Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated (60816 Views)

My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / "Some Call It Incest, We Call It Fate" - Man Who Impregnates His Sister Says / Irish Woman Devastated After Nigerian Husband Dumped Her Destroys Shop (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Donjazzy12(m): 1:36am On Mar 29, 2017
Luiz1:
O boy!.... u wicked small o bruh! Cheii.... but I get some point 4 wetin u dey talk sha.... Of every Dick.sons on d whole planet... Haba e no suppose b her cousin own wey go totori her shey...? But wetin we go con do na....... d deed has been done. At least she go marry, or u wan make she die a VIRGIN?
Persin wey don Bleep the cousin tire na virgin? Look Good just saved the OP if he is smart!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by torqque7(m): 1:36am On Mar 29, 2017
Godforbid bad thing. .smh now I know the world is full of sick people,see them trying to justify incest,so because she told him then he should stay with her because she is special?na wa for people sha,so if she had fvcked her dad too and told you,then she is still one in a million so marry her?what a joke.

Someone is even happily opening her dirty mouth saying she is proud her cousin gave her the best fvck of her life..what is this generation turning into? God please keep these kinds of people from me. People will deliberately do rubbish and come and say it was in the past so it doesn't count..hmm sha O.p good luck but as for me..nah I'll pass,I can't handle that kind of baggage for the rest of my life,for what now?which kind yeye love be that?

I once dated a girl who did same and I knew it would take the grace of God to make me marry her,like I said Godforbid.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by MrSly(m): 1:37am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

I love her , trust her , and still want to marry her . But how do I move past this and forge ahead .
This particular man you quoted has told you everything. It is left for you to decide. I f you trust your wife 100% as you claimed you won't be asking 'how do I move' that single question shows some level of lack of trust. Tell yourself the truth bro less this might the major loophole that may catastrophic to the marriage in nearest future.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Nobody: 1:42am On Mar 29, 2017
Donjazzy12:

Persin wey don Bleep the cousin tire na virgin? Look Good just saved the OP if he is smart!

Lol
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Holyrule(m): 1:42am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:
My fiancee confided in me two days ago that she had an incest relationship with her cousin yrs back. She said she told me cos she loves me and wouldn't want to hide anything from me. I love her too and still want to marry her but I am devastated by the news

She said she has fasted and asked God for forgiveness.

I have prayed on her behalf too severally,

I am supposed to come to Nigeria for our wedding next month . pls help nairalanders. I feel so pained . I need wise counsel .

am gonna keep it simple... Go ahead and marry that lady mehn... u dey fck up. if u truly a christian.. then do what christ will do,,, think like him
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by NaWetinDey(m): 1:43am On Mar 29, 2017
You should only worry if she told you because she is scared that she might still have sex with him after marriage and you might find them in a compromising positions anytime. So tshe is telling you so that you should be aware and not be surprised when you catch them. Just state clearly to her that you do not want both of them anywhere together for any reason. She has to sign it too. That's the price. If ever you catch them together then you can tell social media to help you help them commit the incest openly since they have no shame an no fear of God or even respect for their bodies. But I tell you, that kind of fuckry is very hard to stop because hey had continued doing it even as adults. You are in for a long thing. Only God can help. And, incest being a spiritual thing, I bet she will always want her cousin sexually more than you. Why on earth would a woman agree to incest when she has million men seeking for her attention? But then, it's not hard to know why: most incest are instigated by girls before they became women. This is what most men know. You can quote me
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 29, 2017
MrSly:

This particular man you quoted has told you everything. It is left for you to decide. I f you trust your wife 100% as you claimed you won't be asking 'how do I move' that single question shows some level of lack of trust. Tell yourself the truth bro less this might the major loophole that may catastrophic to the marriage in nearest future.

Just ike you said. I think Acidosis has already made the situation easy for the OP to decide on. Really! If he trusts the wife enough that he can feel at rest even when that guy of a cousin comes visiting in his absence, then he may go ahead.

