Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation (32473 Views)

Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault / Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D / Mike Ozekhome Vs Femi Falana On Ndume's Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Odaveboy(m): 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
mojeri baba iyabo nigba aye eee...... you dare not...... Twale ebora owu

1 Like

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by system21: 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
Falana have lost it. Buhari himself is king of impunity no respect for rule of law

1 Like

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by samsard(m): 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2017
todayboy:
is falana encouraging Buhari to take laws into his hand

Human right activist in deed grin grin grin
My brother, I was pondering over the same mystery.

1 Like

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by tolexy007(m): 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
AntiIPOB:
Very soon,sarki and his co-thieves will be history.

Lolz....Not only saraki, is everybody including you

1 Like

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by charlesucheh(m): 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2017
This Falz papa sef too dey worry!

1 Like

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by ojuu4u(m): 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
ceeethru:
It's an understatement to say Falana is stupid, if he can describe non confirmation of Magu & the 27, INEC REC as impunity by the Senate, what will he call Buhari's refusal to release Dasuki & Nnamdi Kanu, despite several Court orders both local & international? He also condemned d suspension of Ndume, where was he (Falana) when Abdulmumin Jubril was suspended from the house, he kept quiet cos d presidency is part of d suspension. Let him stop deceiving himself with been an activist lawyer, he's a pure politician what interest, that's all.

correct, is own activism is by far different from Gani Faweyinmi, perhaps he is eyeing ministry of Justice, he is just too one sided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Alwaystruth: 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2017
Do you know the principles of checks and balances?.. Do you know if the president hurts majority of the senators
they could impeach him ?..Tell your Dumb president to play politics of give and take,dialogue remains the best neutral
weapon for both sides.

2 Likes

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
swagagolic01:

Buhari can't do anything to saraki, his that weak, saraki is a far better politician than Buhari,.... even a "clueless" GEJ had control of his senate, but the "people's general" have no clue on how to control only saraki.... grin grin

That's because he is not originally prepared to be fighting dirty with the Senate but to snap his fingers and there everywhere will be merriment for himself and all Nigerians accordingly but now that The Senate is getting on his way He will have to go through them. In doing that he has to be tactical so that people like you will not say Buhari is still a military dictator. Infact that tag is weighing on him but it's not realistic, the people calling him dictator are the real dictator...

Instead of you to be fueling the face-off i think you should be thinking about solving the puzzle. Be a good referee bro
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by brosammy(m): 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
I knew from the first day of this regime when Bukola Saraki position himself as the Senate president that If proper measures is not taken,this government will crash,but why is Nigeria legislative bigger than the law of this country
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Alwaystruth:
Do you know the principles of checks and balances?.. Do you know if the president hurts majority of the senators
they could impeach him ?..Tell your Dumb president to play politics of give and take,dialogue remains the best neutral
weapon for both sides.

Dialogue what exactly? So whenever the Senate are bored they should throw the Presidency under the bus just to have fun?
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by joyjonathan: 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2017
Mr President is never weak but practising true democracy! But if he also dictate we Nigerians will complain. Pls let's be one and never be tribalistic
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
todayboy:
is falana encouraging Buhari to take laws into his hand

Human right activist in deed grin grin grin

My friend stop jumping ships. I have read some of your posts. Are you for the presidency or for the ((((Rogue)))) Senators?
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by omokab: 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Day in, day out, my beloved President, is showing the world, he is too weak, too old to govern.....

Which president allows a congregation of criminals, certificate forgers, international rapist, drunkards mentally challenged entities masquerading as Senators to hold his government and offices to ridicule and public opprobrium?

Mr President, if you are bereft of ideas on how to tame the Senate...

Then do this now.....

A simple solution:

go after Saraki with all venom and you'll be dropping the cat among the pigeons. There will be outrage among the Senators at the outset but when the assault is sustained, most of them will see opportunities in adversity as somebody will have to replace him. That is when betrayal will assume the front seat.

You know, all of them are survivalists. Self preservation is the ultimate human trait as it drives most of our actions. Arrest Saraki this night and all hell will break loose tomorrow. Senators will threaten fire and hailstones, refuse to sit and all the sort.....but let Saraki spend the weekend in the gulag and you'll be shocked at the songs that some senators will start singing on Monday.

Try it, PMB.

Buhari.....do it now....
honestly you have said it all. The way I love Buari and have trust in him is not the way he's performing. Buari is too week to be a leader despite the fact that he has interest of the country at hearth. Th crook called senators have seen him all that he's a week leader that's why they are playing on his intelligent like this. I don't like obasanjo but trust him on issue like this. Saraki can never escape it. I'm sure he will be in prison by now. If Buari likes he should do the need and become a champion. Or refuse to do it a becomes an empty man in the hands of the people.

2 Likes

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Adebowale89(m): 5:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Day in, day out, my beloved President, is showing the world, he is too weak, too old to govern.....

Which president allows a congregation of criminals, certificate forgers, international rapist, drunkards mentally challenged entities masquerading as Senators to hold his government and offices to ridicule and public opprobrium?

Then do this now.....

A simple solution:

go after Saraki with all venom and you'll be dropping the cat among the pigeons. There will be outrage among the Senators at the outset but when the assault is sustained, most of them will see opportunities in adversity as somebody will have to replace him. That is when betrayal will assume the front seat.

You know, all of them are survivalists. Self preservation is the ultimate human trait as it drives most of our actions. Arrest Saraki this night and all hell will break loose tomorrow. Senators will threaten fire and hailstones, refuse to sit and all the sort.....but let Saraki spend the weekend in the gulag and you'll be shocked at the songs that some senators will start singing on Monday.

Try it, PMB.

