Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table (18711 Views)

Buhari, Osinbajo, Tinubu At The Book Launch By State House Media (Photos) / Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. / Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by phillippiano(m): 1:36pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ogun State-born Oloruntoba Ogunfolaji leads the pack in this year’s West African
Examinations Council Academic Excellence Awards, CHARLES ABAH writes
Nineteen-year-old Oloruntoba Ogunfolaji has emerged the best scholar in the 2013
May/June West African Senior School Certificate Examination.
The leadership of the West African Examinations Council honoured the lad alongside
two females on Thursday in Minna, Niger State. The females are Ifeoluwapo Fasola
and Maureen Anyanwu, both of who are natives of Oyo and Imo states, respectively.
For posting outstanding results, the trio received the WAEC’s prestigious National
Distinction and Merit Awards. They scored A1 in all their subjects.
However, Ogunfolaji is considered the overall best candidate having scored a total
grade of 666.6525 in eight subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.
By the feat, the lad becomes the current holder of the esteemed award instituted by
the council in 1984 to encourage academic excellence.
Ogunfolaji, who attended the Sacred Heart Catholic College, Abeokuta, Ogun State
between 2007 and 2013, with examination number 4280232/098, also obtained A1 in
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science, Geography and Yoruba Language.
Born on October 26, 1995 to Mr./Mrs. SP Ogunfolaji, the award winner attended St.
Bernadette Nursery and Primary, Onikolobo, Abeokuta South Local Government Area,
Ogun State between 1998 and 2006.
The lad, whose feat has placed the Sacred Heart Catholic College on the WAEC
Excellence honours’ list, was the best pupil in his fifth and sixth grade in the school.
Following his success also, the college becomes the winner of the Omo N’oba Erediauwa
Coronation Trophy for producing the best male candidate in the May/June 2013
WASSCE.
Other laurels, awards and prizes in his kitty include the 2010 overall best in Junior
Secondary School Certificate Examination (obtaining nine As and four Cs), best in
JSSCE (NECO) in 2010 (10As and 2Cs), and the 2011 champion in African Gifted
Foundation Award in Mathematics.
Ogunfolaji, who represented the South West Zone in Uganda for the outstanding
achievement in African Gifted Foundation Mathematics contest in 2012, also
participated in the 2013 Robotics Academy competition.
He also clinched the third best position in the Shell Science Award in 2013 as well as
the best Yoruba Student Award in WASSCE. The Yoruba Education Resource Centre,
Lagos, organised the award.
The youngster is at present studying Medicine and Surgery at the nation’s premier
university, the University of Ibadan, Oyo State.
On the second position in the award is 17-year-old Ibadan, Oyo State-born Fasola. The
lass, who had her secondary education at the International School, University of
Ibadan, between 2007 and 2013, had a total score of 664.0075. Her WASSCE
registration number was 4310824/089.
She obtained A1 in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology,
Agricultural Science, French and the Yoruba Language.
Her success enabled her school to become the holder of the Omo N’oba Erediauwa
Coronation Trophy for producing the best female candidate in the May/June 2013
WASSCE.
Born on July 8, 1997, Fasola, who attended the Junior International School, Oluyole
Estate, Ibadan between 1998 and 2007, won many awards, including the Prof. Olufemi
Bamiro and Prof. Ayodele Falase Awards, which earned her scholarship throughout her
senior secondary school education.
Fasola, who represented the International School at various competitions, was its
second best graduating pupil in the 2006/2007 academic session.
Like Ogunfolaji, Fasola is currently studying Medicine and Surgery at UI.
On the WAEC’s National Distinction and Merit Awards third position is Miss Anyanwu,
who attended the Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja.
The Mbaise, Imo State-born lass with a cumulative score of 656.5480 also posted an
excellent result in all her eight subjects.
Anyanwu, who sat for the examination with registration number 4020617/017, obtained
A1 in English Language, Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry,
Biology, Agricultural Science and Geography.
Born on April 23, 1996 to Dr/Mrs. Emmanuel Anyanwu, the youngster who attended
the Montessori International School, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, between 1998 and
2006 is also no stranger to academic success.
The 18-year-old not only emerged the overall best in her primary school, she also
secured admission on merit to the LJC in 2007.
Anyanwu, who throughout her stay at LJC was on the honours and merit rolls for
academic accomplishments, scored 12 distinctions and one credit in the Junior
Secondary School Certificate Examination in 2010.
To be considered for the 30-year-old distinction award, a candidate must obtain
Grade 1 in at least seven subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, one of
Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and one subject from any of the three sub-categories
of core subjects.
In addition, the candidate must obtain a minimum of Grade 6 in at least one subject
from each of the core subject sub-categories.
Candidates are considered under the merit awards only if enough participants do not
qualify for the distinction awards. The eligibility criteria for the merit awards are the
same as those of distinction awards, except that a candidate must obtain a grade not
lower than 2 in English Language.
The results of candidates eligible for an award should have been obtained at the first
attempt and at the same sitting. The grades would also have been obtained without
any hint of impropriety.
The first National Distinction/Merit awards were presented in Abeokuta, Ogun State
in 1985 to the winners in the Nov/Dec. 1984 SC/GCE, with Abdulkadir Sarki-Abba, a
pupil of Government Science School, Dawakin-Tofa, Kano State receiving the
excellence award.
Since the first presentation, findings by our correspondent showed that pupils from
Queen’s College, Yaba, Lagos, have won the prestigious award 10 times. By this
accomplishment, the school has become the highest-winning institution as well as the
highest recipient of the Oba Erediauwa trophy for presenting the best female
candidates.
Suleja Academy, Suleja is the second highest-winning institution, picking the prize four
times in 1992, 1994, 1997 and 2009, while the International School, Ibadan, Oyo State
has won it three times in 1987, 2000 and 2004.
Meanwhile, Queen’s College, Yaba has also won the Council’s Augustus Oyediran prize
six times, while Loyola Jesuit College, Wuse, Abuja has won it five times in 2002, 2003,
2004, 2005 and 2008.
While the PHCN Staff Secondary School, Jebba, Niger State won the second position,
El-Amin International School, Minna took the third position
http://www.thingsnew.ng/2014/11/28/oloruntoba-ogunfolaji-emerges-best-wassce-pupil/

