Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System (943 Views)

The Magu Saga And The Future Of EFCC / The Dino You See Today U Shall See No More / Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by maestro2000(m): 8:15am On Mar 28, 2017
The Dino saga and its many implications for our Political and Educational system.

Dino Melaye is currently trending due to a perceived attack from Sahara Reporters about his educational qualifications. Sahara Reporters exposed his lies about being a graduate of Ahmadu Bello University, Harvard University and London School of Economics and the Senator went to court to seek justice.

It will be needless to bore you with all the events as we all are witnessing it, however it is mandatory we understand it’s implication for our country. This won’t be the first time such will happen.

Indeed we remember the University of Toronto saga and of course, the President’s certificate issue. What is amazing is that Nigerians seem to revel in the heat of the moment and then move onto the next trending issue.

From our past experience, we should have enacted laws to deal with issues like this but we have not.

Political Implications

The political implications for Nigeria as a country is damning.

Let us put aside the charade the Senate has put up as an investigation into the matter. It achieved the purpose of clearing Dino Melaye of any wrongdoing regarding his ABU degree.

What about the rebuttals from Harvard University and London School of Economics? Are those just going to be cast aside? What will the Senate do about a Honorable member’s false claim that he graduated from two foreign schools?

We have seen and heard of people who lied about their certificates and were handed over to the police for investigation and possible prosecution. Will Dino Melaye be handed over to the police? Or will he still continue in office?

This is why we need to make laws that punish those who lie about their educational qualifications. India has such a law that boots out politicians who lie about their educational background. You can read that here http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Election-of-candidates-can-be-set-aside-if-they-lie-about-education-SC/articleshow/55193763.cms [url]http://megasblog.com/the-dino-saga-and-its-many-implications/
[/url].
The onus now is on the National Assembly and Nigerians to prevent such saga next time.

Educational Implications

Dino Melaye’s saga also brought to the forefront a pervading issue which has contributed to the poor state of the nation. Our educational system is a mess that needs emergency attention.

It took Harvard University and London School of Economics less than a day to clear the air on Dino’s matter but took ABU a week. Despite the Vice Chancellor admission that Dino graduated from ABU, Sahara Reporters claim certain Exam officers disagree with the Vice Chancellor.

It is pathetic to think that a University cannot speak with one voice and agree on an issue. It is also sad that it took the Vice Chancellor’s appearance at the Senate for Nigerians to get an answer to a pressing issue.

For me, it shows that being a professor in Nigeria does not necessarily mean you can run a university. You will agree with me that most of these professors really have nothing to offer our educational system.

At this point, it is imperative that we do not allow this Dino issue die down and move on to the next trending issue. We need to ensure that we rise from this as a nation learning and evolving till we get the leaders who will lead selflessly without a certificate taint on them. This is the democracy we deserve..

source http://megasblog.com/the-dino-saga-and-its-many-implications/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by Lucy001(f): 8:16am On Mar 28, 2017
grin
Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:19am On Mar 28, 2017
This is Nigeria... This is our definition of normal...

If you've been observant you'd notice a cycle in play. A cycle too strong.

It started from Dasuki, the way voices were raised, the way the papers reported and the memes we made from it one would think he'd be behind bars within two months.

Then we had Metuh, arrested, ate his statements(according to EFCC), spoke of a medical checkup(at this point, you'd think he's guilty and would be nailed fast) but the same thing happened.

The judges and the burglars and the noise. How Nigerians rejoiced, how the papers carried it, how long it trended, and today the case seems like it wasn't even supposed to be one.

This here is another manifestation of that cycle. Nothing will happen to Dino. His court case with Sowore will also disappear. Forget the 5Bilion. It will disappear and they'd become friends again.

Then another issue will come up next month. People will rejoice, Jail the culprit in the court of Public Opinion but then the cycle will not be tampered with. This is our new normal.
Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:20am On Mar 28, 2017
tongue

Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by SmartchoicesNG: 8:24am On Mar 28, 2017
undecided OP if you don't like the results of the probe go to court
Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by maestro2000(m): 10:08am On Mar 28, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
undecided OP if you don't like the results of the probe go to court

Lols, I wished I am around, I would have went to court to summon your paymaster provide evidence of schooling in Harvard and LSE ( since I am not around, I wouldn't mind to send you the errand ).

I smh most times when I see people who are supposed to be championing the fight for better cause reason with their anu*

1 Like

Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by maestro2000(m): 10:10am On Mar 28, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
This is Nigeria... This is our definition of normal...

If you've been observant you'd notice a cycle in play. A cycle too strong.

It started from Dasuki, the way voices were raised, the way the papers reported and the memes we made from it one would think he'd be behind bars within two months.

Then we had Metuh, arrested, ate his statements(according to EFCC), spoke of a medical checkup(at this point, you'd think he's guilty and would be nailed fast) but the same thing happened.

