Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,788 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith (16736 Views)

Let's Identify The Ways Satan Fight Christian Faith And Profer Solutions / Historicity Of The Bible And Justification Of Christian Faith / The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 26, 2017
A thing that kills Christian faith;

"THE DAY YOU ASK YOURSELF IF god doG truly exist"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:40am On Mar 26, 2017
awoo47:
Ur faith is not of ur of it is given to u from God
No.

Your faith is most likely forced down your throat by ur parents and the society you grew up in through indoctrination (suppression of curiosity, threat of hell, fear of death, rebukes, condemnation of inquisitiveness and constant recitations of extracted texts/songs in a mythical book)
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 26, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

God does not exist

We have been expecting his coming since 5 million years ago

He will throw people who don't believe in him into the hell fire ?? What type of fire is in that hell fire ?? It has been flaming for 5 million years without stopping and the people in it haven't turned to ashes ??

God sits in heaven, in a palace decorated with golds and his children are on earth starving and dying of cancer

Can you go tell that story to primary school kids

Receive sense in Jesus name!
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 26, 2017
weedtheweeds:
Some of these threads are posted by Muslims who try to snitch on Christians. They are not only operating physically, but also using the internet. Beware

Koran 2:191 "Slay the unbelievers whenever you find them."
Koran 3:28 "Muslims must not take the infidels as friends."
Koran 3:85 "Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable."
Koran 5:33 "Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticize Islam".
Koran 8:12 "Terrorize and behead those that believe in scriptures other than the Koran."
Koran 8:60 "Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorize the infidels."
Koran 8:65 "The unbelievers are stupid; urge all muslims to fight them."
Koran 9:5 "When opportunity arises kill the infidels wherever you find them."
Koran 9:30 "The Jews and Christians are perverts, fight them."
Koran 9:123 "Make war on the infidels living in your neighborhood."
Koran 22:19 "Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water, melt their skin and bellies".
Koran 47:4 "Do not hanker for peace with the infidels; behead them when you catch them.

OMG.....Are these passage for real?

1 Like

Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 26, 2017
muhamm3d:

Y'all feel comfortable spreading falsehood. Ask you where Jesus said he's lord and God you will start crying. Open Quran and read you will be scared but you will rather spread this bull crap. Lol

It is clearly written in d bible where Jesus said;i nd my father are one....Religion nd ethnicism hs destroyed the love of mankind. I wish we all cud stand nd follow one religion. Jesus Christ is d way,the truth n the life. No one cometh unto God the father except through him. we all we see n knw d truth sm day.
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by Oludrex(m): 10:57am On Mar 26, 2017
The major thing killing my faith in the whole Christian system is the so called Men of God... their lifestyle and everything they. Stood for. Got me wondering "is this religion not a Ponzi scam"
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by awoo47: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
No.

Your faith is most likely forced down your throat by ur parents and the society you grew up in through indoctrination (suppression of curiosity, threat of hell, fear of death, rebukes, condemnation of inquisitiveness and constant recitations of extracted texts/songs in a mythical book)
another reason Nairaland should adopt wat dey do in Ishmael thread. Fyn i was born into Christianity i first doubted its genuity but our GOD works so many wonders shocked for me not to believe shocked
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:23am On Mar 26, 2017
awoo47:
another reason Nairaland should adopt wat dey do in Ishmael thread. ?Fyn i was born into Christianity i first doubted its genuity but our GOD works so many wonders shocked for me not to believe shocked
No one says u can't believe whatever you want to.

Can you imagine how your God impregnated a virgin? Someone's wife?

What a wonderful spermful God!
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by Ever8054: 11:59am On Mar 26, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

God does not exist

He will throw people who don't believe in him into the hell fire ?? What type of fire is in that hell fire ?? It has been flaming for 5 million years without stopping and the people in it haven't turned to ashes ??

