Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled (44264 Views)

Apparently MMM is back, Apparently MMM is about to Crash. / #twink-as Will Crash Soon. Nonsense / Donation Hub Will Soon Crash!!! Be Warned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by olusma23(m): 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YORUBA DADDIES AND YORUBA MUMMIES. . . PHONE CALL WITH A TYPICAL YORUBA DADDY . Son: Hello, Sir! Dad: Hello. How far? Bawo ni? Son: Mo wa okay. Bawo ni day yin, Sir? Dad: O lo daada. Ise nko? Son: Ise wa daada. Mummy nko? Dad: O wa. Just be fine. God bless you. Son: Okay, Sir. Dad: A tun ma soro... Later. . . . PHONE WITH A TYPICAL YORUBA MOTHER: . Son: Hello, Ma! Mum: Hello... Oko mi... Akanni omo ologun eru... (she keeps eulogising for the next five minutes) Son: (cuts in) Mummy, se e wa daada? Bawo ni gbogbo ile? Mum: Mo wa. Ko pe ti mo de lati church. A ni special women programme. Look, gbogbo yin ni mo gb'adura fun, mo ti ri'yin bo'nu eje Jesu. Oju ko'ju kan koni wo'yin. It shall be well with all of you. Pastor even asked of you, we prayed for you together. Woo, mo ri ore e kan, e jo ma n wo pata sere ni kekere ni. Omo iya Kayode to wa ni... Son: (cuts in) Mummy, ko pe ti mo d'ele lati office. O re mi. Mo fe lo rest. Mummy: Haa... Pele oko mi. Se stress office po'ju ni? Nkan ma waa ni oro wala ibi ise yin yi ooo. Se o ti jeun? Ki l'ori je bayi? Se o lo ogun malaria yen? Neck pain yen nko? Se ese to fi gba okuta ni 2012 yen o ro e mo... Son : Ko si wahala, mo ti je noddles. Mummy: Haa! Iwo omo yi. Indomie again!!!? Oo ni oro gbo. O se obe ni? Duro. Voice e lo s'ile... Kilode? O n bami ja ni? Son: Rara Ma. O ti remi ni. Mummy: Awwww! Oya lo we, ko de lo ogun e before you sleep. And make sure you sleep on time. L'oruko Jesu, wa goke, waa de ibi giga, owo Olorun a di e mu... Son: Amin Ma Mummy: L'oruko Jesu, inu rere wa ma tan imole fun e. Son: Amin Mummy: L'oruko Jesu o ni si ise se, waa maari aanu gba. O ni daran. Won o ni koba e. O ni sise. Ise e o ni baje. Oluwasegun la so e, oruko e ma ro e... Son: Amin, Amin, Amin, Amin (Like 10 Amins, thinking she would know I was getting bored already) Mummy: L'oruko Jesu, oo ni subu... Ona to si, Olorun a je ko si d'ale... Son: Amin (Talking through my nose. Heard Dad's voice in the background) Dad: Je ki omo yi lo sun now. Mummy: Lo sun, oko mi. L'oruko Jesu awon Angeli ma daabo bo e l'oju orun. Ti o ba ji, won o ni fi e sile. Son: Hello... Hello, Hello mummy. Network yi o. Hello.......(Pretending network is bad) (ends the call). Son returns from the bathroom and picks phone: 12 missed calls from Mummy. Mummies wahala is too much.. but they are more caring. Kudos to all the good mothers and mothers to be (Quote ) ( Report) 1 Like ( Like ) ( Share) R

1 Like

Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by smudge2079(m): 2:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
So @OP u are feeling like Paul the Octopus shey? Smh... We are know all Ponzi schemes can neva be sustainable. What is it with you and the "I told u so" attitude?
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
The era of Ponzi schemes will soon be over. Disillusioned peeps are posting irrelevant stuffs on this thread. However the truth cannot be silenced.
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by hartson(m): 2:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
Almost when I found the anwers the questions changed
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by antontech(m): 3:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
sgtponzihater:

What of people it left frustrated as they couldn't pay their fees and lost their admission or even couldn't write their exams. Why did GHWW claim they were stable when they were not.

And who told u they couldn't write exams or pay their fees. GHW is the best site i have seen where the admin are not greedy and members pay u without even calling u.