Else I think this is the best time for him to back out......... But I sincerely doubt if he still has a level of trust in the said lady that can sustain their future bonding.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by globatop: 2:25am On Mar 29, 2017
Robbert Mugabe said women are like swimming pool never bother about who swam b4 u, who is swimming with u or who will swim after u
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Infinitikoncept(m): 2:35am On Mar 29, 2017
Person wey God don forgive and forget tey tey na him you carry the past as if it's the present. My brother that past doesn't exist anymore. Let it go & continue with your plans. I'll prefer truth over anything
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Kirinwa: 3:01am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

My worry is that , this is incest

Guy your hypocrisy nobe for here. Walai!

Go ahead and marry her after deliverance prayers. There is no yoke, anointing and prayers cannot break.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by iani5050: 3:30am On Mar 29, 2017
to be honest with you, I know why is painting you much. FUTURE. if it could happen with cousin - what of OTHER cousins, brothers, uncles ?
Can you feel at home when she is with them? Will you suspect every movement she makes? When she introduces anybody as her relation. Will you perceive it as one of her sex partners ?

All these and many more you will use to search your conscience and clear it of any doubt or fear.

That she confessed it does not make her honester something might have pushed her to say it.

MY ADVICE; This is marriage a lifetime thing. If you are comfortable with it go ahead. IF NOT flee!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by azaino: 4:32am On Mar 29, 2017
Majikals:
You are a lucky man finding such an honest spouse... She has confessed her errors before her maker and even you. Go ahead with your marriage with her cos she's a good woman. We have all made terrible errors at some point in life. Only a scarce few are bold enough to confess his /her deepest errors the way ur fiancee just did.
About the spiritual implications u are kinda worried about, if truly you are a Christian as u rightly said, I believe the Bible says he /she that confesses and believe is redeemed..You have nothing to fear
this brother don answer am, so which other answer you still dey find?
I dont know why Christian have so much faith in the lettered curses than the redeemable blood of Jesus Christ. I ask the Op are you truly a Christian ? I mean a real Christian and not religious follower ??
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by CCDav1: 5:03am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

I love her , trust her , and still want to marry her . But how do I move past this and forge ahead .

Then marry her nah..Don't wait any longer..if u love,trust and want to marry her then stop lingering CU's the more you do the more painful it'll seems..
Lastly that her cousin should a bit distance in relating with her ..my brother if they continue being so close and you are not on ground ,just them two,memories has a way of bringing those act back even when they wudnt had consciously did that.. God help you
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by CCDav1: 5:05am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

Then marry her nah..Don't wait any longer..if u love,trust and want to marry her then stop lingering CU's the more you do the more painful it'll seems..
Lastly ,that her cousin should be given some in distance in relating with her ..my brother if they continue being so close and you are not on ground ,just them two,memories has a way of bringing those act back even when they wudnt had consciously did that on a normal day.! God help you
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by BiggyBamBam: 5:28am On Mar 29, 2017
Will you follow the Lord, your God or follow e-advisers?

Leviticus 18 - New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

Do Not Commit Sexual Sins
18 The Lord spoke to Moses. He said, 2 “Speak to the Israelites. Tell them, ‘I am the Lord your God. 3 Do not do what the people of Egypt do. You used to live there. And do not do what the people of Canaan do. I am bringing you into their land. Do not follow their practices. 4 Obey my laws. Be careful to follow my rules. I am the Lord your God. 5 Keep my rules and laws. The one who obeys them will benefit from living by them. I am the Lord.

6 “ ‘Do not have sex with any of your close relatives. I am the Lord.

7 “ ‘Do not bring shame on your father by having sex with your mother. Do not have sex with her. She is your mother.

8 “ ‘Do not have sex with any other wife of your father. That would bring shame on your father.

9 “ ‘Do not have sex with your sister. It does not matter whether she is your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter. It does not matter whether she was born in the same home as you were or somewhere else.

10 “ ‘Do not have sex with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter. That would bring shame on you.

11 “ ‘Do not have sex with the daughter of your father’s wife. She was born to your father. She is your sister.

