Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 (5118 Views)

Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany Hensel Pose In Bikini [photos] / Eddie Murphy's Queen In Coming To America Is 50 - See What She Looks Like Now / Rumour! Hollywood Actor - Eddie Murphy Dies In Snowboard Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by SeanT21(f): 3:48am On Dec 21, 2009
A&E @ 10 PM. Started last week. Waiting for it right now.

http://www.aetv.com/
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by THEAMAKA1: 3:49am On Dec 21, 2009
thanks!!
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by vanitty: 4:06am On Dec 21, 2009
Tragic, just tragic. What a shame
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 21, 2009
vanitty:

Tragic, just tragic. What a shame
LOL you sound lik that dude on "Everybody Hates Chris".

@post
Eehyah, pele. RIP.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by phuckNL: 5:43am On Dec 21, 2009
RIP. Prayers go to the family.

@Amaka and SeanT21
Why don't you just open another thread if you want to gist about a tv show. Someone died and you are here talking about disney channel showing it or not. No wonder Amaka has so many posts in such a short time, get a life and stop camping on nairaland.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by SeanT21(f): 6:09am On Dec 21, 2009
phuck_NL:

RIP. Prayers go to the family.

@Amaka and SeanT21
Why don't you just open another thread if you want to gist about a tv show. Someone died and you are here talking about disney channel showing it or not. No wonder Amaka has so many posts in such a short time, get a life and stop camping on nairaland.

~~LMAO~~Britney was in Sister, Sister so it brought back memories. Take ur own advice and focus on Britney.!!
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by CarlosVent(m): 8:15am On Dec 21, 2009
May her Soul rest in piece shaaa.

The main thing is where she went to.

Hell or Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 21, 2009
CarlosVent:

The main thing is where she went to.

Hell or Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!

lol was thinking that.

Where do you think?
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by SisiKill1: 8:26am On Dec 21, 2009
Her husband does not want her autopsied. His 32 yrs old wife drops dead from heart failure and he doesn't want an autopsy? A bit suspect if ya ask me.

Of course, considering all the things floating around about the kinda guy he is. . .i'm not surprised he's against an autopsy.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by H2O2: 8:43am On Dec 21, 2009
The autopsy would be carried out regardless of what he says.
I'm sure the district attorney's office would want some form of clarity on the cause of death.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by sunnykiss(m): 9:33am On Dec 21, 2009
Ah she was 32 and look 28 damm R.I.P. Brittany,men Eminem hit am for 8mile and I enjoy her stripin for Sincity the movie
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by H2O2: 9:47am On Dec 21, 2009
See this pervert. na the only thing you sabi talk be that . lol
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by spikedcylinder: 9:59am On Dec 21, 2009
CarlosVent:

Peace abeg. Put an 's' there and you're swearing for her. tongue cheesy

This is shocking news. I liked her in Sin City most and that movie she did with Dakota Fanning.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by SisiKill1: 10:15am On Dec 21, 2009
Lmao@piece(s)

Oh they are going ahead with the autopsy. Just find it a wee bit odd that he thinks he has a say and even if he did, why would not want it when it's not like she's always had heart problems.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by H2O2: 10:18am On Dec 21, 2009
I know right.
Fine looking young babes don't just naturally drop dead in broad daylight, unless I'm missing something.
We'll find out the missing link soon.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by ejiadeyemi(m): 10:20am On Dec 21, 2009
, pity, saw her lately in "love and other disasters" and thought she was brilliant, R.I.P
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by topup: 10:23am On Dec 21, 2009
My mother thinks that she probably died from a drug overdose.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by Sonofpeace(m): 10:37am On Dec 21, 2009
Must any celeb that died be as a result of drug? Nawaooo. Rest in peace b.Murphy i remember 8mile.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by belelikfin(m): 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2009
I love Brittany, she is so cute, oh God why her.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by yjay(f): 12:13pm On Dec 21, 2009
really liked her though she hasnt been in movies lately, so sad!!!!!
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by iice(f): 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2009
Shocking! Really. . .sad, RIP

She's in Stallone's expendables. . .prolly will have to re-write somethings in the movie.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by TOPE20001(f): 3:30pm On Dec 21, 2009
H2O2:

Tope you and that your oshodi isale face.  If I catch you ehn, I go chop you well well.

Lmao, i be bread u wan chop tongue
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by sammytb(m): 4:47pm On Dec 21, 2009
Rip
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by sammytb(m): 4:47pm On Dec 21, 2009
Rip
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by suxes2005(m): 5:44pm On Dec 21, 2009
Dat is life for you. no one knows 2moro

SHALOM
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by mamagee3(f): 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2009
May her Soul rest in Peace!!! cry cry
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by mohawkchic(f): 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2009
~Brittany: Final Interview Before Tragic Death~

[img]http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/ne/skynews/20091221/15/1748310127-brittany-final-interview-tragic-death.jpg?x=310&y=231&q=75&wc=321&hc=240&xc=40&yc=1&sig=MUMr6, bPqtIp7.zsPnSwg--#310,231[/img]

Hollywood actress Brittany Murphy said she felt "blessed for everything I have in my life" days before her sudden death at the age of 32.