4 Likes

Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by eph12(m): 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
kenonze:
grin

U are technically correct but for the genuine participants, they understands who the scheme works.
They are back on a new platform.
We all know it's a Ponzi scheme we don't expect it to last forever but we try our best to protect it while it last.
How do you protect a ponzi scheme from crashing? You just postponing the evil days dazal
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by Kalusha44: 3:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
Chaulay1:
How to Deal with Complainers, Whiners and Pessimists

Negativity is contagious. Even if you start off in a good mood, talking to a complainer or pessimist can turn a good day into a bad one.

That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t listen to other people’s problems. Supporting each other through hard times is an important part of a good relationship. But talking through problems is different from the repetitive, unproductive negativity of chronic complainers. You know you are talking to a negative person when you feel tired during the conversation…you start feeling as powerless and victimized as he does…you notice yourself wanting to avoid the person because of the gloom that follows him/her around.

Most pessimists and whiners aren’t trying to ruin your day. In fact, they often aren’t aware of the negative ­effect they have on other people. After sharing their unhappiness, frustration or disenchantment with life, they feel temporary relief. They don’t consider the possibility that the behavior bringing them such relief causes other people to feel worse.

They also may not be aware that by venting their gripes, they alienate others, further increasing their loneliness and dissatisfaction and increasing their sense of powerlessness.

To protect your emotional health, it’s a good idea to minimize the time you spend with negative people. But if the complainer is someone you work with or is a friend or relative you care about, staying out of the person’s path may not be practical or desirable.

Several simple tactics can keep a pessimist from wearing you out. Some techniques work better than others depending on the person, relationship and situation, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different methods.

Important: Keep your tone matter of fact and pleasant. If your voice carries a hint of scolding, shaming or condescension, these strategies won’t work.

How to keep a complainer from dragging you down…

Quit Problem-Solving

The chronic complainer doesn’t want advice on how to improve his situation. He wants company in his downbeat view of the world. Even if he asks for your input, you are likely to wind up in a spiral where all your suggestions are rejected or lead to new complaints, and both of you will get progressively more annoyed.

Instead, ask in a friendly tone, “Are you looking for advice, or do you need to vent? If venting would be helpful, I can listen for five minutes. After that, I’ll have to do something else or I will wind up in a bad mood—and that won’t be good for either of us.”

Another option is to let the person complain for a minute or two, then say in a friendly tone, “Gosh, what a drag. What are you going to do now?” If the person says he has no idea or asks what you think, say pleasantly, “Hey, my advice only works for me. It’s your life, and I know you can figure this out. Keep me posted on how it goes.”

Deflect

Practice a few quick, light or even playful phrases that you can choose from to change the subject from negative to positive. Examples…

• “Wow, Mom, the doctor kept you waiting at the nursing home—sorry to hear it. What did he say is causing the pain in your hip?”
• “That does sound like something to complain about. Tell me something that’s going right. There’s so much negativity in the world, it’s starting to get to me, and some positive news would be a big help.”

• If you’re in a group that’s complaining: “Hey, everybody, we’re becoming a tad negative. Given the state of the world, we have more to be thankful for than upset about. Can we change the subject?”
Empathize

If you feel yourself being pulled into the other person’s negative view, say in a compassionate tone, “You’re doing a good job of helping me feel what it feels like to be you. I’m sorry you have to deal with all that.”

For a person who probably doesn’t receive many compliments and who feels alone in his unhappiness, this simple expression of empathy may provide the affirmation that he needs to let go of the negative topic for the time being.

Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by NosoChic: 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
Grabbing my popcorn.

Where's my popcorn. ...
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by grizzz(m): 3:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
Sgt ponzihater, We all know you are lalastica or Seun himself, Una no fit just prosper, Nairaland can and will never receive traffic anymore like before because you have shown to be fools by not minding your business and the whole front page is full of bullshit

1 Like

Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
CC Lalastica kindly do something about those derailing the thread.
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by grizzz(m): 3:23pm On Mar 24, 2017

Negativity is contagious. Even if you start off in a good mood, talking to a complainer or pessimist can turn a good day into a bad one.

That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t listen to other people’s problems. Supporting each other through hard times is an important part of a good relationship. But talking through problems is different from the repetitive, unproductive negativity of chronic complainers. You know you are talking to a negative person when you feel tired during the conversation…you start feeling as powerless and victimized as he does…you notice yourself wanting to avoid the person because of the gloom that follows him/her around.

