Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu (39698 Views)

"DSS Can Now Detain Suspects For 45 Days" - Abuja High Court / Whether Anybody Likes It Or Not, We’ll Continue To Fight Corruption- MAGU / DSS Report That Got Magu Rejected Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by Chiefobdk1: 7:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
Yes oo. I support you die. No body can stop you. No child of the devil can stop you. Go on to more victories. The enemies shall gnash their teeth in darkness and despair
While you fight corruption from home
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by gudnex22(m): 7:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
How much have you recovered you no fit talk and you wan fight corruption.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by godwinelijah(m): 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Let's wait and see the next move PMB would make concerning this Magu matter. It seems even PMB himself is tired of this Magu case. He is just not the lucky one.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by GavelSlam: 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Buhari should look for a figure head while Magu would be the de facto.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by brojoshua: 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Yes the houses of corruption do not want to appoint nor have hand in the appointment of corruption fighting man so they have been doing everything to stop it. They were even happy a little when the boss was not around but now they are in trouble
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by dammyagboola(m): 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nice to hear that from Mr Magu. Do your part whether they like it or not. Nigeria shall be great again. History will tell.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by Nathan2016: 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
LOOK AT THIS ONE...NA YOUR PERSONAL OFFICE

BIG HEAD MAGU
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by dammyagboola(m): 8:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
We support the confirmation of Mr Magu. Our senate are corrupt that is why they don't want Magu. IN MAGU WILL BELIEVE.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by Aseneshii: 8:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
But seriously am disappointed in Buhari, why can't he call Daura to order ? I don't think Buhari is in support of Magu. The only person that support Magu is VP Osibanjo, that's why presidency only forward Magu name to NASS when VP is acting. God save this country, I don't know how Dss Boss become this powerful, no thanks to nepotism.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by shineeye1: 8:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
The Senate are against Magu purportedly because of human right abuses. That accusation is a façade which the discerning can see through. The retention of Magu on the scene potends grave danger to a house whose cupboards are full of skeletons.

From what I see, Buhari's campaign against corruption has shifted to lip service having lost its needed biting teeth
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by tete7000(m): 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
Buharimustgo:
This is my problem with Buhari's appointees, they feel they are above the law and the constitution of Nigeria

Don't mind the mumu fighting corruption with corruption. People merely obsessed with power disguising themselves as champions of anticorruption war. In a sane climate, the man will simply honourably bow out. He is rather boasting that DSS and Senate cannot stop his corruption fight. You have been indicted man!, leave and let someone else in. It is shamelessness that keeps you hanging and fighting the system that doesn't want you.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by Bashirum94(m): 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
Buharimustgo:
This is my problem with Buhari's appointees, they feel they are above the law and the constitution of Nigeria

does fighting corruption means feeling above the law?
the beneficiaries of corruption can still make mouth in this forum?
may God have mercy on you!!
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by CioAngels(f): 8:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
ijustdey:

Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Ibrahim Magu, has vowed to continue the fight against corruption, stressing that neither the rejection of his nomination by the Senate nor the report by the Department of State Security (DSS) that he is ‘unfit’ to head the anti-graft agency can stop him.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/neither-senate-nor-dss-can-stop-my-fight-against-corruption-magu/189335.html

By His grace, they wont stop you. All the serial stealing Senators and others are afraid of magu. Magu must be efcc Chief, whether saraki and Co thiefs likes it or not.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by tete7000(m): 8:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
GavelSlam:
Buhari should look for a figure head while Magu would be the de facto.

And that will be another corrupt act you don't know? What is special about Magu? Suppose he drops dead today, corruption war will stop? You people should stop deitifying this man and stop deluding him. There are more than 140m people in this country. Let Buhari look for another one and drop the controversy called Magu. Its the only way forward.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by GavelSlam: 8:40pm On Mar 15, 2017
tete7000:

And that will be another corrupt act you don't know? What is special about Magu? Suppose he drops dead today, corruption war will stop? You people should stop deitifying this man and stop deluding him. There are more than 140m people in this country. Let Buhari look for another one and drop the controversy called Magu. Its the only way forward.
How is it corruption?