1 Like

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by wristbangle: 1:37pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ogene001:

The east has always been shortchanged in everything in Nigeria. journals, program, initiatives etc all need funds. These universities are owned by FG, Abuja politics decides where more funds go. Data of number of profs and PhD holders by state of origin can be a better assessment of educational attainment than university ranking since universities have both staff and students from all over the country. This is same flaw in using the industries in Ogun to claim to be more in control of industries when igbo own a significant number of industries over there and the industrialization was due to the west african gas pipeline laid during obasanjo era delivering cheap gas making industrialist to relocate there and has nothing to do with industrial prowess of Ogun people or yoruba people

Very flawed analysis bro. Your basic economics should tell you factors that favours industrialisation.

Can you proved how the east has been short changed in terms of Education funding? Looking forward to see the analysis.

Amarabae:
you people love to live on false media propaganda.. Shall I start posting Igbo youths who have bagged first class both in South West universities and Abroad universities in the last 6month?
What do u mean that UNN is struggling? If you go abroad, btw UNN and Unilag certificate, which one is more respected?
And for the records, Imo state have the highest number of professors in Nigeria followed by Ondo and Anambra.
Its there in NUC Achieve.

Look madam, there are several criteria I can use to pin point that UNILAG status can never be compared to UNN.

Apply for international jobs and see if UNN will appear on the list. Most multinational job career section under Nigeria Education, U will see universities such as UI, OAU, UNILAG, ABU, UNIBEN, Convenant University and few others. You hardly can see UNN except on rare cases let alone UNIZIK and co.

It's not about the number of professors but quality of the professors in terms of their research work, field journals, etc.

Perhaps our educational system is more attractive that is why we have influx of Easterners to Higher institutions in south west while you hardly see a yoruba looking for admission at your region. Can you ever compare UI certificate to UNN abi UNIZIK?

1 Like

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by myplaydiary: 1:40pm On Mar 18, 2017
totit:

I should check what?
Abeg I am done with you aba made joor.

Here is mine :

Still waiting abeg. I need a direct link to you so called stats abeg.
If you can't do so I am sorry to say you are lying.

Shikena
mumu Afonja so you now resort to posting Wikipedia link, Afonja e haff died grin

2 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by totit: 1:44pm On Mar 18, 2017
myplaydiary:
mumu Afonja so you now resort to posting Wikipedia link, Afonja e haff died grin

What's the use of carrying big head with some white substance, known as brain if a whole grown up man cant make use of it nor make his parents who spent their hard earned money to invest in his education?
This is beyond human comprehension known at lu..natic and psychologic imbalance.