Most pessimists and whiners aren’t trying to ruin your day. In fact, they often aren’t aware of the negative ­effect they have on other people. After sharing their unhappiness, frustration or disenchantment with life, they feel temporary relief. They don’t consider the possibility that the behavior bringing them such relief causes other people to feel worse.

They also may not be aware that by venting their gripes, they alienate others, further increasing their loneliness and dissatisfaction and increasing their sense of powerlessness.

To protect your emotional health, it’s a good idea to minimize the time you spend with negative people. But if the complainer is someone you work with or is a friend or relative you care about, staying out of the person’s path may not be practical or desirable.

Several simple tactics can keep a pessimist from wearing you out. Some techniques work better than others depending on the person, relationship and situation, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different methods.

Important: Keep your tone matter of fact and pleasant. If your voice carries a hint of scolding, shaming or condescension, these strategies won’t work.

Quit Problem-Solving

The chronic complainer doesn’t want advice on how to improve his situation. He wants company in his downbeat view of the world. Even if he asks for your input, you are likely to wind up in a spiral where all your suggestions are rejected or lead to new complaints, and both of you will get progressively more annoyed.

Instead, ask in a friendly tone, “Are you looking for advice, or do you need to vent? If venting would be helpful, I can listen for five minutes. After that, I’ll have to do something else or I will wind up in a bad mood—and that won’t be good for either of us.”

Another option is to let the person complain for a minute or two, then say in a friendly tone, “Gosh, what a drag. What are you going to do now?” If the person says he has no idea or asks what you think, say pleasantly, “Hey, my advice only works for me. It’s your life, and I know you can figure this out. Keep me posted on how it goes.”

Deflect

Practice a few quick, light or even playful phrases that you can choose from to change the subject from negative to positive. Examples…

• “Wow, Mom, the doctor kept you waiting at the nursing home—sorry to hear it. What did he say is causing the pain in your hip?”
• “That does sound like something to complain about. Tell me something that’s going right. There’s so much negativity in the world, it’s starting to get to me, and some positive news would be a big help.”

• If you’re in a group that’s complaining: “Hey, everybody, we’re becoming a tad negative. Given the state of the world, we have more to be thankful for than upset about. Can we change the subject?”
Empathize

If you feel yourself being pulled into the other person’s negative view, say in a compassionate tone, “You’re doing a good job of helping me feel what it feels like to be you. I’m sorry you have to deal with all that.”

For a person who probably doesn’t receive many compliments and who feels alone in his unhappiness, this simple expression of empathy may provide the affirmation that he needs to let go of the negative topic for the time being.
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by grizzz(m): 3:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Quit Problem-Solving

