Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Why Are Men Preoccupied With Sex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Preoccupied With Sex? (571 Views)

My Ten Year Struggle With Sex Addiction Is Ruining me. / LumiDolls: Barcelona Brothel Replaces Women With Sex Dolls / Why Are Men So Attracted To Women's Breast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Men Preoccupied With Sex? by Chizgold: 5:35am On Mar 12, 2017
We’re not.

And it’s damaging us all to think like that.

I’m a sucker for what other people say. If someone tells me something about myself I’ll take it as fact and only later reevaluate whether or not it’s actually true. And I’ll feel all the emotions of the accusation before even considering that they might be wrong.

And when I’m thought of as a sex obsessed man who only wants to get laid it makes me feel like an unworthy piece of sh*t that needs to reassess his entire persona because he’s got it all oh-so-wrong.

But it’s not true. And I believe it’s not true for most men.

If we really care and are willing to stop the knee jerk accusations and assumptions that all men are a**holes then the first thing we need to do is listen.

What are we saying? What is behind the sex? What do we need?

Sure, we all need sex sometimes and that’s fine. But more often than not, at the times when men are written off as sex-obsessed, unfeeling robots we are actually seeking something much deeper.

We are needing love.

We are seeking intimacy. We are seeking trust. We are seeking connection.

As men, we are conditioned to not feel too much. To plough through and suppress any feelings that could be interpreted as feminine. We are the workers. The aloof charmers. The strong ones.

But that’s a huge and unrealistic expectation to put on us. We feel just as much as anyone. We need love and affection. And we need intimacy.

As men, the only way that that has been apparently available to us is through sex. Sex is the only time we are “allowed” to let down our guard and feel. To let out whatever is inside. To be expressive with our bodies. To be free.

Sex is pleasure.

And men aren’t encouraged to seek pleasure either.

We don’t do baths and we don’t do spa days. We don’t pamper ourselves and the...

http://ikengachronicles.com/why-are-men-preoccupied-with-sex/

Re: Why Are Men Preoccupied With Sex? by BlaQWolf: 5:37am On Mar 12, 2017
You get time!!
Re: Why Are Men Preoccupied With Sex? by Nobody: 5:38am On Mar 12, 2017
You package the story soooteee!! you add link join con use Jim Iyke pics close am

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Preoccupied With Sex? by ikp120(m): 5:58am On Mar 12, 2017
Sorry, I ain't bro. cry
Re: Why Are Men Preoccupied With Sex? by ZirdoRoray(m): 6:06am On Mar 12, 2017
Don't worry so much about such generalizations. The stereotypical archetypes given to both sexes are not true. Some male are masculine, some feminine in character, some are even androgynous in behaviour. The is also the same with females. The major difference between males and females is their biological/physiological make up which results in gender roles. Apart from this I believe one should not lie to themselves. If a man feel like crying his heart out when he is hurt, he should do so as it will help ease the pain. It doesn't make him any less a man or look weak. It is not better to relieve his pain that way than drinking excessive alcohol which will further damage his health? The truth is men and women are equally sexual emotional, intelligence beings. Their gender roles are purely biological. It's cultures that further twist these roles and make men disrespectful towards women and use them as sex objects. This culture also weaken the women so the women see themselves as the weaker sex that has to give her body to men and also depend on them for their wants and needs. It's true that men are physically stronger than women but is this reason to make the men the unemotional, objective and macho sex and the women the subjective sex so that if she has more than one partner she is a slut but the opposite in the case of men? If men are polygamous by nature why can't we give women the same right of polygamy?. After all it tames two to tango.
If women need love, care, comfort and nurturing. Men deserve this too.

(1) (Reply)

Obsessed Airman Kills Lover And People Can't Deal (graphic Photos) / . / Checkout Pre-wedding Photos Of A Nigerian Lady & Her Spanish Fiance Taken On Tra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.