Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,928 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate (28892 Views)

Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum / Happy Mother's Day: Share Your Mum's Photos And Pray For Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by iamkingzlee(m): 5:33am On Mar 27, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Making me stay with her in Kitchen when she's cooking cry cry but today, no girl fit shakara me with food
Yi to the fůck'n Mu bro grin
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by segzyogondus(m): 6:00am On Mar 27, 2017
Back then when very young when she wants to go out she makes sure there are lots of beans to pick dirt from on our round table and so much more in the bag on the ground next to me so I can not go out to play with friends and when done I get exhausted and sleep instead and today I do not go crazy about being out all the time with friends for fun so they usually come around also I no dey use eating of beans play cos I really work for am when I dey grow up
She is fond of treating my elder brothers,myself and younger ones like we are still the kids she gave birth to back then even when our last born in the family right now is a graduate,when we get home she still runs around to make sure what ever we want to eat is available,checks on us at night and still wants to give us some money no matter how little....She likes me home cos she knows every spoon of food is important to me so no fear of food being thrown away
Also every saturday was sure that we would go clean church even after so many hours working in her hair dressing salon with waking up very early and sleeping late and school on one side no matter how tired and we attend a very big church we must complete the cleaning especially when the women who came keep complaining of being tired so me ,my younger bro and sister need to put in much effort to work cos we can not sit looking like the women sometimes we are there alone these women won't come or come we have finished the cleaning..... But today I barely attend church and I miss cleaning the church so much and sometimes when I attend a church cleaning session they are like you get strength ooo
God bless you mum and I pray you see our children and our children children.... I really miss so much about her damn Mama na highest but I do not pray to ever be a girl in my next life sha ooo .....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by MrHighSea: 6:01am On Mar 27, 2017
Till date, as mature as Iam, she leaves her room come cover me blanket n off d AC on a rainy night.
U must Phone her wen u get to ur destination, now I phone her everyday n I love d addiction.
I dread Saturdays, pumping belle tins.
Compulsory Siesta in d noon, sound of play no gree me close eye, she'll eventually say, go join them, i hug her b4 leaving.
No wasting of food, but i dn belle full.
SHE THOUGHT ME D ACT OF GIVING KINDLY.

1 Like

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by sweatlana: 6:03am On Mar 27, 2017
Early to bed early to rise.... angry I hated it.

I now use the exact same words for my kids grin
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by jbhill(m): 6:10am On Mar 27, 2017
adaksbullet:
Mine mom his alway woke me up in 5:00 off everyday wen sleep his alway sweets me angry angry angry angry angry angry

Mine mom his alway tished me how too speeked on mine language in sted off eglish that am no how too speeked and writes well angry angry angry
HMMM.

1 Like

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Fourwinds: 6:11am On Mar 27, 2017
MeLissa74:
lol. So many things. I realised through her that parental control is very important. While growing up, I was forbidden to talk to boys/men. I can never forget one incident that happened when I was about 13 years. I was sent on an errand and I met this guy on the road and we got talking . He started professing stupid love for me and even gave me his no. I stupidly took the paper home though I had no plans of calling him. My mum was waiting for me at the door bcuz I wasted time. Immediately she saw me, she started shouting and that paper made it worse. She started insulting me, asking me of the rubbish the guy bought for me so he could f**k me. She even pulled my pants ooo lol to know if I had done it but I refused and insisted I just talked on the road. I even called one of my friend 's name and said she would bear me witness.
My loving mum dragged me along with her to all her friends' houses one by one and starting announcing to all of them that her daughter has started "f**king. Even my so called friend I called as a witness denied seeing me. I cried my eyes out . I was so embarrassed and frustrated bcuz I was accused wrongly.
Ever since that day during my teenage years, I ran away from anything called "male". So while others were out partying and doing boys stuff, I was always on my own even in my university days .
I a m happy with the way I was trained because it has made me the proud lady I am today.
ur mum for beat u well...

