Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic (38197 Views)

Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat And Three Shops To Let Benin City Edo State / Construction Of 4bedroom Duplex And 2unit 2bedroom Flat / Abuja Selling: Four Bedroom Semi Finished Duplex With Two Unit Of Self-contained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 5:54am On Mar 22, 2017
preparation of raft beam: raft beam ring height
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by KolaShangOne(m): 5:59am On Mar 22, 2017
Oga ABdul.. nice work.

Me and you don become neighbours. If you're still in Opic, we should see..
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 6:09am On Mar 22, 2017
KolaShangOne:
Oga ABdul.. nice work.

Me and you don become neighbours. If you're still in Opic, we should see..

My oga thank you o.

I'm still around. Drop your address on whatapps so I can come see my oga
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Badgers14: 7:42am On Mar 22, 2017
abdulwastecx:
To the main building: here is what we have in mind

On the ground floor we have the following
Duplex side
1. Living room
2. Dining
3. Kitchen
4. Visitor's bedroom
5. Store
4. Visitor's toilet
5.General toilet

Two bedroom flat side
1. Living room
2. Dining area
3. Kitchen
4. two bedrooms with one en suit toilet and one open toilet

My oga, what's the estimated cost of this project?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by podosci(m): 9:00am On Mar 22, 2017
Badgers14:

My oga, what's the estimated cost of this project?
Contact us via mail or whatsapp for further discussion.
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Badgers14: 9:03am On Mar 22, 2017
podosci:

Contact us via mail or whatsapp for further discussion.

My oga, I dont think i am the only nairalander eager to know the cost.

Would you mind doing us a favor by posting the figure here?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by podosci(m): 9:25am On Mar 22, 2017
Badgers14:

My oga, I dont think i am the only nairalander eager to know the cost.

Would you mind doing us a favor by posting the figure here?

Thank you
The project cost is a confidential detail.
I would require clearance from the client for such a detail to be revealed in a public forum.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
podosci:

The project cost is a confidential detail.
I would require clearance from the client for such a detail to be revealed in a public forum.

That's hogwash.

As an example, "a building like this In carcass state can be built for between N10M - N15M" shouldn't void privacy for most prudent people.

8 Likes

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by mufutau55(m): 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

That's hogwash.
As an example, "a building like this In carcass state can be built for between N10M - N15M" shouldn't void privacy for most prudent people.

I do not agree, not all of us have open mind. If the Client says "Don't publicize the cost", then the Contractor should not do it.
What you are asking for is an estimate... then that could be discuss in another thread, not in the same thread that it was mentioned that the cost is confidential. Spyder used to do this until he started getting garbage critics emails about lying on the cost...

Note: Personally, if I am the Client, I don't care if the cost are revealed to the last kobo... becos that will not have any effect on me.
But some people like to make everything confidential... we all have our reasons. There is no right or wrong on this.

Hajji M.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
Formwork : the raft beam is a 6 board raft (1.8m heigh),
For this particular project we budget about 500 planks initially

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
Materials for the formwork includes the following
1. 1 x 12 plank of about 600 pieces
2. 2 x 4 soft wood of about 200pieces
3. Binding wires of about 4 roles
4. 3'' Nail of 2 bags
5. 4'' nail of 1bag

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by diordaves(m): 5:32pm On Mar 22, 2017
abdulwastecx:
Formwork : the raft beam is a 6 board raft (1.8m heigh),
For this particular project we budget about 500 planks initially

So what determines the height of the raft? Is the height of the raft arbitrarily determined to the whimp and caprice of the builder or this is in relation and directly proportional to the level of the highest point of the surrounding area?

Would you normally need a land surveyor with theodolite (?) to take the level of the area to determine the height of the raft?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 5:36pm On Mar 22, 2017
Iron reinforcement work: for the iron work we use the following materials

1. 16mm
2. 12mm
3. 10mm

Fir this particular project we use tiger brand of iron for his high tensile strength and overall quality. We make arrangements for an initial supply of 6tonnes of which we later bought 1/2 a tonne of 10mm to complete the job.

