Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,533 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate (28920 Views)

Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum / Happy Mother's Day: Share Your Mum's Photos And Pray For Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Blessingbenson(f): 2:10pm On Mar 27, 2017
Lwkm.
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Psalmwhyte(m): 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
Cashrill:
Then we were kids sha we never understood why our mothers did all those stuffs, to us she was been wicked, now we truely appreciate them.

My mum never allowed us play on the street, she made sure we come back home with clean school uniforms, check our notebooks... She always cane us when we misbehave.

Now i understand why she did all that... Mum you are bae

My mum wud turn our morning devotion 2 praying & fasting dats seems endless but today i appreciate it more dan eva....#Luv u my super MUM despite u are no more.
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Millz404(m): 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2017
Boomboost:

Mike Milli, how far? so you de here?

Hope say i no no u.... Person no fit just dey anonymous again ni

1 Like

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by emmyid(m): 2:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
MeLissa74:
nope
Search for her on YouTube... Come back and give me a feedback
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by kayojosephy(m): 5:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
Bluezy13:

Now this is my story!
I'm the only boy child amongst three girls...the last born at that.
Yet I was left to cook alone. I grew up technically alone and that explains why I do things myself as an adult. I'm so independent that I don't even seek people's advice...even my family member's too.
I seldom tell people where I go to and I don't even feel safe sharing my plans with anybody and that has kept me a distance from my family,
what's more... I live life as if I'm alone.
It's now that I'm an adult that my family are trying to bring me closer by showing me care...but it is too late.
I'm on my own.

It has even affected my relationship with women, reason why I don't take women seriously and i can't even genuinely love a lady. I don't date... even when I feign dating a girl, she will keep complaining about lack of attention and care and stuff like that.
About my mum; well she tried the little way she could. And she is still trying.

About religion, count me out, I'm not a church goer. I argue a lot because I'm versed in knowledge about the Bible itself and life as a whole. I was born in February. I am a very difficult person to indoctrinate.

Inter alia; I love myself that way. I feel it makes me more of a man... although I'm scared of how my family life will be with my wife and kids.

I should cease here...
Good to hear someone with almost same similar life experience with me, except that I am the 2nd born and quite close to my sisters and parents even outsiders just that I don't take shit and I easily unfriend people who think I can't do without them by trying to extort me thereby taking me as a fool.. Am outspoken tough and would not take shit from any lady cos I learnt to do things on my own, people tend to see me as someone that suffers from mood swing but that's not true cos once I notice stupid act from someone or group of people I withdraw and observe from afar. We are unique in our own way though, and try to communicate with much people cos one way or the other we will always need that.

1 Like

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by ghost3040: 6:10pm On Mar 27, 2017
Almost in tears right now...she is the best in the world...so very prayerful..(she can pray for Africa)..And always made sure we trail in her path...Just that I left home so early and has been living all alone by myself in a far away city and I feel everything is crumbling around me..despite my good upbringing I'm a passive church goer and lazy when it comes to religious life...GOD pls give me strength..

Even till date our conversation on phone still goes this way;
Mum: son how u doing and how's work??
Me: work is fine and how u doing?
Mum:Hope u went to church? hope u say ur prayers? hope u observing lent?? Hope u receiving communion?? Hope u pay tithe?...(and all these leaves me guilty)..wish I could have such beautiful moments with u again cos I'm growing weak....

And did I Mention she is overly possessive??...Hmmmm..she will be like..

Mum: son I don't like seeing u with that girl...
I don't like the way she comes closer to u.
I don't like the way she stares at u in the eyes while gisting( that's my neighbours daughter)
Did u just say " I Love u" to a lady on the phone What about me...(Hmmm..Shey I go marry u??)

And most of all..Despite how grown I am...she still tip toes into my room(whenever I visit) in the middle of the night to check up on me and ensure I'm asleep...Most times I pretend to be asleep and she adjusts my blanket to cover my whole body and i'll be like WTF!!!!!

Though I might never have said this to u but I'm using this medium to say I LOVE U!!!!!!! U D BEST...Love u to d moon and back..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by harcemedes(m): 6:11pm On Mar 27, 2017
My mum dropped me off @ my jamb centre and sed 'Don't let anybody copy u ooo" in front of everybody. It wasn't funny.

2 Likes

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Gentlesoul96(m): 6:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
Gone are those days in primary school when I usually took third or second to the Last position, my Mum will beat me everyday till the holiday is over..... Thank God for that, have always be among the best students in any class I find myself nw
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by coolestchris(m): 7:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
L0velyn:
growing up with her was hell cry no freedom no fun.... She was always shouting upadan i cant even visit a friend, was always stuckd indoors,

shes wakes us all up before our own precious time, it was not easy sha... But i appreciate all dis

i love her scara.. cheesy
ehya no wonder, u r this fvcked up embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
coolestchris:
ehya no wonder, u r this fvcked up embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry
k!
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by coolestchris(m): 7:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
L0velyn:
k!
grin

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by nazzyjonz(m): 12:17pm On Mar 28, 2017
pcguru1:
My mother would ask me everyday if I was depressed or sad because I have a face that usually looks down. It used to anniny me she'd assume I hate the house and people in it.now that I have moved I missed her asking if I was depressed because I think I am now. cry

lols. my mum does that too. i cant just get her off my back. i still wish she would ask those many questions. Pls dont be depressed, try and make ursef happy

1 Like

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2017
nazzyjonz:

lols. my mum does that too. i cant just get her off my back. i still wish she would ask those many questions. Pls dont be depressed, try and make ursef happy

Not the jump over bridge type of situation oh, just the tired of rat race, working hard and getting so little and little sleep, something has to change.

1 Like

Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Bluezy13(m): 9:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
kayojosephy:

Good to hear someone with almost same similar life experience with me, except that I am the 2nd born and quite close to my sisters and parents even outsiders just that I don't take shit and I easily unfriend people who think I can't do without them by trying to extort me thereby taking me as a fool.. Am outspoken tough and would not take shit from any lady cos I learnt to do things on my own, people tend to see me as someone that suffers from mood swing but that's not true cos once I notice stupid act from someone or group of people I withdraw and observe from afar. We are unique in our own way though, and try to communicate with much people cos one way or the other we will always need that.

I understand.
I know many is left unsaid between us.
meeting you has been a pleasure
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 17, 2017
leximore:
My Mum taught me to be contented with what I have, be it little or small.

This as really help me and siblings in all ramifications of life.

Gracias MUM
Hi Sir or Ma. what can I do you for?
Re: Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate by Nobody: 2:44am On Jul 17, 2017
leximore:
My Mum taught me to be contented with what I have, be it little or small.

This as really help me and siblings in all ramifications of life.

Gracias MUM
I can't mail you back. Your mail 001yahoo is no longer functional. Change your mail or kindly tell me here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Suspends Wedding Due To Bride's Family Member's Absence (Video) / If You Were To Name Your Child After A Nigerian Town/City, Which Will It Be? / Give Us Our Real Babies, Mothers Tell Enugu Govt (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.