Deflect

Empathize

Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by Rooneyboy(m): 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
kfrosh:
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YORUBA DADDIES AND YORUBA MUMMIES. . . PHONE CALL WITH A TYPICAL YORUBA DADDY . Son: Hello, Sir! Dad: Hello. How far? Bawo ni? Son: Mo wa okay. Bawo ni day yin, Sir? Dad: O lo daada. Ise nko? Son: Ise wa daada. Mummy nko? Dad: O wa. Just be fine. God bless you. Son: Okay, Sir. Dad: A tun ma soro... Later. . . . PHONE WITH A TYPICAL YORUBA MOTHER: . Son: Hello, Ma! Mum: Hello... Oko mi... Akanni omo ologun eru... (she keeps eulogising for the next five minutes) Son: (cuts in) Mummy, se e wa daada? Bawo ni gbogbo ile? Mum: Mo wa. Ko pe ti mo de lati church. A ni special women programme. Look, gbogbo yin ni mo gb'adura fun, mo ti ri'yin bo'nu eje Jesu. Oju ko'ju kan koni wo'yin. It shall be well with all of you. Pastor even asked of you, we prayed for you together. Woo, mo ri ore e kan, e jo ma n wo pata sere ni kekere ni. Omo iya Kayode to wa ni... Son: (cuts in) Mummy, ko pe ti mo d'ele lati office. O re mi. Mo fe lo rest. Mummy: Haa... Pele oko mi. Se stress office po'ju ni? Nkan ma waa ni oro wala ibi ise yin yi ooo. Se o ti jeun? Ki l'ori je bayi? Se o lo ogun malaria yen? Neck pain yen nko? Se ese to fi gba okuta ni 2012 yen o ro e mo... Son : Ko si wahala, mo ti je noddles. Mummy: Haa! Iwo omo yi. Indomie again!!!? Oo ni oro gbo. O se obe ni? Duro. Voice e lo s'ile... Kilode? O n bami ja ni? Son: Rara Ma. O ti remi ni. Mummy: Awwww! Oya lo we, ko de lo ogun e before you sleep. And make sure you sleep on time. L'oruko Jesu, wa goke, waa de ibi giga, owo Olorun a di e mu... Son: Amin Ma Mummy: L'oruko Jesu, inu rere wa ma tan imole fun e. Son: Amin Mummy: L'oruko Jesu o ni si ise se, waa maari aanu gba. O ni daran. Won o ni koba e. O ni sise. Ise e o ni baje. Oluwasegun la so e, oruko e ma ro e... Son: Amin, Amin, Amin, Amin (Like 10 Amins, thinking she would know I was getting bored already) Mummy: L'oruko Jesu, oo ni subu... Ona to si, Olorun a je ko si d'ale... Son: Amin (Talking through my nose. Heard Dad's voice in the background) Dad: Je ki omo yi lo sun now. Mummy: Lo sun, oko mi. L'oruko Jesu awon Angeli ma daabo bo e l'oju orun. Ti o ba ji, won o ni fi e sile. Son: Hello... Hello, Hello mummy. Network yi o. Hello.......(Pretending network is bad) (ends the call). Son returns from the bathroom and picks phone: 12 missed calls from Mummy. Mummies wahala is too much.. but they are more caring. Kudos to all the good mothers and mothers to be (Quote ) ( Report) 1 Like ( Like ) ( Share) R

I like this your article , but please can you translate for me cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by bruchaga6(m): 3:27pm On Mar 24, 2017

Quit Problem-Solving

Deflect

Empathize

108. sgtponzihater: Quote Post
107. grizzz(m): Quote Post
Sgt ponzihater, We all know you are lalastica or Seun himself, Una no fit just prosper, Nairaland can and will never receive traffic anymore like before because you have shown to be fools by not minding your business and the whole front page is full of bullshit
106. NosoChic(f): Quote Post
Grabbing my popcorn.

Where's my popcorn. ...
105. Kalusha44: Quote Post
Chaulay1:

Quit Problem-Solving

Deflect

Empathize

For a pers

IN SUMMARY :
GHWX ROCKS !

1 Like

Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by akanbiaa(m): 3:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
sgtponzihater:

What of people it left frustrated as they couldn't pay their fees and lost their admission or even couldn't write their exams. Why did GHWW claim they were stable when they were not.
People like you create 500 accounts and PH 2million each and upload fake prove of payment and scare those who dont know but you have been disgraced now that they have moved to a more security powered site with lots of verifications to stop your kind from spoiling the peer to peer donation platform.

