Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? (27067 Views)

How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone / My Tecno Phantom 8 Unboxing — What's With The Fingerprint Magnet? / The Fingerprint Reader On Your Phone May Not Be As Secure As You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by toby2(m): 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
dillinger:

Motorola atrix 4g was manufactured 2011. That was my first android phone and it has fingerprint reader
the original truth and nothing buh the truth
http://webcusp.com/list-of-all-fingerprint-scanner-enabled-smartphones/[url]
dillinger:

Motorola atrix 4g was manufactured 2011. That was my first android phone and it has fingerprint reader
http://webcusp.com/list-of-all-fingerprint-scanner-enabled-smartphones/[/url]
dillinger:

http://webcusp.com/list-of-all-fingerprint-scanner-enabled-smartphones/
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by williams85(m): 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2017
iPhone 5s then galaxy s5
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Defaramade(m): 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
acenazt:
the Day Some One Mistook My Sony Xperia Z2 With A Cheap Knock Off Chinko Infinix Zero,thatwas The Day I Hated Infinix
Lol grin grin grin
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
ebby9z:

As in ehn!!! I don't understand.
They definitely just started using smartphones

It's very obvious. Lol
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by CuteEmma(f): 6:52pm On Mar 31, 2017
This should help..

The first mobile phone with a fingerprint scanner was the
Toshiba G500 and G900 in 2007. [bold] In 2012, Apple acquired
AuthenTec , a company focused on fingerprint reading and
identification management software, for $356 million. The
acquisition led commentators to expect a fingerprint reading
feature.Following leaks and speculation in early
September, the iPhone 5S was unveiled on September
10, 2013, was the first phone on a major US carrier since the
Atrix to feature the technology. [/bold] Apple's Vice President of
Marketing, Phil Schiller, announced the feature at Apple's
iPhone media event and spent several minutes (the major
portion of the conference) discussing the feature.
Following Apple's introduction in 2013, other smartphone
makers included fingerprint scanning in their high-end phones
during 2014 and 2015,
So we should give it to Motorola Atrix

I don't think I was aware of this fingerprint stuff back then, buh I always wanted an iPhone 5... And sadly I never got one..
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by emmavis4u0052(m): 7:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
I think it was infinix cos I remember wen I wanted to get a phone last 2 yrs n I was shown one infinix phone dat has it n I was actually surprised
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by cadiz: 7:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
napoleon77:
Toshiba?

iPhone 5s had it in 2013
Samsung S5 in 2014
so toshiba was the first to have fingerprint but we didnt get them in nigeria na
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Desmondeo10: 7:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
Samsung ooo,s5 came out before those phones na
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by texazzpete(m): 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2017
Stealth China phone marketing thread.
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by passyaba: 7:18pm On Mar 31, 2017
lilmisspenney:

is it hot 4 or hot s or what??
May be hot s sha
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by ariksonconnect: 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
1.Motorola Atrix
2.iPhone 5s
3.Htc One max
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by kenoz(m): 7:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
It's one plus one
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by amakaenugu: 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2017
Smallbaby:
So I was arguing with a colleague yesterday about the company that first brought fingerprint Technology to Nigeria. I said it was Infinix, but she said no that it was one other brand like that. Since we tried Google and it not help matters, I decided to bring it on here, which phone company first brought Fingerprint technology in Nigeria first. Thank you.
I concor with op I think it was infinix
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by TheNathan(m): 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2017
kachi10000:
iPhone strtd the finger print ish with there iPhone 5s... followed by Samsung... I think tecno phantom 5 came out before hot s nd it had de finger print too soooo it's not infinix
help me tell em o
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by codeddon: 7:58pm On Mar 31, 2017
Huawei mate 7
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by SlyCharlie(m): 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
Glory12345:
i disagree to that tho coz it was infinix dat i knew first oo
Infinix Of what year..
Heard of Iphone 5s.. (Rocked that dame in my SS3/Predgree days back in 2013/2014)
Infinix, my dear, are learners... U didn't even mention Samsung s5??
Heck, I think Tecno even had a fingerprint phone b4 infinix
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by ExInferis(m): 8:25pm On Mar 31, 2017
It was this fella right here.

The Motorola Droid.

I owned one back in the day.

And you all forgot before the iPhone 5S there was the SGS5.

Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by nuel386: 8:25pm On Mar 31, 2017
Samsung s5
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by cadiz: 9:08pm On Mar 31, 2017
SlyCharlie:

Infinix Of what year..
Heard of Iphone 5s.. (Rocked that dame in my SS3/Predgree days back in 2013/2014)
Infinix, my dear, are learners... U didn't even mention Samsung s5??
Heck, I think Tecno even had a fingerprint phone b4 infinix
you know its not everybody that had access then, thats why

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
napoleon77:
Toshiba?

iPhone 5s had it in 2013
Samsung S5 in 2014

Thank u Bros.
I was lost when op and co were debating that infinix and these Chinese brands brot it to Nigeria.Is it that they dont know other high end phones like iphn,htc,sammy,moto,sony,lg etc exist ne abi... the life of a fish in a pond is wonderful.
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by donbee(m): 9:23pm On Mar 31, 2017
I think it is innjoo

Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by creed266: 9:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
donbee:
I think it is innjoo
innjoo ke? that one i cant even believe
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Lonan: 9:28pm On Mar 31, 2017
emmavis4u0052:
I think it was infinix cos I remember wen I wanted to get a phone last 2 yrs n I was shown one infinix phone dat has it n I was actually surprised
if i were to say infinix, i would say they made it more popular but it would be hard to agree on them being the first
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by SlyCharlie(m): 9:33pm On Mar 31, 2017
donbee:
I think it is innjoo
Please, what is injoo
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by greatman247(m): 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
Na iPhone
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by vanmusco(m): 10:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
It wan injoo 2
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Teeboi56: 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
EniolaO:

since m ignorant about other phones and aware of infinix.... il say infinix brought fingerprint technology to Nigeria
No no no it was tecno phantom 5 check Google very well
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Freshbaba95(m): 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
Though, I may be ignorant of the features of other devices but I think it's Infinix sha

Samsung did Note 4 edge.
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by tosyne2much(m): 10:15pm On Mar 31, 2017
Freshbaba95:

Samsung did Note 4 edge.
Waaa gbayi baba cool

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by cadiz: 10:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
Teeboi56:

No no no it was tecno phantom 5 check Google very well
i dont agree, it was not long it came out na
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Lonan: 10:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
vanmusco:
It wan injoo 2
abeg, and dem no sell??
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Kfed4ril(m): 10:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
kingblack:
are you sure it was not Samsung that did it first?

The first company to incorporate the finger print technology is Apple(iPhone) then followed by Samsung.

When did infinix start producing finger print phones self?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Track A Missing Phone Without Any Tracker / Top Smartphone Makers And The Football Teams They Support (PICS) / Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.