The top and bottom main bars were 3Y 16 ( in accordance to the structural design.

There were four nominal reinforcement at the center due to the height ( 4 Y12 both side)

And the ring spacing was put at 300mm c/c and we use 10mm bar for this operation

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by kopell: 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
abdulwastecx:
Scope include the design and construction of this building. The design was carried out by Harney projects and the construction will also be done by Harney project. The client hired an independent firm to carry out the soil test based on the recommendation of our team on ground after site visitation
Congratulation Abdul it's been a while we saw new stars up project. I thoughts most of the builders want on strike because of our public screwing.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 22, 2017
kopell:
Congratulation Abdul it's been a while we saw new stars up project. I thoughts most of the builders want on strike because of our public screwing.

I was beside myself when I saw the topic actually. A new build - wow grin
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 5:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
diordaves:

So what determines the height of the raft? Is the height of the raft arbitrarily determined to the whimp and caprice of the builder or this is in relation and directly proportional to the level of the highest point of the surrounding area?

Would you normally need a land surveyor with theodolite (?) to take the level of the area to determine the height of the raft?

The hight of the raft from a structural point of view depends on load transfer from the raft slab and the shear stress from the column supported by the beams but from topography point of view since we build raft foundation in such a way that the raft slab also serve as the building ground floor level (popularly called dpc level) we tends to raise raft slab level above the natural ground level up to a level where the building will not be affected by flooding.

For this particular project a raft beam of 900mm was deemed structurally safe to carry the raft slab but due to the fact that the site is about 1m lower than the road level we had to raise the foundation height above the road level by about 700 to 800mm in other to cater for future increase in road level, which resulted in a total height of 1.8m.

Since the area is already built up we just took the highest point and set our build a little higher, you may need a dumpy level for this operation but in this case we use water level. Infact, our building dpc level is the highest in the street.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 5:54pm On Mar 22, 2017
kopell:

Thank you sir, prices are so high that you don't want to take new job but we are very grateful to have a very understanding client. For this particular project, we move stage by stage because '' I no want enter wahala''
We review our expenses after every stage to cater for increase or decrease in materials.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 5:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I was beside myself when I saw the topic actually. A new build - wow grin

Yes sir... And welldone on your building in ibadan, it is not really easy building in this present economic conditions
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 5:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
Pictures of some of the iron work

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
abdulwastecx:

Yes sir... And welldone on your building in ibadan, it is not really easy building in this present economic conditions

Thank you, Sir. We owe it to you guys that show us how it should be done and properly.

Will you be doing precast parapet on this build? I need to see latest information.

Good luck guys.
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Onuokwu: 6:12pm On Mar 22, 2017
[quote author=Redman36 post=54809170][/quote]

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 22, 2017
abdulwastecx:

The hight of the raft from a structural point of view depends on load transfer from the raft slab and the shear stress from the column support by columns but from topography point of view since we build surface in a such a way that the raft slab also serve as the building ground floor level (popularly called dpc level) we tends to raise raft slab level above the natural ground level up to a level where the build will not be affected by flooding.

For this particular project a raft beam of 900mm was deemed structurally safe to carry the raft slab but due to the fact that the site is about 1m lower than the road level we had to raise the foundation height above the road level by about 700 to 800mm in other to cater for future increase in road level, which resulted in a total height of 1.8m.

Since the area is already built up we just took the highest point and set our build a little higher, you may need a dumpy level for this operation but in this case we use water level. Infact, our building dpc level is the highest in the street.

I like that. It will help avoid stories that touch in the future, especially with flood prone areas.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Thank you, Sir. We owe it to you guys that show us how it should be done and properly.

Will you be doing precast parapet on this build? I need to see latest information.

Good luck guys.