3 Likes

Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by andycurrency: 3:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
(Quote ) ( Report) ( Like ) ( Share)
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by
kfrosh: 3:04pm
BREAKING NEWS: TRUE CONFESSION: QUEEN ESTHER FINALLY OPENS UP ON APOSTLE SULEIMAN'S SEX SCANDAL; LINKS GOVERNOR EL-RUFAI AND FESTUS KEYAMO AS MASTERMINDS
My name is Queen Esther. I'm from COTONOU. I used to live in Kaduna State. I'm a commercial sex worker. I stayed in one of the Hotels in OBALENDE area, by CONSTITUTION ROAD, Kaduna.
A man came to me about two months ago, just like other fun seekers. He didn't make love to me, but instead asked for only blow-job. I gave him so much of it until he was satisfied. He later engaged me into a discussion after paying me the sum of #10,000 (Ten thousand naira only) without asking for my price; unlike other customers who would first of all bargain before the action. I was amazed at his generosity. He then smiled at me, and promised to make me rich if only I can do one small job for his boss who just arrived Kaduna from Abuja that night. Without thinking twice, I agreed to meet his Oga and do the simple job.
We had few bottles of drinks while he kept on making calls and was answering ok sir, yes sir and all of that. Around past 12:00 mid night, we drove in his car to one SEA-BREEZE HOTEL at BARNAWA GRA around Kaduna South. He introduced me to one Mr. Festus as his boss. I immediately fell in love with the man due to his handsomeness. The man then told me that I'm now a millionaire, and that he would take me along to see Governor E-Rufai whom he was to hold a meeting with that same night. He asked me where I came from, and I told him I'm from COTONOU; then he smiled at his boy who brought me. He then said to me that I'm the best person for the job; since I'm not a Nigerian. That they could easily settle me to return back and enjoy my wealth in COTONOU after the job is successfully done.
His boy who brought me eventually excused us, and Mr. Festus asked me for the same Blow-job; which I also gave him so hard. He was happy with me. Then, around 2:00 mid night, we drove to see Governor El-Rufai. We met him in one beautiful house. The Governor said I will become very rich if I help him bring down one of his enemies in this country. I agreed to do it. He then said that Mr. Festus will coach me on what to do. He handed me #100,000. (One hundred thousand naira) and we left back to SEA-BREEZE HOTEL.
Mr. Festus and his boy told me that the job is for me to claim that I am a sexual mistress to one Pastor Suleiman who was a Muslim before, but now a Pastor. I agreed; but when they said I will appear on Television to say it, I refused. Reason being that my parents and family members are not aware that I'm into prostitution in Nigeria. They believe I'm living in Lagos and working as a House-Maid.
When Mr. Festus got angry that I had declined, he brought out a small gun and threatened to kill me if I failed to do the job. I started crying and begging them to let me go. He collected all the money on me that night and asked his boy to go and drop me. His boy started talking to me that if I don't agree to do the job, I should leave Nigeria, because the Governor will be angry with his boss and Festus will kill me.
He dropped me off and left. I later relocated to KABUSA VILLAGE in Abuja to continue my hustling for fear of being killed by those men. I got over that trauma and moved on with life after that terrifying experience. But over a week ago, my friend in the same hotel was showing me some things on her phone. When I saw the face of that man (Mr. Festus) I quickly remembered the experience and told my friend the story.
I also remembered that Mr. Festus told me about his girlfriend in canada who had returned to Nigeria for the same job. He said the other girl would be firing from Lagos, while I will be doing my own there in Kaduna.
But one thing that stopped me from agreeing to do the job was that I was to appear on Television, and that would have exposed me to the whole world. I told him that if I do it, I will never have peace in my life. And that it will stop me from getting married later in the future. More so, I was not ready to go back to COTONOU. My friend showed me so many things happening on the internet through her phone. I now saw the picture of Apostle Johnson Suleiman, Mr. Festus Keyamo, Stephanie Otobo, and even Governor El-Rufai. That was how I remembered everything that happened about two months ago.
I told my friend the whole story and she revealed it to other girls in our hotel.
THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER: I'm the authentic Queen Esther that was to execute this job. The lady parading her self on media is hired to replace me. I just got to know that it is a Powerful man of God that they are trying to bring down. My friend even told me that the man of God (Apostle Johnson Suleiman) is a good man. That he can change my life forever. I don't know how journalist located me. May be my friend went and called you people that I'm here.
CONFESSION: These whole story on the internet about the man of God is a big lie. The man is innocent. I can say it boldly. Because I was afraid of doing the job, Festus used a gun to threaten me and collected my money that night. Now, they have gotten some people who have the mind to do such a thing. But this people will not know peace in their life for plotting to bring down a man of God who is good and kind to people.
I am ready to come out now and tell the world the whole truth. My friend is a Christian and I'm also a Christian. She has briefed me about some issues that happened between the man of God and Kaduna State Governor. I now understand why they want to bring him down.
God hav[truncated by WhatsApp]
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by akanbiaa(m): 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
Every GHW members that gets money should state their testiomonies here. Nairaland helping with free adverts o
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by akanbiaa(m): 3:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
If you need comprehensive explanation and for i to be your sponsor on GHWX to guide you and add you to my whatsapp group, you can Check my signature and send me whatsapp message just say Wealth Tycoon am from Nairaland GHW and start the process of financial freedom.
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by andycurrency: 3:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
Most pessimists and whiners aren’t trying to ruin your day. In fact, they often aren’t aware of the negative effect they have on other people. After sharing their unhappiness, frustration or disenchantment with life, they feel temporary relief. They don’t consider the possibility that the behavior bringing them such relief causes other people to feel worse.
Quit Problem-Solving
Deflect
Empathize
108. sgtponzihater: Quote Post
107. grizzz(m): Quote Post
106. NosoChic(f): Quote Post
Grabbing my popcorn.
Where's my popcorn. ...
105. Kalusha44: Quote Post
Chaulay1:
Most pessimists and whiners aren’t trying to ruin your day. In fact, they often aren’t aware of the negative effect they have on other people. After sharing their unhappiness, frustration or disenchantment with life, they feel temporary relief. They don’t consider the possibility that the behavior bringing them such relief causes other people to feel worse.
Quit Problem-Solving
Deflect
Empathize
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by grizzz(m): 3:39pm On Mar 24, 2017

