Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,432 members, 7,958,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:06 PM

Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 (6777 Views)

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award / PFA Player Of The Year Award 2011/2012 Nominees / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Sauron1: 9:11pm On Dec 22, 2009
dayokanu:

Messi not only scores goals but creates as well, Messi doesnt pride himself in being a goal machine but he is a better player.

Story of ma life. . . . . .Messi not only scores goals and a player who was out for 7 weeks is not far behind him on the scorer's charts.
U can make 10000 excuses for Messi, he does not come close to Ronaldo.
If you want a machine who can play anywhere in the forward line, Ronaldo is the answer.

Portugal was only able to qualify because CR7 got injured, His woeful performance in Portuguese jersey is a pointer to that. Had he been fit, Portugal would have watched the WOrld cup on TV.

More stories from Dayokanu. . . . . .
Argentina scraped through qualification by a margin thinner than the skin of Messi's teeth.
He was involved in all the games and his class never showed for once. . . . . .Maradona had to rely on rookies to bail him out.

How can anyone explain Player of the year not in top 23!!!!!!!! of a tournament he played all through in his best year.
23 players were selected out of 368 and CR7 wasnt. Who knows maybe he wont have made top 100
Define That Pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That can be put down to FATIGUE.
A winger that has already scored 42 goals(Outscoring all the strikers in Europe) and dragging his club to win the European Double is bound to tire.
Did Messi even outscore his peers in La Liga? No!!
Did he outscore his peers in Europe? No!!!
Did he score 40 goals last season? No!!!

What is the basis of comparison?
Ronaldo(2007/cool >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Messi(2008/9).
I rest ma case.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by agabaI23(m): 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2009
Ronaldo is a better player for me anyday. May be because I watched him do his thing week in and week out. Messi is not bad but I prefer Ronaldo's showmanship style.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Sauron1: 9:54pm On Dec 22, 2009
agabaI23:

Ronaldo is a better player for me anyday. May be because I watched him do his thing week in and week out. Messi is not bad but I prefer Ronaldo's showmanship style.

Ronaldo is a BEAST!!!!
It will take another 50 years for a winger to score 42 goals in Europe in one season.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsiMrl92RK0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"[/flash]
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by folly24: 10:18pm On Dec 22, 2009
i hope nigeria player listen or watching.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by uceee(m): 12:11am On Dec 23, 2009
Come on, Messi won the award on the day Barca won the champions league.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by mamagee3(f): 1:17am On Dec 23, 2009
Go Messi!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by agabaI23(m): 1:22am On Dec 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

Ronaldo is a BEAST!!!!
It will take another 50 years for a winger to score 42 goals in Europe in one season.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsiMrl92RK0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"[/flash]

Yea he is really good. Very unpredictable with the ball.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by MUZBO(m): 1:35am On Dec 23, 2009
Yea, even my 1000th post is dedicated to Messi! Incredible footballer.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by emmose(m): 5:24am On Dec 23, 2009
Exspected.
Kudos Dol!

Chelsea is on the way.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by eyoniggar(m): 7:20am On Dec 23, 2009
Saronu, you are on it again.
How many years will you continue to make this " out of jealousy" comparison?
Well your opinion counts, but it will never rule out the opinion of the multitudes
that knows messi is the better player.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by belelikfin(m): 8:25am On Dec 23, 2009
He surely do deserve this award considering how he deal with his opponents mercilessly.
Go messi.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Debroslink: 10:30am On Dec 23, 2009
I'VE NEVER SEEN RONALDO PERFORM EXCELLENTLY IN BIG MATCH SITUATIONS. HE'S A CHEAT AND A DIVER ANY DAY, EVEN THOUGH HE'S A GOOD FOOTBALLER. BUT LION MERCILESS IS A JOY TO WATCH ANYDAY. THEY SAID HE CAN'T SCORE AGAINST ENGLISH OPPOSITION, BUT HE SCORED D MOST IMPORTANT GOAL AGAINST D KINGS OF ENGLAND (MAN U ). HE CAN ALSO SCORE FREE KICKS ( AGAINST DYNAMO KIEV ). HE DRIBBLES 5-6 DEFENDERS WHEN GOAL-BOUND. HE EVEN SCORED WITH HIS CHEST ( WORLD CLUB FINAL GOAL ).

