Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,583 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion (112526 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Most Developing States In Nigeria - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 5:03pm On Apr 12, 2017
pazienza:

1. Very illogical thing to say. "opened their eyes" , Lol! My lord, I stole the car because my friend who earlier attempted to do the same "opened my eyes" to the possibility of stealing a car. He was the one who stole the car because he put the idea in my head. I'm not to be blamed. Lol!

2. Still not the same as dissolving the regions. Nor was he the one that gave Nigeria the current dysfunctional system she runs. It was done by Gowon with active support of Edos and Yorubas.

3. Still doesn't answer the question. Did Zik use force to keep any part of Nigeria in Nigeria? Yes or No? If Yes, what direct force/ actions did Zik use to bring non consenting groups into Nigeria
Is Zik now synonymous to Britain?

4. We can't be talking about average here. SE is being compared as a single entity at against Edo. Does SE have more schools in top 50 WAEC schools than Edo? Answer Yes! Does SE have more universities than Edo? Answer is Yes! Did SE get the first federal and state Universities before Edo? Answer is Yes! Does SE have higher cut off marks in national exams possibly because of better performance of her indigenes on the average more than Edo? Yes! Does SE have higher literacy rates than Edo? Answer is Yes! Those SE have more highly accomplished and globally renowned academicians than Edo? Yes!

1. The analogy is not exactly parallel. I stole a car and kept it to myself because the person who attempted to steal it earlier wanted to use it to crush me to death. So I had to outsmart him in self defence. Ironsi dismantled federalism first because he believed that Igbos were at an advantage to always be in charge at the centre hence would therefore control the nation's wealth if centralized. If not why was it that no single Igbo, unlike the other tribes, man rose in condemnation of his centralization of the civil service immediately he did it? Northerners had to do it too to in self defence against Igbos who wanted to use it to an undue advantage.

2. He dissolved the regions and unified the civil service. Gowon reversed those steps initially. But Ojukwu's stubbornness endangered Edos, Yorubas and Hausas who had to advise Gowon to suspend the reversals so as to deal with Ojukwu and forestall his impending danger to them. At least Gowon had a reason for his.
What was Ironsi's own reason for starting it?

3. As long as you believe that Awolowo was responsible for Biafra's failure courtesy of being backed by Gowon's force without he himself carryng any guns, then Zik too was responsible for the failure of secession of others by not rejecting the British forceful backing of his resistance to secession demand by AG.

We are talking about states. Edo is one state and the ME has five states. The Middle East colluded with the North to stop Edo's state university initiative. Edo's victory in court over the Biafra-Arewa alliance meant Edo was first to pass such bill into law hence the university was established before the court victory after which a Middle East State quickly copied.

Does Edo State have more WAEC standard schools than each ME state? Yes! Does Edo State have more universities than Each ME state? Yes! Does any ME state come close to Edo as per GDP per capita? A big No! That settles it all.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 5:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
Deadlytruth:

You are a big fat fool! The war accord is different from Aburi Accord. Why do you have comprehension challenges? Who and who signed a document of agreement with Ojukwu to jointly prosecute Biafra War to warrant the later accusation of betrayal? Can you produce such document?
Aburi Accord was between Igbos and the Nigerian Establishment which composed of the Establishment's representatives from all tribes including Igbos. As long as the Edo's elected leader in the person of Enahoro, and the Yoruba's elected leaders in the person of Awolowo were not invited, then it was purely a jamboree between the Ojukwu whom the Igbos had come to accept as their leader and the Nigerian Establishment which Zik created. Once again you are a fool devoid of logical reasoning.
And you have never been able to explain why Ojukwu refused to invite Enahoro and Awolowo only for him to start seeking their support after the whole thing collapsed. He initially, as usual, went it all alone with the Hausa Fulanis like Zik too did, and when it collapsed exactly like before he began seeking the support of those he never consulted before he went. Igbos their shifty loyalty. Freaks in nature!

It was after Ojukwu invaded the Midwest and West that Enahoro and Awo rallied to Gowon's side to plot the repulsion of Biafra and not the other way round as you are trying to distort. Get some sense!

Then why are Edo/Yoruba folks speaking of a secession clause that never happened as the justification for their purposedly betrayal of Igbos in Biafra. Or you are now remembering that Edo and Yorubas are entitled to their choices, so it had behooved on you that you can nolonger use the secession clause excuse, seeing how I tore that to shreds on this thread?

Aburi Accord was an agreement between Eastern region( Igbos and defunct Eastern region minorities) and the Nigerian state( that had active and total support of Edo/Yoruba populace and did indeed had Edo and Yoruba reps).

Awolowo and Enahoro needn't be invited to the party, they became the mouth of the party.

Ojukwu talked with Awolowo well before the Aburi accord took place. Don't understand what you meant by inviting him before it all collapsed. Perhaps you can explain a bit, what you meant by that.

Hausa Fulanis never went at it alone, from the beginning, they were camped in Yorubaland and used Lagos as launch pad to attack Biafra, with active support of Yoruba populace and leaders who feigned neutrality.
Awolowo and Enahoro had no problem with Nigerian military using Lagos and Escravos as launch bases to attack Biafra, but they had problem with Biafra moving to nullify threats on her existence emanating from those corners.

You need a brain transplant surgery.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 5:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
pazienza:

Then why are Edo/Yoruba folks speaking of a secession clause that never happened as the justification for their purposedly betrayal of Igbos in Biafra. Or you are now remembering that Edo and Yorubas are entitled to their choices, so it had behooved on you that you can nolonger use the secession clause excuse, seeing how I tore that to shreds on this thread?

Aburi Accord was an agreement between Eastern region( Igbos and defunct Eastern region minorities) and the Nigerian state( that had active and total support of Edo/Yoruba populace and did indeed had Edo and Yoruba reps).

Awolowo and Enahoro needn't be invited to the party, they became the mouth of the party.

Ojukwu talked with Awolowo well before the Aburi accord took place. Don't understand what you meant by inviting him before it all collapsed. Perhaps you can explain a bit, what you meant by that.

Hausa Fulanis never went at it alone, from the beginning, they were camped in Yorubaland and used Lagos as launch pad to attack Biafra, with active support of Yoruba populace and leaders who feigned neutrality.
Awolowo and Enahoro had no problem with Nigerian military using Lagos and Escravos as launch bases to attack Biafra, but they had problem with Biafra moving to nullify threats on her existence emanating from those corners.

You need a brain transplant surgery.

Again you are a fool totally devoid of comprehension. Aburi Accord was an agreement between only Igbos and their Arewa friends but meant to be implemented on all Nigerians including Edo's and Yorubas and that was why Edos and Yorubas frustrated it. Was the Accord a document going to be used to rule over only Igbos and their Arewa friends? You are a dunce.

Delegates to Aburi were not chosen on party basis but on the basis of ethnic representation which however was misapplied as establishment members were invited in place of the real ethnic leaders. Before the Accord Ironsi had even dissolved the parties so parties were no longer existing. If it was on parties basis as you seem to insist then which party did Ojukwu represemt there? You lack deep thinking.

Secession clause arguement remains valid. You did no tear it a bit. You obviously are not able to get it when one makes a statement aimed at disproving your logic by applying it to test the validity of your own claim. That is why you are always quick to say "So we now agree that......"

On the other hand Zik allowed himself to be backed by British threat of force against the demand for scession.

the Hausa and Fulanis camped in Lagos and other Yoruba lands were those earlier deployed there by Zik and Balewa to wallop Awolowo's supporters in defence of Akintola to the cheering of Igbos. The same soldiers were used against them when the war came calling.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 5:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
Deadlytruth:

1. The analogy is not exactly parallel. I stole a car and kept it to myself because the person who attempted to steal it earlier wanted to use it to crush me to death. So I had to outsmart him in self defence. Ironsi dismantled federalism first because he believed that Igbos were at an advantage to always be in charge at the centre hence would therefore control the nation's wealth if centralized. If not why was it that no single Igbo, unlike the other tribes, man rose in condemnation of his centralization of the civil service immediately he did it? Northerners had to do it too to in self defence against Igbos who wanted to use it to an undue advantage.

