Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table (18720 Views)

Buhari, Osinbajo, Tinubu At The Book Launch By State House Media (Photos) / Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. / Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by myplaydiary: 9:52am On Mar 18, 2017
Samtob90:

You despise truth
mumu but you couldn't point out one lie in my post and is it not funny some from Lagos Ibadan media is talking about lies. Do you want me to provide more picture evidence or colonial documents to prove to you.

Well let's stay on topic what do you have to say about the Yoruba epic fail. grin

4 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by totit: 9:56am On Mar 18, 2017
Ritchiee:
As much as I believe there is a big problem with our education,I do not subscribe to using WAEC as a basis to determine educational potency I am coming

grin

My brother na so we see am o.
Infact, I don't see why a sane person would use WAEC as a yardstick to measure nigeria education system/stats. And beside, in recent NECO figures Ekiti came first.
I just tayaa for this people.
Have told them they can enjoy their chest beating but they should do so and leave afonja out of it.

Must they drag afonja into these ni?
I Taya o
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by myplaydiary: 9:56am On Mar 18, 2017
Yoruba's are all over the media posting Epic response from the efcc handle when the children back home in their slum villages and towns are having epic fails in waec grin

5 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by myplaydiary: 10:01am On Mar 18, 2017
totit:

grin

Infact, I don't see why a sane person would use WAEC as a yardstick to measure nigeria education system/stats. And beside, in recent NECO figures Ekiti came first.
Have told them they can enjoy their chest beating but they should do so and leave afonja out of it.

I Taya o
heya I can see the both of you sucking your deeks to douse the pain. Una neva chi chum chin. grin

6 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by totit: 10:09am On Mar 18, 2017
myplaydiary:
heya I can see the both of you sucking your deeks to douse the pain. Una neva chi chum chin. grin

You this spammer again, with loud mouth but with nothing often,to show for it.

The joke is on you.
I hope you don't look for my trouble again. You know how I roll grin

If you don't have nothing in you akpu head to measure me or argue constructively abeg swerve small grin

The National Examination Council NECO on Friday released the results of the Senior School Certificate Examination it conducted in and outside the country between June and July this year, with Ekiti State having the best performance with 96.48 percent followed by Edo State came second with 96.31 percent.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/ekiti-waec-records-fallout-fayemis-education-policy-apc/
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Philistine(m): 10:24am On Mar 18, 2017
Where are all the 'bright'igbo students that have been dominating waec for the past 15yrs? I expect them to be dominant in all fields of endeavour in the country from medicine,law,engineering,banking etc. But they are nowhere to be found today,that is just a prove that the results were not achieved through merit but miracle centres. We all know the truth. Wake me up when igbos start dominating fields like IT, banking Law etc we all know the tribe that dominates those field in the country at present.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Nwogeh: 10:32am On Mar 18, 2017
Philistine:
Who takes this shit serious, we all know they achieved it through miracle centres. Waec has since lost his credibility. Why are SE states not doing very well in cowbell maths competition, ican exams etc it is simply because they cannot cheat in these exams!!

I take exception to this, miracle centers are everywhere in Nigeria and in fact it started in the west.....its worst in Lagos and Edo presently, as for cowbell whatever, any part can win it and its not a determinant of general academic performance because its for outstanding brain ( individualism) in maths only.....not in other subjects.
Then Come to almighty ICAN and other professional bodies, Yoruba's dominate because of foundation and orientation, otherwise if you compare percentage that pass with percentage that sit for it, Yoruba will come last, if out of 100 yorubas, 10 passed and out of 20 other tribes, 5 passed, don't you know that Yoruba performer comparably bad.

The truth is that Yoruba is on past glory and presently loosing it due to the less educational commitment of their present leaders compared to that of Awolowo that gave them the initial fame foundation.

I wish they will take the rating serious and improve instead of attacking the messenger

1 Like

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Philistine(m): 10:34am On Mar 18, 2017
[quote author=Nwogeh post=54703156]

I take exception to this, miracle centers are everywhere in Nigeria and in fact it started in the west.....its worst in Lagos and Edo presently, as for cowbell whatever, any part can win it and its not a determinant of general academic performance because its for outstanding brain ( individualism) in maths only.....not in other subjects.
Then Come to almighty ICAN and other professional bodies, Yoruba's dominate because of foundation and orientation, otherwise if you compare percentage that pass with percentage that sit for it, Yoruba will come last, if out of 100 yorubas, 10 passed and out of 20 other tribes, 5 passed, don't you know that Yoruba performer comparably bad.

The truth is that Yoruba is on past glory and presently loosing it due to the less educational commitment of their present leaders compared to that of Awolowo that gave them the initial fame foundation.