Quit Problem-Solving

Deflect

Empathize

1 Like

Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by borntosuccess(m): 3:43pm On Mar 24, 2017
Chaulay1:
continuation.......
Ask for Change

If the relationship is in danger of deteriorating, a more active intervention may be needed. Use an approach I call assertive humility—clearly stating what you need by asking for help.

What to say: “I need your help. You’re a special person to me, yet I find myself wanting to avoid you. The reason is that every time we talk, I feel unhappy during the conversation and for a while afterward. It seems to me that you focus more on the negative than the positive, and that’s hard on me. Before I get to the point where I say something harsh or actively avoid you, I’d like to make a request. When we’re together, I need to hear about at least one thing that’s going right in your life. Would you be willing to try that?”

Dealing with Truly Toxic People

The above techniques work well with garden-variety pessimists. With even stronger toxic negativity, you need to take a different approach.

The toxic person isn’t looking for support but for control. He gains that control by throwing you off balance with upsetting, manipulative or irrational behavior.

You are dealing with a toxic person if he claims that his negative circumstances are your fault…goes beyond complaining to criticize or verbally attack you…twists your words so that you end up confused and frustrated.

Simple strategy: While the toxic person is ranting, look him in the eye neutrally and nonconfrontationally. When he’s done, pause for two to four seconds—a little longer than is customary in conversation. Then, in a matter-of-fact tone, say one of the following…

“Do you want to run that by me again?”

• “Would you say that to me again in a quieter voice?”

• “Do you actually believe what you just said?”

These responses work because they let the toxic person know that you are onto him and won’t be provoked into an argument or outburst.
Source: Mark Goulston, MD, psychiatrist, former FBI and ­police hostage negotiation trainer who has written numerous books, including Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone and Talking to Crazy: How to Deal with the ­Irrational and Impossible People in Your Life. He cohosts the NPR show It’s Your Health. MarkGoulston.com

I hope this helps.....
epic

1 Like

Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by andycurrency: 3:43pm On Mar 24, 2017
continuation.......
Ask for Change

If the relationship is in danger of deteriorating, a more active intervention may be needed. Use an approach I call assertive humility—clearly stating what you need by asking for help.

What to say: “I need your help. You’re a special person to me, yet I find myself wanting to avoid you. The reason is that every time we talk, I feel unhappy during the conversation and for a while afterward. It seems to me that you focus more on the negative than the positive, and that’s hard on me. Before I get to the point where I say something harsh or actively avoid you, I’d like to make a request. When we’re together, I need to hear about at least one thing that’s going right in your life. Would you be willing to try that?”

Dealing with Truly Toxic People

The above techniques work well with garden-variety pessimists. With even stronger toxic negativity, you need to take a different approach.

The toxic person isn’t looking for support but for control. He gains that control by throwing you off balance with upsetting, manipulative or irrational behavior.

You are dealing with a toxic person if he claims that his negative circumstances are your fault…goes beyond complaining to criticize or verbally attack you…twists your words so that you end up confused and frustrated.

Simple strategy: While the toxic person is ranting, look him in the eye neutrally and nonconfrontationally. When he’s done, pause for two to four seconds—a little longer than is customary in conversation. Then, in a matter-of-fact tone, say one of the following…

“Do you want to run that by me again?”

• “Would you say that to me again in a quieter voice?”

• “Do you actually believe what you just said?”