U dey follow am dey drag ur pant

1 Like

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by segzyogondus(m): 6:17am On Mar 27, 2017
jbhill:
HMMM.
Bros abeg I understand wetin dey ur mind right now and understand wetin you wan talk but abeg sorry for am cos that ur HMMM fit write full book mk u no spoil this morning for am.....LOL....I greet u ......

1 Like

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by John902(m): 6:24am On Mar 27, 2017
don't know where to begin...I love my mum.God give u n dad long life n prosperity Amen.
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by bennie1980(m): 6:25am On Mar 27, 2017
We are a family of 5 boys and a girl who was in a boarding school then. Our mother used to take us to the market to buy foodstuff monthly. What we hate was her idea of moving up from one shop to the other pricing things and at the end of the she would go back to the first shop to buy it claiming that that the seller was her customer. But now I do appreciate it because I have the patience of waiting in the car while my wife does her shopping

1 Like

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by daclint(m): 6:26am On Mar 27, 2017
Me: Mum am hungry
Mum: come and eat my head.

Me:mum
Mum: dad

Me :mum I want to eat
Mum: will u go and sit down
Dad: na only food dem sabi eat for this house
It was fun being around her
I love u mum

3 Likes

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by fusyman(m): 6:31am On Mar 27, 2017
Iya Tunde eleyin...... Love you mum for all the cares and support. Then, I don't know why I deserved all those treatments until now. You taught me how to adapt to any situation, move closer to Almighty God, how to respect both old and young, reset my brain with slap whenever it's necessary, wake me up early, taught me how to do all the domestic works, advises me every morning after morning prayer, taught me how to care for my younger ones, banish discrimination, atimes furiously tell me how to do things right with koboko, listen to me always and gives answer to any questions asked, protect me with the power of prayer, she is the last person to eat until we've eaten above all she is my good teacher................ I pray you live long and to see us prosper and you shall eat the good fruit of your labour, the Lord will grant you long live and prosperity "IYA TUNDE ELEYIN"
Love you mum, you are simply the best and super Mama

2 Likes

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by ayusco85(m): 6:31am On Mar 27, 2017
adaksbullet:
Mine mom his alway woke me up in 5:00 off everyday wen sleep his alway sweets me angry angry angry angry angry angry

Mine mom his alway tished me how too speeked on mine language in sted off eglish that am no how too speeked and writes well angry angry angry

Well well well. What an Irony
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by jbhill(m): 6:32am On Mar 27, 2017
segzyogondus:
Bros abeg I understand wetin dey ur mind right now and understand wetin you wan talk but abeg sorry for am cos that ur HMMM fit write full book mk u no spoil this morning for am.....LOL....I greet u ......
TNKS BRO 4 UR UNDERSTANDING.

1 Like

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Xmen149(m): 6:32am On Mar 27, 2017
#Even if food dey or no dey house she must buy bread........

its now a culture in all our individual house,there is always bread somewhere in the house if you hvnt seen it u just dnt know where to look cheesy.

#rub her hand gently across my head as a kid(nothing more relaxing than that),non of my nephew or niece i do that to wants to leave my side, even in the church,makes kids like me alot.

#she made the house zero boring with yabs cheesy,that woman can yab for Africa sha anybody can yab anybody so everyone is always struggling to come back home in the evening cos its never boring.

#i miss my firstlady like kilode cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by ayusco85(m): 6:33am On Mar 27, 2017
sanbells:
Oh
No one hates morning devotion as much as I do lipsrsealed
Every morning, 6:00am sharp. You must wake up unless you want to start your day with cane. Then we all gather clumsily in the parlour to start singing praises... So annoying eh
But it shaa thought me how to wake up early and say my prayers on my own without being forced.
I still dread going home sometimes because of that.... I love my momma

So na so u take hate your creator? If it's Ur boyfriend now or husband you don't mind doing a special routine for him every morning you wake up.