12 “ ‘Do not have sex with your father’s sister. She is a close relative on your father’s side.

13 “ ‘Do not have sex with your mother’s sister. She is a close relative on your mother’s side.

14 “ ‘Do not bring shame on your father’s brother by having sex with his wife. She is your aunt.

15 “ ‘Do not have sex with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife. Do not have sex with her.

16 “ ‘Do not have sex with your brother’s wife. That would bring shame on your brother.

17 “ ‘Do not have sex with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sex with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter. They are close relatives on her side. Having sex with them is an evil thing.

18 “ ‘Do not take your wife’s sister as another wife and have sex with her. Do not do it while your wife is still living.

19 “ ‘Do not have sex with a woman during her monthly period. She is “unclean” at that time.

20 “ ‘Do not have sex with your neighbor’s wife. That would make you “unclean.”

21 “ ‘Do not hand over any of your children to be sacrificed to the god Molek. That would be treating my name as if it were not holy. I am the Lord your God.

22 “ ‘Do not have sex with a man as you would have sex with a woman. I hate that.

23 “ ‘Do not have sex with an animal. Do not make yourself “unclean” by doing that. A woman must not offer herself to an animal to have sex with it. That is a wrong use of sex.

24 “ ‘Do not make yourselves “unclean” in any of these ways. That is how other nations became “unclean.” So I am going to drive those nations out of the land to make room for you. 25 Even their land was not “clean.” So I punished it because of its sin. The land itself threw out the people who lived there. 26 But you must keep my rules and my laws. You must not do any of the things I hate. It does not matter whether you are Israelites or outsiders. 27 All these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you. That is how the land became “unclean.” 28 If you make the land “unclean,” it will throw you out. It will get rid of you just as it got rid of the nations there before you.

29 “ ‘Suppose you do any of the things I hate. Then you must be separated from your people. 30 Do exactly what I require. When you arrive in Canaan, do not follow any of the practices of its people. I hate the things they do. Do not make yourselves “unclean” by doing them. I am the Lord your God.’ ”
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by BiggyBamBam: 5:36am On Mar 29, 2017
paulbets:
Hausa marry their cousin...
So The incest phenomena is a cultural thing and only of medical signifance because of possible Genetic disorder in resulting offsprings.

That's why Hausas/Fulanis behave like animals and no value for life.
Do you want his children to have that demonic spirit?

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Larrylarex(m): 5:39am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

She said it happened once.
Makes it easier to forget.
Once is happenstance
Twice is coincidence
Three times makes it intentional
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Ryabcool(m): 5:51am On Mar 29, 2017
Evaberry:
op marry her jhur

I dated my cousin back then but I'm still living well

what of countries like China that cousins get married to each other.

nothing wrong in dating cousins
Wawu!

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Tex42(m): 5:51am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

You will get over the feeling bro. It is normal for u to feel the way u are feeling now.

Just keep loving her and this feeling will douse.

As per the trust issue, let her earn ur trust. It will hasten the healing process.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Daintelectual(m): 5:54am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:
My fiancee confided in me two days ago that she had an incest relationship with her cousin yrs back. She said she told me cos she loves me and wouldn't want to hide anything from me. I love her too and still want to marry her but I am devastated by the news

I am supposed to come to Nigeria for our wedding next month . pls help nairalanders. I feel so pained . I need wise counsel .
Bro, if you leave her; you might fall into the hands of a worse girl who might not even tell you anything about her past. Your fiancée has proved to you that she is ready to be a wife. Forgive and thank her for being open to you. And please don't act in a way she will find it difficult to open up to you in future.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by fransixe(m): 6:05am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

