Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline (7356 Views)

Tompolo: Militants Blows Up Another 3 Major Chevron Pipeline(Photo/Video) / Babatunde Fashola Resumes Work As A Minister See Photos / Mend Breaks Cease Fire Rule And Attacks Shell/chevron Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2009
MEND breakes ceasefire rule, attacks Shell/Chevron pipeline

Dec 19, 2009 By Emma Amaize

WARRI – ABOUT 35 militants, belonging to the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger-Delta (MEND), armed with rocket launchers, heavy calibre machine guns and assault rifles attacked in the early hours of today, a major Shell/Chevron crude oil pipeline located in Abonema, Rivers state.
Spokesman of the militant group, Jomo Gbomo who confirmed the attack by the militants who carried out the operation in five boats said in online statement that it was a “warning strike” and that MEND would review the indefinite ceasefire it ordered on Sunday, October 25 within thirty days from December 19.

MEND remains open to dialogue, however the indefinite ceasefire ordered by the group on Sunday, October 25, 2009 will be reviewed within thirty days from today, December 19, 2009.

His words, “The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) can confirm that a warning strike carried out by five boats involving thirty five of its fighters armed with assault rifles, rocket launchers and heavy caliber machine guns was carried out at about 0200Hrs today, December 19, 2009 on a major Shell/Chevron crude pipeline in Abonemma, Rivers state of Nigeria”.

“This attack was carried out for the following reasons:

“While the Nigerian government has conveniently tied the advancement of talks on the demands of this group to a sick president, it has not tied the repair of pipelines, exploitation of oil and gas as well as the deployment and re-tooling of troops in the region to the presidents ill health.

“While wishing the President a speedy recovery, a situation where the future of the Niger Delta is tied to the health and well being of one man is unacceptable.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/19/mend-breakes-ceasefire-rule-attacks-shellchevron-pipeline/
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by edoyad(m): 3:33pm On Dec 19, 2009
Yeah i just watched the story on Aljazeera news. The Chief Negotiator is Saudi recovering and his friends have grown tired of waiting grin
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by chosen04(f): 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2009
Great xmas gift in the federal govt i guess!
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:45pm On Dec 19, 2009
Thought they surrendered their arms?

Whoever thought those 1st world war arms surrendered by MEND was the real thing must have been joking grin grin
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by vigasimple(m): 3:55pm On Dec 19, 2009
Thank God and goodness that it is only MEND, boys need christmas present. grin grin grin

Imagine if it was declaration of hostilities by another country, WHO IS NIGERIA COMMANDER IN CHIEF?

NIGERIA, A COMEDY FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO SEE.

The govt is granting 'amnesty' to people who have not been convicted criminals(assuming the govt think they are), on the promise of they will develop their region of the money they got from the resources of their region. It is now over 2 months since the end of 'ceasefire'.  I for one knew that it wouldn't last long and the so called 'militant' have still some deadly weapons in their control.

Something serious has happen to YAR A'LIAR, and his cronies are looking for way to empty the treasury before they can announce or hand over power to his Vice President.

If Nigerians will remain silent and incapable of doing anything, MEND and other freedom figthers will do. We may not like it BUT those are the only means to talk to all the ANIMALS IN GOVT IN ABUJA.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 19, 2009
Whoever think these s.T.Up.Id boys will repent must be fooling himself.A pig will always be a pig,no matter how you try to show care,it will always go back to the refuse dump.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:05pm On Dec 19, 2009
Where JTF na grin shocked grin shocked
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by ChapelleS: 4:08pm On Dec 19, 2009
I had the premoniton,I posted something about coup earlier. Brace up yourselves for the sound of some comic general saying: Fellow  Nigerians, ,
We are used to it. Military and Nigerian version of democracy is the same thing. We dey kampe

JTF is closing refineries.Thats their new job.

Where chairman dey to give orders? Hey I am Yar'Adua I will defile all odds and come back.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 19, 2009
Is'nt it the case that due to the power vacuum any orders given in response of MEND action will also be illegal.

The FEC and NASS don't know what they are doing.

If the President can't resign why can't they impeach him?
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by vigasimple(m): 4:10pm On Dec 19, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Whoever think these s.T.Up.Id boys will repent must be fooling himself.A pig will always be a pig,no matter how you try to show care,it will always go back to the refuse dump.

I agree with you totally, BUT also will our THIEVEING POLITICIANS change and stop looting our oil monies. Two wrongs does not make a right ,HOWEVER on this occassion, I couldn't care less if those CORRUPT POLTICIANS are bombed to the stone ages.

The govt have not use the oil revenue to benefits her people when the LEADER cannot build a good hospital  to at least treat his ailment in NIgeria, this not 1940 or 1950, I have absolute NO respect for such leaders.

MEND IS ONLY DOING  WHAT NIGERIANS CAN'T DO BECAUSE THEY HAVE ARMS LIKE THE GOVT.
By the way, the govt did not negotiate with MENd and co because they care about NIGERIANS, they did it because their LOOT is dwindling. PERIOD
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by ChapelleS: 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2009
Many seem not understand Nigeria. They ask questions as if they are foreigners. Nigeria is a country of choas and insanity. Since Yar'Adua did not hand over to Jonathan what happened. We are lucky we have good neigbhours.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by ChapelleS: 4:28pm On Dec 19, 2009
Bomb all the pipelines in Nigeria. Nigeria needs to grind to a halt before this people start thinking. If the salaries of politicians are not paid,they will understand better. The last target reached was 1.2million. We have to get down to say like 100,000 bpd;
I see America coming to perform some of their magic here as they are wont to. Nigeria has been creeping into their speech lately. They cannot also afford to park their cars. So they will need oil.