IF RONALDO WORTH 80M POUND DUE TO HIS PROFILE AND STATUS, MERCY LIONEL WORTH MUCH MORE ANYTIME ANYDAY ANYWHERE

ANCIENT GREAT FOOTBALLERS : PELE AND MARADONA, CURRENT GREAT FOOTBALLERS : LUIS RONALDO NAZARO DE LIMA AND ZINEDINE ZIDANE, FUTURE GREAT FOOTBALLERS : LIONEL MESSI AND CRISTIANO RONALDO
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by suxes2005(m): 11:15am On Dec 23, 2009
Messi really deserves the award . I'm a gunner 4 life oh!

SHALOM
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by djcrucifix(m): 11:43am On Dec 23, 2009
he deserves it.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by waledoy(m): 11:54am On Dec 23, 2009
Congratulation Messi! it is a well deserved crown.
hope a Blues[color=#000099][/color] rule soon
it is time we produce one
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by lawrence83: 11:56am On Dec 23, 2009
Its call a merit Award. . . . . He deserves it
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by coolguyz(m): 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2009
do u use goals as the only criteria in judging a player? well, i'v seen enough of CR's videos and they are impressive, but its all always about him. check Messi's clips on net as well and see his work rate, team play(hw many goal assists did CR had the whole of 2007/2008 season with his 42 goals?), dazzling skills. if the best goal award had been inaugurated prior to now, i'm sure Messi would have won it with his goal against getafe which on record only maradona did same.

Messi has been more consistent (World footballer 2008 runner up last year which was shrouded in controversy) and first time such a consensus would be reached beating CR to second place with hw many point both at the ballon d'or and fifa player awards. . . . . . .and he has been on world stage since when hw many of his peers have matched it. . .he's just 22yrs. . . more chances that he'l crowned over and over again.

and to crown it, he has more laurels that CR can only dream he had - golden ball award U-20 in 2005, U-20 world cup - 2005, olympic gold medal, 2ce he has kissed the champs league cup and now has won 6 trophies in same year at least he and his team has beaten every footballer or club to it.

lets praise who deserves to be praised - Messi. . . a king yet unborn!
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by kobikwelu(m): 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2009
I[b]'VE NEVER SEEN RONALDO PERFORM EXCELLENTLY IN BIG MATCH SITUATIONS. HE'S A CHEAT AND A DIVER ANY DAY,[/b]

tell am , i no fit shout cool

Story of ma life. . . . . .Messi not only scores goals and a player who was out for 7 weeks is not far behind him on the scorer's charts.
U can make 10000 excuses for Messi, he does not come close to Ronaldo.
If you want a machine who can play anywhere in the forward line, Ronaldo is the answer.

mr SURON, check the goal breakdown for both teams: higuan and ronaldo scores 90 percent of their goals

Ronaldo is a BEAST!!!!

ermmm, first nisteroy scored close to that

2ndly, dont forget that a better percentage of  his goals were from penalties,
last season, eto took barca penalties.

hat can be put down to FATIGUE.
A winger that has already scored 42 goals(Outscoring all the strikers in Europe) and dragging his club to win the European Double is bound to tire.
Did Messi even outscore his peers in La Liga? No!!
Did he outscore his peers in Europe? No!!!
Did he score 40 goals last season? No!!!

now i know ur desperate
why are u making excuses was he the only footballer that had a long season was he the only one fatigued
pls say sumtin else

Messi the messiah proved himself worthless when he led Argentina to the greatest defeat in 2009.
Losing 1-6 to Bolivia in a competitive game is shameful.