Long before we met .. About 6 yrs ago

Maybe pained is not.the right word

I'm just scared of the spiritual aspect like curses or something besides I know I will never have any good relationship with that cousin of hers
my brother, since you have prayed, go on with your marriage with her. GOD is soo merciful. Telling you in the first place is a step towards repentance. People have done worst than that, and still decide to be quiet about it....may God bless ur union.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Sexyolori(f): 6:27am On Mar 29, 2017
Most women will NEVER tell u. Notice my emphasis on the word never. Ur fiancee told you because
1. She trusts you
2. She values your relationship
3. She wouldn't want you to find out on your own tmrw
4. She feels she can be open to you
And now as a result you want to crucify her? Haven't you committed any sin in your life? Or because this is incest you feel its a much greater sin than the ones you have committed? Lie! If she is your ideal woman, go ahead and marry her. please work on your mind to push this aside so you don't bring it up tmrw if you guys have a disagreement.
N/B: if your fiancée were my friend and she told me she wanted to confide in you on this matter, I would have told her not to. Sincerely...
She's a very honest lady don't make her regret telling you

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Teel012(m): 6:34am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

Well, it might be hard forgetting something like that even if it was said in good faith and to build trust but you can do it and marry her if u love her, but before u do, pls watch how she relates with the cousin in ur presence and also in other family members presence. If she's exceptionally cold to him or she ignores him a lot in ur presence or too emotional abt matters concerning him, Sir, pls run. If she is indifferent to him and no extra emotion or attention is given, go ahead and wife her.Shikena. Or better still find a way to injure the cousin lightly in her presence, maybe offer to cut meat with him n mistakenly cut his finger or som'n, then watch her reaction women are naturally caring, but she's ur wife to be. U'll notice if she's more worried than she shld be over a cousin, or not.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Lancasterman: 6:36am On Mar 29, 2017
Even Jew's marry their cousins. If u are a Christian Pls check Leviticus and tell me one verse there or anywhere in the Bible that prohibits sex/marriage with cousins. The church has misinterpreted the Bible. Was Sarah not Abraham's half sister? Abraham was incestuous but there was no law regarding it at the time so it wasn't son And after u will say u want to be like Abraham.In the Bible, Incest means sex with someone of a direct blood with you like father, mother, brother, sister, father's wife, Mother's husband, God even put Father's daughter/son and Mother's daughter /son. It stops there. All Middle easterners, both Arabs and Jew's marry their cousins till today. It's not prohibited. There is no law in the Bible or elsewhere prohibiting it.
The best your fiancee has done is fornication which most probably u have also done. So don't judge her unjustly.

LeView1:
I guess this is cultural differences. I don't believe a cousin is incest so I can't advice you on it other than to say, forgiveness is the only solution.

Please respect my understanding and don't argue my truth with me.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Gudfrie(m): 6:36am On Mar 29, 2017
Mille:
One thing I don't understand is why you are so pained. Was it done before or after you met?

Exactly! For her to tell you that you need to respect her and love her more. My dear this is a hard secret many pple will not disclose. So continue with your plans OK
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by OgbeniSir(m): 6:40am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

Thanks bro

In my igbo land she has to cleanse the land, with her cousin or any child she has would not survive.. so yeah take her n her cousin to the village and do some small not too costly land cleansing and all will be well...
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Lancasterman: 6:42am On Mar 29, 2017
It clearly says Nothing about sex with your Uncle's son/daughter or Aunty's son/ daughter...Thats not incest. Don't add to the Bible, don't subtract.

BiggyBamBam:
Will you follow the Lord, your God or follow e-advisers?

Leviticus 18 - New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

Do Not Commit Sexual Sins
18 The Lord spoke to Moses. He said, 2 “Speak to the Israelites. Tell them, ‘I am the Lord your God. 3 Do not do what the people of Egypt do. You used to live there. And do not do what the people of Canaan do. I am bringing you into their land. Do not follow their practices. 4 Obey my laws. Be careful to follow my rules. I am the Lord your God. 5 Keep my rules and laws. The one who obeys them will benefit from living by them. I am the Lord.

6 “ ‘Do not have sex with any of your close relatives. I am the Lord.

7 “ ‘Do not bring shame on your father by having sex with your mother. Do not have sex with her. She is your mother.

8 “ ‘Do not have sex with any other wife of your father. That would bring shame on your father.

