Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion (112004 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Most Developing States In Nigeria - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Naughtytboy: 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedised:
from 10 most developed state, to cities/villages and now local government. The next will be most developed communities followed by most developed compounds
na only mouth u get,, appreciate his efforts

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by napoleon77(m): 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
5.Obio-Akpor- The economic power center of the Niger delta region located in River state with two major Nigeria refinery located in it, the petroleum industry refinery and oilshores refinery Numerous private oil investment companies has their business firms here shells and oilshores are notable examples. Obio-Akpor is logically the financial pulse of Nigeria as it refines most of the oil exploited in Nigeria.

What do you mean by Petroleum industry refinery and oilshores refinery?
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by martineverest(m): 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2017
op,u got the top ten right but in an incorrect order
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by ednut1(m): 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2017
pics of ibeju lekki u posted are not ibeju lekki na , be kaiful
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by NASTYNASOSO: 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
Sebastine1994:

anything you do them go talk
HMMMNN
BROS THIS IS A FORUM
ANYTHING YOU DO THEM GO TALK
NA SO E SUPPOSE BE
YOU CANT JUST POST POO AND EXPECT THAT ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE FORUM ARE OLODOS LIKE YOU.
WE WILL ALWAYS FLAG OLODOISM IN THIS FORUM, SO THAT WE DONT BECOME OLODOS
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by rozayx5(m): 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
love Uyo cool cool

love my state

shout out to the all the Ibomites in the building

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by hardbody: 4:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
Lagos and Nigeria fine for picture especially when taken at night. Carry your leg enter that broad street where you see for picture, body go tell you.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by olalekan1(m): 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
Unak78:
I think he's trying to say that there aren't 10 developed local areas or even one outside of Lagos. Debatable, however it bothers me that almost all current investment, including private investment, is directed towards Lagos when the country needs more regional economic hubs. Part of the reason that Lagos is overrun and overpopulated is this mentality. If more investment could be directed towards Aba, Port Harcourt, Kaduna, Maiduguri, Jos, Ibadan etc you would see more growth across the country and fewer people running to one single city. Some of this is out of anyone's hands since you cannot force private investors to go where they don't see a return on investment. But you can invest government funds in different regions in order to make those regions more attractive so that the private sector can finish the job. Look at what China did by with their regional economic zones. It could be said that there were only three economic hubs in that country twenty years ago and two of them weren't even technically part of China. Now Hong Kong will have to soon fight just to remain among China's top ten investment destinations. I like the project in Eko Atlantic, for example, but a similar project elsewhere would help Nigeria more.

At any rate, I'm glad that the OP is proud of his state, but how about wishing for the country's growth, the uplifting of a nation that can be an example for all of Africa. It would not only aid Nigeria, but ease the congestion in Lagos as well.
The solution to it is True Fiscal Federalism

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Sanchez01: 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
Unak78:
I think he's trying to say that there aren't 10 developed local areas or even one outside of Lagos. Debatable, however it bothers me that almost all current investment, including private investment, is directed towards Lagos when the country needs more regional economic hubs. Part of the reason that Lagos is overrun and overpopulated is this mentality. If more investment could be directed towards Aba, Port Harcourt, Kaduna, Maiduguri, Jos, Ibadan etc you would see more growth across the country and fewer people running to one single city. Some of this is out of anyone's hands since you cannot force private investors to go where they don't see a return on investment. But you can invest government funds in different regions in order to make those regions more attractive so that the private sector can finish the job. Look at what China did by with their regional economic zones. It could be said that there were only three economic hubs in that country twenty years ago and two of them weren't even technically part of China. Now Hong Kong will have to soon fight just to remain among China's top ten investment destinations. I like the project in Eko Atlantic, for example, but a similar project elsewhere would help Nigeria more.

At any rate, I'm glad that the OP is proud of his state, but how about wishing for the country's growth, the uplifting of a nation that can be an example for all of Africa. It would not only aid Nigeria, but ease the congestion in Lagos as well.
I wouldn't blame investors though. If I was one, I'd run to Lagos where it happens before thinking of spreading my tentacles to other parts. I don't agree with you on Maiduguri though. No sane investor would want to plant his money in an area where unrest rules the day.

Then again, blame the governors of some of these states. There are certain things investors would want to consider before choosing a place. Most states have horrible road networks. Of all states that I've been to, Enugu's is second to none. Osun, Abia, Delta, among other states have bad roads which an investor would consider a huge turn off. Why? Because the governors of the states delight in engaging in frivolities rather than develop what matters the most.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by martineverest(m): 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

Dude there's a difference between richest and most developed. Obia Kpor is very rich (Huge IGR) because it's home to nearly all the companies in PH, and also because of it's oil wealth.