2. He dissolved the regions and unified the civil service. Gowon reversed those steps initially. But Ojukwu's stubbornness endangered Edos, Yorubas and Hausas who had to advise Gowon to suspend the reversals so as to deal with Ojukwu and forestall his impending danger to them. At least Gowon had a reason for his.
What was Ironsi's own reason for starting it?

3. As long as you believe that Awolowo was responsible for Biafra's failure courtesy of being backed by Gowon's force without he himself carryng any guns, then Zik too was responsible for the failure of secession of others by not rejecting the British forceful backing of his resistance to secession demand by AG.

We are talking about states. Edo is one state and the ME has five states. The Middle East colluded with the North to stop Edo's state university initiative. Edo's victory in court over the Biafra-Arewa alliance meant Edo was first to pass such bill into law hence the university was established before the court victory after which a Middle East State quickly copied.

Does Edo State have more WAEC standard schools than each ME state? Yes! Does Edo State has more universities than Each ME state? Yes! Does any ME state come close to Edo as per GDP per capita? A big No! That settles it all.

1. Still you are the one who is with the stolen vehicle, the last where about of the vehicle is with you and you didn't attempt to return the vehicle to its rightful owner, after you killed the man you alleged was the first to steal it, you painted it, remodeled and disfigured the vehicle.
Now you want the audience to understand that the vehicle was disfigured by the previous man since he was the one who attempted to steal it, even though he is now late.
A car is missing, it's not in its rightful place, all we have is a thief who stole and disfigured it, but want to be freed because it wasn't his fault, since someone else had attempted to steal it. grin

2. Ironsi never dissolved the regions. If he did, who was Ojukwu, Fajuiyi and co, what entities did they govern? If Ironsi dissolved the regions, what are the names of the New entities he created.
Military dictators rule by central command chain, that's the only way they can stand chance of preventing coups from their high ranked inferiors. If Gowon didn't disfigure the nation, of course with active Edo and Yoruba support, the nation would naturally returned to its default regional mode whenever the military dictators gave way for civilian government. Instead, greedy civil servants like Akenzua and co, who wanted to permanently maintain centralized government to enable them siphon the state irrespective of military or civilian government, looked for loopholes to perpetuate the centrality by denaturing the regions and making it impossible for the centrality to reversed in civilian regime.

If you can get a single quote of Zik where he was issuing threats to want away Nigerian regions and where he was at the helm of British council sanctioning measures like starvation policy against want away groups, then we will have a discussion.
So far all your attempts to substitute Zik with Britain had failed as you would need direct quotes from Zik to do that, and you don't. But we have those of Awolowo

No, we are not talking about states! We are talking about entities. Edo as an Entity is inferior to SE as an entity.
Werent there Edo people in NPN? Anyway, you failed to prove that Edo state University( AAU) was the first state University in Nigeria.
Either way, SE has more Universities than Edo.

Edo is inferior to SE, in every aspect you can think of. It's only natural that you can only attempt to split the SE into 5, for Edo to stand any chance.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 5:47pm On Apr 12, 2017
pazienza:

1. Still you are the one who is with the stolen vehicle, the last where about of the vehicle is with you and you didn't attempt to return the vehicle to its rightful owner, after you killed the man you alleged was the first to steal it, you painted it, remodeled and disfigured the vehicle.
Now you want the audience to understand that the vehicle was disfigured by the previous man since he was the one who attempted to steal it, even though he is now late.
A car is missing, it's not in its rightful place, all we have is a thief who stole and disfigured it, but want to be freed because it wasn't his fault, since someone else had attempted to steal it. grin

2. Ironsi never dissolved the regions. If he did, who was Ojukwu, Fajuiyi and co, what entities did they govern? If Ironsi dissolved the regions, what are the names of the New entities he created.
Military dictators rule by central command chain, that's the only way they can stand chance of preventing coups from their high ranked inferiors. If Gowon didn't disfigure the nation, of course with active Edo and Yoruba support, the nation would naturally returned to its default regional mode whenever the military dictators gave way for civilian government. Instead, greedy civil servants like Ake

1. The owner (Nigeria) of the vehicle was killed by the person who first attempted to steal it and use it to kill me. Then I outsmarted him, collected the vehicle from him and kept it because he is still lurking around to steal it even though he is presently crying that he has repented and does not intend to steal it again. However I know he is very dishonest and I don't trust him a bit because he has refused to confess that it was him who caused the whole problem by being the first to attempt stealing it at a time when there was mutual trust among every one.
2. Ironsi dissolved the regions and created 35 new but very weak provinces which would henceforth report to the centre. That a country still has sub-national units does not translate automatically to federalism. It is rather the degree of autonomy those units have that defines it as federal or centralized. UK has subnational units yet it is a unitary state because the units are of minimal autonomy. Same with what happened under Ironsi. A centralized civil service is essentially a centralized government because without the civil service there is nothing left to be called government. Take away Anambra civil service from Obiano's control and he will become a dummy. It is the civil service that generates government revenues, implement government policies, etc. How was Ironsi therefore expecting to be able to continue paying the salaries of the centralized civil servants without also eventually centralizing the sources of revenues from their regions whichwere initially paying those salaries? So centralizing the civil service was an pure centralization of government.

However, the bigger question remains why Ironsi took power for himself rather than just swearing in Dipcharima and replacing the slain premiers with their deputies, court martialing the January boys and then exiting the stage? If he had done that would there have been the issue of fear of another coup? Would Gowon have later come to do all that you now accuse him of?
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 5:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
If you can get a single quote of Zik where he was issuing threats to want away Nigerian regions and where he was at the helm of British council sanctioning measures like starvation policy against want away groups, then we will have a discussion.
So far all your attempts to substitute Zik with Britain had failed as you would need direct quotes from Zik to do that, and you don't. But we have those of Awolowo.

You would not expect a Chameleon like Zik to openly disclose his plans of using force. But by his actions and inactions you could see it. How could a self-acclaimed believer in diplomacy remain silent and offered no rebuke or even a dissenting voice when Britain was backing him with a threat in his quest to achieve his aim? Actions speak louder than words.
The Enahoro you accuse of supporting the onslaught against Biafra (though justifiable) did not make any open threat of any kind. He only allowed Gowon's backing against Biafran forces. He was however justified since his people were being attacked.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 6:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
pazienza:

Don't be naive. If there be an election tomorrow between GEJ and Buhari again, Ijaws would still vote GEJ over Buhari like they did before, because it's a logical decision. GEJ is and will always be a better candidate than Buhari.
Buhari and APC had turned out to be colossal failures.

Edo 40% was never justified, it sticks out like sore thumb and would serve as a point of reference in future when needed.

Don't be deluded. Ijwas agitations which GEJ failed to address are being addressed by Buhari and Osinbajo. Only Igbos continued to support Zik on tribal loyalty despite Zik was daily leading them to the Arewa slaughter house. Even if Ijaws do, the rest tribes in the SS will never vote for GEJ again with all these policies targeted at the SS Question. Would you expect Ogonis to vote again for GEJ against Buhari with the implementation of UNEP report that will save them from drinking water polluted 60% with oil spills?Or you'll expect Gbaramatu and OPoroza communities to vote for GEJ again when they have currently secure the interest of an American Energy company to build a 200,000 bpd capacity modular refinery to benefit themselves and enjoy their own oil wealth courtesy of the current government's policy? You are kidding.

Have you ever heard any SS group complain about Edo's 40% votes for Buhari? tongue
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2017
pazienza:

Don't be naive. If there be an election tomorrow between GEJ and Buhari again, Ijaws would still vote GEJ over Buhari like they did before, because it's a logical decision. GEJ is and will always be a better candidate than Buhari.
Buhari and APC had turned out to be colossal failures.

Edo 40% was never justified, it sticks out like sore thumb and would serve as a point of reference in future when needed.

