Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline (7368 Views)

Tompolo: Militants Blows Up Another 3 Major Chevron Pipeline(Photo/Video) / Babatunde Fashola Resumes Work As A Minister See Photos / Mend Breaks Cease Fire Rule And Attacks Shell/chevron Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by bisiaet: 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2009
If this is true then it is a sad news and as I said before I dont still understand what this bombing really stand for because bombing and destruction is no way the way either anybody belief it or not Yar adua has allocated to that region what they asked for so why cant these guys just wait to see what happen or have patient for a moment? To be honest I disagree with these guys somehow if this last bombing were to be true it is absolutely uncalled for I mean no need for this now. As per anybody hailing them it is an error our society is so complex and so adamant that someone think this kind of thing will be lasting solution I doubt it in absolute. Fighting, bombing, war or civil war will never give birth to a good memory if the whole issue turn to full confrontation it will be too bad and too brutal "MEND" can't and cannot hold Nigeria into ransom if they can not wait and address the allocation given to their region and join hands with government to utilise the allocation then they can go to HELL! I just hate with passion when someone tends to commit crime in the name of fighting for right, I hate with passion anybody that want to bring Nigeria down because this is my country I have no other place to go so Mr MEND or whatever take it easy and do the right thing or once more go to hell!
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Dec 20, 2009
Digriz:

The masses will feel the heat nt d so called political elites as someone mentioned earlier.

Thank you ooo!!!
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2009
Deep Sight:

Kobo: are you telling me you cannot grasp the simple analogy? In South Africa's case it was said that sanctions would harm the common man and not the elite who liek you said "have one foot out of the country". . . just as you are arguing that destroying the Goose that lays the golden egg in Nigeria (Oil) . . ."would harm the common man and not the politicians".

Your argument is a silly piece that has been used to protect all sorts of despots from sanctions and from serious debilitating action which would cripple their power. . .

Yeah. . .stand back and do nothing because the masses will suffer. . .

The masses always have to suffer to bring in change!

So MEND is placing a SANCTION on the federal government  by BOMBING industry within the same environments, and destroying the very source of income for the local governments and communities  they claim to defend?

LOL ,So what happened to all the attention that was given it and the contracts it has signed so far with the federal government? MORE Blowing up is needed

Sanctions are penalties or other means of enforcement used to provide incentives for obedience with the law, or with rules and regulations.[1] Criminal sanctions can take the form of serious punishment, such as capital punishment, prison time, or severe fines. Within the civil law context, sanctions are usually monetary fines, levied against a party to a lawsuit or his/her attorney, for violating rules of procedure, or for abusing the judicial process. The most severe sanction in a civil lawsuit is the involuntary dismissal, with prejudice, of a complaining party's cause of action, or of the responding party's answer. This has the effect of deciding the entire action against the sanctioned party without recourse, except to the degree that an appeal or trial de novo may be allowed because of reversible error.

From Webster
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Sanction

1 : a formal decree; especially : an ecclesiastical decree
2 a obsolete : a solemn agreement : OATH b : something that makes an oath binding
3 : the detriment, loss of reward, or coercive intervention annexed to a violation of a law as a means of enforcing the law
4 a : a consideration, principle, or influence (as of conscience) that impels to moral action or determines moral judgment b : a mechanism of social control for enforcing a society's standards c : explicit or official approval, permission, or ratification : APPROBATION
5 : an economic or military coercive measure adopted usually by several nations in concert for forcing a nation violating international law to desist or yield to adjudication

You folks are unbelievable!!
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by FBS: 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2009
This is never going to end, no?
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by slap1(m): 8:47pm On Dec 20, 2009
@ aasog. U r welcome.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by slap1(m): 8:47pm On Dec 20, 2009
@ aasog. U r welcome.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by slap1(m): 8:48pm On Dec 20, 2009
@ aasog. U r welcome.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by slap1(m): 9:01pm On Dec 20, 2009
Those boys av made a fool of umaru & his goons. Good 4 dem, since criminality is now a catalyst 4 getin federal attention. . .
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by slimes(m): 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2009
sjeezy8:

I miss OBJ man really that guy would have wasted the whole of MEND.

and do you think wasting them is the cure.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2009
slap1:

Those boys av made a fool of umaru & his goons. Good 4 dem, since criminality is now a catalyst 4 getin federal attention. . .
Pathetic state we have created!
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by bigfoot79(m): 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2009
If this news is true then , methinks those boys need christmas bonus, that is why they strike again
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by bodsibobo(m): 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2009
Was the government expecting otherwise? Do the government think that they (MEND) have become 'BORN AGAIN' after signing the ceasefire?