If wealth is the same as development why is VI/Lekki topping that list? It's a shame u don't even understand the screenshot u attached.

Lame!

Wonder how some of you even passed Jamb
from ur ascertions and op ascertion,i can see that u two are wrong......ikeja is by far the richhest region in nigeria.tho,its not the most developed,but its the most industrial region in nigeria....the GDP of eti osa is twice lesser than ikeja GDP
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Btruth: 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
Josiah1150:
guy why? undecided
why what?
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Yehman(m): 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Josiah1150:
guy why? undecided
Common! Forget am, just give me a glass of water

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by robosky02(m): 4:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
wow....
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by samijay8(m): 4:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
Afonja haters are here Sentimental mood activated

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by mmsen: 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
Unak78:

Where did you get the impression that the OP is saying that there are not 10 developed LGAs outside of Lagos when Abuja, Bonny Island, Calabar municipality and Uyo municipality are all on the list?

And for the record they are all far more habitable than anywhere in Lagos besides Lekki.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by distilledwalex(m): 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
Henrydone:
If you can't give a superior reason, why the list is crap. Why not halt the trash and learn from the Sincere OP grin grinundecided
You dey mind this one.. You shd know people like him na.. They attempt any good thing yet they castigate anyone who dares to..
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by nengibo: 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
Henrydone:
Can't even sight any eastern local government area undecided Na wa ooo. The only thing is red mud grin grin grin
I was about to say this, but i cant think of any one that can make top 10
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Jogs1900: 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
[quote author=NASTYNASOSO post=54608680]Let's see your own list then
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Bofoy4(m): 4:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Uyo should have taken 6th or 7th position not 10th. Obio okor is not as develop as uyo
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Sanchez01: 4:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
hardbody:
Lagos and Nigeria fine for picture especially when taken at night. Carry your leg enter that broad street where you see for picture, body go tell you.
Ambode's light up Lagos project is magical cheesy

Daytime in these areas are not as not good as they appear in the pictures though. I just wish every Nigerian governor could sit up and get to work like Amobde, rather than feed the media with a flyover bridge as achievement.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
I can smell tribalism
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Codes151(m): 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:
HMMMM
CRAP POO WRITE UP
I SOMETIMES WONDER WHY PEOPLE CHOOSE TO MAGNIFY THEIR OLODO ACUMEN ONLINE.
THIS WRITE UP JUSTIFIES THAT THE WRITER HAS NO BROAD KNOWLEDGE OF NIGERIA AT ALL.
collecting political screen shots to conclude! That uyo picture na picture of one thing the govt managed to do!!! So now they mean that's what uyo generally looks like!!! That guy go fail research well well

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Ononachi(m): 5:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
Henrydone:
Can't even sight any eastern local government area undecided Na wa ooo. The only thing is red mud grin grin grin

None from the North too...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Bigframe: 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:
HMMMM
CRAP POO WRITE UP
I SOMETIMES WONDER WHY PEOPLE CHOOSE TO MAGNIFY THEIR OLODO ACUMEN ONLINE.
THIS WRITE UP JUSTIFIES THAT THE WRITER HAS NO BROAD KNOWLEDGE OF NIGERIA AT ALL.

Bros talk your own and stop this nonsense you saying. Do you have any info in your head
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
martineverest:
from ur ascertions and op ascertion,i can see that u two are wrong......ikeja is by far the richhest region in nigeria.tho,its not the most developed,but its the most industrial region in nigeria....the GDP of eti osa is twice lesser than ikeja GDP
Are u sure? I thought Agbara is the most industrialized region.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by PaulSteve: 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
Unak78:
Problem is insecurity in most of those places you mentioned. Nigeria is an investment hub-sure,but not all of its regions are investor-friendly!

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by martineverest(m): 5:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
Statsocial:

Are u sure? I thought it was Agbara.
most of the products u consume are manufactured in ikeja.....ikeja GDP might be be higher than any other states

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Sweetguy25: 5:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
Ikeja is more developed than ObioAkpor, Warri is more developed than Bonny. In fact, your list is trash

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
what about northern Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar's Son Test Positive For Coronavirus / Okorocha Opens His Mouth As Swazi Women Dance Topless At Calabar Carnival / Nasir El-Rufai Tests Positive For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.