Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience (6512 Views)

Can Yahweh Or Allah Help You In Time Of Need? / You Shall Have No Other God Before Me / ‘’all Other God’s Must Shut-up And Hang-up, Never To Redial My Number Again...'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by otemanuduno: 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2017
felixomor:

Use your google and study about them,
U will learn...
Here they are...they cover their unclothedness with leaves. Which animal had ever done such? They live inside huts they constructed. They even farm and cook their food sef.
Which animal does all these things

Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by Pastafarian: 8:12pm On Mar 25, 2017
nobaga:
It seems that those of us that have not studied anthropology, do not realize that humans that have never made contact with the outside world, that have never been exposed to religion or God, live and flourish in peace and harmony. They establish their own culture of marriage, farming, hunting for man,woman and children. Many have been discovered in Asia, so it is not an African thing. Ignorance is a disease.

I would've brought this up too but I wanted a documented and educated people to use as example who has records of their history in order not to sound like I'm arguing from ignorance

that's why the Japanese fits the bill as they believe in a god but don't really worship any and at no point did they ever trace their morality to this god in any way cuz it was deistic version of god that never told them anything is right/wrong, they figured it out by themselves
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by otemanuduno: 8:14pm On Mar 25, 2017
felixomor:

Pls stop talking like these......
Do u know that a 2 years old baby is already being wired to start learning right and wrong from the parents?
Please go and study developmental milestones....
And that humility possessed by that child to learn, is that not morality? Having a teachable mind is that morality and who taught the babies to have it with them at birth? Their parents? Lol.
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by otemanuduno: 8:26pm On Mar 25, 2017
Pastafarian:

I would've brought this up too but I wanted a documented and educated people to use as example who has records of their history in order not to sound like I'm arguing from ignorance

that's why the Japanese fits the bill as they believe in a god but don't really worship any and at no point did they ever trace their morality to this god in any way cuz it was deistic version of god that never told them anything is right/wrong, they fijoritygnaured it out by themselves
The people of Nipon have sense. That's why majority of them are geniuses.
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by rhektor(m): 8:49pm On Mar 25, 2017
felixomor:

Use your google and study about them,
U will learn...

Why would he use Google when he's mind is made up already?
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by dalaman: 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
felixomor:

You don't have evidence of how humans constructed the concept of good and bad fron nothing....

Humans created the concept of good and bad because they want to live in a stable.society based on what ever concept and notion of what "stable" is. That is why morality varies from.society to society and period in time.

It is impossible to do such.
Japanese practice a religion that was founded by someone whose morality was shaped by the knowledge of a creator....

Name the first Japanese that founded the religion, time and date and wheRe exactly he said that his idea of a creator God shaped his idea of morality. Deist do not believe in a God that has anything to do with morality. The deist God is ONLY a creator God/Gods that created and left.

So if u say they did it without the knowledge of a creator, its not true.

You've not show that they did it with a creator. Humans created and continue to createwhat ever moral code of conduct they chose to live by. Morality is purely a human creation that is why it varies from society to society and period in time.

Morality was already moulded into the founders background already while growing with his religious parents...who believed in a creator .....

Japanese people mostly believe in a deisticconcept of God that has nothing to do with morality. They only beleive in a creator God that created and left.

Someone like u already has religous morality moulded into u by your parents.
Even if u found a religion tomorrow, u will subconsciously transfer what u have been taught....

Thats how it works.

I find most of the pacifist teachings of christianity to be silly and as such will not pass them to my kids. Most people in the west for example do not agree with the teachings of christianity. Most don't see premarital sex as wrong, they don't see see gay relationship as wrong just to name a few examples. They don't see most of the things that christianity condemns as wrong.

Morality is a creation of man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by felixomor: 10:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
otemanuduno:
And that humility possessed by that child to learn, is that not morality? Having a teachable mind is that morality and who taught the babies to have it with them at birth? Their parents? Lol.

Sorry,
Humility and morality are not the same...
Besides what the baby does is not humility,
Its body is not yet matured enough to express his emotions fully....
Thats for that.
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by felixomor: 10:27pm On Mar 25, 2017
otemanuduno:

Here they are...they cover their unclothedness with leaves. Which animal had ever done such? They live inside huts they constructed. They even farm and cook their food sef.
Which animal does all these things

And these u just listed are the definition of morality?
Sorry.
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by felixomor: 10:28pm On Mar 25, 2017
dalaman:

Humans created the concept of good and bad because they want to live in a stable.society based on what ever concept and notion of what "stable" is. That is why morality varies from.society to society and period in time.

