Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why (12384 Views)

Who's Your Favorite Gospel Artiste? / Apart From Your Pastor, Who Is Your Favorite Pastor/Tele Evangelist? / God's Favorite Biblical Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by twosquare(m): 1:36pm On Mar 19, 2017
Enoch...He skipped death.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by kayo80(m): 1:39pm On Mar 19, 2017
yomi007k:
grin

Satan. ..

The only dude everyone is always against ...the real actor.

LMAO!!! grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by DanseMacabre(m): 1:41pm On Mar 19, 2017
Samson too. Even Jet Li upon all him levitation and running untop airborne spear no kill 3000+ people at once even if him no blind. Even Steven Seagal wey dem no dey touch for film no fit kill 300 people with donkey jawbone.

Most importantly, he taught men since 2000 BC that women are the fall of any great man.

Oga Suleiman, why you didn't take a clue na?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by trustworthy1(f): 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2017
Firstly, JESUS CHRIST for his love towards mankind, for dying for us on the cross of Calvary , for his wonderful teachings. Truly words are not enough to thank him.

David, for his humility and accepting correction when he was told that what he did was wrong. No wonder the Bible said he was a man after God's own heart.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by japhethGold: 1:47pm On Mar 19, 2017
Daniel and Joseph
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by Emperormartin(m): 1:49pm On Mar 19, 2017
babilicious:
King David......The Only person described in The Bible as 'A Man After God's Own Heart'
i''m aspiring by God's Grace to be The woman after God's own heart......Amen
God loved him so much that Our Lord Jesus Christ came from his lineage
Only that statement keeps me moving. "A man after God's heart"

That's why my take is on David.... Anytime Anyway
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by jimb(m): 1:59pm On Mar 19, 2017
Beckham14:
That would be my boss Pharaoh.

He's the only man that gave God some tough time.

All hail King Pharaoh.
HOW..?
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by Beckham14: 2:11pm On Mar 19, 2017
davidica:

Bro Pharoah Didnt Gave God A Hard Time,God Purposely Hardened His Heart So That The Israelites Will Have Totally Deliverance,whch Later Leads To Pharoah Death,a Normal Being Wouldnt Chase After A Slave When He Lost His Only Son,dnt U Think?Bt His Heart Was Hardened So Fr God Name To B Exalted
Okay, thank you sir. cool
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by Beckham14: 2:12pm On Mar 19, 2017
NatureBoy91:
He didn't, cos no creature can give God tough time rather God hardened his heart, to teach him a lesson.
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by ihesiuloa(m): 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2017
Steven, he openly spoke of the chronicles of JESUS and His greatness, he went ahead to speak of him seeing the glory of God which got his accusers more angry and they stoned him to death but then, he didn't care about being stoned because he actually saw the glory of God! oh what a great experience I so much desire.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by Beckham14: 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2017
victorazy:

grin naughty u.
Well, for ur info, God is the one that hardened his heart that way just to introduce Himself. (Ex. 7:3) grin
Many thanks. cool
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by LordEmperoris1(m): 2:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
king Ahaserus
nigga throw party for almost one year

control over 120 countries
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by simytech: 2:23pm On Mar 19, 2017
Paul

Joshua
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 19, 2017
Really undecided

iamkingzlee:
Pharoah? undecided
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by Apina(m): 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2017
kerryjossy:

Sorry , i do not argue blindly.
What's the relationship between my comment and you arguing or not arguing blindly? If you really understand what “works of the law" mean, u wouldn't just leave it hanging cos its open to so many interpretations. Quoting the Bible isn't just enough, for as much as the Holy spirit gives knowledge so also does he give understanding. It would be best u clarify what works of the law mean so that those who come across ur comment would be better informed.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by Mbediogu(m): 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2017
Dottore:
Abraham: he had an extraordinary personality. He communicated one on one with God, committed adultery though with the wife's approval yet had his two offsprings blessed immensely.

Joseph: moved from prison to palace thus became a prime minister in a land he was supposed to be a slave.

Odedidom: they sent the ark of covenant to his house because he was wretched. The ark having been bringing misfortune to the entire Israelites in war fronts. It was thought that same would be Obedidom's lot but the reverse was the case. Na so the guy became a wealthy man

Rachab: a prostitute that her kindness to the Jews automatically reset her destiny and she was placed in the matrilineal genealogy of Jesus.

David: committed adultery and engineered the death of his co adulter's husband. Yet had an important place in the heart of God.