He cannot be dismissed from EFCC.

The Senate has no such power.

Therefore, he can deputise while carrying out the acts of an executive.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by ogunsj: 8:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:
If you are truly an honorable man you should be typing your resignation letter after being rejected by the State security dept and the Senate for the 2nd time but instead you are here boasting about how you intend to keep operating as an illegal govt official which on its own is a form of corruption
my guy nothing illegal about his continue stay in office in acting capacity even if his not confirmed. all depends on the president. if Buhari insist in having him there it will be a matter of renewing his acting capacity position every 6months which is constitutional.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by tete7000(m): 8:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
GavelSlam:

How is it corruption?

He cannot be dismissed from EFCC.

The Senate has no such power.

Therefore, he can deputise while carrying out the acts of an executive.

So if I put you as an head and ask another to control you from behind, you don't know what I have done amount to deception? It doesnt occur to you that it is a matter of time that conflict of interest will arise and fight ensue between the one controlling and one being controlled? In Nigeria, people's definition often baffles me. My brother corruption is not just about stealing, corruption is perversion of social order. An head is not suppose to be subjugated to another, once you do that you have turn the system upside down and chaos,anarchy are what result from such conduct. Magu is not indispensable. Even Buhari was out of this country for 51days and we are better for it. Its only God we can't do without. Let Magu go and sleep.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by SalamRushdie: 8:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
ogunsj:
my guy nothing illegal about his continue stay in office in acting capacity even if his not confirmed. all depends on the president. if Buhari insist in having him there it will be a matter of renewing his acting capacity position every 6months which is constitutional.

Read what you wrote again and look if it makes any sense ..If the he could keep acting in an acting capacity legally why did he even bother going to the Senate..The truth is that he will keep acting illegally just because our laws don't work in this country

1 Like

Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by shineeye1: 8:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
MKO Abiola once pursued a campaign for Reparation, hinged on our past colonial masters returning what they took from Africa, including paying for damages on African during the evil era of colonialism. He must have calculated that the gains of a possible reparation was bound to give Africa a breakthrough.

But I know that the Nigerian masses have a greater case for reparation here at home with greater attraction and gains.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by shineeye1: 8:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
If the Nigerian masses pursue a war of reparation of their lost common patrimony from their thieving leaders over the decades, the gains therefrom would launch Nigeria into glory with a focused administration.

EFCC must be repositioned to recover the enormous wealth of this nation stolen over the years by leadership of betrayal. It they succeed at that, we would not even need the crude oil for more than a decade!
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by freeze001(f): 8:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
Plaintainboy:

Lol...thank God for animosity...you for die well. Stupid herdsman!

You mean anonymity...
Animosity has a totally different meaning and doesn't apply here at all.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by Walelavender(m): 8:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
The present political class will continue to frustrate the fight against corruption. The skeletons in their cupboards are massive. This nation will never get out of the woods with these people in government. We will keep on spiralling in a cycle.

Tell me a strict legislation by any of the two chambers against corruption since the advent of democracy and I will show you a Legislator that will pass an integrity test. These people are not out to make the difference.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by Adiola(f): 8:54pm On Mar 15, 2017
OlaMiki:
Flat head IPOD 2 located , Senseless syndrome
Islamic imp what's up with your idiocy

1 Like

Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by GavelSlam: 8:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
tete7000:

So if I put you as an head and ask another to control you from behind, you don't know what I have done amount to deception? It doesnt occur to you that it is a matter of time that conflict of interest will arise and fight ensue between the one controlling and one being controlled? In Nigeria, people's definition often baffles me. My brother corruption is not just about stealing, corruption is perversion of social order. An head is not suppose to be subjugated to another, once you do that you have turn the system upside down and chaos,anarchy are what result from such conduct. Magu is not indispensable. Even Buhari was out of this country for 51days and we are better for it. Its only God we can't do without. Let Magu go and sleep.