Well, I doubt if you ever go to school, anyway as so far you have prove that indeed you lack the brain capacity to engage in intelligent discussion. lipsrsealed
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by myplaydiary: 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2017
totit:
[s][/s]

Of all the participants on this beautiful thread, so far you haven't contributed anything meaningful or of worthy of intelligent. grin
i am simply the Afonja head hunter on this thread, other Igbo provide the judgement and I take your poor miserable Afonja soul grin

We all can't be proving documented facts to you tongue

3 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by totit: 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2017
myplaydiary:
i am simply the Afonja head hunter on this thread, other Igbo provide the judgement and I take your poor miserable Afonja soul grin

We all can't be proving documented facts to you tongue

Stay there dey hunt while your mates are making use of their time,energy and brain judiciously undecided
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by wristbangle: 1:52pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ogene001:

Lol, see reasoning oo. For example, FUTminna is building its permanent site with very good structures, when they are through, it may place the school in good ranking, but it is FG funds and the Gwari ethnic group who owns minna is still backward educationally. The way to judge is not by university ranking, but by state of origin of students graduating from different universities nationwide

You can Google for basis to judge what makes a higher institution standard. cool
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by myplaydiary: 1:53pm On Mar 18, 2017
uduak2016:

I'm telling you my brother...their time is up. They will be disgraced at all fronts!
my brother no time to check time lets just keep disgracing this afonjas and exposing them for what the really are grin
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Ogene001: 1:55pm On Mar 18, 2017
totit:
I am here to provide facts and burst buddies.

Let's get it straight, no hard feelings.

this is the problem with your people, whenever there is Igbo vs yoruba comparison you turn it SE vs SW. Lagos alone have more Igbos than any other state in Nigeria including SE states

1 Like

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Ogene001: 1:58pm On Mar 18, 2017
wristbangle:

You can Google for basis to judge what makes a higher institution standard. cool
Google what?? In Nigeria, its all about who abuja decides to give more money from oil sales. The number of staff and students by state of origin in the universities nationwide is what will decide the most educated not university ranking. FG owns the universities not ethnic groups
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Amarabae(f): 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2017
wristbangle:

Look madam, there are several criteria I can use to pin point that UNILAG status can never make compared to UNN.

Apply for international jobs and see if UNN will appear on the list. Most multinational job career section under Nigeria Education, U will see universities such as UI, OAU, UNILAG, ABU, UNIBEN, Convenant University and few others. You hardly can see UNN except on rare cases let alone UNIZIK and co.

It's not about the number of professors but quality of the professors in terms of their research work, field journals, etc.

Perhaps our educational system is more attractive that is why we have influx of Easterners to Higher institutions in south west while you hardly see a yoruba looking for admission at your region. Can you ever compare UI certificate to UNN abi UNIZIK?
Another Media Propaganda trash.
UNN certificate is a respected certificate abroad. Nobody knows ur OAU, Covenant or whatever there.
One of My Brothers works in an Oil company in Norway and he got that job in May 2015 with UNN B.Engr. Certificate when he traveled there.
My Dad read Medicine at UNN, He used it to work in canada 4 years b4 returning to Nigeria.
Arunma Oteh world bank Treasurer is a UNN Graduate.
UNN Certificate is PRESTIGIOUS Anywhere in the world.
And 4 ur Nigeria multinational bla bla bla, they look 4 any federal university and I do see Unizik, UNN, Futo etc in their criteria.
Lastly, Some Igbos in SW Universities are there because they live in SW. Its a simple logic.

6 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by totit: 2:04pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ogene001:

this is the problem with your people, whenever there is Igbo vs yoruba comparison you turn it SE vs SW. Lagos alone have more Igbos than any other state in Nigeria including SE states

shocked at the emboldened, are you serious?

Well, No prove, bro. That was just your made up abeg.
And no, I disagree with you I was just an onlooker before you fellas ibo started cheatbeasting and talking down on my trible over some mere waec results.

Abeg stop pointing fingers undecided
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Ogene001: 2:09pm On Mar 18, 2017
wristbangle:

Very flawed analysis bro. Your basic economics should tell you factors that favours industrialisation.

Can you proved how the east has been short changed in terms of Education funding? Looking forward to see the analysis.

Look madam, there are several criteria I can use to pin point that UNILAG status can never be compared to UNN.

Lol, Igbos are taking spaces in universities in your area and you can not find space in universities in the East and you are manufacturing fables to deceive yourself?? is that no enough reason to tell you that igbos are overtaking you in education? Please tell me the multinational job currently recruiting let me see if UNN will not appear because i applied for many of them back then and UNN was comfortably displayed. Una level of ignorance is amazing

5 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by wristbangle: 2:14pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ogene001:

Lol, Igbos are taking spaces in universities in your area and you can not find space in universities in the East and you are manufacturing fables to deceive yourself?? is that no enough reason to tell you that igbos are overtaking you in education? Please tell me the multinational job currently recruiting let me see if UNN will not appear because i applied for many of them back then and UNN was comfortably displayed. Una level of ignorance is amazing

K
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Ogene001: 2:14pm On Mar 18, 2017
totit:

shocked at the emboldened, are you serious?

Well, No prove, bro. That was just your made up abeg.
And no, I disagree with you I was just an onlooker before you fellas ibo started cheatbeasting and talking down on my trible over some mere waec results.