#Kwantinu, God is watching u

1 Like

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by leximore(m): 6:34am On Mar 27, 2017
Good

2 Likes

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by cooltola(m): 6:37am On Mar 27, 2017
Happy Mom day to our moms- My mom used to give me chores at home and if I fail to do it well you know the rest.
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by ayusco85(m): 6:40am On Mar 27, 2017
Vivly:
When I was younger, like 11 or so, there was this age mate of mine in our neighbourhood that used to bully me a lot. Sometimes she'll threaten me not to come out and play with the other kids otherwise she'll beat me because I had offended her. I was outside with others one day and immediately I sighted her coming, I ran to the house. My mum asked whats up and I stupidly said 'Happiness wants to beat me'. It was cane my mother used to pursue me outside. When the girl saw me, she was suprised I had defied her and came to fight me. I mentally weighed the easier of the two: my mom's cane or happiness' blows. I fought back and because she didnt expect me to even fight back, I won easily. That ended the bullying forever and I started standing up for myself.
By the way, when I decided to use my new found strength to become the neighbourhood fight champion, na cane my mama use do factory reset.
Shout out to all mothers.

Classic Nigerian mum's. She was a wise woman.
The part she used cane to reset you made me give her thumbs up. You were becoming what she didn't envisage. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by ayusco85(m): 6:41am On Mar 27, 2017
oviejnr:

with all the kitchen lessons i can only boil water. sad

You must ve been a dull kid cheesy grin.

Na joke o

2 Likes

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by ayusco85(m): 6:43am On Mar 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

cheesy cheesy Yoruba Mothers! cheesy

Na only Yoruba get mothers? Nigerians and tribalism self.
Just say Nigerian mums
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Idoko619(m): 6:47am On Mar 27, 2017
martineverest:
my mama is a disciplinarian and strict....sometimes she wouldnt give us launch even whnen the fridge is filled up with orishirishi.she would tell us to feel what ppl that eat one or two square meal feel when they are hungry.....now i am able to adapt to different situations.

I and my brothers and cousins usually eat from the same plate.my cousins were older and they were usually asked to pick anything first before me.she never discriminated against dem nor gave me a special favour......now i dont even know how to segregate aainst ppl.i vowed to threat my children and other children equally when i get married......if i cant bear a child when i get married,i wouldnt panick or pray for fruitfulness.....i wud adopt as many as possible

Bros is dat u cool.... Cos I tink we v dsame mum
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by lammsohiman(m): 6:50am On Mar 27, 2017
Vivly:
When I was younger, like 11 or so, there was this age mate of mine in our neighbourhood that used to bully me a lot. Sometimes she'll threaten me not to come out and play with the other kids otherwise she'll beat me because I had offended her. I was outside with others one day and immediately I sighted her coming, I ran to the house. My mum asked whats up and I stupidly said 'Happiness wants to beat me'. It was cane my mother used to pursue me outside. When the girl saw me, she was suprised I had defied her and came to fight me. I mentally weighed the easier of the two: my mom's canle or happiness' blows. I fought back and because she didnt expect me to even fight back, I won easily. That ended the bullying forever and I started standing up for myself.
By the way, when I decided to use my new found strength to become the neighbourhood fight champion, na cane my mama use do factory reset.
Shout out to all mothers.
just imagine say u give pikin honey u come talk say mk him no swallow..........I remember what been d hood champion used to b lyk back then, omo e sweet die. Na u go decide wu go play play wit u and wu no go play

1 Like

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 27, 2017
isax:

I hope you don't live in Lagos?

Lol I get the joke if I jump over the bridge I will miss the next star wars and 2017 games in line nope I love life too much to do that.

1 Like

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Idoko619(m): 6:56am On Mar 27, 2017
Tday peeps beg/pay me in skul to cook fr dem....courtesy of momma's
Iam wu iam tday cos of she
At age 7 my Level of stubbornness has already outweigh dos of 10 nd above....twas momma's brain resetting slap dat changed evrytin... I pray she live to enjoy d fruit of her labour...
Shout out to evry mama out dre.

