Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion (111995 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Most Developing States In Nigeria - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by gebest: 11:31am On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
1.Eti osa- it's located in Lagos state with areas comprising Victoria island, Ikoyi island, and very small part of Lekki. It is the most sparsely populated local government area in Lagos when contrast with other areas. Here you can enjoy sea breeze blowing from the Atlantic, more than half of the commercial banks in Nigeria has their headquarters here.

Panoply skyline is one major feature though not as jam packed as the ones in Lagos island, it homes a lot of elites, such like world richest black man, Aliko Dangote, world richest black woman, Folorunsho Alakija, World richest black tech, Mike Adenuga, just to mention a few. The streets are well planned with no road left untarred.
hope its 24 hours power supply
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by saintgp(m): 11:35am On Mar 15, 2017
Uyo should have come before calabar...all dsam nice one,but what of enugu(i can recall the name of the l.g.a)?
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Henrydone: 11:58am On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
The LGA in those regions can't rank top 10 but I can assure you that most of the LGA in those regions are virtually equally developed.
Noted grin cheesy
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by NASTYNASOSO: 12:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
Henrydone:
If you can't give a superior reason, why the list is crap. Why not halt the trash and learn undecided
HMMMNN
THIS ISSUE IS NOW GETTING COMPLEX.
BLIND MAN FOLLOWING ANOTHER BLIND MAN COMPLEX.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Adaodogwu(f): 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
another list
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Henrydone: 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMNN
THIS ISSUE IS NOW GETTING COMPLEX.
BLIND MAN FOLLOWING ANOTHER BLIND MAN COMPLEX.
Is this how you counter an assertion, OP made one. You called it senseless. Then give profe that op is wrong so we give you a lot of likes, instead of resorting to abuse angry bye bye

6 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Ngokafor(f): 12:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedised:
from 10 most developed state, to cities/villages and now local government. The next will be most developed communities followed by most developed compounds

... cheesy grin
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by napoleon77(m): 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
5.Obio-Akpor- The economic power center of the Niger delta region located in River state with two major Nigeria refinery located in it, the port-harcourt refinery and eleme refinery. Numerous private oil investment companies has their business firms here shells and oilshores are notable examples. Obio-Akpor is logically the financial pulse of Nigeria as it refines most of the oil exploited in Nigeria.

The 2 refineries in Rivers state are located in Eleme Local Govt Area. There are no refineries in Obio Akpor Local Govt Area so it is wrong to say it refines most of the oil exploited in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by codedslayer: 12:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
FKO81:

Tunde the List compiled by your brother with long conehead what do you expect Igbo hater using eastwallk to deceive his umunna

Anyone that disagree with this kid is Tunde, it seems one Tunde is your nightmare. You even registered a tundebricklayer handle. Lol. When will you get sense frank ojukwu.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by napoleon77(m): 1:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
6.Ikeja - Also a capital city of Lagos state , is a well planned LGA that has a fair share of residential, commercial, and industrial Areas, All with with well defined drainage and transit system. It our window on the west as it is a focal point in communication with countries overseas with the busiest airport on the African continent, Muritala Muhammed Airport, where arik airways, overland , aero contractors, bell views airways and some others has their hubs. Ikeja is renowned for its greenery, you can see missions of admirable trees along the highways of the city .

Murtala Mohammed Interl Airport is not the busiest in Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by legislatively: 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
5.Obio-Akpor- The economic power center of the Niger delta region located in River state with two major Nigeria refinery located in it, the port-harcourt refinery and eleme refinery. Numerous private oil investment companies has their business firms here shells and oilshores are notable examples. Obio-Akpor is logically the financial pulse of Nigeria as it refines most of the oil exploited in Nigeria.
you are taking rubbish, obio akor local government is different from eleme local government. Obio akpor local government has no refinery.

And if you are talking about development, obiokpor is not developed as its mostly composed of ghettos and dirty inner roads. Replace obio akpor with port Harcourt local government and I think Enugu south local government should make your list.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by legislatively: 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
8.Calabar - A moderately dense LGA in Cross rivers state , it is known for its green reserves with large percentage of it land area reserve for green space, The roads are well paved, paving way for easy bike rides which makes it carbon emissions impressive with better air quality. Calabar tinapa, Obudu cattle range resorts are nice torrist attraction.
It a popular destination for enjoying beach games, forest walk, mountain sports and other resorts.
there nothing like calabar local government, you are not well informed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
Someone will just wake up and type unverified assertions as facts and a moderator will push to the front page without cross checking them. Most of what you wrote under Obia Kpor is a lie. PH LGA is the most developed part of Port Harcourt. The refineries are in Eleme. Infact the only details you got right are those pertaining Lagos. Travel una no go travel yt you claim you know Nigeria.

That's why I would advocate citation and detailed biblgraphy in works such as these. Tomorrow someone would Google up this stuff in a argument somewhere in Ketu to score a point. Pls, let's be sure of what we publish.

Learn from Explorers. He hardly makes this mistakes

13 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Eastwalk(m): 2:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
Someone will just wake up and type unverified assertions as facts and a moderator will push to the front page without cross checking them. Most of what you wrote under Obia Kpor is a lie. PH LGA is the most developed part of Port Harcourt. The refineries are in Eleme. Infact the only details you got right are those pertaining Lagos. Travel una no go travel yt you claim you know Nigeria.

That's why I would advocate citation and detailed biblgraphy in works such as these. Tomorrow someone would Google up this stuff in a argument somewhere in Ketu to score a point. Pls, let's be sure of what we publish.

Learn from Explorers. He hardly makes this mistakes
Obio akpor is more developed than port- harcourt local government, the airport, the university of port-harcourt are located here . PH LGA is the dirtiest part of PH, stop making filthy claims, about the refinery I have done some modifications .