Solomon was a chronic womanizer and adulterer yet the blessings of God never eluded him and he never fought any war. His land was at peace and there has not been any King greater than him, before and after.

The Unnamed thief that got himself a first class ticket to heaven just because he opposed the other thief that was mocking Jesus.

Paul was a murderer but encountered divine providence and ended up writing more than half of the new testament thus becoming more popular than other apostles.

Today most preachers and folks in Christiandom make you feel like the devil's friend when they see you with a bottle of beer or worse still a babe.

Moses was unique too. His faith was great. He valued his ppl more than himself. Many times God wanted to punish his ppl, he intervened successfully on their behalf but when God pronounced punishment on him for striking the rock twice, he simply yielded. For that reason, the Angel of God made sure Satan did not take his body. The angel took his body to Heaven according to the Revelations of St. John. I love Moses.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by johnie: 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
3kay945:

Thanks bro, this isn't the qoute am looking for. Maybe its similar to ' he prepared a table before me ...... '

"He leadeth me in the path of righteousness for his name's sake" Psalm 23:3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by Elle277(f): 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
David

He always acknowledge his sins and plead for Mercy..PSM 25 v 11

He is the one after Gods heart!
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by oruma19: 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
I love 2 Bible characters so much it's hard to leave one for the other.
1. Jacob: because he could lie and maneuver his way out of any situation yet God helped him to succeed in all his lying and maneuvering skills. God even said He loved Jacob and hated issau. I like to possess things the way Jacob did.

2. David: he was a bad guy who loved God and killed a lot of Israel's enemies just the way boko Haram think they are killing to get to heaven and be blessed with 7 virgins each. David even killed his loyal servant Uriah just to claim ownership to Uriah's wife. He killed uncountable pple but God called him "a man after HIS own heart" .

These two funny characters were loved by God the most in their generations. Pls can someone explain to me why we think we can be more righteous than these pple... I pray God gives me "a sinner" the kind of love He showed David and Jacob ... grin
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by expozey(f): 3:30pm On Mar 19, 2017
Joseph- for his discipline and forthrightness
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by luvmijeje(f): 3:42pm On Mar 19, 2017
Mine also is Joseph. Reading his story always unfailingly bought tears to my eyes.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by toslex00001: 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2017
David the man of valor... Smote down his enemies
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by Verami(f): 4:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
Job remains number 1, fine out why by reading Job from 1 till you are satisfied. It's encouraging, so read.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by iamkingzlee(m): 4:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
Fabulocity:
Really undecided

Ehen na grin It's like it's only me that chose Pharoah oh.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by SIRmanjar(m): 4:39pm On Mar 19, 2017
I luv de bible characters dat share some characteristics wit me.
1.Balam..Anytin he said comes to pass he even got money from kings to curse dere enemiez..while me dey curse for free.
2.moses..Rugged freedom fighter and de only man dat saw Godz back..Wrote words dat summoned spirits..hiz element iz water
3.Elijah..Rugged outlaw ad de most powerful prophet.
hiz element iz fire.
4.solomon ad David..This men indolged demselves in sexual immorality but God never denied dem..They wrote wordz dat can command spirits just like i have my own writings too.
5.Gideon..With 300 men he slayed thouzandz.
6.Daniel..He was like a god he saw de past present ad the future.
7.jacob..very smart de only man dat wrestled wit God.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by crispyvick(f): 5:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
yomi007k:
grin

Satan. ..

The only dude everyone is always against ...the real actor.
grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by Jjat: 5:19pm On Mar 19, 2017
David

He is God's favourite and man after his heart. Doesn't matter the length or how powerful his iniquities are. God loves him still.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by divalindiway(f): 7:17pm On Mar 19, 2017
Y'all screaming Solomon!Solomon...wealth and women, dont forget his way of life made royalty leave his lineage....till Jesus came
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by LawdOfNairaland: 7:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
Satan!!!

A sad unfairly treated fellow!!! He tempted man so that man became like God and yet man is bullied into hating him.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by vikeyz(m): 7:29pm On Mar 19, 2017
JESUS & JOSEPH

Who God has blessed no man curse
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by vikeyz(m): 7:31pm On Mar 19, 2017
JESUS & JOSEPH

Who God has blessed no man curse grin
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why by 3kay945(m): 9:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
johnie:

"He leadeth me in the path of righteousness for his name's sake" Psalm 23:3

Yes, thank you. That's it. Am grateful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Speech By King Leopold Ii Of Belgium Delivered In 1883 / Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? / Have You Seen This Kind Of Leg Before - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.