Abeg stop pointing fingers undecided
The reason why Imo and Anambra will be higher than Lagos and indeed all SW states in Jamb registration is simple, it is based on state of origin. Unlike all the date you quoted
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by wristbangle: 2:15pm On Mar 18, 2017
Amarabae:
UNN certificate is a respected certificate abroad. Nobody knows ur OAU, Covenant or whatever there.
One of My Brothers works in an Oil company in Norway and he got that job in May 2015 with UNN B.Engr. Certificate when he traveled there.
My Dad read Medicine at UNN, He used it to work in canada 4 years b4 returning to Nigeria.
And 4 ur Nigeria multinational bla bla bla, they look 4 any federal university and I do see Unizik, UNN, Futo etc in their criteria.
Lastly, Some Igbos in SW Universities are there because they live in SW. Its a simple logic.

Ooo
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Amarabae(f): 2:17pm On Mar 18, 2017
wristbangle:

Ooo
do you have another false media propaganda to post? Let me squash it.

1 Like

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by totit: 2:18pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ogene001:

The reason why Imo and Anambra will be higher than Lagos and indeed all SW states in Jamb registration is simple, it is based on state of origin. Unlike all the date you quoted

Are you trying to twist my brain with your per min diversion or what?

Are you joking here or What? Anyway, I will pretend I understand your diversion and home-made stats until you prove otherwise angry
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by wristbangle: 2:23pm On Mar 18, 2017
Amarabae:
do you have another false media propaganda to post? Let me squash it.

Fools argue continuously and I am not one. Have a 9c weekend
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Amarabae(f): 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2017
wristbangle:

Fools argue continuously and I am not one. Have a 9c weekend
hahahahahahaha. Are u running away? NO. Stay, stand and post ur lies.

1 Like

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Ogene001: 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2017
totit:

Are you trying to twist my brain with your per min diversion or what?

Are you joking here or What? Anyway, I will pretend I understand your diversion and home-made stats until you prove otherwise angry
It sound like a joke to you because it is contrary to your prejudiced perceptions, if state of origin was not used you will be deceiving yourself with the usual SouthWest and passing it over as yoruba achievement. Imo has consistently topped Jamb application and always beat their any state occupying second by a wide margin, google is your friend
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by totit: 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ogene001:

It sound like a joke to you because it is contrary to your prejudiced perceptions, if state of origin was not used you will be deceiving yourself with the usual SouthWest and passing it over as yoruba achievement. Imo has consistently topped Jamb application and always beat their any state occupying second by a wide margin, google is your friend

Guy, all I ask for is facts and let's stop beating round bush.

I will be here to read that. If you have nothing, nor facts? Pls, kindly leave my mention.
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by iamhorny(m): 3:04pm On Mar 18, 2017
wristbangle:

My argument was based at secondary school level (I should have made it clear earlier). Ofcourse in terms of post secondary school perhaps Higher institution level (University level) SW have the best learning centres. I mentioned earlier that SE candidates don't replicate their understanding form @ university level, which means something is wrong somewhere. Only UNN is struggling to go head to head with higher institutions in SW.

having the highest number of university doesnt equate being the most/best educated.

America has some of the best universities in the world but Japanese and Chinese are better educated than Americans. both from the universities they have at home and their citizens that go to America to use their academic facilities...

By the way, the only university in the west is UI, the rest are wash. OAU is just structure, management and academic is zero, not to talk of the way they just promote lectures who dont know anything or even speak good English and have contracted their research work to outsiders. At the end they retire as professor or doctors with no contribution to national growth or the environment order than brag about that "I Am Professor This and That." not research work of note, no invention, nothing nothing. Just title.

Who them epp?

Let not even talk about Unilag.

3 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Ogene001: 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2017
totit:

I will be here to read that. If you have nothing, nor facts? Pls, kindly leave my mention.
you will cry and beg God to forgive your ignorance when i return to show you "facts". It is funny that you even want to argue this when it is common knowledge even among your yoruba brothers
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by totit: 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ogene001:

you will cry and beg God to forgive your ignorance when i return to show you "facts". It is funny that you even want to argue this when it is common knowledge even among your yoruba brothers

Quit the chestbeating and go ahead already.
I detest fellows who boast and pull off figures without facts. Mind you, I want direct link and facts to the assumed claimed of yours and stats base on nigeria education system.
While you at it stop romancing my mention for a while until you do. undecided

WTF
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Ritchiee: 3:21pm On Mar 18, 2017
I was a little busy.The main thing they talk about when talking about educational proficiency anytime is WAEC and one politically motivated unity schools' mark but home and abroad,the SW has consistently shown that they are still the most educated.Our governments in the SW had really slept off while the eastern states governors are doing everything to catch up with the Yorubas.The Igbos are not ashamed...where are those students that had been leading the WAEC as far back as several years(as they claim)ago?NO WHERE TO BE FOUND (unlike the Yoruba geniuses) because it was gotten through massive cheating that may have involved their leaders who really want to catch up with the Yorubas by fire by thunder.Tell them to bring proof of whatever claim they make and you will see them falling by the side. You have really decimated them with facts smiley
totit:

1 Like

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by iamhorny(m): 3:31pm On Mar 18, 2017
Amarabae:

dont mind the mumu. UNN with the most successful and influential alumna has produce the most and best brains Nigeria can boast of. let him name some of the ones in the SW and their achievements. on the diaspora you are right,when my cousin went to Canada hoping to further his education, he was surprised that he got a job with his UNN cert in a top management firm and that the recruiters knew UNN in Nigeria very well though he said most brilliant igbos in canada and US are usually from UNN so they know and respect UNN

as for schools in the east, Futo which is the best engineering school in Nigeria, University of Agriculture umudike and Unizik are other A-list universities in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Ritchiee: 3:37pm On Mar 18, 2017
iamhorny:

having the highest number of university doesnt equate being the most/best educated.

America has some of the best universities in the world but Japanese and Chinese are better educated than Americans. both from the universities they have at home and their citizens that go to America to use their academic facilities...

By the way, the only university in the west is UI, the rest are wash. OAU is just structure, management and academic is zero, not to talk of the way they just promote lectures who dont know anything or even speak good English and have contracted their research work to outsiders. At the end they retire as professor or doctors with no contribution to national growth or the environment order than brag about that "I Am Professor This and That." not research work of note, no invention, nothing nothing. Just title.

Who them epp?

Let not even talk about Unilag.

As we talk,because of the intelligence and deep thinking God had endowed the Yorubas with,they lead in almost anything education except a very few like the miracle centres inclined WAEC.Yorubas lead in technology,ICT,maths competition,science oriented endeavours.If you are even near the Yorubas academically,then you should know that you are required to argue with facts on this kind of thread not pulling figures or stats from your anuses.If you win with facts,then you are the real thing but I am afraid that Yorubas would still win as they have always mostly won.The very naked truth is our quality compared to the SE educationally is miles ahead.
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by iamhorny(m): 3:39pm On Mar 18, 2017
This is a list of notable faculty and alumni from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

1) Politics, Law and Government
* Brig-Gen. Nnamdi Okore-Affia, Former Director General, National Youth Service Corps(NYSC) (2011 - 2013)
* [[Lam Adesina]], pioneer class of 1963; Governor of Oyo State, Nigeria (1999–2003)
* [[Olisa Agbakoba]], class of 1977 (Law); Senior Advocate of Nigeria; founder of Nigeria's foremost human rights organization, the Civil Liberties Organisation (CLO) and former president of the Nigerian Bar Association (2006 - 2008)
* [[Gabriel O. Ajayi]], class of 1965 (Physics); Professor of Communications, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife; first Director General, National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), Abuja
* [[Dora Akunyili]], Federal Minister of Information and Communication, Nigeria (2008–2010) and Director-General, National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)(2001 – )
* [[E.C. Amucheazi]], former Director-General, National Orientation Agency
* [[Sullivan Chime]], Governor of Enugu State, Nigeria (2007 – date)
* [[Ike Ekweremadu]], Deputy Senate President, Nigeria
* [[Joy Emordi]], class of 1979; Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Anambra North Senatorial Zone, Anambra State) 2003 -
* [[Akpan Isemin]], Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria (1992–1993)
* [[Ousman Jammeh]], Gambian Foreign Minister (2009–2010)
* [[Gregory Ngaji]], class of 1977; Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Cross River North Senatorial constituency, Cross River) 2003 -
* [[Chris Ngige]], Governor of Anambra State, Nigeria (2003–2007) and Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Anambra State, Anambra Central Senatorial District), 2011 – date
* [[Chimaroke Nnamani]], Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Enugu East Senatorial District, Enugu State) and Governor of Enugu State (1999–2007)
* [[Peter Obi]], Governor of Anambra State, Nigeria (2006 – date)
* [[Peter Odili]], Governor of Rivers State, Nigeria (1999–2007)
* [[Osita Ogbu]], Former Economic Adviser to the President and Minister of National Planning Commission of Nigeria
* [[Kanayo KGB Oguakwa]], class of 1987, Member, House of Representatives, Federal Republic of Nigeria(Aninri/Awgu/Oji River Federal Constituency, Enugu State) 2003 -
* [[Fabian Osuji]], former Federal Minister of Education
* [[Oserheimen Osunbor]], Governor of Edo State, Nigeria (2007–2008) and Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Edo State, Edo Central Senatorial District), 1999–2007
* [[Niki Tobi]], first person to earn a PhD in Law from University of Nigeria (1983); Associate Justice, Supreme Court of Nigeria (2002–2010)
* [[G.T.G. Toby]], pioneer class of 1963 and former Deputy Governor, Rivers State, Nigeria
* [[Patrick Utomi]], Presidential candidate for the African Democratic Congress (ADC) in the Nigerian April 2007 elections and former Director of the Center for Applied Economics, Lagos Business School, Pan African University