Name the first Japanese that founded the religion, time and date and wheRe exactly he said that his idea of a creator God shaped his idea of morality. Deist do not believe in a God that has anything to do with morality. The deist God is ONLY a creator God/Gods that created and left.

You've not show that they did it with a creator. Humans created and continue to createwhat ever moral code of conduct they chose to live by. Morality is purely a human creation that is why it varies from society to society and period in time.

Japanese people mostly believe in a deisticconcept of God that has nothing to do with morality. They only beleive in a creator God that created and left.

I find most of the pacifist teachings of christianity to be silly and as such will not pass them to my kids. Most people in the west for example do not agree with the teachings of christianity. Most don't see premarital sex as wrong, they don't see see gay relationship as wrong just to name a few examples. They don't see most of that christianity condemns as wrong.

Morality is a creation of man.

Please when was Japan formed?

It seems Once u r Talking, u loose a sense of time..
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by dalaman: 10:46pm On Mar 25, 2017
felixomor:

Please when was Japan formed?

It seems Once u r Talking, u loose a sense of time..

Japan is an example of a society that believe in a God concept that has nothing to do with morality but they created a moral system like any other human society.

Even our own ancestors created their own moral system before the Arabs and Europeans conquered them and forced them to accept their religions and their moral codes of conduct.
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by felixomor: 11:29pm On Mar 25, 2017
dalaman:

Japan is an example of a society that believe in a God concept that has nothing to do with morality but they created a moral system like any other human society.

Even our own ancestors created their own moral system before the Arabs and Europeans conquered them and forced them to accept their religions and their moral codes of conduct.

When was Japan formed?
sad

And please did u just mention "our ancestors"?
Were they atheists and deists?
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by nobaga: 12:37am On Mar 26, 2017
The writer answered that question for you.
felixomor:

lipsrsealed
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by felixomor: 12:42am On Mar 26, 2017
nobaga:
The writer answered that question for you.

And his answer contradicts the notion of h person i replied.....
cool
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by dalaman: 6:18am On Mar 26, 2017
felixomor:

When was Japan formed?
sad

What has that git to do with the fact that Japanesepeople believe in a deist God as most of their history shows? Your evidence that they attributed their morality to any God is what? Date, time and the venue where they did that is what you are to provide.

They dont have to be. They still created a system of morality that helped them live their lives according to what they felt was right or wrong.

For example some.of them truly believed that killing twins was good and should be encouraged. Which God told them that in reality? Others believe that people needed to be sacrificed to appease the weather Gods when there was a drought. Some believed that women had bo right to inheritance at all. In fact they beliwve it wrong and evil for women to have any inheritance. Did any God / Gods really teach them that in reality or did they just create it out of their own ignorance, intentions and superstitions?
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by felixomor: 7:39am On Mar 26, 2017
dalaman:

What has that git to do with the fact that Japanesepeople believe in a deist God as most of their history shows? Your evidence that they attributed their morality to any God is what? Date, time and the venue where they did that is what you are to provide.

They dont have to be. They still created a system of morality that helped them live their lives according to what they felt was right or wrong.

For example some.of them truly believed that killing twins was good and should be encouraged. Which God told them that in reality? Others believe that people needed to be sacrificed to appease the weather Gods when there was a drought. Some believed that women had bo right to inheritance at all. In fact they beliwve it wrong and evil for women to have any inheritance. Did any God / Gods really teach them that in reality or did they just create it out of their own ignorance, intentions and superstitions?

You already admitted they were not atheists and still went ahead to say they did it by how they felt.....

You clearly do not even know that feelings are often th outcomes of indwelling morality in a person...

Smh
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by dalaman: 7:50am On Mar 26, 2017
felixomor:

You already admitted they were not atheists and still went ahead to say they did it by how they felt.....

You clearly do not even know that feelings are often th outcomes of indwelling morality in a person...

Smh

You have no point. You are yet to show us how any external force apart from human intuition, perception, ego, wimps, and empathy is responsible for morality. You have failed to show that morality is a human creation.

People use religion and Gods as enforcement mechanism but at the bottom of it all morality is a man made invention.

Which God created the Sharia system of morality? Was it Allah that created it in reality or did it come through many many years of moral evolution?

How do the Japanese that have always believed in a deist God that has nothing to do with human interaction get their morality from?
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by felixomor: 7:55am On Mar 26, 2017
dalaman:

You have no point. You are yet to show us how any external force apart from human intuition, perception, ego, wimps, and empathy is responsible for morality. You have failed to show that morality is a human creation.

People use religion and Gods as enforcement mechanism but at the bottom of it all morality is a man made invention.