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
Obio akpor is more developed than port- harcourt local government, the airport, the university of port-harcourt are located here . PH LGA is the dirtiest part of PH, stop making filthy claims, about the refinery I have done some modifications .

The airport is at omagwa. Or did u build another one at rumuokoro over night?

Carry on and post whatever u like. I was born in PH so I know trash when I see one

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by ThinkSmarter: 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
God really blessed Nigeria.
But bad governance and leadership is hindering us from actualising our dreams.

But Op Kano Municipal, Kaduna and Enugu suppose to be on the list.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Sebastine1994(m): 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:
HMMMM
CRAP POO WRITE UP
I SOMETIMES WONDER WHY PEOPLE CHOOSE TO MAGNIFY THEIR OLODO ACUMEN ONLINE.
THIS WRITE UP JUSTIFIES THAT THE WRITER HAS NO BROAD KNOWLEDGE OF NIGERIA AT ALL.

anything you do them go talk
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by legislatively: 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
stop talking rubbish, I stay in port Harcourt. Obio akpor is like the outskirt of port Harcourt with virtually no infrastructural development, as of the airport, the airport is not in obio akpor local government but in ikwerre local government.

The new stadium is also in ikwerre local government while the second stadium is in port Harcourt local government, are you sure you travel at all?

Please get your facts right.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by legislatively: 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

The airport is at omagwa. Or did u build another one at rumuokoro over night?

Carry on and post whatever u like. I was born in PH so I know trash when I see one
I was surprised to see obio akpor LGA, no local government is as developed as PHALGA in rivers state.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
legislatively:
I was surprised to see obio akpor LGA, no local government is as developed as PHALGA in rivers state.

Don't mind him the OP. He just drew his analysis from pics he saw in a blog somewhere.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Josegun(m): 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
Bros, Obi/Akpor in rivers is no no no.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Oxtonguy: 3:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

Don't mind him the OP. He just drew his analysis from pics he saw in a blog somewhere.
Probably from this popular blog, Even me like the Op thought ibo akpor is the richest local government area in Nigeria, I never knew it's a trash some of these websites can be so confusing. Tell me more about Obio akpo cheesy

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Oxtonguy:
Probably from this popular blog, Even me like the Op thought ibo akpor is the richest local government area in Nigeria, I never knew it's a trash some of these websites can be so confusing. Tell me more about Obio akpo cheesy

Dude there's a difference between richest and most developed. Obia Kpor is very rich (Huge IGR) because it's home to nearly all the companies in PH, and also because of it's oil wealth.

If wealth is the same as development why is VI/Lekki topping that list? It's a shame u don't even understand the screenshot u attached.

Lame!

Wonder how some of you even passed Jamb

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Oxtonguy: 4:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
It
Fifthcolumnist:

Dude there's a difference between richest and most developed. Obia Kpor is very rich [b](Huge IGR [/b]because it's home to nearly all the companies in PH, and also because of it's oil wealth.

If wealth is the same as development why is VI/Lekki topping that list? It's a shame u don't even understand the screenshot u attached.

Lame!

Wonder how some of you even passed Jamb
Is this how you define wealth huge IGR moniker grin
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Oxtonguy: 4:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
legislatively:
stop talking rubbish, I stay in port Harcourt. Obio akpor is like the outskirt of port Harcourt with virtually no infrastructural development, as of the airport, the airport is not in obio akpor local government but in ikwerre local government.

The new stadium is also in ikwerre local government while the second stadium is in port Harcourt local government, are you sure you travel at all?

Please get your facts right.
So Obio akpor is a rural area meanwhile it occupy more than half landmass of PH, PH is a rural city then. grin Wikipedia is a big lie too grin

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
Oxtonguy:
It Is this how you define wealth huge IGR moniker grin

A huge internally generated revenue is a wealth marker. If dem send u to torment me this afternoon turn left enter toilet
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by napoleon77(m): 4:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:

Did you really write that Obio Akpor is more developed than Port Harcourt?

If you remove Uniport which is in Choba, what else do you have in Obio Akpor??

You were wrong about the refineries. Wrong about the airport in Lagos being the busiest in Africa. And very wrong to claim to Obio Akpor is more developed than PH.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Oxtonguy: 4:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

A huge internally generated revenue is a wealth marker. If dem send u to torment me this afternoon turn left enter toilet
So then South west is far richer than south south the oil producer and the whole of Nigeria as you imply, my genius grin grin grin with high mental magnitude cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by legislatively: 4:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
Oxtonguy:
So Obio akpor is a rural area meanwhile it occupy more than half landmass of PH, PH is a rural city then. grin Wikipedia is a big lie too grin
obio akpor is rich but not developed, stop using excerpts from google, come to obio akpor yourself
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by legislatively: 4:34pm On Mar 15, 2017
Oxtonguy:
obio akpor has manufacturing industries, its in no way an oil producing local government.
Its just like saying isolo is more developed than surulere becuae isolo has more manufacturing industries and generates more IGR.

Port Harcourt LGA is the happening place in rivers state, nothing is in obio akpo aside manufacturing industries

Now look at this way, because otta has more industries and generates more IGR than Abeokuta, does it mean otta is the most developed place in Ogun state?

Think well

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by napoleon77(m): 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2017
As soon as I saw Lalasticlala as one of the viewers, I knew this post would make front page.........even though it has lots of inaccuracies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar's Son Test Positive For Coronavirus / Okorocha Opens His Mouth As Swazi Women Dance Topless At Calabar Carnival / Nasir El-Rufai Tests Positive For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.