I laugh!!   cheesy cheesy cheesy

who no know go know!!! grin grin grin
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Beaf: 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2009
bodsibobo:

Was the government expecting otherwise? Do the government think that they (MEND) have become 'BORN AGAIN' after signing the ceasefire?

I laugh!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

MEND never signed a ceasefire, it has always been between various commanders and govt.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by gidson12(m): 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2009
i dont think these guys are really out for peace, they are already used to distruction, kidnappings and hostility; they enjoy the attention they attract to themself, they can never change even if there demands are met they would still remain what they[color=][/color][color=][/color][color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by sjeezy8: 10:13pm On Dec 20, 2009
slimes:

and do you think wasting them is the cure.

Its the cure for making money that is being lost by their militant actions.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by No2Atheism(m): 10:21pm On Dec 20, 2009
@topic

Edit: I want to change some insulting words that i used they were not appropriate grin grin grin

I also agree that this lastest attack smells like mere call for Christmas bonus . . .  grin grin grin grin

Lets face the facts . . . :

1. Africa was doomed the day Arabs and Europeans started emigrating and taking over African lands.

2. Ancient african states were united as a family unit based on blood and cultural relations other than by military reasons.

3. Europeans balkanised African cultures and nations to form new useless countries consisting of people of varying cultures, thereby forcing together people of different and incompatible cultures that were even sometimes already at war with each other before the balkanisation of Africa.

4. Nigeria as a country would always have problems cus the cultures almalgamated by Europeans to form Nigeria were never united, infact Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis were at war prior to the British (check your history).

5. Nigeria was created for British interest and not for the interest of the people within Nigeria itself, hence it would remain as such so long as africans continue to tolerate the status quo.

6. Nigeria and any other country like it would know little peace or development until Africans decide to break up all the country boundaries and instead re-create new countries based on similar culture and ethinicity (e.g. Yorubas forming a country made up of regions from Nigeria, Benin,Togo and a few other West African states), Igbos joining with a few of their brethrens in Nigeria and Cameroun to form  a single country . . . and so on and so forth.

It is then you would realise that most of the current African leaders are being supported by the West cus the reality is that when a leader is not supported by the west then you start seeing a lot of irrational coups funded and orchestrated by the West against such a leader (Lumumba/Nkrumah and others come into mind).

7. Europeans know that there would always problem with Africa hence why they would always support maintaining the status quo, cus logic dictates that Europe cannot benefit from Africa if finds a way to get its acts together, Europe and Arabs can only benefit from Africa if Africa remains engulfed in constant strive (which would always be the case based on current dysfunctional balkanised regions of Africa known as countries).

8. Mend is a symptom of the fact that unwilling cultures have been forced together to form Nigeria. . .

9. Mend would always exist cause some people are making money from the establishment of Mend and also from the genuine discrimination against the Niger Delta people . . .whose Oil wealth is being used to develop most of Nigeria.

10. Shell/Chevron and others are parasites and have always been parasites who do not care about their host communities and hence would do anything (yes anything) to get at the oil . . . hence logic dictates that its the responsibility of the host community to ensure that those parasites are controlled and in some cases, driven out.

11. Those that have watched the Avatar Movie would notice that Nigeria and Venezuela were mentioned as places where US conducted wars why would they mention that in a movie that has to do with the future if not that its already starting to seep into the psyche of those in power that such wars might occur in future. . . that alone tells you that as far as the West is concerned, they do not mind killing Nigerians and Venezuelans so long as that gives them access to the oil . . .hence in as much as I do not support the violence being perpetrated by Mend at the same time, I support full autonomy and fiscaly federalism of each region of the country.

12. Are there criminals within Mend taking advantage of the situation - Absolutely Yes

13. Do I support the violent stance of Mend - Absolutely Not

14. The idea behind Mend i.e. self determination and self control of their own natural resource is important if each region is going to develop . . .cus lets not kid ourselves. . .Hausa/Fulani leave a little to be desired, islam has affected their reasoning and their own sedantic culture also does not help, hence they are seriously dragging the whole of Nigeria back in terms of development . . .