These responses work because they let the toxic person know that you are onto him and won’t be provoked into an argument or outburst.
Source: Mark Goulston, MD, psychiatrist, former FBI and ­police hostage negotiation trainer who has written numerous books, including Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone and Talking to Crazy: How to Deal with the ­Irrational and Impossible People in Your Life. He cohosts the NPR show It’s Your Health. MarkGoulston.com
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by andycurrency: 3:49pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dog

Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by Equado(m): 4:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
Noticed how suicide rate has increased since the introduction of Ponzi schemes?
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by RELAN2446(m): 4:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ghwx did nt crash na, y broadcasting rumour up nd down. If u crash tomorrow nw pple will b pitying u nt knowing is ur handwork dt kill u
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN
YORUBA DADDIES AND YORUBA MUMMIES.
PHONE CALL WITH A TYPICAL YORUBA DADDY
Son: Hello, Sir!

Dad: Hello. How far? Bawo ni?

Son: Mo wa okay. Bawo ni day yin, Sir?

Dad: O lo daada. Ise nko?

Son: Ise wa daada. Mummy nko?

Dad: O wa. Just be fine. God bless you.

Son: Okay, Sir.

Dad: A tun ma soro... Later.
PHONE WITH A TYPICAL YORUBA MOTHER:
Son: Hello, Ma!

Mum: Hello... Oko mi... Akanni omo ologun eru... (she keeps eulogising for the next five minutes)

Son: (cuts in) Mummy, se e wa daada? Bawo ni gbogbo ile?

Mum: Mo wa. Ko pe ti mo de lati church. A ni special women programme. Look, gbogbo yin ni mo gb'adura fun, mo ti ri'yin bo'nu eje Jesu. Oju ko'ju kan koni wo'yin. It shall be well with all of you. Pastor even asked of you, we prayed for you together. Woo, mo ri ore e kan, e jo ma n wo pata sere ni kekere ni. Omo iya Kayode to wa ni...

Son: (cuts in) Mummy, ko pe ti mo d'ele lati office. O re mi. Mo fe lo rest.

Mummy: Haa... Pele oko mi. Se stress office po'ju ni? Nkan ma waa ni oro wala ibi ise yin yi ooo. Se o ti jeun? Ki l'ori je bayi? Se o lo ogun malaria yen? Neck pain yen nko? Se ese to fi gba okuta ni 2012 yen o ro e mo...

Son : Ko si wahala, mo ti je noddles.

Mummy: Haa! Iwo omo yi. Indomie again!!!? Oo ni oro gbo. O se obe ni? Duro. Voice e lo s'ile... Kilode? O n bami ja ni?

Son: Rara Ma. O ti remi ni.

Mummy: Awwww! Oya lo we, ko de lo ogun e before you sleep. And make sure you sleep on time. L'oruko Jesu, wa goke, waa de ibi giga, owo Olorun a di e mu...

Son: Amin Ma

Mummy: L'oruko Jesu, inu rere wa ma tan imole fun e.

Son: Amin

Mummy: L'oruko Jesu o ni si ise se, waa maari aanu gba. O ni daran. Won o ni koba e. O ni sise. Ise e o ni baje. Oluwasegun la so e, oruko e ma ro e...

Son: Amin, Amin, Amin, Amin (Like 10 Amins, thinking she would know I was getting bored already)

Mummy: L'oruko Jesu, oo ni subu... Ona to si, Olorun a je ko si d'ale...

Son: Amin (Talking through my nose. Heard Dad's voice in the background)

Dad: Je ki omo yi lo sun now.

Mummy: Lo sun, oko mi. L'oruko Jesu awon Angeli ma daabo bo e l'oju orun. Ti o ba ji, won o ni fi e sile.

Son: Hello... Hello, Hello mummy. Network yi o. Hello.......(Pretending network is bad) (ends the call).

Son returns from the bathroom and picks phone: 12 missed calls from Mummy.

Mummies wahala is too much.. but they are more caring. Kudos to all the good mothers and mothers to be

please can you translate cheesy
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by stockbear: 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
grizzz:

Quit Problem-Solving

Deflect

Empathize

wow..
Re: The GHWW Crash: A Prophecy Fufilled by bush4ker(m): 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
ONE PERSON CAN NOT BRING DOWN A COMMUNITY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

New Cryptocurrency For 2017 To Become A Millionaire / Fixed Deposit Vs Treasury Bills: Which Pays Better? / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 218
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.