2) Banking and Business
* [[Michael Ade-Ojo]], class of 1965 (Business Administration); founder of Elizade Nigeria Limited, major distributors of Toyota Motors in Nigeria
* [[Assisi Asobie]], Chairman of the Nigeria Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative (NEITI) and former President, Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) Nigeria
* [[Cathy Echeozo]], Deputy Managing Director, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
* [[Godwin Emefiele]], Group Managing Director/CEO, Zenith Bank Plc, Nigeria
* [[O'tega Emerhor]], class of 1983 (Accountancy); Vice Chairman/Group CEO, Standard Alliance Insurance Plc
* [[Obiageli Ezekwesili]], Vice President (Africa Region), World Bank and Federal Minister of Education (2006–2007) and Solid Minerals Development (2005–2006), Nigeria
* [[Chima Ibeneche]], former Managing Director, Nigeria LNG Limited and former, Managing Director of Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCO)
* [[Gerald Ilukwe]], Managing Director/CEO, Galaxy Backbone Plc and former, General Manager of Microsoft Nigeria
* [[Emmanuel C. Iwuanyanwu]], Businessman
* [[Tunde Lemo]], Deputy Governor (Operations), Central Bank of Nigeria and former Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Wema Bank Plc, Nigeria
* [[Okey Nwuke]], Executive Director, Institutional Banking, Access Bank Plc, Nigeria
* [[Emeka Onwuka]], Chairman, Enterprise Bank and former Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Diamond Bank Plc, Nigeria
* [[Arunma Oteh]], Director-General, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Nigeria and Vice-President for Corporate Services, African Development Bank Group (AfDB) (2006–2009)
* [[Charles Chukwuma Soludo]], Governor Central Bank of Nigeria (2004–2009)
* [[Herbert Wigwe]], Group Deputy Managing Director and Co-founder, Access Bank Plc, Nigeria
* [[Cyril N Enweze]], Director IMF -Fmr, Vice President ADB-Fmr, Vice President IFAD, Rome - Fmr

3) Science, Technology, Engineering and Medicine
* [[Chukwuma Anyanwu]], Pharmacist, Epidemiologist and Zoologist
* [[Charles Chidume]], Professor of Mathematics, President, African University of Science and Technology (AUST), Abuja, Nigeria and Mathematician, International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy
* [[Okwesilieze Nwodo]], Governor of Enugu State, Nigeria (1992 – 1993)
* [[Pius N. Okeke]], Professor of Physics and first person to earn a PhD in Physics (1975) from the University of Nigeria

4) Academia
* [[Ola-Rotimi Matthew Ajayi]], pioneer Vice Chancellor, Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara State (2011 - ); Professor of Political Science
* [[Abhulimen Richard Anao]], Vice Chancellor, University of Benin, Nigeria (1999–2004)
* [[Christian C. Anieke]], pioneer Vice Chancellor, Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu (2009 - ); Professor of English and Catholic Priest
* [[Boniface C.E. Egboka]], Vice Chancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State (June 2009 - ); Professor of Environmental Hydrogeology
* [[James Epoke]], Vice Chancellor, University of Calabar (2010 - ); Professor of Microbiology
* [[Chibuzo Ogbuagu]], Vice Chancellor, Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State; Professor of Economics
* [[Ogwo Ekeoma Ogwo]], pioneer Vice Chancellor, Renaissance University, Ugbawka, Enugu State (2006 - 2011) and former, Vice Chancellor, Abia State University (2000 - 2005); Professor of Marketing
* [[Austin Ilochi Okafor]],(SAN), former Vice Chancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka;Former Attorney General in the old Anambra state; Profesor of Law.
* [[Jacob K. Olupona]], Professor of African Religious Traditions and Chair of the Committee on African studies at the Harvard Divinity School with a joint appointment as Professor of African and African American Studies in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Harvard University
* [[J.O. Onah]], former Vice Chancellor, Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Nigeria; Professor of Marketing
* [[Celestine O. E. Onwuliri]], former Vice-Chancellor, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State (2006 - 2011) and acting Vice Chancellor, University of Jos; Professor of Zoology.