Imo's 20% was never justified. It sticks out like an ugly spot to be referenced in future the same way we now reference Igbos' over 90% votes for Tofa, and their unprincipled coalitions with Arewas in 1959 and 1979 to persecute fellow Southerners. Igbos are wicked!
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 6:42pm On Apr 12, 2017
pazienza:
Igbos support for GEJ was for their own
calculations against future presidency in 2019 and
not necessarily for the SS’ interest. Hear what a
prominent Igbo man said in that gathering:
“Gary Igariwey, foreclosed the
possibility of an Igbo occupying the
presidency of the country by 2015, saying
Ndigbo could only aspire for the plum job
when President Goodluck Jonathan or any
other South-southerner would have served
out his eight-year unbroken rule.”
Again Jonathan knew that the Igbos are given to
flattery

Lol! Igbos support for GEJ was a rational one.

1. He was a better candidate than Buhari by whatever parameter one would want to use. Without using the shade of tribalism. GEJ was a better candidate.

2. He is from a community that was part of defunct Eastern region, He was and remain closer to Ndiigbo than a Northerner would ever be.

Of course, Ndiigbo reasoned that GEJ deserved a return ticket and decided to shelve our own ambitions to support him. We felt it was a pragmatic approach that we don't divide Southern votes by floating an Igbo candidate and allowing the North easy victory. That way, we hoped the true SS will return us the same favour when we present an Igbo candidate in the future.

Ndiigbo given to flattery? Haha! I wonder why such flattery never won Awolowo Igbo votes in 1979 or why it didn't win Buhari Igbo votes in 2003. and 2007 when he floated Igbo VPs.
GEJ is a good man, an intellectual, not an ex tyrant or an illiterate, he was a builder who gave fair playing ground for all, not a destroyer that divided the country into 5% and 95% , what's not to love?

Well if anyone say good things about Ndiigbo, what are we supposed to do? Fight them for saying good things about us? Ofcourse, we just let them be. We would always welcome those who have respect for us and our achievements as a people, while we would concentrate the hate of Igbophobic beings and throw back at them until they are consumed thereof.

GEJ showed Ndiigbo respect and equity, and that's exactly what he got back from us in return.

1. GEJ was of course better to Igbos because he acted like Zik throughout his tenure by abandoning his own SS and Pursuing the Biafra-Arewa Oligarchy's interest.

2. Boro who was part of the defunct Eastern Region and was equally supposedly closer to Ndiigbo than Northerners. But because he was genuinely fighting for Ijaw interests Igbos who were serving the interests of Northerners tried to kill him. GEJ on the other hand appeals to Ndiigbo because he abandoned his Ijaws and the entire SS but pandered to the interest of the Arewas who are bossom friends of Igbos.

3. It is interesting that Ndigbo so badly want to leave Nigeria for Biafra yet still wanting to become president of Nigeria and therefore strategizing to court support of the SS. Which do we believe now? A very freak people! Never stable. Unreliable, treacherous, unpredictable! It means all these Biafra agitation is pure rubbish! That was still how, in 1967, you wanted Biafra and at the same time grabbing Nigeria's lands. By the time this current double speak of Biafra desire and Presidency drive lead to disaster again you''l blame Edo and Yoruba once more. Very inconsistent fellows!

Did Awlowo flatter Igbos in 1979? Was Awolowo ever a flatterer? A flatterer would not declare uncomfortable truths about Nigeria's geographical expression status and the incompatibilities of the tribes at the risk of being termed a tribal bigot. He was also hated by the North for being very blunt in derision of their feudalist system. A flatterer would not speak like that. Even Ojukwu, in his memo, later described Awolowo as a hard headed realist. I guess you'll say Ojukwu was lying.

Buhari too is very poor at flattery so he could not get Ndiigbo votes unlike OBJ who was a better flatterer and hence won in the Middle East in 2003. Ojukwu himself was a very poor flatterer but a blunt orator hence he failed to get Ndiigbo votes in 2003 and again in 2007.

GEJ showed Ndigbo respect and equity but he never constructed the second Niger Bridge which Ndiigbo needed so badly, he never released Uwazurike for dialogue, the Biafran fighters who attacked Enugu house trying to take over were arrested at his order and detained till he left power, he kicked a seasoned Igbo intellect and high flyer -Festus Odimegwu- out of NPC in subservience to Kwankwaso an Arewa, etc. What was Festus Odimegwu's offence? He spoke a very bitter truth about how Arewas have always manipulated census figures. And Jonathan got eternally crossed with him. Even his own Igbo brothers vilified him for speaking this truth which is an important component of the injustice and oppression in Nigeria. Yet the same Igbos complain of oppression. How ironical. When Odimegwu spoke that truth he was celebrated by Edos, Yorubas, Urhobos, Ijwas, Efiks, etc except his own very Ndiigbo. Hear the Igbo intellect called Festus Odimegwu speak here:
www.premiumtimesng.com/.../176823-ex-npc-chair-and-president-jonathans-ally-fest...

Unfortunately Igbos don't respect these types. If he contests an election he will lose woefully in the Middle East.

May God not let one be so blinded by sentiments as to lose sight of what true respect and equity entail.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 6:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
Deadlytruth:

1. The owner (Nigeria) of the vehicle was killed by the person who first attempted to steal it and use it to kill me. Then I outsmarted him, collected the vehicle from him and kept it because he is still lurking around to steal it even though he is presently crying that he has repented and does not intend to steal it again. However I know he is very dishonest and I don't trust him a bit because he has refused to confess that it was him who caused the whole problem by being the first to attempt stealing it at a time when there was mutual trust among every one.
2. Ironsi dissolved the regions and created 35 new but very weak provinces which would henceforth report to the centre. That a country still has sub-national units does not translate automatically to federalism. It is rather the degree of autonomy those units have that defines it as federal or centralized. UK has subnational units yet it is a unitary state because the units are of minimal autonomy. Same with what happened under Ironsi. A centralized civil service is essentially a centralized government because without the civil service there is nothing left to be called government. Take away Anambra civil service from Obiano's control and he will become a dummy. It is the civil service that generates government revenues, implement government policies, etc. How was Ironsi therefore expecting to be able to continue paying the salaries of the centralized civil servants without also eventually centralizing the sources of revenues from their regions whichwere initially paying those salaries? So centralizing the civil service was an pure centralization of government.

However, the bigger question remains why Ironsi took power for himself rather than just swearing in Dipcharima and replacing the slain premiers with their deputies, court martialing the January boys and then exiting the stage? If he had done that would there have been the issue of fear of another coup? Would Gowon have later come to do all that you now accuse him of?

1. Only that Nigeria wasn't killed. She didn't disintegrate, she lived post Ironsi, so the premise of your argument is already standing on a shaky ground. grin

2. Did Ironsi dissolve the regions? If you say he did, tell us the name of the New entities he created, and then tell us the positions of Fajuiyi and Ojukwu in Ironsi government.
Mind you, the regions always had provinces since 1938. grin

3. Ironsi was a military man, central chain of command was and remain the military way.
Why Ironsi didn't hand over to Dipcharima? Well, he was a military man with troops at his command, neither Dipcharima nor Nwafor-Orizu had such.
He( Ironsi) was responsible for his actions.
The curiousity is the state in which those who together with Gowon, dissolved the regions, created dysfunctional entities called states and eternally denatured Nigerian structure had refused to take blame for their actions, but are instead insisting that the blame should go to Ironsi, because in their words, he was the one who made them do so. He( Ironsi) from the spirit world pushed them into their actions.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 6:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
pazienza:

You are yet to show any thing remotely close to that.

All you did was assign your usual schizophrenic interpretations to Zik words.
No where did Zik threaten any group that wanted to leave Nigeria, instead those groups were the ones issuing threats and Zik was the diplomat that calmed them down and used superior wit to convince them to play his game.

A diplomat that kept silent when Britain deployed threats to back him up in his quest to hold Nigeria together at all cost. So much for a diplomat! The
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 6:55pm On Apr 12, 2017
pazienza:

Like I had shown, there were Ijaws who fought for Biafra and even abdicated their thrones rather than denounce Biafra. So, it's a two way thing. FG simply empowered the Igbophobic ones and the Igbophilic ones had to fall in line.
It was a classical divide and conquer strategy.