Which God created the Sharia system of morality? Was it Allah that created it in reality or did it come through many many years of moral evolution?

How do the Japanese that have always believed in a deist God that has nothing to do with human interaction get their morality from?

How will i "fail to show" what i disagree with?

How will i " fail to show" what is already and obviously a lie u r telling? grin
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by otemanuduno: 9:32am On Mar 26, 2017
felixomor:

And these u just listed are the definition of morality?
Sorry.
see him, using style to digress. You said they behave like animals and I am telling you they don't. So why trying to change things now?
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by otemanuduno: 9:33am On Mar 26, 2017
felixomor:

Sorry,
Humility and morality are not the same...
Besides what the baby does is not humility,
Its body is not yet matured enough to express his emotions fully....
Thats for that.

Humility is part of morality. Pride is immoral.
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by dalaman: 9:36am On Mar 26, 2017
felixomor:

How will i "fail to show" what i disagree with?

How will i " fail to show" what is already and obviously a lie u r telling? grin

I made an error. You've failed to show that morality is not a human creation. Different societies with diffrent moral principles all show that they are man made. Which God told the People living in Switzerland that doctor assisted suicide is right? Which God told them that gay union is good?

You've just been talking aimlessly.
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by felixomor: 9:44am On Mar 26, 2017
otemanuduno:
see him, using style to digress. You said they behave like animals and I am telling you they don't. So why trying to change things now?

Animals do these....
Go and look at the lives of apes in the jungle.....

Please let me ask u, why are u not wearing leaves like them....?
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by felixomor: 9:50am On Mar 26, 2017
dalaman:

I made an error. You've failed to show that morality is not a human creation. Different societies with diffrent moral principles all show that they are man made. Which God told the People living in Switzerland that doctor assisted suicide is right? Which God told them that gay union is good?

You've just been talking aimlessly.

Somebody just misyarned and admitted it and with the same paragraph claims i am talking "aimlessly"....

What an own goal? grin
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by felixomor: 9:54am On Mar 26, 2017
otemanuduno:

Humility is part of morality. Pride is immoral.

Pride is the reason why u keep writing empty threads on Nairaland even without a single follower....

If u dont know,
Know now...

Maybe u r judging urself to be immoral...
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by dalaman: 10:02am On Mar 26, 2017
felixomor:

Somebody just misyarned and admitted it and with the same paragraph claims i am talking "aimlessly"....

What an own goal? grin

I know that's what you'll always dwell on. How is morality not a human creation?
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by felixomor: 10:07am On Mar 26, 2017
dalaman:

I know that's what you'll always dwell on. How is morality not a human creation?

Please at what age does morality start shaping up in a child?

1 Like

Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by dalaman: 10:29am On Mar 26, 2017
felixomor:

Please at what age does morality start shaping up in a child?

I don't know the specific age, but what has that got to do with the fact morality is a human creation ?
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by felixomor: 10:33am On Mar 26, 2017
dalaman:

I don't know the specific age, but what has that got to do with the fact morality is a human creation ?

If u dont know the age,
Then u r not qualified to talk about morality.

U have been arguing from ignorance.
Fallacies
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by dalaman: 10:36am On Mar 26, 2017
felixomor:

If u dont know the age,
Then u r not qualified to talk about morality.

U have been arguing from ignorance.
Fallacies

What has age got to do with the fact that morality is a human construct?
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by felixomor: 10:38am On Mar 26, 2017
dalaman:

What has age got to do with the fact that morality is a human construct?

What does "construct" mean?
U claimed out how something was "constructed" yet u dont know the age at when it is shaped up in the same humans who u claimed "constructed" it?

U see urself? undecided
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by otemanuduno: 11:36am On Mar 26, 2017
felixomor:

Pride is the reason why u keep writing empty threads on Nairaland even without a single follower....

If u dont know,
Know now...

Maybe u r judging urself to be immoral...

Kikiki, derailing as usual. You are now attacking personality which we have both been trying to avoid since the beginning of our conversation. BTW, I am not proud, I am only confident.
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by felixomor: 11:40am On Mar 26, 2017
otemanuduno:

Kikiki, derailing as usual. You are now attacking personality which we have both been trying to avoid since the beginning of our conversation. BTW, I am not proud, I am only confident.

Hehehehe......."confident" ko grin
Re: No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience by otemanuduno: 11:41am On Mar 26, 2017
felixomor:

Hehehehe......."confident" ko grin
grin cheesy cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Can Prove That God Does Not Exist. / What Was The Main Message In Your Church Today? / Should Students Pay Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.