15. Development in nigeria can only occur if there is either full autonomy or mutual peaceful disintegration of the country . . . otherwise the reality is that Europeans and Arabs are benefitting from the current status of the country hence they would continue to do their best to support the status quo . . .
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 11:14pm On Dec 20, 2009
Where is 9ja heading to.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Obinoscopy(m): 11:35pm On Dec 20, 2009
OKEYCHIVIV:

Where is 9ja heading to.
the gutters
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Cleanman(m): 11:43pm On Dec 20, 2009
Hmm dis is disturbing, anyway no matter d odds, 9ja ll always survive!, pls no more argument,any post as 4rm nw on shud b a prayer 4 our b'love troubled country, only 4 d true Nigerians
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by vislabraye(m): 11:55pm On Dec 20, 2009
Will Militancy ever come to an end ?

Bomb all the militants,
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by honeric01(m): 12:08am On Dec 21, 2009
MEND think they are powerful? uhm, i pity the innocent people living around these creeks, by the time the military take over, we shall see how MEND go live 2 months.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by semid4lyfe(m): 12:14am On Dec 21, 2009
No2Atheism:

@topic

I also agree that this lastest attack smells like mere call for Christmas bonus . . .  grin grin grin grin

Lets face the facts . . . :

1. Africa was doomed the day Arabs and Europeans started emigrating and taking over African lands.
True

2. Ancient african states were united as a family unit based on blood and cultural relations other than by military reasons.
True

3. Europeans balkanised African cultures and nations to form new useless countries consisting of people of varying cultures, thereby forcing together people of different and incompatible cultures that were even sometimes already at war with each other before the balkanisation of Africa.
True

4. Nigeria as a country would always have problems cus the cultures almalgamated by Europeans to form Nigeria were never united, infact Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis were at war prior to the British (check your history).
Not sure - Gotta check my history like you said.

5. Nigeria was created for British interest and not for the interest of the people within Nigeria itself, hence it would remain as such so long as africans continue to tolerate the status quo.
True

6. Nigeria and any other country like it would know little peace or development until Africans decide to break up all the country boundaries and instead re-create new countries based on similar culture and ethinicity (e.g. Yorubas forming a country made up of regions from Nigeria, Benin,Togo and a few other West African states), Igbos joining with a few of their brethrens in Nigeria and Cameroun to form  a single country . . . and so on and so forth.
True

It is then you would realise that most of the current African leaders are being supported by the West cus the reality is that when a leader is not supported by the west then you start seeing a lot of irrational coups funded and orchestrated by the West against such a leader (Lumumba/Nkrumah and others come into mind).
True

7. Europeans know that there would always problem with Africa hence why they would always support maintaining the status quo, cus logic dictates that Europe cannot benefit from Africa if finds a way to get its acts together, Europe and Arabs can only benefit from Africa if Africa remains engulfed in constant strive (which would always be the case based on current dysfunctional balkanised regions of Africa known as countries).
True

8. Mend is a symptom of the fact that unwilling cultures have been forced together to form Nigeria. . .
True

9. Mend would always exist cause some people are making money from the establishment of Mend and also from the genuine discrimination against the Niger Delta people . . .whose Oil wealth is being used to develop most of Nigeria.

True

10. Shell/Chevron and others are parasites and have always been parasites who do not care about their host communities and hence would do anything (yes anything) to get at the oil . . . hence logic dictates that its the responsibility of the host community to ensure that those parasites are controlled and in some cases, driven out.
True

11. Those that have watched the Avatar Movie would notice that Nigeria and Venezuela were mentioned as places where US conducted wars why would they mention that in a movie that has to do with the future if not that its already starting to seep into the psyche of those in power that such wars might occur in future. . . that alone tells you that as far as the West is concerned, they do not mind killing Nigerians and Venezuelans so long as that gives them access to the oil . . .hence in as much as I do not support the violence being perpetrated by Mend at the same time, I support full autonomy and fiscaly federalism of each region of the country.
You and your endless conspiracy theories

12. Are there criminals within Mend taking advantage of the situation - [b]Absolutely Yes[/b]
True

13. Do I support the violent stance of Mend - Absolutely Not

14. The idea behind Mend i.e. self determination and self control of their own natural resource is important if each region is going to develop . . .cus lets not kid ourselves. . .Hausa/Fulani are hopeless, they have been brainwashed to the level of comatose via islam and their own sedantic culture, hence they are seriously dragging the whole of Nigeria back in terms of development . . .
True

15. Development in nigeria can only occur if there is either full autonomy or mutual peaceful disintegration of the country . . . otherwise the reality is that Europeans and Arabs are benefitting from the current status of the country hence they would continue to do their best to support the status quo . . .
True.