Don't hate the player man, hate the game.?

I see, Magu must not control any investigation and prosecution from the stables of EFCC.

A puppet would be preferred?

Hope this suggestion would be taken by the presidency.

Cunny man die Cunny man bury am.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by freeze001(f): 8:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
distilledwalex:

Wow so many educated illiterate on NL... well thats if youre educated in the first place.. What happened to the privilege to work in Acting Chairman capacity. . Why are you guus displaying how maldjusted you are infront of millions NLanders. Its better to keep mute and be tot a fuul than to speak and remove all doubt..

His appointment is subject to the confirmation of the Senate. The moment the Senate rejects his appointment by refusing to confirm him as is the case, he loses the power to remain in that office. The refusal of the Senate to confirm him means that the appointment has lapsed as he has been found unfit to occupy that office. The power of the Senate to confirm an appointment is what transmits an acting appointee to substantive or removes that appointee totally.

If he is able to remain in acting capacity after the Senate has rejected his appointment then that rubbishes the principle of checks and balances between the arms of government. There wouldn't be any need for Senate confirmation in the first instance and it must be noted that the Senate must not accept all appointments, it is not designed to rubber-stamp all appointments n decisions of the Executive.It's just like ministerial nominations and appointments, if d Senate doesn't confirm a nominee, he/she cannot act as Minister no matter how much d President loves such a person.

1 Like

Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by Caseless: 8:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
Buharimustgo:
do you even know the constitution? Did you read the post at all? Too many illiterates on this forum.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by Caseless: 8:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
Jokerman:
Lol... as Acting chairman, aren't your powers limited??
You can be sifted away anytime...

U have fallen into Buhari game trap because of eye service... ode
haba..you can put your head to better use.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by shineeye1: 9:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
It is so very easy to detect the unabashed paid agents of corruption on this thread! What shall it profit you to overfeed your belly and betray posterity?
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by tete7000(m): 9:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
GavelSlam:

Don't hate the player man, hate the game.?

I see, Magu must not control any investigation and prosecution from the stables of EFCC.

A puppet would be preferred?

Hope this suggestion would be taken by the presidency.

Cunny man die Cunny man bury am.

So to play game with the destiny of a nation is ok to you? Have you asked yourself why Magu's was not forwarded for confirmation once he was nominated? Why so much time lapse? Why did Magu himself not play it cool knowing he will at one time appear before Senate for confirmation? My people will say 'Bi owo eni o ti ba eku ida, eeyan o ki bere iku to pa baba e' - meaning ' When one's hand hasn't touched the handle of a sword, one doesn't begin to ask who killed his father'. Both the presidency and Magu don't behave like they are smart and should blame themselves for these mess. Magu should be withdrawn for a smarter person. It only smartness that can fight Nigeria's corruption not gragra.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by Hafeezson(m): 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
I believe this man is not corrupt that was the reason why senate disqualify him.... All what they want is some 1 that will chop and let them chop too

1 Like

Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by GavelSlam: 9:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
tete7000:

So to play game with the destiny of a nation is ok to you? Have you asked yourself why Magu's was not forwarded for confirmation once he was nominated? Why so much time lapse? Why did Magu himself not play it cool knowing he will at one time appear before Senate for confirmation? My people will say 'Bi owo eni o ti ba eku ida, eeyan o ki bere iku to pa baba e' - meaning ' When one's hand hasn't touched the handle of a sword, one doesn't begin to ask who killed his father'. Both the presidency and Magu don't behave like they are smart and should blame themselves for these mess. Magu should be withdrawn for a smarter person. It only smartness that can fight Nigeria's corruption not gragra.

But we have found a solution to the debacle now.

Deputy chairman Magu.
Re: Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu by jossy4joseph(m): 9:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
I see this man going to jail soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zik Mausoleum Onitsha Where First Nigerian President Was Buried (Video) / Buhari’s Ministerial List: Pastor Tunde Bakare Reacts / Benin Republic Has Not Released Igboho - Lawyer, Sowore Speak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.