Willink report is there to prove that no such oppression was meted on any minority group in Eastern region by Ndiigbo.
NCNC minority henchmen like Mbu, Imoke, Nwuche and co would have spoken of it, if it existed.

https://www.nairaland.com/3669459/how-igbo-marginalised-minorities-delta

Either way, the point is that Tamuno account of events remain his personal opinions and cannot be said to be a neutral opinion, seeing as the mainstream Ijaws were hardly neutral towards the Igbos in immediate post 1970, the FG made sure of that with their divide and conquer tactics.

I no longer bother reading your links because they end up negating your own very claims. Tamuno has written it as an Ijaw man. If Igbos were really nice to them but could only rally to the side of Nigeria because of duress they would have long apologized to Igbos after the war. But alas!
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
pazienza:

The Burden of proof is on he who said there is and not on he who said there isn't.

You said Zik used threats to keep other groups in Nigeria, show me the proof or forever remain silent.

Zik used Diplomacy to convince the North, not much could be found in written articles from Zik himself on how the West was convinced to fall in line.
But Zik reiterated that he was not going to use any thing beyond diplomacy to keep any group in the union.

The burden is also on you to prove that Zik did not remain silent when Britain backed him up with threat against the AG.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 7:01pm On Apr 12, 2017
Deadlytruth:
So far all your attempts to substitute Zik with Britain had failed as you would need direct quotes from Zik to do that, and you don't. But we have those of Awolowo.

You would not expect a Chameleon like Zik to openly disclose his plans of using force. But by his actions and inactions you could see it. How could a self-acclaimed believer in diplomacy remain silent and offered no rebuke or even a dissenting voice when Britain was backing him with a threat in his quest to achieve his aim? Actions speak louder than words.
The Enahoro you accuse of supporting the onslaught against Biafra (though justifiable) did not make any open threat of any kind. He only allowed Gowon's backing against Biafran forces. He was however justified since his people were being attacked.

In other words. Other than your schizophrenic verbose misrepresentations which you insist must be accepted as the truth, you have nothing whatsoever to prove that Zik used Force to keep any want away group in Nigeria, neither do you have evidence of Zik serving as the mouthpiece of British in disseminating threats on military action/ starvation or sanctions on would be secessionists.
Good to know.

Enahoro was active in Gowon government and supported the starvation policy.
“Its (mass starvation) is a legitimate aspect
of war (Anthony Enahoro, Nigerian
Commissioner for Information at a press
conference in New York, July 1968)

Show me where Zik made similar threats and carried it on behalf of the British, against any want away Nigerian group, and we have a discussion.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 7:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
Deadlytruth:

The burden is also on you to prove that Zik did not remain silent when Britain backed him up with threat against the AG.

You first have to show us Zik threat on any want away group, then we can discuss on how British backed this Zik threat, and how Zik kept quiet.

So far, you are yet to give us a quote of this Zik threat. Hope you see the problem with your schizophrenic logic. You are attempting to build something( British back up and Zik silence) on the non existent( Zik's threat).

This in logic is called fallacy.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 7:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
Deadlytruth:

No. The Burden is on you to give a quote of this Zik threat! cheesy grin
You can't build something out of Nothing. It's against the order of nature.

You had failed to provide a quote of this Zik threat and had since resorted to schizophrenic misrepresentation and interpretations of Zik actions and inactions. cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 7:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
pazienza:

1. Only that Nigeria wasn't killed. She didn't disintegrate, she lived post Ironsi, so the premise of your argument is already standing on a shaky ground. grin

2. Did Ironsi dissolve the regions? If you say he did, tell us the name of the New entities he created, and then tell us the positions of Fajuiyi and Ojukwu in Ironsi government.
Mind you, the regions always had provinces since 1938. grin

3. Ironsi was a military man, central chain of command was and remain the military way.
Why Ironsi didn't hand over the Dipcharima? Well, he was a military man with troops at his power, neither Dipcharima nor Nwafor-Orizu had such.
He( Ironsi) was responsible for his actions.
The curiousity is the state in which those who together with Gowon, dissolved the regions, created dysfunctional entities called states and eternally denatured Nigerian structure had refused to take blame for their actions, but are instead insisting that the blame should go to Ironsi, because in their words, he was the one who made them do so. He( Ironsi) from the spirit world pushed them into their actions.

1. Nigeria was killed because she became a failed state which even those who first attempted to steal the vehicle began to get disturbed by its putrid smell of the corpse and so wanted out.
2. Ironsi dissolved the regions and criticized what he called intense regionalism as the problem of Nigeria. He changed the country's official name from "Federal Republic of Nigeria" to just "Republic of Nigeria" meaning the federating units had ceased to exist. If he did not dissolve the regions why then did Gowon promulgate the anti-unification decree which reversed it?
3. And those hardest hit by the dysfunctional state of Nigeria are Ironsi's brothers. Is that not an indication that posterity and nemesis are at work? God's punishment is usually just and it is always directed at the truly guilty who in this case are Ironsi's brothers.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 7:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
Deadlytruth:

We are talking of how Zik after the 1965 elections abandoned the UPGA to go and team up with his old friends now as NNA after and this one is talking of Akintola's formation of NNDP from an AG faction which was a 1962 event. Are you okay at all?

Zik was not making any thing out of a bad situation. He was power hungry. Would it not have even been better if he had accepted the census results thus remained with his Arewa friend in the evil NPC-NCNC coalition that first join UPGA and then turn round again to the side of Arewa? Why start a fight he could not fight let alone finish? Why reject his Arewa friends in the name of fighting against a falsified census only for him to again go back to join the census falsifiers when the falsified census had not been corrected? What situation was he trying to salvage by allowing a falsified census stand?

Why was Zik even still interested in forming the central government at all with the Arewa to warrant the need to align with the the Arewa-controlled NNA despite the latter had by their actions made it clear that they were out to subdue the South and his own Eastern Region especially? Zik was a fool! Stop defending him. He is responsible for all the mess and irrelevance you people have fallen into till today.

Things don't exist in Isolation. You can't ignore the fact that Yoruba faction under NNDP with big followership and led by Akintola and Kayode were already part of NNA. A chain was only as strong as its weakest point. NNDP had by that action weakened the Southern solidarity already achieved in UPGA coalition. What's the point of a broken coalition, broken by Yorubas! Akintola and his Yoruba supporters never cared about the falsified Census results, Zik realized, why should he care?

Edo is and will always remain an irrelevant group in Nigeria. Even in APC anti Igbo government, Edos remain nore irrelevant than Ndigbo would ever be. You are just a regular bitter Edo being.
I feel your pain, but you will not be allowed to pour it on Ndiigbo without getting destroyed in the process.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 7:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
pazienza:

In other words. Other than your schizophrenic verbose misrepresentations which you insist must be accepted as the truth, you have nothing whatsoever to prove that Zik used Force to keep any want away group in Nigeria, neither do you have evidence of Zik serving as the mouthpiece of British in disseminating threats on military action/ starvation or sanctions on would be secessionists.
Good to know.

Enahoro was active in Gowon government and supported the starvation policy.
“Its (mass starvation) is a legitimate aspect
of war (Anthony Enahoro, Nigerian
Commissioner for Information at a press
conference in New York, July 1968)

Show me where Zik made similar threats and carried it on behalf of the British, against any want away Nigerian group, and we have a discussion.

Show me the statement Enahoro made publicly in support of the starvation policy so we have a discussion. Zik kept mute while Britain threatened force to back up his objective of deprecating the secession clause. A man who truly believed in diplomacy would never have thought of declaring another man's land as a "no man's land". For a him to attempt such means he was ready to use force as those on the receiving end would not have let go without a fight.

You need inculcation since you are impervious to logic. I therefore repeat the same thing in different ways to see if it might just stick.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 7:30pm On Apr 12, 2017
pazienza:

Things don't exist in Isolation. You can't ignore the fact that Yoruba faction under NNDP with big followership and led by Akintola and Kayode were already part of NNA. A chain was only as strong as its weakest point. NNDP had by that action weakened the Southern solidarity already achieved in UPGA coalition. What's the point of a broken coalition, broken by Yorubas! Akintola and his Yoruba supporters never cared about the falsified Census results, Zik realized, why should he care?

