Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic (38291 Views)

Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat And Three Shops To Let Benin City Edo State / Construction Of 4bedroom Duplex And 2unit 2bedroom Flat / Abuja Selling: Four Bedroom Semi Finished Duplex With Two Unit Of Self-contained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 1:34am On Mar 24, 2017
More updates

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 1:36am On Mar 24, 2017
More updates of block work

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 1:39am On Mar 24, 2017
More updates of block work up to lintel level

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by PineyMikey: 2:43am On Mar 24, 2017
Wow, more grease to your elbows. Keenly watching as this progresses cos i've an identical site that I want to build on....
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by ice4u999(m): 4:54am On Mar 24, 2017
abdulwastecx:
To the main building: here is what we have in mind

On the ground floor we have the following
Duplex side
1. Living room
2. Dining
3. Kitchen
4. Visitor's bedroom
5. Store
4. Visitor's toilet
5.General toilet

Two bedroom flat side

1. Living room
2. Dining area
3. Kitchen
4. two bedrooms with one en suit toilet and one open toilet

Not sure if you posted the plan but will the 2 bedroom flats be attached to the main house or separate?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by podosci(m): 8:58am On Mar 24, 2017
ice4u999:

Not sure if you posted the plan but will the 2 bedroom flats be attached to the main house or separate?
Attached
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by money121(m): 9:25am On Mar 24, 2017
abdulwastecx:
More updates of block work up to lintel level

Chaiiii Work going on faster oooo.. May Almighty Allah bless Your hand work..
Please contact me for your Roofing oooo..
Call/WhatsApp 080-85-310-359

Current Price of Roofing Sheet in Nigeria.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

See Samples of Roofing Tiles.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3357472/collection-sample-stone-coated-roofing

Check Out Picture Of The Wood Work For The Stone Coated Roofing Tile >> https://www.nairaland.com/1806964/check-out-picture-wood-work

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by bplenty(m): 10:47am On Mar 24, 2017
@abdulwastecx

Damn! This build is insanely sick. Good job mate and Good on ya. So contracting you for mi next build.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Barryton: 11:19am On Mar 24, 2017
Wow!!! this work is extremely neat...kudos podosci & abdulwastecx..
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 11:20am On Mar 24, 2017
bplenty:
@abdulwastecx

Damn! This build is insanely sick. Good job mate and Good on ya. So contracting you for mi next build.

Thanks boss
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 11:21am On Mar 24, 2017
Barryton:
Wow!!! this work is extremely neat...kudos podosci & abdulwastecx..

Thanks boss
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by podosci(m): 11:23am On Mar 24, 2017
[quote author=Barryton post=54897731]Wow!!! this work is extremely neat...kudos podosci & abdulwastecx..[/quote
Thank you sir
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 8:00am On Mar 26, 2017
ceelog:
Abdul (Harney Projects). Innovative. Technically Sound. Honest. I have no regrets, not even one when I chose you guys. Keep up the good work. The sky is the starting point for you guys.

Thanks sir... My two weeks in imo state was great and all those fun we had in Enugu state, it was a really good experience... Looking forward to come back in future, you were really a good host, client and a big brother friend. Thank you sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by olumide4christ: 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2017
abdulwastecx:

sorry... you are wrong, the first picture is gravel while the second picture is "all in one coarse aggregates'' ...take note

Well...what you know is what you know...

What I know is what I know...I believe that so many other construction professionals will agree with me....
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by set2build: 10:22am On Apr 03, 2017
Prices of Steel bars steadily falling..... check out updates on the cost of building materials in the market today 3rd of April 2017.
visit the open market on www.set2build.com
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Impactever(m): 8:05pm On Apr 03, 2017
@OP, I so such appreciate the quality of the job you are doing . more grease to your elbow.

pls I want to enquire the cost of carrying out a proposed site soil test .

The two parameter I need from the soil test are :

1. The soil bearing capacity

2.The depth of the stable layer.

Note : the site is located at Gariki, Enugu City, ENUGU.

I will be very grateful for any information from any Geotechnical Engineer, or any experienced Engineer in the area of Geotechnical Engineering.

my whatsapp No : 08065759964
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by set2build: 11:51am On Apr 05, 2017
Prices of building materials updated today.

visit www.set2build.com
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by arcahmad(m): 5:12pm On Apr 05, 2017
olumide4christ:

Well...what you know is what you know...

What I know is what I know...I believe that so many other construction professionals will agree with me....
Granite is a type of rock that is obtained from quarry site, which can be broken in to desired size by means of machine equipped with conveyor belt. While gravel is in natural size can not be broken, is usually smooth and brown in colour. This type of stone has a low interlocking properties unlike granite with angular shapes.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2017
The type of lintel employed here is a reinforced concrete structural member ( serving as a beam) that spans the space or opening between two vertical columns used to bridge windows and doors openings. It help to distribute the load of the two courses of block wall above it and its self weight to supporting columns and walls. It serve as horizontal braze component to the columns

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
Lintel and column formwork

here is the lintel and column formwork

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 12:45pm On Apr 11, 2017
More updates

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 12:47pm On Apr 11, 2017
More casting updates

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 12:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
After removal of formwork

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 12:52pm On Apr 11, 2017
Additional of two more block courses up to decking level

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by EfeEj(m): 2:22pm On Apr 11, 2017
Nice job Abdul,

This is really nice. Great structural insight here. I'm following.

