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by DavidEsq(m): 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
hopeforcharles:

Despite the fact that she caught him sex chatting its not enough reason for divorce, she should be careful because from this point so many things can go wrong,
Both of them should create room for dialogue.
The hubby has left or moved out of the house; the very matrimonial home for over 3 days. Dis shows the hubby is a very proud and foolish man, who finds no wrong in wat he has done. Is dis not enof indication dat that they can never b of one mind on fidelity issues? Moreso, from h actions, he is the type of man who believes dat cos he's feeding, clothing and housing u, and u ain't doing shit, therefore he owes u no explanation as to his actions, which is very bad for such a young marriage. Besides, let's turn the table around. What would we all say if it was the woman who acted dis way? Shouts of olosho and dat lil Wayne meme wld rent the air on NL and this thread for don reach 30 pages by now cry
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by SURElee(f): 5:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
kingreign:

Tell your sister, to find a good man is hard, really hard, really really hard.
If he handles his responsibilities well, the issue of sexchatting or flirting (which can be checked anyways) is a small thing. So she saw a tiny bit of wood in the cereals she's gonna throw away the whole grains?
She had better woke up to her responsibilities, get a damn internet enabled phone and sexchat him too, then fulfil all his sexual fantacies when they meet in private.

A good man is hard to find, ain't it? Till he sexchats and brings home HIV to the innocent wife at home abi? Marriage has now become a place you die in whether you're happy or not.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by chineloSA(f): 6:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
hopeforcharles:

How sure are u that he will bring back an STIs ?
Is not as if she has caught him in the act, it hasn't reached the level of taking this kinda drastic actions

Men only need a place to sleep with anybody else. Women need a reason to sleep with someone else. undecided

The days he finds a place to do it, it will be a done deal.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 11, 2017
Don't blame their sex life. The man is just a cheating, perverted, disrespectful, philandering neanderthal who lacks self control.
Jacksparr0w127:
A married man sexchatting while his wife is right with him is terrible. Too bad tbh. If he's that h0rny, why didn't he get his wife down zi oza room?

Maybe his sex life with your sister is not really going well tho. Your sister should not divorce him, she should instead settle the dispute and try work on their sex life. Apparently, something is wrong with their sex life
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
If that's her level of maturity in responding then she should just say single.

Your bil is not unique.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by MrGerald(m): 6:18pm On Mar 11, 2017
BoiledHead:
My sister is about to put an end to her marriage in a very dangerous way. What happened?

She caught her husband sex chatting on whatsapp. She didn't even catch him physically sexing but chatting and she wants to put an end. Their son would be celebrating his 5 years birthday soon and is this the gift they wish to give the young chap?

I have tried my best to talk to her but I have no idea on how to go about this afterall, I'm single. She was like "what do you know about marriage?". The husband on the other hand hasn't taken my calls and he angrily left the house since 3 days.

Big bros and sis In the house, what advice can I give to my sister?
Just because she caught him sex chatting, what if she caught him chat sexing what will she do?
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by cococandy(f): 6:19pm On Mar 11, 2017
Typical scumbag
hedonistic:

For real. I don't understand the unrealistic standards and sense of entitlement that many young women of nowadays have afflicted themselves with. It is beyond ridiculous.

Wise older generation women knew that you simply can't expect most men to be faithful to you alone for life. It's not gonna happen. Simple.

Men don't get into marriage because they want to stick to one woman. They get into marriage because of societal norms - because it is deemed 'normal' for a man of a certain age and accomplishment to get married. Women need to get this into their block heads.

Just manage your husband well and make sure he doesn't disrespect you by cheating relentlessly to your face and making no effort to hide it. That's all a reasonable woman needs to do. You can't have him all to yourself except he is hopelessly broke and socially awkward. A normal correct guy man with a decent income cannot be tied down for life. This is a conclusive assertion. No two ways about it. If you're a woman and this sounds too bitter to swallow, then please stay off marriage and remain single for life. Don't attempt to look for what is simply not available.

Only a very foolish woman would make too much noise about a so-called cheating husband, let alone contemplate divorce. Divorce him and marry who? Who says the next man wouldn't cheat even worse? I laugh.

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Donbabaj: 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2017
Sometimes a man just wants to explore some chats. I've gat some sex chats on my phone but I have not even met any of them. So?
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 11, 2017
Apina:

So Taking the high way when things get tough is the best option? Its really disappointing hearing this from someone who's married. If the case is that leaving would save her from depression based on some uncertain events u raised, what about the child? what would be his state of mind and how would that affect him on the long run? How selfish your suggestion is. Her leaving his house wouldn't change the fact that another woman will replace her immediately, but who's gonna pick her up? Our parents had their own fair share of such issues and even worse but they knew divorce wasn't an option and sorted things out.
Kai! This uncle dey burst my brain.
Ladies nowadays tend to think of themselves alone but the truth is the end product or the gain of any marriage is a blessed Child.
So, why can't she stay for the kid?
Just cuz of sexchat... Na wa oohhh.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by FILEBE(m): 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
you dey mind dem?