Edo is and will always remain an irrelevant group in Nigeria. Even in APC anti Igbo government, Edos remain nore irrelevant than Ndigbo would ever be. You are just a regular bitter Edo being.
I feel your pain, but you will not be allowed to pour it on Ndiigbo without getting destroyed in the process.

Keep running in circles. You are obsessed with Edo and it is a sign that Edo is actually more relevant than your entire Middle East. You dream about Edo, the mention of it gives you high BP. GEJ your hero said only a tree with ripe fruits have missiles hurled at it. You can't ever hear US talking repeatedly in public about a weaker country. But other weaker countries complain against US daily. It is clear which is greater between Edo and Middle East. A person is preoccupied with what he envies or dreads. Edo would not even make statement on whether the Middle east is relevant because the irrelevance of the ME is as clear as sunshine.
And the reason You Ndiigbo hate Edo is that it is the state in the SS that first realized that the joint SS/SE proposal was all about crude oil and nothing else. You know you Igbos hate it when your tricks are discovered and your evil intentions uncovered.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 7:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
Deadlytruth:

1. Nigeria was killed because she became a failed state which even those who first attempted to steal the vehicle began to get disturbed by its putrid smell of the corpse and so wanted out.
2. Ironsi dissolved the regions and criticized what he called intense regionalism as the problem of Nigeria. He changed the country's official name from "Federal Republic of Nigeria" to just "Republic of Nigeria" meaning the federating units had ceased to exist. If he did not dissolve the regions why then did Gowon promulgate the anti-unification decree which reversed it?
3. And those hardest hit by the dysfunctional state of Nigeria are Ironsi's brothers. Is that not an indication that posterity and nemesis are at work? God's punishment is usually just and it is always directed at the truly guilty who in this case are Ironsi's brothers.

1. Nigeria didn't fail in 1967! She failed post Gowon's( of course supported by Edos and Yorubas) denaturation of its structures with the creation of dysfunctional entities called states, the entrenchment of the reign of mediocrity called Federal character, the indigenization post war policy that handed Nigerian public and private sector to Awolowo and his Yoruba/Edo associates who ruined them all through chronic incompetence and nepotism.
Even at that, Nigeria never died, it lived on, albeit embarrassingly.
So, no your dead Nigeria premise won't stand. grin

2. What is the name of the New entities Ironsi used to replace the regions, since you claimed he destroyed them, and what were the place of Ojukwu and Fajuyi in Ironsi government? I await your answers. cheesy

3. Stats and data disagree with you. Nigeria denatured states created by Gowon( with active Edo/Yoruba support) had affected the entire colonial entity, but Ndiigbo are not worse off today. We are naturally anti Nigerian, cos we know we can triple our current development rate outside Nigerian liability, other groups just don't feel so confident of making it outside the Nigerian structure.
To other Nigerian groups, it's more like:

" since I'm not sure I can make it on my own outside Nigerian entity, it's better we all stick together in Nigeria and fail together"

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
pazienza:

1. Nigeria didn't fail in 1967! She failed post Gowon's( of course supported by Edos and Yorubas) denaturation of its structures with the creation of dysfunctional entities called states, the entrenchment of the reign of mediocrity called Federal character, the indigenization post war policy that handed Nigerian public and private sector to Awolowo and his Yoruba/Edo associates who ruined them all through chronic incompetence and nepotism.
Even at that, Nigeria never died, it lived on, albeit embarrassingly.
So, no your dead Nigeria premise won't stand. grin

2. What is the name of the New entities Ironsi used to replace the regions, since you claimed he destroyed them, and what were the place of Ojukwu and Fajuyi in Ironsi government? I await your answers. cheesy

3. Stats and data disagree with you. Nigeria denatured states created by Gowon( with active Edo/Yoruba support) had affected the entire colonial entity, but Ndiigbo are not worse off today. We are naturally anti Nigerian, cos we know we can triple our current development rate outside Nigerian liability, other groups just don't feel so confident of making it outside the Nigerian structure.

1. Military rule is an aberration anywhere. It has never led any country to Eldorado but chaos and failed state status. So Nigeria failed when Ironsi introduced military rule into it as against the purely democratic structure we were bequeathed by the British.

2. I will find it out and produce it soon. It was just like how I gave you the stats of the cross carpeting accusation and till this moment you have been dumbfounded at the fact that you had hitherto been swimming in Zik's lies.

3. If Igbos aren't worse off today then why are they the ones complaining of being marginalized by everyone else? You can't be better than those you claim are marginalizing you. It is illogical.

4. You are naturally anti-Nigeria yet it was you people who championed the fraudulent "one-Nigeria" sloganeering. What an interesting Irony!
You were confident making it outside Nigeria yet you could not declare your beloved Biafra while Ironsi was in power on your behalf. In fact you even held back the Isaac Boro and Ijaws who declared their own confidence in doing better outside Nigeria. Keep fooling yourself with hypocritical assertions.

Those who deny others freedom don't deserve it themselves...........Abraham Lincoln.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 8:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
Deadlytruth:

1. Military rule is an aberration anywhere. It has never led any country to Eldorado but chaos and failed state status. So Nigeria failed when Ironsi introduced military rule into it as against the purely democratic structure we we bequeathed by the British.

2. I will find it out and produce it soon. It was just like how I gave you the stats of the cross carpeting accusation and till this moment you have been dumbfounded at the fact that you had hitherto been swimming in Zik's lies.

3. If Igbos aren't worse off today then why are they the ones complaining of being marginalized by everyone else? You can't be better than those you claim are marginalizing you. It is illogical.

4. You are naturally anti-Nigeria yet it was you people who championed the fraudulent "one-Nigeria" sloganeering. What an interesting Irony!
You were confident making it outside Nigeria yet you could not declare your beloved Biafra while Ironsi was in power on you behalf. In fact you even held back the Isaac Boro and Ijaws who declared their own confidence in doing better outside Nigeria.

Those who deny others freedom don't deserve it themselves...........Abraham Lincoln.

1. Same redundant argument. Either way you want to put it. Nigeria didn't die. So your Nigerian death premise still does not stand. Nigeria still exists.
Well, it then boggles the mind why civilians like Enahoro, Awolowo, Akenzua and hordes of their Yoruba and hordes of their Yoruba and Edo populace all queued behind a military dictator in Gowon and helped him fail Nigerian by denaturing it's structures permanently, all in bid to milk the country dry.
So you lots knew all those while that military governments were aberrations, yet Enahoro was Gowon minister of information who was globetrotting while disseminating the good news of starvation of Biafrans, Awolowo was Gowon minister of finance. They were all civilians yet legitimized the first long term military regime that set the tone for what Nigeria evolved into today via its many schemes. grin

Anyway, none of the above helps your dead Nigeria argument now? Do they? cheesy

2. Cross carpeting was one of your many irrelevant drivels and distractions, I had no interest in it, seeing as it was irrelevant in the central point of my argument.

Goodluck finding non existing quotes. Hope you don't end up going on your usual irrelevant drivels when you end up not finding it.

3. That's the illogicality of Nigeria. Suffering and smiling, supposedly educated folks supporting a failed Colonial entity despite the advantage of hindsight of over 100yrs.
When a bird is forced to fly low by a group of chickens, it doesn't mean the bird is worst off than the chickens, after all, the chickens are not flying either and never flew in their whole lives. Yet the bird feel marginalized by the chickens, and rightly so, seeing as it had been denied of its high flights by the chickens, the chicken naturally are comfortable in the cage, the bird is not.

This is the position of Ndiigbo in Nigeria.

4. Quit trying to drag Ijaws into this discussion, Opigo an Ijaw man gave the name Biafra to Eastern region during its declaration, many Ijaws fought for Biafra and many fought against it. Defunct Eastern region affairs are beyond your knowledge depth, and you can't analyze them using prevailing prejudices of today.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 10:32am On Apr 13, 2017
pazienza:

1. Same redundant argument. Either way you want to put it. Nigeria didn't die. So your Nigerian death premise still does not stand. Nigeria still exists.
Well, it then boggles the mind why civilians like Enahoro, Awolowo, Akenzua and hordes of their Yoruba and hordes of their Yoruba and Edo populace all queued behind a military dictator in Gowon and helped him fail Nigerian by denaturing it's structures permanently, all in bid to milk the country dry.
So you lots knew all those while that military governments were aberrations, yet Enahoro was Gowon minister of information who was globetrotting while disseminating the good news of starvation of Biafrans, Awolowo was Gowon minister of finance. They were all civilians yet legitimized the first long term military regime that set the tone for what Nigeria evolved into today via its many schemes. grin

Anyway, none of the above helps your dead Nigeria argument now? Do they? cheesy

2. Cross carpeting was one of your many irrelevant drivels and distractions, I had no interest in it, seeing as it was irrelevant in the central point of my argument.