From some of my last experience, precast seems to be a bit expensive these days. We are going to do in-situ cast parapet /concrete fascia because the fascia is a going to flat with about 600mm projection as it is in the 3 D

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Marilo(m): 6:50pm On Mar 22, 2017
abdulwastecx:

From some of my last experience, precast seems to be a bit expensive these days. We are going to do in-situ cast parapet /concrete fascia because the fascia is a going to flat with about 600mm projection as it is in the 3 D

What is the total are of the land in square metre and what is the total built up area?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 7:09pm On Mar 22, 2017
Marilo:

What is the total are of the land in square metre and what is the total built up area?

Total built up area is 12m x 20m (240sqm)
Site size is 29m x 18m. ( 522sqm)
Set backs of 3m by the sides, 2.5m at the back and 6.5m on the front.

Percentage built up area = 46%

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by ice4u999(m): 7:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
Qc1:
wink

Oga Qc1 please I will like to obtain a critical info from you. Can you forward an email to my address at ice4u999@yahoo.com to enable me send my phone number for us to discuss. Or if you are comfortable with providing your email here then I will forward you my phone number.

Thanks
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
my questions would be on M&E -

have you done a hydrological survey to determine the best point for a borehole? a few years ago we ran into serious trouble [in one of our isheri sites] when the newly done borehole in one of our newly renovated facilities dried up. thats when we found that that part of isheri has serious water table issues. we must have drilled three boreholes before we eventually got lucky.

where is the closest 11kv HT line. if you have money, it is always better to get a dedicated transformer [30-50kVA] and connect to HT. if you connect to the utility LT lines you will be subjecting yourself to 'low current' , power surges etc [often generated by inconsiderate neighbours connected to the same transformer feeding the LT line]

do you have your m&e drawings which would detail things like electrical manholes , pipe ducts etc. this is so that you run pipes /conduits that would have to be in your foundation now, not as an afterthought that would involve breaking and recasting/patching.

do you have all your approvals [in my experience lasg regulatory bodies eye dey chook well well]

just my questions.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by AngelicBeing: 8:25pm On Mar 22, 2017
Following, so far so good, excellent foundational work going on here, when you see competent Engineers, you dont need a soothsayer to tell you because the work speak for itself & my latin friends will say >> "res ipsa loquitur" , if l will be recommending an Engineer from Nairaland to my friends & family members in my base currently outside Nigeria and who wants to have a home of theirs in Nigeria, this guys will definitely be on my list l will present to them, l can only wish the owner of this project and the team of Engineers all the best as they construct this edifice. wink cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
oyb:
my questions would be on M&E -

have you done a hydrological survey to determine the best point for a borehole? a few years ago we ran into serious trouble [in one of our isheri sites] when the newly done borehole in one of our newly renovated facilities dried up. thats when we found that that part of isheri has serious water table issues. we must have drilled three boreholes before we eventually got lucky.

where is the closest 11kv HT line. if you have money, it is always better to get a dedicated transformer [30-50kVA] and connect to HT. if you connect to the utility LT lines you will be subjecting yourself to 'low current' , power surges etc [often generated by inconsiderate neighbours connected to the same transformer feeding the LT line]

do you have your m&e drawings which would detail things like electrical manholes , pipe ducts etc. this is so that you run pipes /conduits that would have to be in your foundation now, not as an afterthought that would involve breaking and recasting/patching.

do you have all your approvals [in my experience lasg regulatory bodies eye dey chook well well]

just my questions.

I think the site is on the ogun side of opic, nevertheless, we will do as you advice. Thanks sir
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
On the day of casting : arrival of materials.
We have two trip of 30 tonnage gravel, three trips of 20 tonnage sand, 500bags of Portland dangote cement and 1 trips of stone dust.

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
Casting of the raft beams.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2017
Striking of formwork after 24 hours

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Buildings In Abuja / Nigerian Man Dies After Jumping Out From His Condo In Malaysia - Pictures / Documents To Ask For When Buying Land Any Where In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.