Nne. i have talked and talked here and there... it seems like say na be carry the weight of the world on my head. Na so i drop the matter o. As long as it doesn't concern my Family and loved ones, he no concern me. As for me i am building myself as a role model for my children , just as my parents had done .

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by MrsAnyanwu(f): 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2017
Freewoman:
If this is true, you have nothing to do here, reason been that both knows the best, sometimes you allow things to happen so that things should be fix, no marriage without challenges even more serious than this, let them fix it themselves, yes, themselves, .....please let the woman know too well that if she backs off another packs in,men are not ready for commitment now............. Many girls are waiting on her to go so that they will enter, plus, including me or her unmarried best friends oooooooooooh
you are a very funny lady
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
eddyvilla:
I am surprised at those that just want the marriage to end. Marriage is an institution where sometimes either the man or the woman can fail. But retaking the course is the best option. If you think successful marriage don't experience issues like this, then you are a fat liar. Love covers a multitude of sin, so a wife that cannot forgive her husband doesn't know how to keep her marriage.
If you think say the woman divorcing the man will make her happier, then you are devil sent.
If a woman discovers her man is cheating, kindly watch the movie 'war room', so that you can understand that keeping your home is best done with your kneels to God and not physical battle.
Most men that cheat still loves their wife, but a man gat to be a man sometimes especially with temptation lurking around.
I don talk my own.
You burst my brain kiss kiss
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Cleodenile(f): 6:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
Just sex chat? Hahaha I can't stop laughing..Is she ready to be married at all? No offense, but your sis needs to get off her high horse..There are few men, infact there are few within the few men who can claim to be a 100% faithful in marriage these days. Men cheat..its a known fact, what really matters is that he loves and respects the marriage by not flaunting it in your face and by using protection to spare u from unwanted STIs..If I were her, I'd just laugh and tell him how he's so good at sex chatting and he should do it with me sometime with a brand new phone as compensation...lol

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by derato: 6:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:
Tell her to proceed on the divorce. Infact, help her pay the bills of the law suit

Modified
----

To those saying it's not enough. I bet 80% of you are single and you have no idea indeed what contents are of marriage. Yes.

Marriage IS NOT a task! Neither is it some kind of Job or Project. It's not a do or die affair. It's a union where 2 happy people come together as 1. So your sister shouldn't be in such union as her happiness has been slain. Why live with a man knowing well, that he is sleeping with another woman? The thought of it alone can lead to depression. Let's be realistic.

Irrespective of how they sort it out and settle the dispute, the scar would always be there. When she see him making a call, she would be suspicious. If she see him greet a woman she would be suspicious. She would always have the thought that he is sleeping with other women though she may not express this. But she would never forget. And this is not good at all. So what is the point? Is it by force? Why live in depression especially when the woman he is chatting with looks better or sexier than she is.

So let her be.

P.s I'm a married man and yet, I don't encourage anyone to stay in a marriage where infidelity looms.
I think ure sent by d devil

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by jabojafa(m): 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:
Tell her to proceed on the divorce. Infact, help her pay the bills of the law suit

Modified
----

To those saying it's not enough. I bet 80% of you are single and you have no idea indeed what contents are of marriage. Yes.

Marriage IS NOT a task! Neither is it some kind of Job or Project. It's not a do or die affair. It's a union where 2 happy people come together as 1. So your sister shouldn't be in such union as her happiness has been slain. Why live with a man knowing well, that he is sleeping with another woman? The thought of it alone can lead to depression. Let's be realistic.

Irrespective of how they sort it out and settle the dispute, the scar would always be there. When she see him making a call, she would be suspicious. If she see him greet a woman she would be suspicious. She would always have the thought that he is sleeping with other women though she may not express this. But she would never forget. And this is not good at all. So what is the point? Is it by force? Why live in depression especially when the woman he is chatting with looks better or sexier than she is.

So let her be.

P.s I'm a married man and yet, I don't encourage anyone to stay in a marriage where infidelity looms.
i will only take dis ur advice if u hv neva offended/hurt ur wife since u got married. Remember woth Jesus told those ppl dt caught dt lady in d bible of adultry....... Be d first to cast a stone if u hvnt sinned

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by ozoebuka1(m): 7:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:

Modified
----

So let her be.

This is the dumbest advice I've seen for a long time...it became the worst when I saw your PS... if everyone follow this advice,every Tom dic.k and Harry would be divorced today.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by kingreign(m): 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2017
SURElee:

A good man is hard to find, ain't it? Till he sexchats and brings home HIV to the innocent wife at home abi? Marriage has now become a place you die in whether you're happy or not.
Gosh I see you're still young, don't be offended, can I ask you a question?
Its a harmless question and I mean no offence in it.
I believe your parents are alive, if yes, I believe they're still happily married. Have you ever asked your mom how many times she felt like leaving your dad for his mistakes and how bitterly she cried alone in bed in times past for a wrong he committed?
Why did she not leave him finally?
Ask her that question you'd find the reason why I made those comments you first quoted. And o yes, a good man is hard to find. And when you find one, keep him and guard him with all you've got. smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Freewoman(f): 7:15pm On Mar 11, 2017
DEGREE2466:

I just want to look for trouble

Reason "being" not "been"

both "know" not "knows"

things "would be fixed" not "should fix"

many girls are waiting "for" her not "on" her to pack out.

in fact meet me in the other room for English class

Am sure that i wasn't there in your English class, last time i checked, carry ur trouble commot for road jareh ....LOL...
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Zirah: 7:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
Nonsense. What a disregard for women! Perhaps you were brought up in a home where cheating is rife. There's no doubt your father constantly, shamelessly cheated on your mother so much that infidelity has become your modus operandi.