Goodluck finding non existing quotes. Hope you don't end up going on your usual irrelevant drivels when you end up not finding it.

3. That's the illogicality of Nigeria. Suffering and smiling, supposedly educated folks supporting a failed Colonial entity despite the advantage of hindsight of over 100yrs.
When a bird is forced to fly low by a group of chickens, it doesn't mean the bird is worst off than the chickens, after all, the chickens are not flying either and never flew in their whole lives. Yet the bird feel marginalized by the chickens, and rightly so, seeing as it had been denied of its high flights by the chickens, the chicken naturally are comfortable in the cage, the bird is not.

This is the position of Ndiigbo in Nigeria.

4. Quit trying to drag Ijaws into this discussion, Opigo an Ijaw man gave the name Biafra to Eastern region during its declaration, many Ijaws fought for Biafra and many fought against it. Defunct Eastern region affairs are beyond your knowledge depth, and you can't analyze them using prevailing prejudices of today.

1. One very pathetic trait about you Igbos is hypocrisy. You focus on Awo and Enahoro's participation in military rule but Ignore the fact that it was introduced by you Igbos in the first instance. If Ironsi had not introduced it would Gowon have later appeared on stage for Awo and Enahoro to hold portfolios in his cabinet? And was it not a shameful thing that Igbos too had earlier on agreed to serve in Ironsi's military cabinet which predated Gowon's? You people's hypocrisy is mind boggling. You throw blows at people but when they retaliate you claim they are wicked. Were you who threw the first blow a kind person? You are actually the most wicked to have first tilted the balance.
The question you have refused to answer is why did Ironsi introduce military rule to Nigeria in the first instance? What stopped him from just allowing Dipcharima to be sworn in and therby saving our democracy?

2. You see yourself again? Was it not you who first mentioned cross-carpeting here as the reason why Zik rejected the proposed all-South alliance in preference for the devilish NPC-NCNC Arewa-Biafra alliance? My details on the cross-carpeting issue was just a response to prove the fallacy of that claim, and you have not been able to come up with superior facts.

3. That is pure rubbish! Is that not a drivel you too are making here? How could birds ever be forced to fly low as the chicken? very senseless logic! What is happening is that Igbos are actually the chicken who fell into the cage they themselves set for to trap the birds.

4. I will not quit bringing in Ijaws because that is you people's Achilles's Ankle. It is the point which weakens and kills all your arguments. It exposes how wicked and irrational you lots are and substantiates you people's hypocritical nature. What you did to Ijaw stands out as a sore thumb in your history of greed and lust after other people's lands and resources.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 10:46am On Apr 13, 2017
Ironsi's broadcast to the nation - May 24,
"The Regions are Abolished': Ironsi's
Broadcast to the Nation banning
Political Parties and introducing Decree No.
34, 24 May 1966.
Fellow Nigerians:
During the past two weeks I presided over
meetings of the Supreme
Military council and the Central Executive
Council at which many
important state matters were considered. . .
It is now three months since the
Government of the Federal Republic
of Nigeria was handed over to the Armed
Forces. Now that peace has
been restored in the troubled areas it is
time that the Military
Government indicates clearly what it
proposes to accomplish before
relinquishing power. The removal of one of
the obstacles on the way
is provided for in the Constitution
(Suspension and Modification)
Decree (No. 5) 1966 which was
promulgated by me today and comes into
effect at once.
The provisions of the Decree are intended
to remove the last
vestiges of the intense regionalism of the
recent past,
and to
produce that cohesion in the governmental
structure which is so
necessary in achieving, and maintaining the
paramount objective of
the National Military government, and
indeed of every true Nigerian,
namely, national unity.
The highlights of this Decree are as follows:
The former regions are abolished, and
Nigeria grouped into a number
of territorial areas called provinces. . . .
Nigeria ceases to be what has been
described as a federation. It
now becomes simply the Republic of
Nigeria.