The star of teen movie Clueless and girlfriend of Eminem in the film 8 Mile died in Los Angeles of what appear to have been natural causes, according to the state coroner.

In her final interview on December 3, she described her love for her family, her charity work and her ballet regime.

Appearing dazed, distracted and frail, she admitted she was "a bit thinner now than what I would like to be".

She said she kept healthy with exercise. "I was a ballerina for a long time," the actress said. "I still take ballet lessons now - what it does to your body is incredible."

Murphy, who was married to British screenwriter Simon Monjack, added: "I feel blessed for everything I have in my life and my family."

She initially struggled to find work after filming Clueless, the movie that made her famous.

"So funny, but it was hard to get a job for two years after that, everyone thought I was really Tai," she explained.

Murphy is understood to have collapsed in the bathroom of her Beverly Hills home.

An ambulance crew attempted to resuscitate her but she was pronounced dead at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre.

Neighbour Clare Staples said she saw Murphy on a stretcher but she "looked as though she was dead at the scene".

Authorities are looking into Murphy's medical history but because toxicology tests will be required an official cause of death may not be confirmed for some time.

A police investigation has been launched and officers have visited the property, located above Sunset Strip.

Murphy's father, Angelo Bertolotti, said he learned of her death from his son and was stunned. "She was just an absolute doll since she was born," Mr Bertolotti said.

"Her personality was always outward. Everybody loved her - people that made movies with her, people on a cruise - they all loved her. She was just a regular gal."

He said he had not heard much about the circumstances of his daughter's death. He divorced her mother when Murphy was young and had not seen Murphy in the past few years.

Mr Bertolotti said he used to be in the Mafia and served a jail sentence for drug offences.

"She was just talented," Mr Bertolotti said. "And I loved her very much."

Murphy was born on November 10, 1977, in Atlanta.

She grew up in New Jersey and later moved with her mother to Los Angeles to pursue her acting career.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by mohawkchic(f): 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2009
~Murphy 'died of natural causes'

Brittany Murphy has died in Los Angeles of what appeared to be natural causes, a coroner's official has said.

The 32-year-old actress, who got her start in the hit Clueless and rose to stardom in 8 Mile, was pronounced dead at 10.04am at Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre, hospital spokeswoman Sally Stewart said.

Brittany was transported to the hospital after the Los Angeles Fire Department responded to a call at 8am at the home she shared with her husband, British screenwriter Simon Monjack, in the Hollywood Hills.

Assistant chief coroner Ed Winter said the star apparently collapsed in the bathroom, and authorities were looking into her medical history.

An official cause of death may not be determined for some time, since toxicology tests will be required, but "it appears to be natural", Mr Winter said.

He said an autopsy was planned for Monday or Tuesday.

Mr Winter said Brittany's family was co-operating with the coroner's investigation but would not be releasing a public statement. He said funeral arrangements have not been announced.

Los Angeles police have opened an investigation into the death.

Detectives and coroner's officials were at the couple's home on Sunday afternoon but did not talk to reporters. Paparazzi were camped outside the property, located above the Sunset Strip.

Neighbour Clare Staples said she saw firefighters working to resuscitate the actress. She said Brittany was on a stretcher and "looked as though she was dead at the scene"
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by finemocha(f): 8:12pm On Dec 21, 2009
H2O2:

I know right.
Fine looking young babes don't just naturally drop dead in broad daylight, unless I'm missing something.
We'll find out the missing link soon.

HAAAHA EH SO IT'S UNATTRACTIVE OLD ONES THAT DO RIGHT.

YEAH BRITTNEY WAS DEF REALLY CUTE AND VERY TALENTED. HAD A VERY BEAUTIFUL VOICE TOO.
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by SisiKill1: 8:42pm On Dec 21, 2009
The autopsy is still in underway. Preliminary reports rule out foul play, so they are going with "appears to have died of natural causes" at least until the results of the autopsy come out.

Reports also state she'd been sick and vomiting and that there were loads of prescription drugs found in the house. Sigh! Celebrities and the prescription drugs business, ehn. . .God help them.

Why do the good ones die young?
Re: Breaking News! Actress Brittany Murphy Dies Aged 32 by ollybosieb: 9:56pm On Dec 22, 2009
May her gentle soul rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Defence Of Lola Omotayo Okoye. / When Two Billionaires Clash And No Designers Were Spotted [see Why] / Actress Destiny Etiko Looks Sexy In Her New Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.