You can't rationalise infidelity, you'll always look stupid. I mean, who brought you up like this? Don't be deceived by the number of likes your comment garnered. It just reveals the majority have been brainwashed and are getting into relationships/marriage for the wrong reasons.

I feel sorry for your sister already. If this happened to her this is the dumb advice you'd give her? And your wife, I feel the same way too. This is how you would use your faulty mindset to destroy an innocent woman's life. Pls, go and learn to live.

kingreign:

If he handles his responsibilities well, the issue of sexchatting or flirting (which can be checked anyways) is a small thing. So she saw a tiny bit of wood in the cereals she's gonna throw away the whole grains?
She had better woke up to her responsibilities, get a damn internet enabled phone and sexchat him too, then fulfil all his sexual fantacies when they meet in private.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Zirah: 7:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
Nonsense. What a disregard for women! Perhaps you were brought up in a home where cheating is rife. There's no doubt your father constantly, shamelessly cheated on your mother so much that infidelity has become your modus operandi.

You can't rationalise infidelity, you'll always look stupid. I mean, who brought you up like this? Don't be deceived by the number of likes your comment garnered. It just reveals the majority have been brainwashed and are getting into relationships/marriage for the wrong reasons.

I feel sorry for your sister already. If this happened to her this is the dumb advice you'd give her? And your wife, I feel the same way too. This is how you would use your faulty mindset to destroy an innocent woman's life. Pls, go and learn to live.

kingreign:

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Freewoman(f): 7:17pm On Mar 11, 2017
crunchyg:

So what are you really saying in essence

What am saying is that the matter between man and woman too deep, so commot body shap-shap, or they use you settle shekina am
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by edorhe14(m): 7:23pm On Mar 11, 2017
BoiledHead:
My sister is about to put an end to her marriage in a very dangerous way. What happened?

She caught her husband sex chatting on whatsapp. She didn't even catch him physically sexing but chatting and she wants to put an end. Their son would be celebrating his 5 years birthday soon and is this the gift they wish to give the young chap?

I have tried my best to talk to her but I have no idea on how to go about this afterall, I'm single. She was like "what do you know about marriage?". The husband on the other hand hasn't taken my calls and he angrily left the house since 3 days.

If she is hellbent on ending the marriage let her be..its her life
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Lexusgs430: 7:25pm On Mar 11, 2017
BoiledHead:

They both need to see an independent marriage counselor (not a pastor or imam)...
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by seangy4konji: 7:34pm On Mar 11, 2017
Your sister had other plans before.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Zirah: 7:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
No man can try this shit with me. I wouldn't even ask anyone for advice before packing my things and dropping the keys. This is one of the reasons I'm working hard and putting all the effort to be as financially independent as I can be. Any man who cheats on me has automatically become useless to me.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by kingreign(m): 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2017
Zirah:

I feel sorry for your sister already. If this happened to her this is the kind of dumb advice you'd give her. And your wife, I feel the same way too. This is how you would use your faulty mindset to destroy an innocent woman's life. Pls, go and learn how to live.

Idiotic wayward môrôn. Feel for your own spouse. You agents of marital destruction agitating for marital soreness in peoples home.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by moorme(m): 7:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
Shortyy:
SMH. Your wife is there with you and you're sexchatting with another woman. Odiegwu o! Some men sha.
Anyways If all he did was sexchat and didn't actually sleep with another woman, I'll advice they go for counselling. The wife might be denying him of his husband duties..

The wife might be banging an Ex...
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Zirah: 7:54pm On Mar 11, 2017
I don't expect less from a mentally deranged person. Shebi bed-hopping is sweet? Surely, you'll still meet a woman that'll destroy your destiny while at it.

kingreign:

Idiotic wayward môrôn. Feel for your own spouse. You agents of marital destruction agitating for marital soreness in peoples home.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
Marriage and problems
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by kingreign(m): 8:14pm On Mar 11, 2017
Zirah:
I don't expect less from a mentally deranged person. Shebi bed-hopping is sweet? Surely, you'll still meet a woman that'll destroy your destiny while at it.

You need not mention me. Bitter sore soul, I'd ignore you.
Say hi when you get to see the devil.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by akdjr(m): 8:17pm On Mar 11, 2017
So once a woman find out that her husband cheating d next thing to do is to divorce?....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Photos Of Babies Sleeping In Strange Ways Shock Twitter Users / You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography / First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.