5) Alumni
*[[Chidi Obi]], Scientist, California, USA
*[[Lam Adesina]], Governor of [[Oyo State]], Nigeria (1999–2003)
*[[Obong Akpan Isemin|Akpan Isemin]], Governor of [[Akwa Ibom]] State, Nigeria (1992–1993)
*[[Dora Akunyili]], Federal Minister of Information and Communication, Nigeria (2008–2010) and Director-General, [[National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control]] (NAFDAC)(2001 – )
* Esther Ebigbo, Resonance gospel music group singer and first class graduate of Philosophy, University of Nigeria Enugu campus.
*[[Sullivan Chime]], Governor of [[Enugu]] State, Nigeria (2007 – date)
*[[Glory Chuku]], former [[Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria|MBGN]]
*[[Ike Ekweremadu]], Deputy Senate President, Nigeria
*[[Joy Emodi]], Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Anambra North Senatorial Zone, Anambra State) 2003 -
*[[Obiageli Ezekwesili]], Vice President (Africa Region), [[World Bank]] and Federal Minister of Education (2006–2007) and Solid Minerals Development (2005–2006), Nigeria
*[[Waje|Aituaje Iruobe]] (WAJE), singer and songwriter
*[[Ousman Jammeh]], Gambian Foreign Minister (2009–2010)
*[[Marcia Kure]], artist
*[[Gregory Ngaji]], Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Cross River North Senatorial constituency, Cross River) 2003 - 2011
*[[Chris Ngige]], Governor of [[Anambra]] State, Nigeria (2003–2007) and Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Anambra State, Anambra Central Senatorial District), 2011 – date
*[[Chimaroke Nnamani]], Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Enugu East Senatorial District, Enugu State) and Governor of Enugu State (1999–2007)
*[[Okwesilieze Nwodo]], Governor of [[Enugu]] State, Nigeria (1992 – 1993)
*[[Nwabueze Nwokolo]], lawyer and chair of BSN: Black Solicitors Network, UK
*[[Jide Obi]], former singer
*[[Peter Obi]], Governor of [[Anambra]] State, Nigeria (2006 – date)
*[[Peter Odili]], Governor of [[Rivers State]], Nigeria (1999–2007)
*[[Olu Oguibe]], Professor of Art and African-American Studies and interim Director of the Institute for African American Studies at the [[University of Connecticut, Storrs]]
*[[Bianca Odumegwu-Ojukwu]], Special Assistant on Diaspora Affairs, Nigeria; [[Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria|MBGN]] 1988, Miss Intercontinental 1989
*[[Chris Okotie]], Televangelist and pastor of the Household of God Church International Ministries
*[[Jacob K. Olupona]], Professor of African Religious Traditions and Chair of the Committee on African studies at the [[Harvard Divinity School]] with a joint appointment as Professor of African and African American Studies in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at [[Harvard University]]
*[[Zack Orji]], actor
*[[Fabian Osuji]], former Federal Minister of Education
*[[Oserheimen Osunbor]], Governor of [[Edo]] State, Nigeria (2007–2008) and Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Edo State, Edo Central Senatorial District), 1999–2007
*[[Arunma Oteh]], Director-General, [[Securities and Exchange Commission (Nigeria)|Securities and Exchange Commission]] (SEC), Nigeria and Vice-President for Corporate Services, [[African Development Bank Group]] (AfDB) (2006–2009)
*[[Charles Chukwuma Soludo]], Governor [[Central Bank of Nigeria]] (2004–2009)
*[[Niki Tobi]], [[Associate Justice]], [[Supreme Court of Nigeria]] (2002–2010)
*[[Obiora Udechukwu]], head, Fine Arts Department, [[St. Lawrence University]], New York
*[[Patrick Utomi]], Presidential candidate for the African Democratic Congress (ADC) in the Nigerian April 2007 elections and former Director of the Center for Applied Economics, [[Lagos Business School]], Pan African University
*[[Uzo]], New York based film director and producer