The former Federal Military government
and the Central Executive
Council become respectively the National
Military Government and the
executive Council. All the Military
Governors are members of the
Executive Council.
A Military Governor is assigned to a group
of provinces over which
and subject to the direction and control of
the Head of the National
Military Government, he shall exercise
executive power. In order to
avoid any major dislocation of the present
administrative machinery,
the grouping of the provinces has been
made to coincide with the
former regional boundaries. This is entirely
a transitional measure
and must be understood as such. The
present grouping of the
provinces is without prejudice to the
Constitutional and
Administrative arrangements to be
embodied in[b] the New Constitution in
accordance with the wishes of the people of
Nigeria.[/b]
The National Military Government assumes
the exercise of all
legislative powers throughout the Republic
subject to such
delegations to Military Governors as are
considered necessary for
purposes of efficient administration.
The public services of the former federation
and regions become
unified into one national public service
under a National Public
Service Commission.
There is a provincial
Service Commission for
each group of provinces to which is
delegated functions in respect of
public officers below a given rank. This
rather drastic change will
probably involve a reconstitution of the
existing commissions, and
the National Military Government reserves
the right to do so in the
manner stipulated in the Decree. Until this
is done, the present
Commissioners continue to act in their
posts. Every civil servant is
now called upon to see his function in any
part of Nigeria in which
he is serving in the context of the whole
country. The orientation
should now be towards national unity and
progress.
I expect all
civil servants to co-operate and to consult at
all levels, vertically
and horizontally, between groups of
Provinces and between Provinces
and the Centre.
People are aware that Study Groups have
been set up to look into
various aspects of governmental activity.
One of them is concerned
with problem relating to the Constitution.
This Decree is without
prejudice to their activities and their reports
will be given proper
consideration by the National Military
Government in formulating the
proposals for the future civilian
government.
In my nation-wide radio broadcast of
January 28, 1966, I said, among
other things: "We cannot afford to continue
with sterile political
strife and mutual recriminations. I have
therefore ordered that
there shall be no display in party flags or
symbols, and no shouting
of political slogans.'
On March 3, I caused a press release to be
issued calling attention
to the fact that political meetings were, in
spite of my order, being
held in certain parts of the country, and
warned the public and the
press to cooperate with the Federal Military
Government in its tasks
of national reconstruction.
In spite of these warnings, political party
activities still
continue, either directly, or through various
tribal societies and
organizations. The National Military
Government owes it as a duty to
the people of this country to remove the ills
which infested the
former regime, to restore the faith of our
people in their to remove
the ills which infested the former regime, to
restore the faith of
our people in their fatherland and its
institutions, so that when the
time comes for the civilian government to
return, a healthy body
politic would have emerged, and last
vestiges of bitter factionalism
removed.
The National Military Government having
committed itself to this
task is firmly resolved to conclude it, and
will not be diverted from,
or obstructed in, the fulfillment of this
objective by the
activities or political manoeuvres of any
society, party, union or
association. Part of our task is the removal
of politics based on
tribal affiliations which, as everybody
knows, have manifested
political intrigues, or have been used as
bases for party-political
propaganda. This leads me to the removal
of the second obstacle on
the way for which provision has been made
in the Public Order Decree
1966, which I have signed today and which
comes into operation
forthwith, dissolving all organizations of the
type scheduled therein,
and banning any manifestations of their
political purpose. These
organizations have been dissolved and will
be buried along with the
tribal, sectional and regional bitterness
which they engendered.
Certain types of associations and
organizations are unaffected and
will remain so, only for as long as they do
not engage in any
political activity. It is the cardinal aim of my
Government to foster
the growth of town development unions,
membership of which should be
open to all inhabitants of the particular
town irrespective of their
tribal origin. This does not mean for
instance that Efiks residing
outside Calabar should not contribute
towards the development of
Calabar development union but it does
mean that a Tiv or Hausa
residing in Calabar should be eligible for
membership and should be
allowed to participate fully in the
development of that town.
This Decree also prohibits the formation of
new political parties.
I must emphasize however that the ban on
formation of new political
parties is of limited duration and is
designed to enable this
corrective government to get on with its
task especially at this
initial stage. At the appropriate time
provisions will be made
outlining the procedure for the formation
of new political
associations.]
I want however to leave no doubt in the
mind of anybody, that the
provisions of this decree will certainly be
enforced. This is a
Military Regime and soldiers do not allow
themselves to be diverted
from or obstructed in the fulfillment of
their objectives. With us
the objectives will be pursued with supreme
determination and vigor.
In this we need not only the cooperation
but the discipline of every
Nigerian.
I wish to make it clear that the prohibition
of the formation of new
political associations has no sinister motive.
The limitation period
until the 17th of January 1969 may be
reduced if the Military
Government accomplishes its aims before
then.
Malicious rumours designed to mar our
national reconstruction
continue to be carried about by certain
individuals in spite of my
repeated warnings. Cases of impersonation
of officers of the Armed
Forces are still reported. I have to warn
again those who indulge in
these criminal acts to discipline themselves
forthwith and not to
provoke us into taking very drastic
measures which may otherwise
become necessary.
In pursuance of its policy for achieving
national unity, my
Government is setting up a body to review
all the existing Government-
sponsored newspapers in the context of
national unity. This body
will also recommend the most effective
organization for running the
Information, Broadcasting and Television
Services in the country and
the financial implications involved.
I must not end this broadcast without
pointing out a recent
development which, if not checked, will
adversely affect the morale
of the Civil Service and thereby hamper our
national reconstruction.
By this I mean the unnecessary criticism
recently being leveled
against the Civil Service by certain sections
of the Press. It is
common knowledge that civil servants are
expected to tender advice to
Ministers but it was not obligatory on the
part of the former
Ministers to accept advise so tendered. It
will therefore be wrong
to blame civil servants for mistakes made by
their Ministers who in
many cases did not accept the advice given
to them by these officers.
I have to make it abundantly clear to
everyone that my Government
will continue to use the services of the
present civil servants.
However, my government believes in
maintaining the highest standard
of efficiency in the Civil Service and will not
hesitate to do away
with anyone found guilty of inefficiency,
nepotism, tribalism and
corruption.
I therefore wish to appeal to all newspaper
editors and columnists
to look for a more profitable pastime and
desist from criticising
civil servants unnecessarily especially as
they realize that because
of the tradition of their calling, civil servants
are barred from
defending themselves on the pages of
newspapers. Such attacks will
certainly not help the Military Government
and is sure eventually to
demoralizes members of the Public Service
who are rendering such
noble service to this nation under difficult
conditions. If any
member of the public has any genuine case
against any civil servant,
he or she should make a report to the
appropriate quarters.
We are determined to accomplish the main
tasks we have set ourselves.
The various problems involved are being
studied by the various
working parties which I have set up. Whilst
these studies are in
progress my Government cannot remain at
a standstill and must
therefore forge ahead in the meantime. As
a corrective regime we
must ensure that the fatal maladies of the
past are cured before we
relinquish power. We propose as a last act
to give the country an
accurate count as well as a Constitution
which will guarantee unity,
freedom, and true democracy to all
Nigerians everywhere.
Investigations are proceeding in respect of
ex-politicians of the
former regime. Any of them found guilty
will be dealt with according
to Law irrespective of their position in the
community. My
Government will then consider utilizing the
services of those who
have not been found wanting and who are
prepared to serve in the
context of national unity.
Nigerians must understand and respect one
another in the new
national spirit. Those ex-politicians in
different camps who
previously regarded one another as
enemies should now forget the past
and work together for the common good.
With the dissolution of political parties and
tribal unions I want
all Nigerians everywhere in Nigeria to
regard one another not as
strangers but as Nigerians with common
nationalists irrespective of
their tribe or place of origin. From
henceforth no reference to
tribe or place of origin will appear in any
official document. . .
Finally, I appeal to all Nigerians and friends
of Nigeria to
cooperate with the Military Government in
the difficult task of
national reconstruction.
-------------------------------------
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 11:46am On Apr 13, 2017
Knowing your diabolical mind, if Zik fought for their inclusion in Southern Nigeria and then Eastern region, you Igbophobic beings would have still accused him of being a land grabber, who was out to expand Igbos territories by proxy.

There is no pleasing Igbophobic beings by an Igbo man. He is condemned for his actions which are misinterpreted and twisted to make him a greedy villain and then by his inactions which are distorted and logic turned on its head to present him as being too weak, docile and disillusioned.[/quote]

Who would have accused Zik of land grabbing if he had fought against the excision of Munchi District from the Eastern Region? Are you Okay at all? Land grabbing means an attempt to take over a land that was not previously yours. But in the case in question Zik's own region's land which his own Igbo brothers were indigenous to was being taken away from him and you suggest he was right to have looked on so as to avoid being termed a land grabber? It is like someone's money is being stolen and he gets advised not to fight back or else he would be called a thief when actually the person taking the money from him is the thief. Are you normal at all?
And in any case if the fear of being called a land grabber informed his indifference to the affairs of his own region then how come he refused to apply the same indifference to the affairs of far away Yoruba land but got himself neck deep in it to the point of seeking to govern them? Hypocrite!
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
Deadlytruth:

1. One very pathetic trait about you Igbos is hypocrisy. You focus on Awo and Enahoro's participation in military rule but Ignore the fact that it was introduced by you Igbos in the first instance. If Ironsi had not introduced it would Gowon have later appeared on stage for Awo and Enahoro to hold portfolios in his cabinet? And was it not a shameful thing that Igbos too had earlier on agreed to serve in Ironsi's military cabinet which predated Gowon's? You people's hypocrisy is mind boggling. You throw blows at people but when they retaliate you claim they are wicked. Were you who threw the first blow a kind person? You are actually the most wicked to have first tilted the balance.
The question you have refused to answer is why did Ironsi introduce military rule to Nigeria in the first instance? What stopped him from just allowing Dipcharima to be sworn in and therby saving our democracy?

2. You see yourself again? Was it not you who first mentioned cross-carpeting here as the reason why Zik rejected the proposed all-South alliance in preference for the devilish NPC-NCNC Arewa-Biafra alliance? My details on the cross-carpeting issue was just a response to prove the fallacy of that claim, and you have not been able to come up with superior facts.

3. That is pure rubbish! Is that not a drivel you too are making here? How could birds ever be forced to fly low as the chicken? very senseless logic! What is happening is that Igbos are actually the chicken who fell into the cage they themselves set for to trap the birds.

4. I will not quit bringing in Ijaws because that is you people's Achilles's Ankle. It is the point which weakens and kills all your arguments. It exposes how wicked and irrational you lots are and substantiates you people's hypocritical nature. What you did to Ijaw stands out as a sore thumb in your history of greed and lust after other people's lands and resources.

1. Haha! You said Ironsi was the one who introduced military rule in Nigeria, you demonize him for that and you claim military coup never progressed any nation.
Then it's only normal for us to know what Edo and Yoruba entities like Awolowo and Enahoro were doing endorsing Gowon's military regime and becoming its mouth piece after Ironsi demise and your answer to this so far is that Ironsi was responsible for Awolowo and Enahoro actions. And when curious minds ask how? You run into a cyclical illogical argument.

Why didn't Gowon hand over to Dipcharima, why didn't Awolowo, Akenzua and Enahoro demand that Gowon hand over to Dipcharima, instead they all legitimized Gowon's government and even constituted themselves into its mouthpiece. You see how you run yourself into irrelevant cul de sacs?

And I had told you that he did it because he had soldiers at his command, while Dipcharima and Orizu didn't. How hard is that to understand? Why do men crave for power? Rhetorical question if you ask me.

2. . I talked about Awolowo introduction of tribalism in the Western region, which decided the elections there. Awolowo insisted that West must be led by Westerners( Yorubas) alone, which is Ok by me. Problem being that it became the landmark of the current indigene/residents dichotomy in Nigerian polity today.