I wish they will take the rating serious and improve instead of attacking the messenger[/quote
C
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Philistine(m): 10:36am On Mar 18, 2017
Nwogeh:

I wish they will take the rating serious and improve instead of attacking the messenger
So, Cowbell maths competition and Ican is not a determinant for general academic performance but waec exams is a determinant? Ask yourself why are these so called 'bright'igbos in waec not doing better than their colleagues in the best universities in the country: Unilag, Oau,UI, Covenant etc
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by totit: 10:37am On Mar 18, 2017
Nwogeh:

I take exception to this, [b]miracle centers are everywhere in Nigeria and in fact it started in the west.....[/b]its worst in Lagos and Edo presently, as for cowbell whatever, any part can win it and its not a determinant of general academic performance because its for outstanding brain ( individualism) in maths only.....not in other subjects.

I may not agree with him as well hence agree with you on that but, I disagree with the assumption that it started in the SW.
Mmba
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by totit: 10:41am On Mar 18, 2017
Nwogeh:

What prove do you have that they are indeed living in the past glory?? At the emboldened, please?
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Philistine(m): 10:43am On Mar 18, 2017
totit:

I may not agree with him as well hence agree with you on that but, I disagree with the assumption that it started in the SW.
Mmba
The level of exam malpractice in ss/se is far higher than other parts of the country, just like during elections, electoral malpractice is everywhere but very high in ss/se,hence the reason for those results. Do not be deceived!

1 Like

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by wristbangle: 10:45am On Mar 18, 2017
Philistine:
Where are all the 'bright'igbo students that have been dominating waec for the past 15yrs? I expect them to be dominant in all fields of endeavour in the country from medicine,law,engineering,banking etc. But they are nowhere to be found today,that is just a prove that the results were not achieved through merit but miracle centres. We all know the truth. Wake me up when igbos start dominating fields like IT, banking Law etc we all know the tribe that dominates those field in the country at present.

To be honest despite my earlier criticism of south west regressing in secondary education, SW still dominate strategy sectors like the ones u mentioned (IT, Law, Banking, E-commerce, Research and others ). Engineering is 50:50 across the nation. Still we need to wake up from our slumber bro. As for the cowbell mathematics competition and others, I noticed every year, SW often dominates the winning board but come to think of it too, the recent JET competitions are being won by the igbos.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Nwogeh: 10:48am On Mar 18, 2017
Philistine:
Who takes this shit serious, we all know they achieved it through miracle centres. Waec has since lost his credibility. Why are SE states not doing very well in cowbell maths competition, ican exams etc it is simply because they cannot cheat in these exams!!

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Philistine(m): 10:49am On Mar 18, 2017
I will take these results serious when igbos start to excel more than other tribes in the major universities in the country. Waec, Neco, Jamb is not a major determinant to how good a particular region is academically.
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by myplaydiary: 10:58am On Mar 18, 2017
totit:

You this spammer again, with loud mouth but with nothing often,to show for it.

The joke is on you.
I hope you don't look for my trouble again. You know how I roll grin

If you don't have nothing in you akpu head to measure me or argue constructively abeg swerve small grin

Heya you no get shame Igbo's don't write neco and gce that is for people who failed waec, why should Igbo's still write neco after passing waec and jamb in flying colors and coming out tops grin and fully gained admission in to the university when cone heads be queueing at the cyber cafe to check neco. grin Afonja haff dead on this thread nau.

Afonja cone head direct descendant of the devil himself (odudusha) don't worry I have a special thread that I am cooking up get your guns ready afonjas have already been buried on this thread except the shameless ones that keep coming back as zombies, so get your guns ready and meet me on the other thread baba eleron (meat seller butcher) grin who types with his cutlass in hand grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by totit: 11:00am On Mar 18, 2017
wristbangle:

To be honest despite my earlier criticism of south west regressing in secondary education, SW still dominate strategy sectors like the ones u mentioned (IT, Law, Banking, E-commerce, Research and others ). Engineering is 50:50 across the nation. Still we need to wake up from our slumber bro. As for the cowbell mathematics competition and others, I noticed every year, SW often dominates the winning board but come to think of it too, the recent JET competitions are being won by the igbos.

I totally disagree with the emboldened. I still can't figured out you came up with such stats or conclusion. Because when we talk about education you talk about quality and not quantity. You applied the wrong words by regarding/measuring a region educational figures base on the recent WAEC results.
Pray tell me, are you concluding that base on the recent WAEC figures it's right to sum the whole education system, I. E, colleges,polytechnic,higher institution etc and conclude SW isn't doing well, educationally??
That's wrong bro.
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by totit: 11:02am On Mar 18, 2017
myplaydiary:
Heya you no get shame Igbo's don't write neco and gce that is for people who failed waec, why should Igbo's still write neco after passing waec and jamb in flying colors and coming out tops grin and fully gained admission in to the university when cone heads be queueing at the cyber cafe to check neco. grin Afonja haff dead on this thread nau.