God sits in heaven, in a palace decorated with golds and his children are on earth starving and dying of cancer

pls can you tell me how you manage to reason this way?..cause its not easy today find your type..
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by joseo: 12:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
Things that kills faith

1. Lack of love towards God and your neighbors.

2. When your don't have the word of God (Rhema) present in you.

3. When you don't depend on God fully (99.999%)......God must be 100%.
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by TeamLeader(m): 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
Number 4: Sex
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by muhamm3d: 2:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
Jozibrainz99:

It is clearly written in d bible where Jesus said;i nd my father are one....Religion nd ethnicism hs destroyed the love of mankind. I wish we all cud stand nd follow one religion. Jesus Christ is d way,the truth n the life. No one cometh unto God the father except through him. we all we see n knw d truth sm day.

I and the Father are one,” said Jesus. (John 10:30) Some quote this text to prove that Jesus and his Father are two parts of a triune God. Is that what Jesus meant by this statement?

Let us take a look at the context. In verse 25, Jesus stated that he did works in the name of his Father. From verses 27 to 29, he talked about symbolic sheep whom his Father had given him. Both statements by Jesus would have made little sense to his listeners if he and his Father were one and the same person. Instead, Jesus said, in effect, ‘My Father and I are so close-knit that no one can take away the sheep from me, just as no one can take them away from my Father.’ It is much like a son saying to his father’s enemy, ‘If you attack my father, you attack me.’ No one would conclude that this son and his father were the same person. But all could perceive the strong bond of unity between them.

Jesus and his Father, Jehovah God, are also “one” in the sense that they are in complete agreement as to intentions, standards, and values. In contrast with Satan the Devil and the first human couple, Adam and Eve, Jesus never wanted to become independent of God. “The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing,” Jesus explained. “For whatever things that One does, these things the Son also does in like manner.”—John 5:19; 14:10; 17:8.

This strong bond of unity, however, does not make God and his Son, Jesus, indistinguishable from each other. They are two individuals. Each one has his own distinct personality. Jesus has his own feelings, thoughts, experiences, and free will. Nevertheless, he chose to submit his will to that of his Father. According to Luke 22:42, Jesus said: “Let, not my will, but yours take place.” These words would have been meaningless if his will could not differ from his Father’s. If Jesus and his Father were really one person, why did Jesus pray to God and humbly admit to not knowing things that only his Father knew?—Matthew 24:36.

Members of many religions worship gods that are depicted as quarreling and fighting with their own family members. In Greek mythology, for example, Cronus overthrew his father, Uranus, and devoured his own children. How different this is from the oneness based on true love between Jehovah God and his Son, Jesus! And how this unity endears them to us! In fact, we have the incomparable privilege of being in union with these two highest Persons in all the universe. Regarding his followers, Jesus prayed: “I make request . . . that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us.”—John 17:20, 21.

Thus, when Jesus said, “I and the Father are one,” he was speaking, not of a mysterious Trinity, but of a wonderful unity—the closest bond possible between two persons.

Open your mind and stop following what your pastors interpret the Bible to mean. Jesus is not God and he will never be not in this life not ever.
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by highbee7: 3:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
Koran 22:19 "Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water, melt their skin and bellies".

This is 22:19 in the quran
Stop confusing people
If anyone desires to be on a strait path, get a quran and read it yourself.

Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by weedtheweeds: 4:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
You may check them online. They will never want you to know. They claim they are a religion of peace but they are insidious. Beware
Jozibrainz99:

OMG.....Are these passage for real?
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by luvmijeje(f): 4:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nice one, OP.
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by weedtheweeds: 5:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
Why should we open the Koran when we discredit it? how many times do you open it? start crying? what are you saying? If you want a sit down we can have it any time.
muhamm3d:

Y'all feel comfortable spreading falsehood. Ask you where Jesus said he's lord and God you will start crying. Open Quran and read you will be scared but you will rather spread this bull crap. Lol

1 Like

Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by highbee7: 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
weedtheweeds:
Why should we open the Koran when we discredit it? how many times do you open it? start crying? what are you saying? If you want a sit down we can have it any time.