I would like to ask why you decided to chain the lintel round the entire building instead of above the door and window openings.

Does this not increase the dead weight of the building unnecessarily?

Considering the economic situation it should be really expensive to do this.

What other advantage does this have apart from evenly spreading the load?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
EfeEj:
Nice job Abdul,

This is really nice. Great structural insight here. I'm following.

I would like to ask why you decided to chain the lintel round the entire building instead of above the door and window openings.

Does this not increase the dead weight of the building unnecessarily?

Considering the economic situation it should be really expensive to do this.

What other advantage does this have apart from evenly spreading the load?

Thank you my oga.

Chaining the lintel round for this type of structures give the house more robustness and make it more solid. Here are some of the advantages of chain lintel.

1. Distribute load to columns by avoiding over stressing the partition walls below the lintel and closer to doors and Windows openings. This ultimately help to prevent wall cracking closer to openings.

2. It make the house withstand vibration due to earth movement and serve as horizontal tie to the columns thereby improving the slenderness ratios of the column.

3.it enable future openings to be possible, you may want to open doors or Windows where there is non in future, this ring lintel will make it easier.

It doesn't necessarily increase the dead weight of the structure considering the fact that a 225mm thick lintel will only generate a dead load of about = 0.225 x 0.225 x24kN/m3 = 1.215kN/m which is considerably low and this load will be carried by the columns.

For cost, I think the advantages override whatever financial gain using the other type of lintel

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by folmus: 4:18pm On Apr 11, 2017
abdulwastecx:
After removal of formwork

Very neat!!! Welldone Abdul..

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Aventures(m): 9:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
abdulwastecx:

Thank you my oga.

Chaining the lintel round for this type of structures give the house more robustness and make it more solid. Here are some of the advantages of chain lintel.

1. Distribute load to columns by avoiding over stressing the partition walls below the lintel and closer to doors and Windows openings. This ultimately help to prevent wall cracking closer to openings.

2. It make the house withstand vibration due to earth movement and serve as horizontal tie to the columns thereby improving the slenderness ratios of the column.

3.it enable future openings to be possible, you may want to open doors or Windows where there is non in future, this ring lintel will make it easier.

It doesn't necessarily increase the dead weight of the structure considering the fact that a 225mm thick lintel will only generate a dead load of about = 0.225 x24kN/m3 = 5.4kN/m which is considerably low and this load will be carried by the columns.

For cost, I think the advantages override whatever financial gain using the other type of lintel
Nice concept bro, please permit me to disagree with some of your point.

The load is actually 0.225*0.225*24= 1.215kN/M. so the load multiply by the entire length covered with lintel if course could amount to some considerable weight. Since you will have beam at floor slab level.

Then with 225*225 column at 3m high, you will still highly acceptable slenderness ratio and robustness needed .

So I want to agree that this cost more and additional load, though I believe your foundation design can tolerate this load for sure.

Meanwhile I support your point no 3, it is a lot sensible and highly futuristic. Thumps up.

Anyways truth be told Good job.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 1:37am On Apr 12, 2017
Aventures:
Nice concept bro, please permit me to disagree with some of your point.

The load is actually 0.225*0.225*24= 1.215kN/M. so the load multiply by the entire length covered with lintel if course could amount to some considerable weight. Since you will have beam at floor slab level.

Then with 225*225 column at 3m high, you will still highly acceptable slenderness ratio and robustness needed .

So I want to agree that this cost more and additional load, though I believe your foundation design can tolerate this load for sure.

Meanwhile I support your point no 3, it is a lot sensible and highly futuristic. Thumps up.

Anyways truth be told Good job.

Thank you for pointing out that, I think the mistake was due to not proof reading my replies because I was busy when I wrote that but it has been corrected. Thanks anyway.

With respect to the weight of the ring lintel of 1.215kN/m is not that much for an equivalent weight of sancrete block filled with week concrete of around 1kN/m.

The load will not in the manner you insinuated, it will not be multiply by the entire length to get a point load. The load will act from column to columns acting like a continuous beam with very small load. It will also rest on the partion walls below as a uniformly distributed load of 1.215KN/m.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 2:31am On Apr 12, 2017
First floor slab work.
We have a small modification with the 3D design to give us good set back of complete six meters in the front, with small cantilever by the side.

This stage of work is divided into the following
1. Formwork
2. Iron bending work.
3. Electrical piping work
4. Plumbing waste pipe work
5. Casting of slab and beam.
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 2:38am On Apr 12, 2017
Formwork :

This involve placement of form mostly wood to form the beams and slab soffit.

For this particular work we are going to be doing the following.
1. Side boarding of beams
2. Placement of runners
4. Placement of bamboo support.
5. Placement of slab soffit
6. Making of the stair case
7. Placement of the side board of the slab.

Here are some of our starting materials :
Bamboo of about 300 pieces
1x12, 1x9 and 1x 7 of 250 ( considering the excess wood we have from the raft beam).

2 x 4 wood for runners of about 250 pieces.

2 bags of 3'' nail, 1 bag of 4'' nail, 1 bag of 2'' nail.
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 2:49am On Apr 12, 2017
Pictures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A PLOT URGENTLY AVAILABLE NOW AT AMEN ESTATE. CALL ME NOW! / World's Largest Building Opens In China / Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.