Afonja cone head direct descendant of the devil himself (odudusha) don't worry I have a special thread that I am cooking up get your guns ready afonjas have already been buried on this thread except the shameless ones that keep coming back as zombies, so get your guns ready and meet me on the other thread baba eleron (meat seller butcher) grin who types with his cutlass in hand grin

Please can you just use your brain for once?

Pray,tell me and show us the prove of the emboldened. undecided

Really? undecided
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by myplaydiary: 11:05am On Mar 18, 2017
Philistine:
I will take these results serious when igbos start to excel more than other tribes in the major universities in the country. Waec, Neco, Jamb is not a major determinant to how good a particular region is academically.
Direct descendant of odudusha the devil himself and father of all liars will you provide the links let's compare and stop lying like the devil your father. grin

4 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by myplaydiary: 11:13am On Mar 18, 2017
totit:

Please can you just use your brain for once?

Pray,tell me and show us the prove of the emboldened. undecided

Really? undecided
Direct descendant of odudusha the devil himself, like I said Igbo's don't write Neco, simple common sense will tell you that ode. Why write a national exam when you have passed a west African version that is recognized globally. Shey you dey mad ni abi you no get sense true true.

Afonja oya take grin

7 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by wristbangle: 11:17am On Mar 18, 2017
totit:

I totally disagree with the emboldened. I still can't figured out you came up with such stats or conclusion. Because when we talk about education you talk about quality and not quantity. You applied the wrong words by regarding/measuring a region educational figures base on the recent WAEC results.
Pray tell me, are you concluding that base on the recent WAEC figures it's right to sum the whole education system, I. E, colleges,polytechnic,higher institution etc and conclude SW isn't doing well, educationally??
That's wrong bro.

My argument was based at secondary school level (I should have made it clear earlier). Ofcourse in terms of post secondary school perhaps Higher institution level (University level) SW have the best learning centres. I mentioned earlier that SE candidates don't replicate their understanding form @ university level, which means something is wrong somewhere. Only UNN is struggling to go head to head with higher institutions in SW.
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by totit: 11:20am On Mar 18, 2017
myplaydiary:
Direct descendant of odudusha the devil himself, like I said Igbo's don't write Neco, simple common sense will tell you that ode. Why write a national exam when you have passed a west African version that is recognized globally. Shey you dey mad ni abi you no get sense true true.

Afonja oya take grin

Is that all you to offer with all the white stuffs inside your brain, insult and argue with base or any direction?

I guess that says a lot about nigeria education system.

Take a break with this troll business for once.

1 Like

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by totit: 11:22am On Mar 18, 2017
wristbangle:

My argument is based at secondary school level (I should have made it clear earlier). Ofcourse in terms of post secondary school perhaps Higher institution level (University level) SW have the best learning centres. I mentioned earlier that SE candidates don't replicate their understanding form @ university level, which means something is wrong somewhere. Only UNN is struggling to go head to head with higher institutions in SW.

I am glad an ibo fellow who engages their brains and argue base on common sense unlike the troll above exist here. Glad to know such fellow still exist on here.

1 Like

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by adexdon(m): 11:32am On Mar 18, 2017
yepa
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by GeneralAchuzia1: 11:47am On Mar 18, 2017
wristbangle:

. niggur. I have been seeing an unbiased new version of you lately. keep it up bro.
proudly Ipobian
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by GeneralAchuzia1: 11:49am On Mar 18, 2017
totit:

I am glad an ibo fellow who engages their brains and argue base on common sense unlike the troll above exist here. Glad to know such fellow still exist on here.
. the guy in quote is a repentant afonja e-militia. you can ask him if you doubt me.
thanks
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by totit: 11:58am On Mar 18, 2017
GeneralAchuzia1:
. the guy in quote is a repentant afonja e-militia. you can ask him if you doubt me.
thanks

OK, bro.
One love,from me.
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by FKO81(m): 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2017
Philistine:

The level of exam malpractice in ss/se is far higher than other parts of the country, just like during elections, electoral malpractice is everywhere but very high in ss/se,hence the reason for those results. Do not be deceived!
13, 2013
The 2012 Exam Ethics Report, by the Exam Ethics
Marshals International, has identified Bayelsa, Sokoto,
Ekiti and Imo, as the first, second, third and fourth
worst states with exam malpractice records.
Bayelsa State which was the worst state in the
country had an Exam Malpractice Index (EMI) of
44.99%; Sokoto State with EMI of 27.9 %; Ekiti State
EMI of 26.69%, and Imo State with EMI of 24%.
According to the report, there was a five percent rise
in examination malpractices in the country from the
Nigeria National Exam Ethics Index (EEI) being at 86
in 2011, to 82 in 2012.
According to the report, the EEI is calculated based on
the composite number of candidates, principals,
teachers, supervisors, invigilators and schools
sanctioned for malpractices by public examination
bodies for the period and geopolitical unit under
consideration.
“It is the measure of the number of candidates and
exam administrators that respected the rules and
regulations of examinations out of every 100 that
participated in such examinations. The inverse, Exam
Malpractice Index (EMI), is the measure of the
number of people sanctioned for malpractices, out of
every 100 that participated in the examination,” the
report said.
It named the North-east geopolitical zone as the
most ethics-friendly zone in 2012 with an EEI of 7.05%
. The North-central zone came second with and EEI of
84.09%, while South-west came third with EEI of
83.26. South-east, North-west and South-south
emerged fourth, fifth and sixth respectively.
Yobe State emerged the 2012 National Exam Ethics
Golden State with Exam Ethics Index of 89.57% while
the FCT ranked second with 89.21% to emerge the
2012 National Exam Ethics Silver state.
Bauchi State ranked third with Exam Ethics Index of
88.51% to emerge 2012 National Exam Ethics Bronze
state.
Forthe zonal Exam Ethics Golden States, it said FCT,
Yobe, Kano, Abia, Oyo and Edo States ranked number
one in Exam Ethics Index in their various zones to
emerge the leader in their respective geopolitical
zones.
The group regretted the fact that 18 out of every 100
people that participated in examinations in Nigeria
last year were indicted for malpractices, which it said
were a cause for serious concern, despite slight
improvement registered between 2011 and 2012.
The statistics also showed that Bayelsa State has the
highest number of de-recognised schools(13),
followed by Delta (12), Ondo (eight), Kaduna (seven),
Cross River (seven), Imo (seven), Plateau (six), Rivers
(six) Kogi (five) Lagos (five) Nasarawa (five), Sokoto
(four) and Anambra (four). No school was de-
recognised in Taraba, Ebonyi, Borno, Niger, Adamawa,
FCT and Yobe.
It indicated that South-south has the highest number
of de-registered schools (35.1 percent), followed by
South-west (19.3 per cent), North-central (15.7
percent), North-west (15 percent), South-east (13.2
percent), and North East (1.7 percent).
“Progress in the education sector is paralysed by the
iron grip of examination malpractice, which has
metamorphosed into virtually risk-free highly lucrative
organised criminal activity controlled by syndicates,
some of whose members are embedded in
ministries, institutions and examination bodies as
workers.
“Instead of being centres of excellence, some
educational institutions have become places where
youths are weaned on diets of fraud and dishonesty to
breed ready recruits for corruption. A good number of
principals, lecturers, teachers, supervisors, invigilators
and examination administrators entrusted with
responsibility to protect integrity of the examination
process are the very people that aid, abet and collude
to perpetrate malpractice for monetary and other
inducements,” the report said.

1 Like

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Ogene001: 12:17pm On Mar 18, 2017
wristbangle:
Congrats to the Ndigbo states for topping the latest WAEC exam (Btw I am a yoruba guy). Truth be told, Education has regress over the years in SW but I believe we will return to the top again.

But then we have been hearing of Ndigbo domination in WAEC result over the years, still wondering why their universities are still lagging behind in the ranking.
Lol, see reasoning oo. For example, FUTminna is building its permanent site with very good structures, when they are through, it may place the school in good ranking, but it is FG funds and the Gwari ethnic group who owns minna is still backward educationally. The way to judge is not by university ranking, but by state of origin of students graduating from different universities nationwide
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by FKO81(m): 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2017
It indicated that South-south has the highest number
of de-registered schools (35.1 percent), followed by
South-west (19.3 per cent), North-central (15.7
percent), North-west (15 percent), South-east (13.2
percent), and North East (1.7 percent)

Philistine
Visit exams ethics and marshal website body responsible for exams malpractice to cure your ignorance
From their report

6 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Ogene001: 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2017
wristbangle:

My argument was based at secondary school level (I should have made it clear earlier). Ofcourse in terms of post secondary school perhaps Higher institution level (University level) SW have the best learning centres. I mentioned earlier that SE candidates don't replicate their understanding form @ university level, which means something is wrong somewhere. Only UNN is struggling to go head to head with higher institutions in SW.
you are getting it wrong brother, UNN is not owned by igbos, neighter is OAU owned by yorubas, they re all federal universities, their ranking does not reflect the educational attainment of the ethnic groups where they are domiciled. it all about the politics of attracting funds from FG. The way to measure academic attainment is by the number of people graduating from the different ethnic groups from all the universities nationwide

4 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2017
totit:

grin

I Taya o

From highest number of professors to highest number of entrants into universities, igbos lead.

Plus, waec is even more reliable than Neco

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The World Is Watching Presidential Election Petition Tribunal - PDP Tells APC / Women Celebrate The "Defeat Of Boko Haram" In Abuja (Photos) / Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Edwin Clark (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.