Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? (27078 Views)

How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone / My Tecno Phantom 8 Unboxing — What's With The Fingerprint Magnet? / The Fingerprint Reader On Your Phone May Not Be As Secure As You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Preye1599(m): 5:36pm On Mar 31, 2017
iPhone 5s had fingerprint that was like 2013, then Samsung S5 also had fingerprint that was like 2013/14 so anybody claiming Infinix is on a long thing... Abeg make nobody quote me again... All I know is that it is majorly iPhone 5s and Samsung S5... That guy mentioning Toshiba g500,did you use it or did you know anybody that used it... Make nobody quote me ooo
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by daddykalid101: 5:39pm On Mar 31, 2017
Preye1599:
iPhone 5s had fingerprint that was like 2013, then Samsung S5 also had fingerprint that was like 2013/14 so anybody claiming Infinix is on a long thing
I don't think you are right on that my broda
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Kentalky66(m): 5:40pm On Mar 31, 2017
iphone 5s ....
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by piagetskinner(m): 5:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
Samsung and apple first had it...before all these Chinese crappy fones started copying
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by olamike: 5:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
Might help. (The first mobile phone with a fingerprint scanner was the Toshiba G500 and G900 in 2007.[1] In 2012, Apple acquired AuthenTec, a company focused on fingerprint reading and identification management software, for $356 million.[2] The acquisition led commentators to expect a fingerprint reading feature.[2][3] Following leaks and speculation in early September,[4][5] the iPhone 5S was unveiled on September 10, 2013, was the first phone on a major US carrier since the Atrix to feature the technology.
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
Glory12345:
the Infinix X521 is with the Fingerprint Sensor & 13MP Powerful Camera!
No Ma'am.... Apple iPhone 5 did.....
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Preye1599(m): 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
You think it's Infinix or what
daddykalid101:

I don't think you are right on that my broda
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Acidosis(m): 5:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
Glory12345:
No jooor i think it's infinix maybe followed by sam then but i saw infinix own first

You need to stop commenting, blogging or whatever it is you're doing with phones. You're misinforming the people with class.

3 Likes

Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2017
Smallbaby:
So I was arguing with a colleague yesterday about the company that first brought fingerprint Technology to Nigeria. I said it was Infinix, but she said no that it was one other brand like that. Since we tried Google and it not help matters, I decided to bring it on here, which phone company first brought Fingerprint technology in Nigeria first. Thank you.

Smallbaby, na Motorola sad
My first android phone was Motorola atrix 4g with fingerprint reader on top which u slide Ur finger on. Bought it 2011

Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by daddykalid101: 5:50pm On Mar 31, 2017
Preye1599:
You think it's Infinix or what
yes is infinix who brought it up
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by countsparrow: 5:52pm On Mar 31, 2017
Ok
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Damilare5882(m): 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
See how he try dey advertise infinix ... undecided
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Preye1599(m): 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
So you mean fingerprint tech got to Nigeria last year because Infinix started it last year
daddykalid101:

yes is infinix who brought it up
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by jaybros: 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
Smallbaby:
So I was arguing with a colleague yesterday about the company that first brought fingerprint Technology to Nigeria. I said it was Infinix, but she said no that it was one other brand like that. Since we tried Google and it not help matters, I decided to bring it on here, which phone company first brought Fingerprint technology in Nigeria first. Thank you.

Dantech....first advertised
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
Motorola atrix 4g it is. Kids can't know the phone.
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Preye1599(m): 5:55pm On Mar 31, 2017
If you say it's Infinix you don't have 5kobo worth of sense...Please grow up and face facts... Infinix got fingerprint scanner last year, the Samsung and iPhone got in 2013... No quote me
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Preye1599(m): 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
How many people used this phone Did it even get to Nigeria 2011 everybody was still doing Nokia from What I remember
dillinger:

Smallbaby, na Motorola sad
My first android phone was Motorola atrix 4g with fingerprint reader on top which u slide Ur finger on. Bought it 2011
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by IgweBUIKE1(m): 6:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
it's definitely Huawei
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by 2shur: 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
Samaung s5
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by tosyne2much(m): 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
timi4uall:

It is Htc one max, it was released Oct 2013
I stand to be corrected bro.. Thanks

Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by blessyndbest(m): 6:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
it seems people have got the question twisted.... I think the question was not about who was the first to do it, but who was the first to bring it to Nigeria....
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
Preye1599:
How many people used this phone Did it even get to Nigeria 2011 everybody was still doing Nokia from What I remember

I used the phone bro. Those saying Apple and Samsung pioneered the technology should study. I moved from this phone to Motorola photon. From what you remember be that. My first phone ever was a Motorola with antenna, big, green and black in colour. That was 2003. So I'm not everybody
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
I stand to be corrected bro.. Thanks

Motorola atrix 4g was manufactured 2011. That was my first android phone and it has fingerprint reader
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2017
Smallbaby:

Finger print tech as a security option was on the IPhone 5s range... All these infinix n co started 2016 (infinix hot S...2016)while other notable OEMs had already been on the fingerprint technology as far as 2013... like i used an HTC one A9 device Back in December 2015....it came with a finger print sensor mounted on the front.. Sony is side-mounted(xperia Z5..2015)
Infinix ain't the first brand to welcome the finger print technology into the nigerian mobile market!
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 31, 2017
Acidosis:

You need to stop commenting, blogging or whatever it is you're doing with phones. You're misinforming the people with class.
Thank you....... For someone to be a tech blogger and still say the infinix hot S is the first device with finger print tech to flood the nigerian mobile market is really Amusing...where does she get reviews from??... jîji.ng ?? angry

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Ideagatesauto: 6:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
Apple iPhone 5s in September 2013, followed by htc one max in October 2013
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by bladecity: 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2017
Check out HTC one max the first fingerprint phablet
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Kenneth10110(m): 6:29pm On Mar 31, 2017
Tecno phantom 5
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by acenazt: 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2017
Defaramade:
You dey mind them ni, when they don't read and follow smartphone reviews and trends. All they know about Smartphones is what one amateur "tech blogger" puts on Nairaland for them undecided
the Day Some One Mistook My Sony Xperia Z2 With A Cheap Knock Off Chinko Infinix Zero,thatwas The Day I Hated Infinix
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by ariesbull: 6:33pm On Mar 31, 2017
Infinix
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by toby2(m): 6:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
Smallbaby:
webcusp.com/list-of-all-fingerprint-scanner-enabled-smartphones/
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
nynyola123:

Really?? I'll check it out.
Yeah the material is quite nice, it's fire resistant and gives the phone a Solid build and feel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top Smartphone Makers And The Football Teams They Support (PICS) / Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons / Pictures From The Itel Mobile Fans Hangout In Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.