When God is indeed great beyond he who you can ascribe to a "child" but they are rather honoured servant. .
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by toslex00001: 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

God does not exist

He will throw people who don't believe in him into the hell fire ?? What type of fire is in that hell fire ?? It has been flaming for 5 million years without stopping and the people in it haven't turned to ashes ?? Let's have a civil discussion tell me what version of the origin of the universe do you believe in

what version of the origin of the universe do you believe in
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by muhamm3d: 6:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
weedtheweeds:
So you will rather ignorantly discredit something you don't know?? Says a lot about Christianity. I bet you if you tell all Muslims where Yesua referred to himself as God we will all become Christians. Rather y'all lazily make up stories about how Islam promote violence. Don't you have Muslim friends, has any of them stabbed you?? If it's truly written in d Quran to kill everyone so you think this earth will still be here if billions of Muslims in the world face non Muslims. Y'all will never speak the truth. Rather promote falsehood to unrealistic levels.
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by muhamm3d: 7:03pm On Mar 26, 2017
highbee7:

This is 22:19 in the quran
Stop confusing people
If anyone desires to be on a strait path, get a quran and read it yourself.

Stop reading the Quran in Isolation. There are moments in the Quran where Muslims were being killed and when it became apparent that they were going to be exterminated, they were told to fight back. Read the Quran in full and not take a portion of it. The Quran is not a half written sequence if events it's a full one. Have some class and stop promoting falsehood. What you are doing is more than Bokoharam and even Prophet Issa(Jesus) will be dissapointed.
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by matrix600(m): 7:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
No one says u can't believe whatever you want to.

Can you imagine how your God impregnated a virgin? Someone's wife?

What a wonderful spermful God!
He milked all the juice from the poor Mary, clean mouth leave plate for Joe to wash,

Chaii!!
Joe haf suffad!!

Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by obinna58(m): 7:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
1 exposure - exposing urself to knowledge
2 quest for truth
3 bible

I think this three is enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by specco(m): 12:13am On Mar 27, 2017
YesNo:

Na wah oh.

I wonder where you would be if Jesus went about calling people BIG or SMALL FOOL just because they don't believe what he believes in.
No be me talk am oo. Check out Psalm 14 verse 1. It is in black and white there.
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by Niflheim(m): 10:44am On Mar 27, 2017
3 things that can kill your christian faith?

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then these 3 pictures(christianity killers) are worth 3,000 words!!!

Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
muhamm3d:

I and the Father are one,” said Jesus. (John 10:30) Some quote this text to prove that Jesus and his Father are two parts of a triune God. Is that what Jesus meant by this statement?

Let us take a look at the context. In verse 25, Jesus stated that he did works in the name of his Father. From verses 27 to 29, he talked about symbolic sheep whom his Father had given him. Both statements by Jesus would have made little sense to his listeners if he and his Father were one and the same person. Instead, Jesus said, in effect, ‘My Father and I are so close-knit that no one can take away the sheep from me, just as no one can take them away from my Father.’ It is much like a son saying to his father’s enemy, ‘If you attack my father, you attack me.’ No one would conclude that this son and his father were the same person. But all could perceive the strong bond of unity between them.

Jesus and his Father, Jehovah God, are also “one” in the sense that they are in complete agreement as to intentions, standards, and values. In contrast with Satan the Devil and the first human couple, Adam and Eve, Jesus never wanted to become independent of God. “The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing,” Jesus explained. “For whatever things that One does, these things the Son also does in like manner.”—John 5:19; 14:10; 17:8.

This strong bond of unity, however, does not make God and his Son, Jesus, indistinguishable from each other. They are two individuals. Each one has his own distinct personality. Jesus has his own feelings, thoughts, experiences, and free will. Nevertheless, he chose to submit his will to that of his Father. According to Luke 22:42, Jesus said: “Let, not my will, but yours take place.” These words would have been meaningless if his will could not differ from his Father’s. If Jesus and his Father were really one person, why did Jesus pray to God and humbly admit to not knowing things that only his Father knew?—Matthew 24:36.

Members of many religions worship gods that are depicted as quarreling and fighting with their own family members. In Greek mythology, for example, Cronus overthrew his father, Uranus, and devoured his own children. How different this is from the oneness based on true love between Jehovah God and his Son, Jesus! And how this unity endears them to us! In fact, we have the incomparable privilege of being in union with these two highest Persons in all the universe. Regarding his followers, Jesus prayed: “I make request . . . that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us.”—John 17:20, 21.