Oga Yar'Adua it is time to give orders. Recieve your healing. Oh no you are not a christian. You refuse to hand over to GoodLuck. Time for video conferencing has come.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by puskin: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2009
Yippie!!
The South creek boiz are back.
Jomo Gbomo, pls there's one major oil facility the boiz need 2bomb.
Contact me, Iv got the schematics.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Ibime(m): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2009
MEND should relax till Yar'Adull is out of hospital first.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by presido1: 6:07pm On Dec 19, 2009
Ibime:

MEND should relax till Yar'Adull is out of hospital first.
Are u sure this news won't send him to the world beyond very early.

What if this attack is an external aggression against Nigeria? Who will be our commander in Thief?
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Beaf: 6:13pm On Dec 19, 2009
presido1:

Are u sure this news won't send him to the world beyond very early.

What if this attack is an external aggression against Nigeria? Who will be our commander in Thief?

shocked
Damn!
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by psychu: 7:03pm On Dec 19, 2009
'the president can rule from anywhere' even from outer space.

we will soon be invaded from-ehm maybe Chad Republic
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by mansmith(m): 7:54am On Dec 20, 2009
selfishness will destroy this country?the money required to develop the Niger delta region will it be as much as the one that has been stolen by just two of our leaders?i go name names, but anyway let the Nigerian people stand up and fight their war because this is not just a case for mend it concerns everybody in this country.where can you call a developed area in this country?
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Kobojunkie: 8:02am On Dec 20, 2009
Chapelle.S:

Bomb all the pipelines in Nigeria. Nigeria needs to grind to a halt before this people start thinking. [b]If the salaries of politicians are not paid,they will understand better. The last target reached was 1.2million. We have to get down to say like 100,000 bpd;[/b]I see America coming to perform some of their magic here as they are wont to. Nigeria has been creeping into their speech lately. They cannot also afford to park their cars. So they will need oil.

Oga Yar'Adua it is time to give orders. Recieve your healing. Oh no you are not a christian. You refuse to hand over to GoodLuck. Time for video conferencing has come.

You really don't get it, do you? If activities in Nigeria where to grind to a halt today, the people who would suffer it the most would be the average man and woman on the street. Yar adua is in Saudi Arabia, Goodluck has access to money himself. These politicians, from day one, already had one foot out of the country and owe you nothing. Infact, I bet you that many already have escape plans should things become more chaotic than it has in the past and you think bombing all the refineries will harm them? Talk about getting your facts warped!
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by suxes2005(m): 5:58pm On Dec 20, 2009
Who are those behind dis mend of a thing sef?

SHALOM
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by emisun(m): 6:14pm On Dec 20, 2009
yeah,i saw this early yesterday on press tv and i was really happy.even though the immediate effect of bombing oil pipe line might be felt by the average nigerian negatively,the sensitization it would bring with it in and outside nigeria on the kind life our so called leaders live would certainly bring about the change we long for.ONCE AGAIN BRAVO MEND
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Obinoscopy(m): 6:18pm On Dec 20, 2009
OMO WAHALA DEY, WAHALA DEY . . . . .This should be our new national anthem!
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by SapeleGuy: 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2009
Kobojunkie:

You really don't get it, do you? If activities in Nigeria where to grind to a halt today, the people who would suffer it the most would be the average man and woman on the street.
A similar bogus argument was used as justification for not imposing sanctions against the apartheid regime in South Africa.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Dec 20, 2009
SapeleGuy:

A similar bogus argument was used as justification for not imposing sanctions against the apartheid regime in South Africa.

What exactly is the connection between what I have above and what you have here?
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by oblo(m): 6:49pm On Dec 20, 2009
See me see wahala eeeeeee , Wahala day oooooooo oooo oooo wahala day!!!
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by DeepSight(m): 6:56pm On Dec 20, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Kobojunkie:

What exactly is the connection between what I have above and what you have here?

Kobo: are you telling me you cannot grasp the simple analogy? In South Africa's case it was said that sanctions would harm the common man and not the elite who liek you said "have one foot out of the country". . . just as you are arguing that destroying the Goose that lays the golden egg in Nigeria (Oil) . . ."would harm the common man and not the politicians".

Your argument is a silly piece that has been used to protect all sorts of despots from sanctions and from serious debilitating action which would cripple their power. . .

Yeah. . .stand back and do nothing because the masses will suffer. . .

The masses always have to suffer to bring in change!
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by nduchucks: 6:57pm On Dec 20, 2009
In the maintime, the said hostilities and attacks never took place:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-369270.0.html
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Beaf: 7:04pm On Dec 20, 2009
@SapeleGuy and @Deep Sight

Una dey worry wit kobojunkie?
kobojunkie is at best, an arrogant white person who doesn't know jack, but is married to a Nigerian (hence presence on NL).
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Digriz(m): 7:08pm On Dec 20, 2009
The masses will feel the heat nt d so called political elites as someone mentioned earlier.
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Onlytruth(m): 7:08pm On Dec 20, 2009
Beaf:

@SapeleGuy and @Deep Sight

Una dey worry wit kobojunkie?
kobojunkie is at best, an arrogant [b]white person who doesn't know jack, but is married to a Nigerian (hence presence on NL).[/b]

Bro Beaf you sure so I've been arguing with the guy in another thread?
On a serious note are you sure or is it a joke, really?
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 20, 2009
I hate this site
Re: MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline by sjeezy8: 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2009
I miss OBJ man really that guy would have wasted the whole of MEND.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Will Now Know Who Tinubu Is / Ibori's Nephew Accuses Yorubas Of Tribalism / VIDEO: Lagos Airport 3D Render

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.