6) Faculty (Past and Present)
* [[Chinua Achebe]], Emeritus Professor of English, 1985
* [[Adiele Afigbo]], renowned Professor of History (1966–1992)
* [[Samuel A. Aluko]], professor of Economics and Chairman of the National Economic Intelligence Committee (NEIC)
* [[El Anatsui]], Africa's most famous artist and Professor of Sculpture
* [[Alexander Animalu]], Emeritus Professor of Physics and former Research Scientist, Lincoln Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States of America; former President, Nigerian Academy of Science and Director-General, National Mathematical Centre, Abuja
* [[Prof. Peter Onyekwere Ebigbo]], father of Esther Ebigbo, Professor of Clinical Psychology, College of Medicine University of Nigeria Enugu Campus. Department of Psychological Medicine, Former Deputy Vice Chancellor, University of Nigeria Enugu Campus (2005 - 2007), Foundation Director, Directorate for Research and Publication College of Medicine, University of Nigeria, Enugu (1998 - 2005), Formerly Deputy Provost, College of Medicine (1992-1998), Former Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences and Technology (1989-1991), Former Chairman, University of Nigeria Secondary School Board of Governors, Former Head Department of Psychological Medicine College of Medicine
* [[Anya O. Anya]], Professor of Zoology and former, President, Nigerian Academy of Science
* [[Eme Awa]], Professor of Political Science and Chairman, National Electoral Commission of Nigeria (NECON), 1987 – 1989
* [[Michael J.C. Echeruo]], pioneer Vice-Chancellor, Imo State University (1981 - 1988); Professor of English
* [[James O.C. Ezeilo]], Professor of Mathematics, former Vice-Chancellor, University of Nigeria and Bayero University Kano; pioneer Director-General, National Mathematical Center, Abuja; one of a trio of mathematicians (with [[Chike Obi]] and [[Adegoke Olubummo]]) who pioneered modern mathematics research in Nigeria
* [[Babs Fafunwa]], Emeritus Professor of Education; First Dean of the Faculty of Education and Acting Vice-Chancellor, University of Nigeria (1964 - 1966); Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife and the first Nigerian recipient of a doctoral degree in education; former Federal Minister of Education
* [[Gaius Igboeli]], Professor of Animal Science, Vice-Chancellor, Paul University; former Vice-Chancellor, Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State and former, Pro-Chancellor, Enugu State University of Science and Technology
* [[O.C. Iloeje]], Professor of Mechanical Engineering; former Commissioner (Research and Development), Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), Abuja; former Director, Energy Planning and Analysis, Energy Commission of Nigeria (ECN), Abuja
* [[Eni Njoku]], Professor of Botanist; First Vice-Chancellor, University of Lagos, 1962 – 1965 and Vice-Chancellor, University of Nigeria, 1966 – 1967
* [[Augustine N. Njoku-Obi]], Professor of Virology; Developer of Cholera vaccine during the Nigerian-Biafran War
* [[Ben O. Nwabueze]], Professor of Law
* [[Michael A. Nwachuku]], renowned Professor of Electronic Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri; First Dean, Faculty of Engineering and First Head, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Nigeria
* [[Osita D.I. Nwokah]], Professor of Control Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, United States and former Chairman of the School of Mechanical Engineering, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas, United States of America
* [[Thomas C. Nwodo]], Professor of Electrical Engineering, former Acting Vice-Chancellor, Enugu State University of Science and Technology (1998), co-founder and first President, Internet Society (ISOC), Nigeria Chapter; visiting Professor, Federal University of Technology, Owerri
* [[Chukuedu Nwokolo]], Emeritus Professor of Medicine, first Head, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine and co-founder, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu
* [[Humphrey Nwosu]], Professor of Political Science and Chairman, National Electoral Commission of Nigeria (NECON), 1989 – 1993
* [[Ikenna Nzimiro]], Distinguished Social Anthropologist
* [[Chuka O.G. Obah]], former Vice-Chancellor, Federal University of Technology, Owerri
* [[Chukuka Okonjo]], Professor of Economics and first Nigerian Head of Economics Department; former Director, United Nations Regional Institute for Population Studies, University of Ghana; former Director, Centre for Population Studies, University of Ibadan
* [[Samuel Okoye]], renowned Professor of Astrophysics
* [[Gilbert O. Onuaguluchi]], Professor of Pharmacology and former Vice-Chancellor, University of Jos (1975–1978)
* [[Cyril A. Onwumechili]], Professor of Physics and former Vice-Chancellor, University of Ife and Anambra State University of Technology; first indigenous Head, Department of Physics, University of Nigeria
* [[Bernard Maruwa Amalaha]], Department of education,(1966-1974), former Dean school of education, Alvan Ikoku college of education (1974-1979)
*[[Samuel Ejikeme Okoye|Samuel Okoye]], Professor of Astrophysics
*[[Peter Uchenna Nwangwu]], Professor of pharmacology, toxicology and clinical pharmacy

2 Likes

Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by iamhorny(m): 3:41pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ritchiee:
As we talk,because of the intelligence and deep thinking God had endowed the Yorubas with,they lead in almost anything education except a very few like the miracle centres inclined WAEC.Yorubas lead in technology,ICT,maths competition,science oriented endeavours.If you are even near the Yorubas academically,then you should know that you are required to argue with facts on this kind of thread not pulling figures or stats from your anuses.If you win with facts,then you are the real thing but I am afraid that Yorubas would still win as they have always mostly won.The very naked truth is our quality compared to the SE educationally is miles ahead.

you are a clown. keep on deceiving yourself, the joke is on you.
Re: WAEC RESULTS 2016 State-by-state League Table by Ritchiee: 3:44pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ogene001:

I am sorry but you sounded really dumb.Just ask yourself why we have lots of Nigerians in foreign universities while their citizens are hard to find in our universities.This is the reason Yorubas have always won most arguments between them and the Igbos,they use great intelligence,facts and even diplomacy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' / Kidnappings: Are Praying For You - Pastor Adeboye To Gov. El-Rufai / PDP Crisis: Wike Has Crossed Red Line, We’re Coming At Him – Atiku’s Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.