Thus, when Jesus said, “I and the Father are one,” he was speaking, not of a mysterious Trinity, but of a wonderful unity—the closest bond possible between two persons.

Open your mind and stop following what your pastors interpret the Bible to mean. Jesus is not God and he will never be not in this life not ever.

check my signature n neva u quote me again. I can see u'r a religious bigot. I actually cudnt finish all dat crap u wrote der. bt frm d few tinz I read, I can deduce frm here dat u knw notin.Dis is all full of contradictions.wat do u knw abt d bible Hv neva bin dis sori for sm1 b4. bt am so sori for U.Christ has cm 2 redemn us all . ah dnt knw wat u guys hv really bin fed wit dat u dnt knw d truth.U knw wat is right n u'r a doing tinz d other way. John 1:1 he was der in d begining , in the begining was d word n d word was God. Read John. 8:58... and mind u, don nt come here 2 type watever u read n dnt understand. Go 2 a bible believing Church n be saved. Dnt knw why u guy are full of blasphemy nd other related offences. I see pple who don't knw Christ as idol worshipers.May God be wit U in Jesus name.
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by muhamm3d: 10:33pm On Mar 27, 2017
Jozibrainz99:

check my signature n neva u quote me again. I can see u'r a religious bigot. I actually cudnt finish all dat crap u wrote der. bt frm d few tinz I read, I can deduce frm here dat u knw notin.Dis is all full of contradictions.wat do u knw abt d bible Hv neva bin dis sori for sm1 b4. bt am so sori for U.Christ has cm 2 redemn us all . ah dnt knw wat u guys hv really bin fed wit dat u dnt knw d truth.U knw wat is right n u'r a doing tinz d other way. John 1:1 he was der in d begining , in the begining was d word n d word was God. Read John. 8:58... and mind u, don nt come here 2 type watever u read n dnt understand. Go 2 a bible believing Church n be saved. Dnt knw why u guy are full of blasphemy nd other related offences. I see pple who don't knw Christ as idol worshipers.May God be wit U in Jesus name.

Of course you will resort to cheap insults Now. I gave you quotes from the Bible and you are saying I should attend church so I can be told what the Bible means? When it's wordings are clear in its interpretations. Yes, in the beginning there was the word and the word was from God Which Jesus is relaying through his tongue. Jesus never said the word was from him and him alone, he always acknowledged a God bigger than him and everybody. He never said he should be worshipped. Jesus himself prayed to God. 'Why has thou forsaking me? ' he's asking his father,God why he has forsaking him. If he's God will he be praying to himself. This is simple logic Now, stop allowing people call black white to you that's why God gave us brain to think. Stop reading what Paul said in the New Testament. Read the Old Testament and read what Jesus said by his tongue. Stop reading an opinion of Paul.
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by muhamm3d: 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2017
Jozibrainz99:

Maybe you should read my earlier post. They are facts in the holy Bible. You have no reason to fear. You and other Christians will rather live in denial than ask questions about some unclear messages in the Bible. Even Jesus Christ was really questioned by his disciples. Ask questions and read the Bible and the Holy Quran objectively. I bet you, you won't have got to d middle before you make your choice deep within you.
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
muhamm3d:

Of course you will resort to cheap insults Now. I gave you quotes from the Bible and you are saying I should attend church so I can be told what the Bible means? When it's wordings are clear in its interpretations. Yes, in the beginning there was the word and the word was from God Which Jesus is relaying through his tongue. Jesus never said the word was from him and him alone, he always acknowledged a God bigger than him and everybody. He never said he should be worshipped. Jesus himself prayed to God. 'Why has thou forsaking me? ' he's asking his father,God why he has forsaking him. If he's God will he be praying to himself. This is simple logic Now, stop allowing people call black white to you that's why God gave us brain to think. Stop reading what Paul said in the New Testament. Read the Old Testament and read what Jesus said by his tongue. Stop reading an opinion of Paul.
I

