Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic (38220 Views)

Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat And Three Shops To Let Benin City Edo State / Construction Of 4bedroom Duplex And 2unit 2bedroom Flat / Abuja Selling: Four Bedroom Semi Finished Duplex With Two Unit Of Self-contained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by johnson232: 10:45am On May 26, 2017
abdulwastecx:

I prefer chained lintel for all my build
Nice...
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by joseph1013: 3:08pm On May 31, 2017
I have a question: How do you make provision for a staircase during the construction of the sub structure? Or perhaps a better question is to ask at what stage is provision made for a staircase and its various elements in a building construction?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2017
joseph1013:
I have a question: How do you make provision for a staircase during the construction of the sub structure? Or perhaps a better question is to ask at what stage is provision made for a staircase and its various elements in a building construction?

You provide for the starter bar of the stair (which also serves as the support reinforcement for stair other than cantilever and spiral stair) At the DPC level or ground floor slab level or ground floor level for stair carrying a very high load. here is a picture to help buttress my point better

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by joseph1013: 8:07am On Jun 12, 2017
abdulwastecx:

You provide for the starter bar of the stair (which also serves as the support reinforcement for stair other than cantilever and spiral stair) At the DPC level or ground floor slab level or ground floor level for stair carrying a very high load. here is a picture to help buttress my point better
Thanks. This was helpful.

Let me ask: After the concrete casting of the ground beam, how long before the removal of the formwork?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2017
joseph1013:

Thanks. This was helpful.

Let me ask: After the concrete casting of the ground beam, how long before the removal of the formwork?

24hours you can remove the side
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 6:39pm On Jun 12, 2017
formwork to the concrete fascia

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2017
more from the concrete fascia iron work

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2017
more updates

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 2:49am On Jun 13, 2017
construction of the roofing work
Here are the list of wood type and sizes.

1. 2x6 AYIN (APUNTU) wood for tie beams
2. 2 x4 AYIN (APUNTU) wood for tie beams, rafter, king post, strut and tie
3. 2x3 wood for purlin
4. 4 cartons of Chinese nail
5. 2x2 softwood for nogging

Duration of work : one week
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 2:55am On Jun 13, 2017
Pictures update

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 2:57am On Jun 13, 2017
More updates

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 2:59am On Jun 13, 2017
Completion of roof truss

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by joseph1013: 1:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
abdulwastecx:

24hours you can remove the side
What about for DPC casting and decking?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by podosci(m): 2:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
joseph1013:

What about for DPC casting and decking?
It takes 28days for concrete to gain approx 99% of its strength in which case the concrete can convincingly carry its own weight and imposed load. it's safe to remove the formwork after 28days.
Generally for concrete members, it's safe to remove the soffit (underside) after 28days while you remove the vertical sides after 24hrs.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by joseph1013: 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2017
podosci:

It takes 28days for concrete to gain approx 99% of its strength in which case the concrete can convincingly carry its own weight and imposed load. it's safe to remove the formwork after 28days.
Generally for concrete members, it's safe to remove the soffit (underside) after 28days while you remove the vertical sides after 24hrs.
Thanks. How soon can blocks be laid after casting the DPC? What if you intend to do a frame structure?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by jossy26: 3:50am On Jun 15, 2017
Hi Abdul, the build is going great, please can you share the quantity of woods each you use for this build and the kingpost? kindly share where you got the wood as well. I also noticed you didnt use solignum on the wood any reason for that?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 5:02am On Jun 15, 2017
jossy26:
Hi Abdul, the build is going great, please can you share the quantity of woods each you use for this build and the kingpost? kindly share where you got the wood as well. I also noticed you didnt use solignum on the wood any reason for that?

Height of kingpost is 4m
We bought about 500 pieces of 2 x 4
About 50 pieces of 2 x 6
About 450 pieces of 2 x 3.

The 2 x 4 and 2 x 6 wood is called AYIN (APUNTU), very hardwood that don't need treatment.
We applied solignum with kerosene, instead of using condemned oil.
We bought the wood from Ibadan
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by jossy26: 4:20pm On Jun 15, 2017
abdulwastecx:

Height of kingpost is 4m
We bought about 500 pieces of 2 x 4
About 50 pieces of 2 x 6
About 450 pieces of 2 x 3.

The 2 x 4 and 2 x 6 wood is called AYIN (APUNTU), very hardwood that don't need treatment.
We applied solignum with kerosene, instead of using condemned oil.
We bought the wood from Ibadan
God bless you sir, so you didnt use 3 by 4
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by joseph1013: 10:42am On Jun 16, 2017
joseph1013:

Thanks. How soon can blocks be laid after casting the DPC? What if you intend to do a frame structure?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by joseph1013: 10:44am On Jun 16, 2017
What materials can be used for expansion joints in buildings? What about plywood and polystyrene?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 7:07pm On Jun 17, 2017
joseph1013:

After 24hours

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 7:07pm On Jun 17, 2017
joseph1013:
What materials can be used for expansion joints in buildings? What about plywood and polystyrene?

both can be used

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
Installation of stone coated roofing sheet

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 7:15pm On Jun 17, 2017
More roof view

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by joseph1013: 4:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
abdulwastecx:

After 24hours
Thanks. Talking about blocks, I noticed when I traveled to Uyo that solid blocks are preferred, whereas in other places hollow blocks are the mainstay. What's the difference and how do each affect structures?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by joseph1013: 4:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
abdulwastecx:

After 24hours
Thanks. Talking about blocks, I noticed when I traveled to Uyo that solid blocks are preferred, whereas in other places hollow blocks are the mainstay. What's the difference and how does each affect structures?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 11:28am On Jun 19, 2017
joseph1013:

Thanks. Talking about blocks, I noticed when I traveled to Uyo that solid blocks are preferred, whereas in other places hollow blocks are the mainstay. What's the difference and how does each affect structures?

Solid block is heavier and better used for load bearing walls
hollow block is lighter and better used for frame structures
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by johnson232: 11:34am On Jun 19, 2017
abdulwastecx:

Solid block is heavier and better used for load bearing walls
hollow block is lighter and better used for frame structures
As an enigneer, which would u recommend for a bungalow, solid or hollow block?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 11:44am On Jun 19, 2017
johnson232:

As an enigneer, which would u recommend for a bungalow, solid or hollow block?

I prefer 9'' hollow blocks for my bungalow
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by johnson232: 11:48am On Jun 19, 2017
abdulwastecx:

I prefer 9'' hollow blocks for my bungalow
Nice...but in a case whereby one can't afford 9" hollow block & decide to opt for 6". Which would u recommend for a bungalow, 6"solid or hollow block?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 4:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
johnson232:

Nice...but in a case whereby one can't afford 9" hollow block & decide to opt for 6". Which would u recommend for a bungalow, 6"solid or hollow block?

I will go with 6'' hollow
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by mufutau55(m): 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
johnson232:

Check Abdul's message above... He knows well more than I do, of course...
But what I did was to use 9" hollow for the outer external walls while I use 6" hollow for the inside partitions. Hope you can afford that.

Hajji M.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

AMCON Seizes Multimillion Naira Properties In Owerri (Photos) / Why Do Nigerians Fence Their Houses? / A PLOT URGENTLY AVAILABLE NOW AT AMEN ESTATE. CALL ME NOW!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.