Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,280 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. (50085 Views)

Man Kills Python That Swallowed His Dog In Anambra. Photos / Igbo Trader Names His Dog 'Muhammad' In Kaduna, Fight Ensues / Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by friendl: 9:12am On Mar 19, 2017
Is painful seeing your dog dieing of old age ,it have happened to me,l don't blame the owner
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by iyke649(m): 9:17am On Mar 19, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]
MherihGold:
cryI just remembered my pet,a cat. It was a baby cat. I loved it... I love touching its soft body. Baby cat couldn't eat most of the food it was given because we didn't know the best food for baby cat. We never bothered to find out (I still blame myself for this). Baby cat died on the 25th of dec last year. I cried seriously...the bond we shared was broken... I remember it wanted to enter my room a night to the day my cat died but I didn't allow him in because he has his own room. I felt sad because I think I would have prevented his death if I had allowed him in my room. We just woke up the next morning and saww Baby cat half dead. It's was a sad day for me. embarassed
Ewwwwww. I feel like sueing you ryt now cry cry
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by Ishilove: 9:35am On Mar 19, 2017
UjSizzle:

He let his Caesar go because he didn't want him to suffer before death. Isn't that mercy, too?
Ruggedman isn't suffering, trust me. I believe it isn't in our place to kill our pets because they are old. Let nature run its course. Euthanasia should only be an option when the animal is suffering a debilitating sickness or injury causing it serious pain.
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by Esepayne(f): 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2017
you are heartless than the dog eater
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by wtfCode: 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
I can't do this to any pet.
Unless its seriously sick.
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by Olayinka4tyre(m): 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2017
we are the king of animals and God is our own king
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by MherihGold(f): 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2017
RichieDaVinci01:

He has his room See what this one is saying
Yes! Our store served the same purpose as the cat's room. You thought I wanted to say we had a special room for the cat? I wished it had such room but I'm the only one that loves keeping cats as pet... Others sees the cat as something for killing the rats that were disturbing us then. If you don't have something reasonable to say don't quote me please.
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by MherihGold(f): 1:07pm On Mar 19, 2017
iyke649:
[color=#000099][/color]Ewwwwww. I feel like sueing you ryt now cry cry
How bad it was...
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by MherihGold(f): 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
Kenneth205:

Sorry dear! sad
Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2017
flyingdutchman:

Never judge until you have been in that position before. My dog- Tiger was 15years old when I put him to sleep. He was suffering so much. Bleeding all over his body. He was always whimpering in pain. Flies followed him around cos of the cancer that was eating up his tail. Never judge!

There is no such thing as mercy killing !
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by RichieDaVinci01(m): 1:15pm On Mar 19, 2017
MherihGold:

Yes! Our store served the same purpose as the cat's room. You thought I wanted to say we had a special room for the cat? I wished it had such room but I'm the only one that loves keeping cats as pet... Others sees the cat as something for killing the rats that were disturbing us then. If you don't have something reasonable to say don't quote me please.
undecided undecided
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by naturefellow(m): 3:02pm On Mar 19, 2017
odimbannamdi:
Euthanasia, a global controversial concept, is carried out on animals too?

On the one hand, this would be likened to voluntarily killing your dad because he has grown old, instead of allowing nature take its course.

But on the other hand, it could be quite painful seeing a loved "one" suffer from a condition you know would eventually lead to death.

I once had a little nephew that suffered from Burkitt Lymphoma in the abdomen. It was very painful for the family seeing the pains the little boy was passing through as his tummy enlarged everyday.

The condition had progress so much that death was imminent. So the doctors suggested euthanasia to the mum, to relieve the boy of the sufferings and let him rest in peace.

While the mum was still thinking it through, my lovely nephew passed on.

Nothing can be compared to a peaceful beautiful death

Check out my profile for lovely men's loafers
well said. But you must understand that pets are different from human, irrespective of how fond we are of them.
Aged dogs can be tough to cater for. Their passivity, body odour and sometimes dropping hairs that litter the area are always challenging to keep up with. By this time, owner now considers usual upkeep as waste of time and money. The dog becomes a nuisance, and the next line of thought is euthanasia.
Once, I had a dog as a puppy, it lived and died naturally under my care. It became a pain in the a$$ at old age. We were somewhat relieved by its death.
There was yet another dog belonging to a friend, he had it as a puppy until old age. He was still fond of it but complained of its hair removal and odor which made his front porch a mess. I suggested euthanasia with a renown vet. And he did it!
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by iyke649(m): 3:15pm On Mar 19, 2017
MherihGold:

How bad it was...
Sure for ignorantly starving d little cat to death. Tell me What happened to google? or seeking help from a professional vet Dok?.How will you feel if u don't eat for a day? cry cry
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by tk4rd: 3:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
WHO DID THAT TO MY UNCLE.??

Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by MherihGold(f): 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2017
iyke649:
Sure for ignorantly starving d little cat to death. Tell me What happened to google? or seeking help from a professional vet Dok?.How will you feel if u don't eat for a day? cry cry
I didn't starve the cat. Infact I had to make the cat eat it food most times... Buh it was obvious the cat wanted some other food instead though it was still able to eat a few quantity. I should have googled it too... Well that's a lesson now. Thanks.
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by Elle277(f): 3:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
But still,you get mind oh,you for leave the dog nah
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by iyke649(m): 4:42pm On Mar 19, 2017
MherihGold:

I didn't starve the cat. Infact I had to make the cat eat it food most times... Buh it was obvious the cat wanted some other food instead though it was still able to eat a few quantity. I should have googled it too... Well that's a lesson now. Thanks.
Anyways its a byegone. I'm sure u've been able to get over it. Have you been able to secure another pet yet?
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by delzbaba(m): 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
emeijeh:
And who told him the dog will soon die?

Animal rights activists are coming for him. He is lucky he is not in the US
grin grin

I hope he also threw a lavish burial ceremony for the dog?
it happens in the US too bro...
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by MherihGold(f): 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2017
iyke649:
Anyways its a byegone. I'm sure u've been able to get over it. Have you been able to secure another pet yet?
Nope,not yet
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by iyke649(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
MherihGold:

Nope,not yet
Alright dear. I pray u find a cute little one. Take good care of urself

1 Like

Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 06, 2018
[quote author=ChangeIsCostant

cry
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 06, 2018
ayindejimmy:
It trusted you...

Its better it died without suffering than to live in pain. My uncles dog is almost 20 human yrs old n he refuses to have it put dwn. It can barely walk its hair is falling out n its pooing blood not hardly eating and u cant touch it at all cos it hurts it badly. It has arthritis so bad it can barely bend its legs to walk. And almost blind. I love all dogs but i couldnt let any dog of mine suffer so when a simple needle can ease its passing. Its the humane thing to do no matter how much it hurts the owner to do so.
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by Ishilove: 12:54pm On Oct 06, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
A Nigerian man has been left "heartbroken" after putting down his dog by the help of a veterinary doctor. According to him, the 14-year-old dog was killed because he didn't want it to eventually suffer a slow death due to its old age or end up in the hands of dog eaters. See what he shared below

http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/03/nigerian-man-kills-his-old-dog-refuses.html
This made me remember my Ruggedman...

Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by emeijeh(m): 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2018
Ishilove:

This made me remember my Ruggedman...

Please tell us about him
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by emeijeh(m): 7:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
Missyford31:

Its better it died without suffering than to live in pain. My uncles dog is almost 20 human yrs old n he refuses to have it put dwn. It can barely walk its hair is falling out n its pooing blood not hardly eating and u cant touch it at all cos it hurts it badly. It has arthritis so bad it can barely bend its legs to walk. And almost blind. I love all dogs but i couldnt let any dog of mine suffer so when a simple needle can ease its passing. Its the humane thing to do no matter how much it hurts the owner to do so.

How missyford
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by Bestgiftcards: 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
I buy gift cards at a good rate... 280 per dollar...
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 06, 2018
I like the appearance of the dog, the way it resembles a wolf.
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by Nobody: 4:20am On Oct 07, 2018
emeijeh:

How missyford

How what?
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by emeijeh(m): 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
Missyford31:

How what?
I typed hi autocorrect changed it to how
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 08, 2018
emeijeh:

I typed hi autocorrect changed it to how

Lol damn autocorrect. Hi back
Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by emeijeh(m): 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2018
Missyford31:

Lol damn autocorrect. Hi back

Our "very much different" time zones will not allow us quote each other almost immediately. cheesy

1 Like

Re: See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. by Nobody: 1:12am On Oct 10, 2018
emeijeh:

Our "very much different" time zones will not allow us quote each other almost immediately. cheesy

Lol no. We are exactly 9hrs ahead of u here.plus sometimes i come here alot sometimes i dnt for ages

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Monkey Drinks Codeine Syrup In Delta State (Video) / My Dog Needs Help. Graphic Pics / Man Spotted Carrying His Big Pet Monitor Lizard Like A Baby In Lagos (pic/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.