OMG! Jesus in old testament....ah shudnt be arguing wit U. I can see u lack wat it takes 2 quote me. u go online google trash den come here 2 quote me twice for jst one mention..... I can see u lack wisdom, u kip emphazing on points hv laid. Beside dat, Jesus hs d power 2 do everytin in world.Everytin happened for d scripture to be fulfilled,he cud hv possibly saved himself if he wanted 2 bt he choose nt 2 cos of U nd i.And dat is why we are stil alive 2day. Christ hs come 2 redem us for d purpose of salvation...The bible hs made us understand dt we are sons n daughters of Zion.Jesus Christ is d king of kings n Lord of Lords..U can only get 2 God tru him. Miracles performed by Christ is enuf reason for u 2 knw dt Jesus is God himself. I neva knew my words cud hurt so bad dt u cud even quote me twice for jst a mention.....Read d bible well b4 u come here 2 spill trash next tym.....
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by KanwuliaExtra: 2:28am On Mar 28, 2017
1. Pastors
2. Pastors
3. Pastors

I can NEVER be caught DEAD or ALIVE within 100 miles of such charlatans.
Tufiakwa!

They only pray to their own Gods of JIBITI, not yours for sure! cheesy

I pity those who patronize them! Spiritual dunces for sure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by weedtheweeds: 9:26am On Mar 28, 2017
I bet you, you know nothing about history. Islam promoters would have taken over the world if they were not tamed. They met a stronger power in the west. if you guys had continued in your quest, you would have all been eliminated by the westerners LOL. be grateful cos' they let you live. Your quest was halted in the late 18th and early 19th century. Go and read your history book Mr. man. You are not a force yet. On May 14, 1948, the west showed you guys who the boss is. Why do you think You all hate Israel? Israel is the big man in your backyard and when yous tried to mess with her in the 1967 Arab–Israeli War, sh*ts were thrown in your faces up to date. Come and sit in my history class before you start flipping your lips ahead of your mouth.
I am Christian and I do not believe Jesus is the almighty God. Of cos' he has a father who sent him to earth. It is all written in the Bible. Jesus is the son of God and he came to die for our sins so that we can be redeemed. He didn't ask us to kill infidels, he promised us that he will come to the earth to destroy disobedient ones who do not do his father's will. He didn't ask us to convert the whole world, he told us that many people will be destroyed and all we have to do is do his father's will and tell others about him not to force them to accept it. You have just been told now.
I do not make up anything against the muslims, bro. I got receipts for anything I type here. whatever I say about yous, I have read and experienced. The koran didn't ask you to kill everyone but to kill the infidels. If the world stands up against muslims they will fall in a single night. the islamic states are weak and that is why they hate America. Americans can enter Pakistan and kill Osama. Invade Iraq and take down Saddam Hussein. Tear down Ghadaffi's defense and have him killed by a civil commoner. Donald Trump has invoked so much fear in yous hearts that all yous can do is wish and pray for the better. Nigeria is spared because there is a large % of Christians in it, if not we would have been a target cos of our oil. be glad that Christians were not given the same command to kill. If we still went by the old testament as given to the Israelites, yous would have been toasted a long time ago.
muhamm3d:

So you will rather ignorantly discredit something you don't know?? Says a lot about Christianity. I bet you if you tell all Muslims where Yesua referred to himself as God we will all become Christians. Rather y'all lazily make up stories about how Islam promote violence. Don't you have Muslim friends, has any of them stabbed you?? If it's truly written in d Quran to kill everyone so you think this earth will still be here if billions of Muslims in the world face non Muslims. Y'all will never speak the truth. Rather promote falsehood to unrealistic levels.
Re: 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith by weedtheweeds: 9:34am On Mar 28, 2017
highbee7:

When God is indeed great beyond he who you can ascribe to a "child" but they are rather honoured servant. .
can you explain this in your islamic belief?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Desmond Tutu Celebrates 60th Wedding Anniversary / Politics In Churches: Father Mbaka Apologises On Behalf Of Nigerian Pastors / Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.