Buhari.....do it now....

you're talking of going after saraki but what I'm campaigning for is the review of democracy

pls eversince National assembly has been in existence in Nigeria democracy. just list one benefit and their effect to a common Nigeria. judiciary and legislature nonsense is the problem of Nigeria.

scrap these NA and house of reps now and see how massively poverty will reduce in Nigeria
or

can we adopt another form of govt at least

sigh!
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by nkemjacob2(m): 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
D best way to stop impunity is to pass a bill of death sentence to corrupt officials nd senate
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Charly68: 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Then do this now.....

A simple solution: Master this is a real political war tactics,I think the president needs people like you as political adviser. I bet you Saraki needs to be put under intensive heat & the senators will stop their nonsense songs

Try it, PMB.

Buhari.....do it now....
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by tope56(m): 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
when the house of rep suspended the guy from Nano for exposing corruption what did we do nothing. it had now moved to the senate we are shouting. Buhari should fire that SSG first before he can talk about corruption in the national assembly. whetn the Sanate expose d the SSG did he sack ?
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Shoboy6h: 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
Section 171 (1) of the Nigerian constitution state and I quote : Power to appoint person to hold or act in the offices to which this section applies and to remove persons so appointed from any such office shall vest in the president..
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by hero2000: 5:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
Odaveboy:
mojeri baba iyabo nigba aye eee...... you dare not...... Twale ebora owu

What would OBJ have done? Tell us na.

Well Ghana must go would have been shared.
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
tope56:
when the house of rep suspended the guy from Nano for exposing corruption what did we do nothing. it had now moved to the senate we are shouting. Buhari should fire that SSG first before he can talk about corruption in the national assembly. whetn the Sanate expose d the SSG did he sack ?

This is what we are saying. We are all so roped in shit that we are even afraid to talk about what is happening in the open. Somebody like me i have never met anybody from government let alone taken money from them, i have always depended on family funds till i lost my parents. I know my rights and i will say talk. Everything i do is free-lance including my support for the Country.
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Carmal90(m): 5:34pm On Mar 30, 2017
People will be hyping obj like he is God, what did he do when Galli Na Abba won remove him?
Wetin he do for Anyim pius anyim as Senate President??pls go and learn.... i
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by engrchykae(m): 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2017
[quote author=NgeneUkwenu post=55084055]Day in, day out, my beloved President, is showing the world, he is too weak, too old to govern.....

Then do this now.....

what if he tries this and they respond with an impeachment,cant u see that the senate are of one mind to protect their selfish interest and also if pmb follows ur advice,the senate will fall into the hands of the opposition when 2019 is around the corner.forget saraki,he had a strong leverage.
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Caseless: 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Then do this now.....

A simple solution:

Try it, PMB.

Buhari.....do it now....
buhari de fall my hand.
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Caseless: 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
quiverfull:
Right now, I am boiling! The absolute nonsense going on in the senate is annoying. Buhari needs to put a full stop to all these impunity really. Saraki and Dino are making him look very weak. And those two rascals have enough skeletons in their cupboards to deserve the Dasuki-treatment.
buhari the fvck up! I don't know why he can't wield the big stick like he did with the judiciary. The day Daura chose to honour saraki instead of buhari and wrote a scathing report against magu and buhari did not throw the idiot out was the day I lost hope.

1 Like

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by naijaboy756: 6:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
Caseless:
buhari the fvck up! I don't know why he can't wield the big stick like he did with the judiciary. The day Daura chose to honour saraki instead of buhari and wrote a scathing report against magu and buhari did not throw the idiot out was the day I lost hope.
circus comedian....u guys think every1 is a brain evacuated zombie....SAY NO TO RUBBER STAMP LEGISLATURE...Una plan no go work....Separation of power principle @ work..Fire on Saraki cheesy
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by MORNDEW(m): 6:48pm On Mar 30, 2017
freeze001:
Falana is just very funny, let me not insult a senior colleague. How can Buhari end what he calls impunity when the goat is himself the author of impunity? How is he supposed to do that one sef? Is it to send DSS and Army to arrest them or what? Serves the President and his fellow idiots right whatever they see, if they like they should turn the entire apparatus of governance to one big circus, who cares?
Senior colleague? You mean you are a lawyer and your comments on this forum lacks reasoning?
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Caseless: 7:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
naijaboy756:
circus comedian....u guys think every1 is a brain evacuated zombie....SAY NO TO RUBBER STAMP LEGISLATURE...Una plan no go work....Separation of power principle @ work..Fire on Saraki cheesy
what then have you benefitted from their legislative rascality?
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by naijaboy756: 7:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
Caseless:
what then have you benefitted from their legislative rascality?
who is more of a rascal than Buhari? How many court orders has he disobeyed? How do u guys reason sef? Yankee Zombies still dey reason....Why naija different for everything?
... Why

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by Awoo88: 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
Who is going to put a stop the impunity of Buhari and his handlers
Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by peaceland(m): 7:17pm On Mar 30, 2017

1 Like

Re: Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation by kjhova(m): 7:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
jaey:
For the learned friends in the house,

Can the executive arm of government (presidency) declare a state of emergency on the senate chambers (legislative arm of government)?

Nope! That will be the height of dictatorship and the final trampling on our democratic pretensions. In fact, it will be nothing less than "the night of the long knives" and "the Reichstag fire" and can only be carried through by someone who is of a most Hitleric nature.

It is extra-constitutional and thus must never happen in our civilian experience.

What we are witnessing is the weakness of democracy in that a demagogue majority can wreck havoc on the whole population with their madness and folly.

All said, the worst democracy is still better than the most magnanimous dictatorship.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Folagbade Olateru-Olagbegi Olowo Of Owo Burial: Saraki, Akeredolu, Fayemi Attend / Buhari Had PTSD After Civil War - Aisha Buhari / Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.