1 Like

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by sheeda995(f): 6:58am On Mar 27, 2017
Daboomb:
Making me do everything a "Boy" should never do when growing Up:

*Cooking, even on special days!
*Plaiting her hair (and my wife was very surprised when l offered to plait her hair! grin )
*telling her stories from books l read (Who is the adult here?)
*Backing my junior ones (Do l look like a house-girl? )
*Washing plates and 'big" clothes (No washing machine in those days!)
*Siding with my Dad against me, on everything (Those two, ehn....) angry
*Making me return money l found on the floor, to wherever l found it (only for someone else to take it!)
*Insisting l must carry first all the time (na only me dey the class or what?)
*Not allowing me follow my passion of being a footballer (my play mates eventually made it to the national team and she regretted that sha)
*Making me do Sciences`, when l would have loved to do Art subjects (You must be Doctor, by force by fire!)
*Forcing me to pray at 6am in the morning, which is when l enjoy my sleep most!
*Pulling my Ears over minor issues; they get very hot and hurt so much angry

But what hate most about my Mum is creeping into my room at 3am in the midnight, with a cane in hand and tapping me awake to get flogged!
That is very harsh Mum..... l dont do it to my kids and they are still turning out great.
(Is it only my Mum that does this 'cos l've not seen anyone report the same thing)

But hey, she was a great Mum and l still `love her to bits.
The "values" she implanted in me back then, kept me going when the going was tough!
kiss kiss
Even if you put all the problems of Nigeria on my small head, even if l am penny-less, even if everything goes down, l will always remember Mum saying: You've got to be strong because only the strong can survive!
No dulling, No jumping into the Lagoon........ naah, No way!
you got a very funny mum

2 Likes

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 27, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Making me stay with her in Kitchen when she's cooking cry cry but today, no girl fit shakara me with food
grin grin for ur mind abi
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 27, 2017
L0velyn:
grin grin for ur mind abi
This one na for real grin
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by xreal: 7:04am On Mar 27, 2017
Whenever me or my siblings accompany her to anybody's home.
We dare not eat or drink whatever we are served, annoyingly those biscuits/drinks or whatever will have a nice aroma and inviting.
If the host ask us (the kids) whether we are hungry, we dare not say 'YES'.
My mother will only look at us with that pinching eye-look. And anyone who doesn't comply with her go chop serious beating when we reach house.

Today, it's part of us all. We hardly eat when on a brief visit to someone not too close/intimate.

Thank you mum, we thought you were just wicked, now we realise that you did well, you trained us properly.

Thank You Mum.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Prettychiz4real(f): 7:07am On Mar 27, 2017
Millz404:
Beat me with eba turner..... Well don't know if i appreciate it now cos dat tin bin d pain body

Maybe dats why my head is correct now sha
Lol.
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 27, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
This one na for real grin
grin lol.. but its all good tho... How u?
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Bibi294(f): 7:09am On Mar 27, 2017
It was when I was in my teens that I discovered my mother actually has two children, I always thought we're ten.
Those times she used hot knife to stop me from stealing
Those times I would ran off home and she would ask me to no come back(only to see her searching for me or waiting at the gate)
I was so stubborn while growing up, I would fight and wound all my peers and seniors. She had to ban me from wearing trousers to stop people thinking I was male, I became the calm type through turning sticks and boarding house.
She thought me(us) to be the good entrepreneurs we are today.. You must help in her shop before and after school.
Thanks Mum for moulding me(she always pray I don't have kids that will have my kind of attitude while growing up),thanks for being my special angel. Without you, God knows I can't be what and where I am now! Hers calls and messages can frustrate you even if you only go to the market.

1 Like

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by adaksbullet: 7:11am On Mar 27, 2017
youngjoy:
come! Wetin English do you?
youngjohn bewere angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / Lady Donates Her Kidney To Her Mother As A Christmas Gift To Her (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.