The judges and the burglars and the noise. How Nigerians rejoiced, how the papers carried it, how long it trended, and today the case seems like it wasn't even supposed to be one.

This here is another manifestation of that cycle. Nothing will happen to Dino. His court case with Sowore will also disappear. Forget the 5Bilion. It will disappear and they'd become friends again.

Then another issue will come up next month. People will rejoice, Jail the culprit in the court of Public Opinion but then the cycle will not be tampered with. This is our new normal.

There is something really wrong with the Nigerian system, and these crops of politicians will never allow the healing stage to manifest.
Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:27am On Mar 28, 2017
maestro2000:

There is something really wrong with the Nigerian system, and these crops of politicians will never allow the healing stage to manifest.
The foundation is faulty. Every nation tries to have a positive identity. Where's Ours? Our founding fathers messed up big time.
Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:30am On Mar 28, 2017
maestro2000:

Lols, I wished I am around, I would have went to court to summon your paymaster provide evidence of schooling in Harvard and LSE ( since I am not around, I wouldn't mind to send you the errand ).

I smh most times when I see people who are supposed to be championing the fight for better cause reason with their anu*
tongue Go to the court of the land if you got any problem with it grin

Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:32pm On Apr 05, 2017
maestro2000:

Exactly. They created that Power Circle for their continuous domination.
Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by numericalguy(m): 12:58am On Apr 06, 2017
maestro2000:

Lols, I wished I am around, I would have went to court to summon your paymaster provide [/b]evidence of schooling in Harvard and LSE ( since I am not around, I wouldn't mind [b]to send you the errand ).

See who is talking about going to school. Your grammatical blunders are an eyesore.

All I see is a pained and sorrowful person trying to whip up sentiments. The VC of ABU, Zaria said he graduated, who are that we should believe you.

Dino destroyed Tinubu, Sahara reporters and other enemies of Nigeria
Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by Jabioro: 1:12am On Apr 06, 2017
We never learned, we have no real activist on the ground and more over the present national Assembly members are not of integrity but a gang members,lead by super gang leader who our unborn baby can attesting ..
Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by reuben79: 6:38am On Apr 06, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

tongue Go to the court of the land if you got any problem with it grin
i jst pity u
Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by reuben79: 6:42am On Apr 06, 2017
numericalguy:

See who is talking about going to school. Your grammatical blunders are an eyesore.

All I see is a pained and sorrowful person trying to whip up sentiments. The VC of ABU, Zaria said he graduated, who are that we should believe you.

Dino destroyed Tinubu, Sahara reporters and other enemies of Nigeria
see d way u ar reason......u guy always put sentiments on national issue..i pity ur generation
Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by Ikwokrikwo: 6:53am On Apr 06, 2017
What is the implication of Buhari's certificatelessness?
Hypocrisy of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by numericalguy(m): 12:26pm On Apr 06, 2017
reuben79:
see d way u ar reason......u guy always put sentiments on national issue..i pity ur generation

I know you and your type. You hate Dino because he destroyed the political enemies of Nigeria.

You are pained because Dino exposed the then Speaker, Dimeji Bankole who embezzled and misappropriated over $59 million between 2008 and 2009.

You are even more pained because Dino destroyed the political arrangee of Thi.efnubu the kleptomaniac and his arrogant wife.

You became even more pained when Dino exposed Babachir the "grass cutter" who awarded himself over N270million to cut nonexistent grass at the IDP camp

You them became even more seriously pained when when Dino stopped the two faced curopt Magu. Who's police salary is not more than N350,000 per month but flies private jets all over the world and lives in a N40million posh rented apartment in Abuja.

I can go and on and continue to means the many reasons why you are pained but whobhas time for that.

Enjoy your painement, after all na your pain grin
Re: The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System by reuben79: 6:25pm On Apr 06, 2017
numericalguy:

I know you and your type. You hate Dino because he destroyed the political enemies of Nigeria.

You are pained because Dino exposed the then Speaker, Dimeji Bankole who embezzled and misappropriated over $59 million between 2008 and 2009.

You are even more pained because Dino destroyed the i political arrangee of Thi.efnubu the kleptomaniac and his arrogant wife.i no blame u,u hv no leader in ur region

You became even more pained when Dino exposed Babachir the "grass cutter" who awarded himself over N270million to cut nonexistent grass at the IDP camp

You them became even more seriously pained when when Dino stopped the two faced curopt Magu. Who's police salary is not more than N350,000 per month but flies private jets all over the world and lives in a N40million posh rented apartment in Abuja.

I can go and on and continue to means the many reasons why you are pained but whobhas time for that.

Enjoy your painement, after all na your pain grin

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Members Vow To Solicit For Ifeanyi Uba Release / The Aburi Accord / A Nation In A Nation Will Not Work In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.