Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,243 members, 7,953,922 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:56 AM

Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 (6763 Views)

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award / PFA Player Of The Year Award 2011/2012 Nominees / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Borat1: 12:47pm On Dec 22, 2009
Messi should win it till 2013
The guy would surely feel bored playing next year
HE's won everything it sucks!!
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Krayola(m): 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2009
~Borat~:

The guy would surely feel bored playing next year
HE's won everything it sucks!!

I'm honestly worried about that. If it happens then we'll sell him. It will be sad to do but u never know in this football business. I hope Pep can keep him motivated. I like that he has a new role in the team now, and isn't just permanently stuck on the right wing. He's having to learn new things and improve his vision and passing so maybe the challenge will keep him on his toes. I don't want to see him go down Ronaldinho's path. That will just be heart-breaking.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by ogazi007(m): 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2009
v3:

Krayon,

So cuz Messi won the AWARD, everyone's no jerking off on Barca's account? shocked shocked

There's no need to trade words here, everyone knows a certain Fabregas was N.O.T.H.I.N.G when he left the shores of Catalunya/Barca as a 15/16 yr old or watever that placed is called!

I agree he's a product of barca's youth academy. . .but NOT an established player UNTIL Wenger made him the best AMC in the premiership! . . cool grin , Now Barca are creaming over themselves for him to come back home. .blatant rubbish! cool cool

If he lives, wht gives? PV left, Flamster left,in fact GREATS are made by the Arsenal and NOT that Catalunya Kalakuta club! cool

Arsenal's youth academy produces some of the best footie players in the world & Arsene turned seemingly UNKNOWNS into WORLD CLASS SUPERSTARS!

So pls hush when you talk about youth development cuz barca ain't NOWHERE near Arsenal in THAT department! cool

Are you kidding me?LA Masia that produced the likes of Ramon Alexanco,francisco jose,albert ferrer,pep(the magician)victor valdes,puyol,xavi,inesta,messi,pique,bojan,arteta,luis garcia,giovani dos santos, de la pena etcetecetc.
i do not know of any youth academy that could generate array of natural talent like barcelona youth academy.Pep is a living example.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 22, 2009
I knew he is going to win,
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Alxmyr(m): 2:14pm On Dec 22, 2009
A well deserved award, I am happy for the merciless Messi
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by ichommy(m): 2:23pm On Dec 22, 2009
Am not a barca fans, but the guy did a great job this season CONGRATULATION MESSI, cheesy
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by CarlosVent(m): 2:51pm On Dec 22, 2009
he more than deserves it
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by agabaI23(m): 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2009
FL Gators:

Messi won?
knew he would tongue tongue

Make we hear word. This is not American football. It does not look like basket ball either angry
Congrats to clinical messi!
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by ichommy(m): 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2009
Alxmyr:

A well deserved award, I am happy for the merciless Messi

grin merciless
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Youngichou(m): 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2009
It's ok he won and so fucking what. Abeg make we hear word we go see if him go carr'am next year. We no go hear word again MESSI WON FIFA WORLD BEST PLAYER. Stupid analyst
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2009
na wa o ! fifa first 11 drogba or eto no make the list , hmmmm na wa oh . sad

Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by princekevo(m): 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2009
Great honour to whom honour is due. He deserve the honour.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by deb(m): 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2009
A Well deserved award for Messi
, but when is a Nigerian player going to win this award?
What is happening to Olofinjana why can't he win it? lol grin grin shocked cheesy
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Emperoh(m): 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2009
FIFA first eleven is up for debate:

I have exceptions to their team

Casillas

Alves Vidic Terry Evra

Iniesta Gerard(Alonso or Kaka) Xavi

Ronaldo Torres(Etoo) El Mesias

Oblections? Any post should be based on last season's performance!!
The above is my team
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by aganaboos1: 4:15pm On Dec 22, 2009
I dreamt of this award and it came to pass.Thank you MESSI for making me smile again.See u soon in Barca.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Omolulu(m): 4:26pm On Dec 22, 2009
deb:

A Well deserved award for Messi
, but when is a Nigerian player going to win this award?
What is happening to Olofinjana why can't he win it? lol grin grin shocked cheesy
looooooooooool
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by kobikwelu(m): 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2009
Are you kidding me?LA Masia that produced the likes of Ramon Alexanco,francisco jose,albert ferrer,pep(the magician)victor valdes,puyol,xavi,inesta,messi,pique,bojan,arteta,luis garcia,giovani dos santos, de la pena etcetecetc.
i do not know of any youth academy that could generate array of natural talent like barcelona youth academy.Pep is a living example.

thank u my brother jare, tell am.
no mind that cow angry V3

how in the earth can u compare the two academies?

he shud first compare his with west ham academy that has produced the likes of john terry, lampard,joe cole, the ferdinands,carrick, dawson etc that has played the game at the highest levels.

as far as i am corncerned, neva in the history of the game has 3 nominees outta the top five come from the same ACADEMY!!!!! shocked FOR THE BEST PLAYER OF THE YEAR.

shud i add more,? luis enrique,nadal, sergi is from our youth system.all these peeps came up from the ranks and played till retirement  at the highest levels.

well, its not ur fault, trying to gain cheap attention comparing the two academies.

name one player from arsenal that came from the ranks (from his early teens i.e 10) to play at the highest level

PS: dont even tink of mentioning henry or anelka DIC#KHEAD angry
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by MUNEER2(m): 6:16pm On Dec 22, 2009
Congratulations to you mercy! grin