HABA!!! is that a criteria a match that is played  in rarefied air. thousands of feet above sea level
fifa had initially banned that stadium for health concerns.
even spain would be thrashed in that stadium.

messi scored the goal of the decade against getafe, it was reminiscent of maradona's wonder goal.
make ronaldo try am for serious match.
pls dont compare.
messi is learning the playmaker role, is learning how to improve himsef better but ronaldo looks at the mirror and combs his hair
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by adebayo201: 3:04pm On Dec 23, 2009
Ori e pe grin cheesy
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Sauron1: 4:41pm On Dec 23, 2009
kobikwelu:

I[b]'VE NEVER SEEN RONALDO PERFORM EXCELLENTLY IN BIG MATCH SITUATIONS. HE'S A CHEAT AND A DIVER ANY DAY,[/b]
tell am , i no fit shout cool

Ronaldo single-handedly destroyed Arsenal in the CL-semifinal last season while Messi played no part against Chelsea over 2 legs,

mr SURON, check the goal breakdown for both teams: higuan and ronaldo scores 90 percent of their goals

Exactly ma point.
With Ronaldo, you have productivity.
He has scored more goals than he has played for Real Madrid. . . . .It's ridiculous.

ermmm, first nisteroy scored close to that

Firstly, Nistelrooy is an out n out striker, Ronaldo is a winger.
Besides that, Ronaldo scored 42 goals in 48 appearances. Nistelrooy scored 44 in 52apps.
It's a ridiculous amount of goals from a winger.

2ndly, dont forget that a better percentage of  his goals were from penalties,
last season, eto took barca penalties.

Scoring penalties is even difficult than scoring tap-ins from 2 yards.

now i know your desperate
why are u making excuses was he the only footballer that had a long season was he the only one fatigued
pls say sumtin else

He was the only footballer required to drag his team to WIN the European Double in 2007/8.
Messi fell off in the semi-finals after Ronaldo's team eliminated them and that was after he was out for 3 months.
Which other striker in Europe had a brilliant domestic season and went on to dominate in the Euros?
We all saw what became of Messi in the qualifiers in South America? He was too tired to show his worth/

HABA!!! is that a criteria a match that is played  in rarefied air. thousands of feet above sea level
fifa had initially banned that stadium for health concerns.
even spain would be thrashed in that stadium.

Chile, Ecuador and Venezuela won in the same stadium.
Messi has no excuse. He failed to impress.

messi scored the goal of the decade against getafe, it was reminiscent of maradona's wonder goal.
make ronaldo try am for serious match.

Serious match? So Getafe are world champions now?
Ronaldo has scored similar type of goals and how can Messi's goal against Getafe be the goal of the decade.
Go and watch Grafite's goal against Bayern or Nistelrooy's goal against Fulham.

pls dont compare.
messi is learning the playmaker role, is learning how to improve himsef better but ronaldo looks at the mirror and combs his hair

Story!!!
Messi did not win the golden boot in La Liga, he did not win the golden shoe in Europe.
Ronaldo won more individual titles than Messi. . .won FIFA awards and the Ballon d'Or.
The season Messi came 2nd, he won nothing.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by zikhigh: 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2009
he deserved it, 3 barca players nominated, messi(1st)[1073],ronaldo(2nd)[300+], what a massive difference
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by vislabraye(m): 2:09am On Dec 24, 2009
He deserves it. No controversy.

Why comparing Messi and Ron ?

Ronaldo plans to set up a diving academy after his career comes to an end.
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by ladej(m): 2:13am On Dec 24, 2009
as usual people tend to deviate from the main issue. messi is both the balloon dor winner and FIFA world player of the year, incidentally barca also won 6 titles in one calendar year. lets not compare him to ronaldo or anyone else. give the guy his due props and move on to the next topic. sometimes football is not about stats, but about emotion and magic, which messi has in abundance. congrats to messi
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 24, 2009
Make we hear word. This is not American football. It does not look like basket ball either angry
LOL agaba, I know na. If  na American Football, Tim Tebow woulda won cool cool cool
Re: Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 by eyoniggar(m): 2:00am On Dec 26, 2009
In a non-debatable issue like this, you'll always
come across the likes of hell boi, sauron the stubborn he-goat
bred as a fetus in the devils womb who proclaims false facts n
spread deceits with convincing grammatical commands.
Red devil, you a liar. We nor pack u chop!!! tongue tongue

El-Mesias now and for a worthy while. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Aston Villa [7 - 1] on Saturday, 27th March At 4pm Nig time / Chelsea Vs Bournemouth (2 - 1) On 19th May 2024 / Sunderland Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On Saturday 11th February 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.