You try small - 11/15 grin
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Guylan(m): 12:47am On Dec 21, 2009
14. The idea behind Mend i.e. self determination and self control of their own natural resource is important if each region is going to develop . . .cus lets not kid ourselves. . .Hausa/Fulani are hopeless, they have been brainwashed to the level of comatose via islam and their own sedantic culture, hence they are seriously dragging the whole of Nigeria back in terms of development . . .

This guy understands the real problem in Nigeria. River Niger already divided Nigeria the way it should be. Period. grin grin
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by igboboy1(m): 12:49am On Dec 21, 2009
sjeezy8:

I miss OBJ man really that guy would have wasted the whole of MEND.

Na beans? America no fit wipe taliban then na OBJ wan come wipe my boys, Negro please

He can kill people but cant kill the dream cos the struggles continue
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Obinoscopy(m): 7:48am On Dec 21, 2009
Guys have you thought of the possibility of this attack being a hoax by desperate politicians (probably of the Southern Origin) to underscore the need for Yar Adua to relinquish power?
Afterall nobody knows who Jomo Gbomo is and anyone can claim that he is him/her. And our journalist have not showed us any pictures of the place alleged to be attacked
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by blackasia: 8:39am On Dec 21, 2009
WHY IS IT THAT THIS COUNTRY IMBECILLE LEADERS WITH THERE RETARD BRAINS THAT IS GOOD FOR MAD HOMES
THERE SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS ARE DOSAGE ENOUGH TO COMMIT SUICIDE, EXAMPLES
LIGHT PROBLEM = SOLUTION} REPLACE NEPA WITH NPHC
SPORTS = PUT PEOPLE WHO KNOWS ONLY HOW TO REAR COW AS THE CHAIRMAN, CAN U TRY THAT IN BRAZIL
UNEMPLOYMENT = SACK MORE PEOPLE THAT ARE WORKING
DIASPORAL = CALLL THEM CRIMINALS,419,ETC , POST A POLITICAL APPOINTEE NOT A DIPLOMAT
NIGER DELTA = CALL MEND AND TELL THEM U WILL GIVE THEM 1,OOO NAIRA FOR THERE GUNS, IF IT WERE ME I WILL TAKE IT AND SHOVEL IT UR MOUTH AND AS.S{ PARDON MY FRENCH}
ALL THE PEOPLE SUCKING THAT REGION DRY, THAT OIL MONEY WILL ALWAYS BRING ,BOMB,GUNS, TO THERE FAMILY. AMEN
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by SmashingM(f): 8:52am On Dec 21, 2009
Obinoscopy:

[b]Guys have you thought of the possibility of this attack being a hoax by desperate politicians (probably of the Southern Origin) to underscore the need for Yar Adua to relinquish power?[/b]Afterall nobody knows who Jomo Gbomo is and anyone can claim that he is him/her. And our journalist have not showed us any pictures of the place alleged to be attacked

Well said. But what stops our dear president from giving the reigns of power to his Vice till he's well enough to take it on?
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by udennaa: 10:38am On Dec 21, 2009
no tell me,y wont they?d amnesty is a total failure n the president of the nation who is suppose to see to the fulfillng his promises to them has been in saudi with no hope of coming back yet.nigerians should better brace up because this is a clear sign of worse things to come except by God's intervention n the right things done.gbam!
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by otokx(m): 10:57am On Dec 21, 2009
Where is Mr. President?
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Nnekababy: 11:10am On Dec 21, 2009
We reject coup in Nigeria if that is your prayer.

JTF; I wonder what they do, I watched an interview of their commander the other day, the man was looking so fresh and well relaxed. That shows the man is really working hard. cool Anyway JTF officers have gone on Xmas break and will be back when all the damages has be done and completed.

Please we don’t want to hear another, Fellow Nigerians.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Bongoman1: 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Igbo's Living In Spain Opens Biafra Embassy - Photos / FG Plans Five Million Solar-powered Households, 250,000 Jobs / Lowo Adebiyi: Aregbesola, Oyetola Yet To Reconcile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.