I also did mention the role the duplicity of Akintola Awolowo played, seeing as both were two sides of same sword, and so it was impossible for Zik to deal with the west without getting burnt.
You now went and spammed the thread with junk on cross carpeting, expecting me to comment on it. ofcourse, I ignored it.

3. That's the perfect explanation of the East lamentations of marginalization, as neither the North nor Yoruba/ Edo are outperforming the SE in attaining the MDGs.

4. No. You will not bring the Ijaw, because you are not an Ijaw, neither are you a spokes person for Ijaws. Ijaw activists/ people like Dokubo are not speaking of any
Igbo phantom aggression or suppression against them. Neither are they interested in using the said phantom Igbo suppression to blackmail Ndiigbo into one Nigeria.
The Ijaws are not aversed to pursuing a republic of their own, people like Anna Briggs and co were pioneering lower delta congress, Dokubo has no problem with Biafra, other Ijaws are comfortable with One Nigeria.
But one thing is constant, non of the Ijaws are interested in keeping Igbos in Nigeria, because Ijaws are self confident people who believe they can run a successful Ijaw independent nation alone.

Only frustrated Edo and Yorubas, scared of the outcome of Nigeria post Igbo independence, scared of their inability to make it themselves as independent nations outside Nigeria, having failed to use the phantom secession clause as a tool of blackmail, are now resorting to hiding behind the Ijaws. Their desperation is real. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 4:00pm On Apr 13, 2017
;DIf Ironsi dissolved the regions, who they were Ojukwu, Fajuyi, Ejoor, and Hassan Katsina in Ironsi government.

And what were their positions? ;DIf Ironsi dissolved the regions, who they were Ojukwu, Fajuyi, Ejoor, and Hassan Katsina in Ironsi government.

And what were their positions?

Simple questions, and you are spamming the thread with long posts you have no understanding about.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 4:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
STATEMENT BY MAJOR-GENERAL IRONSI IN
LAGOS ON
16 JANUARY 1966
The government of the Federation of Nigeria having
ceased to function,
the Nigerian Armed Forces have been invited to
form an Interim
Military Government for the purposes of
maintaining law and order, and
of maintaining essential services.
This invitation has been accepted, and I, General
J.T.U.
Aguiyi-Ironsi, the General Officer Commanding the
Nigerian Army, have
been formally invested with authority as Head of
the Federation
Military Government, and Supreme Commander of
the Nigerian Armed
Forces.
SUSPENSION OF CERTAIN PARTS OF THE
CONSTITUTION
The Federation Military Government hereby
decrees:
a. the suspension of the provisions of the
Constitution of the
Federation relating to the office of President, the
establishment of
Parliament, and of the office of Prime Minister;
b. the suspension of the provisions of the
Constitutions of the
Regions relating to the establishment of the offices
of Regional
Governors, Regional Premiers and Executive
Councils, and Regional
Legislatures.
APPOINTMENT OF REGIONAL MILITARY
GOVERNORS
The Federation Military Government further
decrees:
a. that there shall be appointed a Military Governor
in each Region of
the Federation, who shall be directly responsible to
the Federal
Military Government for the good government of
the Region; b. the
appointment as Adviser to the Military Governor of
the Region, of the
last person to hold the office of Governor of the
Region under the
suspended provisions of the Constitution.
THE JUDICIARY, THE CIVIL SERVICE AND THE
POLICE
decrees:
a. that the Chief Justice and all other holders of
judicial
appointments within the Federation shall continue
in their
appointments, and that the judiciary generally shall
continue to
function under their existing statutes;
b. that all holders of appointments in the Civil
Service of the
Federation and of the Regions shall continue to
hold their
appointments and to carry out their duties in the
normal way, and that
similarly the Nigeria Police Force and the Nigeria
Special
Constabulary shall continue to exercise their
functions in the normal
way;
c. that all Local Government Police Forces and
Native Authority Police
Forces shall be placed under the overall command
of the
Inspector-General.
INTERNAL AFFAIRS POLICY
The Federation Military Government announces, in
connection with the
internal affairs of the Federation:
a. that it is determined to suppress the current
disorder in the
Western Region and in the Tiv area of the Northern
Region;
b. that it will declare Martial Law in any area of
the Federation in
which disturbances continue;
c. that it is its intention to maintain law and order
in the
Federation until such time as a new Constitution
for the Federation,
prepared in accordance with the wishes of the
people, is brought into
being.
EXTERNAL AFFAIRS POLICY
The Federation Military Government announces, in
connection with the
external affairs of the country:
a. that it is desirous of maintaining the existing
diplomatic
relations with other States; and
b. that it is its intention to honour all treaty
obligations and all
financial agreements and obligations entered into
by the previous
Government.
CITIZENS TO CO-OPERATE
The Federation Military Government calls upon all
citizens of the
Federation to extend their full co-operation to the
Government in the
urgent task of restoring law and order in the
present crisis, and to
continue in their normal occupations.
1Federal Ministry of Information Release and
Government Notice No.
148/1966.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2017
APPOINTMENT OF REGIONAL MILITARY
GOVERNORS
decrees:
a. that there shall be appointed a Military Governor
in each Region of
the Federation, who shall be directly responsible to
the Federal
Military Government for the good government of
the Region; b. the
appointment as Adviser to the Military Governor of
the Region, of the
last person to hold the office of Governor of the
Region under the
suspended provisions of the Constitution.

cool

This was the state of things as at the time of Ironsi death.
The regions were made up of provinces, and all had governors.
Whatever future changes Ironsi intended to make didn't take effect yet before he was killed.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 4:44pm On Apr 13, 2017
Deadlytruth:
Knowing your diabolical mind, if Zik fought for their inclusion in Southern Nigeria and then Eastern region, you Igbophobic beings would have still accused him of being a land grabber, who was out to expand Igbos territories by proxy.

There is no pleasing Igbophobic beings by an Igbo man. He is condemned for his actions which are misinterpreted and twisted to make him a greedy villain and then by his inactions which are distorted and logic turned on its head to present him as being too weak, docile and disillusioned.

Who would have accused Zik of land grabbing if he had fought against the excision of Munchi District from the Eastern Region? Are you Okay at all? Land grabbing means an attempt to take over a land that was not previously yours. But in the case in question Zik's own region's land which his own Igbo brothers were indigenous to was being taken away from him and you suggest he was right to have looked on so as to avoid being termed a land grabber? It is like someone's money is being stolen and he gets advised not to fight back or else he would be called a thief when actually the person taking the money from him is the thief. Are you normal at all?
And in any case if the fear of being called a land grabber informed his indifference to the affairs of his own region then how come he refused to apply the same indifference to the affairs of far away Yoruba land but got himself neck deep in it to the point of seeking to govern them? Hypocrite!

Irrelevant drivel as usual.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 13, 2017
Deadlytruth:

Don't be deluded. Ijwas agitations which GEJ failed to address are being addressed by Buhari and Osinbajo. Only Igbos continued to support Zik on tribal loyalty despite Zik was daily leading them to the Arewa slaughter house. Even if Ijaws do, the rest tribes in the SS will never vote for GEJ again with all these policies targeted at the SS Question. Would you expect Ogonis to vote again for GEJ against Buhari with the implementation of UNEP report that will save them from drinking water polluted 60% with oil spills?Or you'll expect Gbaramatu and OPoroza communities to vote for GEJ again when they have currently secure the interest of an American Energy company to build a 200,000 bpd capacity modular refinery to benefit themselves and enjoy their own oil wealth courtesy of the current government's policy? You are kidding.

Have you ever heard any SS group complain about Edo's 40% votes for Buhari? tongue

Abeg quiet. The SS will vote GEJ over and over again.
What has Buhari done concerning Ogoni?
As for Edo we know those 40% are pro Yoruba so it's no surprise.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Abba Kyari: The THISDAY LIVE Headline That Got People Talking / Tinubu In Panic Mode! See Picture Of Bullion Vans For Last Minute Mobilisation / Rivers Rerun Election: Live Result Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 298
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.