@Barca fans,
When are you guys gonna grow up? cos you ain't, lol cheesy
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by CrudeOil2(m): 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2009
An incredibly astounding player no doubt, he Deserved the award. But I prefer Cristiano Ronaldo to him.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by MUNEER2(m): 6:35pm On Dec 22, 2009
Crude Oil:

An incredibly astounding player no doubt, he Deserved the award. But I prefer Cristiano Ronaldo to him.
grin grin grin
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by slimes(m): 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2009
COngratulations for his efforts being rewarded.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Madukaele(m): 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2009
Messi na oga for football. ilove u mercilles messi, for more info about messi, breakingnewsgb..com

Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Sauron1: 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2009
Crude Oil:

Without a doubt, Ronaldo is the better player but Messi plays in a better team.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by kobikwelu(m): 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2009

oga sauron!!!

why do u think that ronaldo is a better player

or is it just personal prefrence.
lemme know your reasons.

me for 1 tink that ronaldo is  A CHEAT!!!! DIVING DIVA!!!!, HE IS LAZY!!! HE HARDLY TRACKS BACK!!!ARROGANT AND A SHOWOFF!! HE CANT HOLD A CANDLE TO RONALDO IN TERMS OF CLOSE CONTROL OF THE BALL,WORK ETHIC angry

did u see the margin he beat down ronaldo?? cos as at last year, there was an uproar that ronaldo who was not among the EURO starting eleven would win the award. shocked

and dont forget ronaldo played in man utd(the most feared team last yr, till they were tot a footballing la footballing lesson) grin
in the finale who did u notice??
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Sauron1: 8:07pm On Dec 22, 2009
kobikwelu:

oga sauron!!!
why do u think that ronaldo is a better player

Ronaldo has more weapon in his arsenal to hurt opponents than Messi.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by chika98: 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2009
Ronaldo is a pretty boy! Dang kiss kiss
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by dayokanu(m): 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2009
Ronaldo has more weapon in his arsenal to hurt opponents than Messi.

The number of weapons does not matter, How well you use the available weapon is what distinguishes a player.

Ronaldo Lima- The best striker of this generation doesnt use his head, He is never the free kick taker of choice.

But he was still acknowledged the best striker in this Generation.

The greatest striker of all time GERD MULLER was not even a 6 footer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Messias Shits on CR7 all day long. No wonder this one na hands down flogging
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Sauron1: 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2009
dayokanu:

El Messias Shits on CR7 all day long. No wonder this one na hands down flogging

Ronaldo also flogged Messi last season. . . . . .He won more individual awards, scored more goals, etc.
Only one name has been featuring in the past 3 seasons on FIFA awards/ Ballon d'Or.
That name is RONALDO.

For example, the goal against Porto is something 100000 Messis can never ever score.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by adebayo201: 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2009
Cr9. . . Wat a wondaful lad grin
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by dayokanu(m): 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2009
Ronaldo also flogged Messi last season. . . . . .He won more individual awards, scored more goals, etc.
Only one name has been featuring in the past 3 seasons on FIFA awards/ Ballon d'Or.
That name is RONALDO.

Tell us something. Messi in on his 6th trophy . CR7 did not win a Super Cup

For example, the goal against Porto is something 100000 Messis can never ever score.

For example the goal Messi scored against Getafe when he dribbled 5-6 players is something 5million CR7 can never do.

FIFA player of the year/Ballon D'or who cant make top 23 at the biggest event of the Year Euro 2008.

What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Sauron1: 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2009
dayokanu:

Tell us something. Messi in on his 6th trophy . CR7 did not win a Super Cup

That is a team effort. We are talking about individual awards here.

For example the goal Messi scored against Getafe when he dribbled 5-6 players is something 5million CR7 can never do.

Ronaldo scored those kinda goals for fun when he was 18/19.
Go to his Youtube videos and see him waltz past defenders and score.

Both are in Spain now. . . . .Ronaldo has banged 13 goals in 12 apps. . . . . .Messi is on 16 goals in 23 apps.
Messi has 2 goals in 6 apps in Europe, Ronaldo has 6 goals in 4 apps.
Who is the goal machine here despite being injured for 7 weeks in the autumn?

FIFA player of the year/Ballon D'or who cant make top 23 at the biggest event of the Year Euro 2008.

What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Messi the messiah proved himself worthless when he led Argentina to the greatest defeat in 2009.
Losing 1-6 to Bolivia in a competitive game is shameful.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by dayokanu(m): 8:57pm On Dec 22, 2009
Both are in Spain now. . . . .Ronaldo has banged 13 goals in 12 apps. . . . . .Messi is on 16 goals in 23 apps.
Messi has 2 goals in 6 apps in Europe, Ronaldo has 6 goals in 4 apps.
Who is the goal machine here despite being injured for 7 weeks in the autumn?

Messi not only scores goals but creates as well, Messi doesnt pride himself in being a goal machine but he is a better player.

Messi the messiah proved himself worthless when he led Argentina to the greatest defeat in 2009.
Losing 1-6 to Bolivia in a competitive game is shameful.

Portugal was only able to qualify because CR7 got injured, His woeful performance in Portuguese jersey is a pointer to that. Had he been fit, Portugal would have watched the WOrld cup on TV.

How can anyone explain Player of the year not in top 23!!!!!!!! of a tournament he played all through in his best year.

23 players were selected out of 368 and CR7 wasnt. Who knows maybe he wont have made top 100
Define That Pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Bournemouth (2 - 1) On 19th May 2024 / Sunderland Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On Saturday 11th February 2012 / Arsenal Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.