9 “ ‘Do not have sex with your sister. It does not matter whether she is your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter. It does not matter whether she was born in the same home as you were or somewhere else.

10 “ ‘Do not have sex with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter. That would bring shame on you.

11 “ ‘Do not have sex with the daughter of your father’s wife. She was born to your father. She is your sister.

12 “ ‘Do not have sex with your father’s sister. She is a close relative on your father’s side.

13 “ ‘Do not have sex with your mother’s sister. She is a close relative on your mother’s side.

14 “ ‘Do not bring shame on your father’s brother by having sex with his wife. She is your aunt.

15 “ ‘Do not have sex with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife. Do not have sex with her.

16 “ ‘Do not have sex with your brother’s wife. That would bring shame on your brother.

17 “ ‘Do not have sex with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sex with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter. They are close relatives on her side. Having sex with them is an evil thing.

18 “ ‘Do not take your wife’s sister as another wife and have sex with her. Do not do it while your wife is still living.

19 “ ‘Do not have sex with a woman during her monthly period. She is “unclean” at that time.

20 “ ‘Do not have sex with your neighbor’s wife. That would make you “unclean.”

21 “ ‘Do not hand over any of your children to be sacrificed to the god Molek. That would be treating my name as if it were not holy. I am the Lord your God.

22 “ ‘Do not have sex with a man as you would have sex with a woman. I hate that.

23 “ ‘Do not have sex with an animal. Do not make yourself “unclean” by doing that. A woman must not offer herself to an animal to have sex with it. That is a wrong use of sex.

24 “ ‘Do not make yourselves “unclean” in any of these ways. That is how other nations became “unclean.” So I am going to drive those nations out of the land to make room for you. 25 Even their land was not “clean.” So I punished it because of its sin. The land itself threw out the people who lived there. 26 But you must keep my rules and my laws. You must not do any of the things I hate. It does not matter whether you are Israelites or outsiders. 27 All these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you. That is how the land became “unclean.” 28 If you make the land “unclean,” it will throw you out. It will get rid of you just as it got rid of the nations there before you.

29 “ ‘Suppose you do any of the things I hate. Then you must be separated from your people. 30 Do exactly what I require. When you arrive in Canaan, do not follow any of the practices of its people. I hate the things they do. Do not make yourselves “unclean” by doing them. I am the Lord your God.’ ”
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by live4ever: 6:45am On Mar 29, 2017
fransixe:
my brother, since you have prayed, go on with your marriage with her. GOD is soo merciful. Telling you in the first place is a step towards repentance. People have done worst than that, and still decide to be quiet about it....may God bless ur union.

All you said is true, but acidosis initial analysis is still the most comprehensive.
From experience, if a lady tell you it's just once, it's usually not true. Maybe less than 5 times!
But even if it's just once, it's human to eer but divine to forgive.

However, please don't forget that not all human have same capacity to handle this kind of emotional trauma. Some might just wave it aside and move on. Others may battle with it for the rest of their lives.

Op, please find out what your capacity can handle and make your decision based on that. if u can permanently deal with it, you can go ahead. if not, please don't rush but take your time to thoroughly access your next move so you won't live with the pain all your life.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Lancasterman: 6:45am On Mar 29, 2017
That's Omenala which is pure idolatry... The Bible is higher than ur village beliefs...

OgbeniSir:

In my igbo land she has to cleanse the land, with her cousin or any child she has would not survive.. so yeah take her n her cousin to the village and do some small not too costly land cleansing and all will be well...
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by latest90: 6:48am On Mar 29, 2017
If u don't wanna marry her, drop her number here, i will marry her, for a Nigerian lady to tell you this means she's unique and priceless.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by murphyibiam15(m): 6:48am On Mar 29, 2017
damola1:
Why go to far china.

Emir Sanusi's first wife is his first cousin and it's quite common among the hausa tribe. It's really no biggie.
why not marry your own cousin or your sis or your mother since rship with a blood relative is no big deal.hypocrite

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? / Women And Regret: When There Marry Someone Thinking He Is Rich(photo) / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.