Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,230 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? (71625 Views)

"Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed / Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by haryomikun(m): 2:00am On Apr 01, 2017
mrsammy1010:
Wednesday's (29/03/2017) big win delivered just as promised. March proved to be a month to remember. contact me on the number below for today's (01/04/2017) as we look to continue our winning streak as we enter the new month..

Hey bro. This is ayomikun. Send the link to your Facebook profile here.

BTW, you can check through my profile as per what we talked about
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by fromnigeria(m): 2:48am On Apr 01, 2017
Teensway:
Please NLders,

I'm still a teenager but through with my high school. So i decided to look for money and i got this job to work as supporting staff at a microfinance bank. I worked there for 4 months and stopped working Yesterday after receiving this month salary. I travelled today to register for jamb from my salary and when i got back home, my mum said my boss came looking for me that i must submit my resignation letter. I wrote the letter and gave it to him, he collected it and returned it telling me that i must return the salary. He said i should have given the company one month notice before i would have been eligible for my salary or else the company will come to our house and seize some property. I told him to show me where those terms were written in agreement i signed, he got angry and started calling me names and threatened me. Please what should i do, abeg help me.

NB: I left because of my boss(branch manager) and the remaining loan officer started asking me to do jobs that were not part of

If you were the boss, owner of that business and your employer treats you this way, how would you react?

Your sincere answer is the answer to you seek here.

thanks
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Vindyk(m): 3:53am On Apr 01, 2017
dingbang:
just tell him so.. And don't even pick his calls ....
what if d manager dey read ur comment hia grin
dingbang:
just tell him so.. And don't even pick his calls ....
what if d manager dey read ur comment hia
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by amiibaby(f): 6:14am On Apr 01, 2017
phynofino:

The day you will walk the Park hope they put You on the same path

It seems u are a lover of blood?...

Cos blood will flow...

Not from me though...

But from u and the so called boss....
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by dingbang(m): 6:23am On Apr 01, 2017
Vindyk:
what if d manager dey read ur comment hia grin what if d manager dey read ur comment hia
he should go to hell
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 01, 2017
Teensway:
our agreement. Like washing clothes, washing toilets, etc

Have spent almost half of my salary, we are currently broke. Lalasticlala, Mynd44 please help me.

They cannot do anything.

The salary you collected is for a month you have already worked..

Refund fire. You are not even a core staff so their employment policy should not stand in your case..
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 01, 2017
Naughtysite:

They cannot do anything.

The salary you collected is for a month you have already worked..

Refund fire. You are not even a core staff so their employment policy should not stand in your case..
I'm planning to refund it.
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by fejikudz(m): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2017
being:
@OP: Just go and apologize to d man in his office. You could go with someone older than you for not giving some notice. True, it may not b stated in the employment letter and he really can't get back at you through legal means. But for peace and for d future, just tell him you are sorry. If he insists on d money, tell him your family has spent it that a lot of pressing things came up. Also, tell him d real reason you resigned was to do your school runs.
best contribution so far.. op take this advice
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by fexyrich(m): 9:49am On Apr 01, 2017
Go and apologise to ur boss..u might still need his help later in the future..it's good u give a pre notice Like one month notice before resigning so that they can find a replacement for you before your resignation is due..u have created a vacuum which can in turn affect the company..most companies have these policies..just tell him you are sorry and u have eaten the money ..if he continues disturbing you involve an elder in the matter ..ur parents shld be able to do somtin about itit.but never return dat salary cos u worked for it ..
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by MadCow1: 10:18am On Apr 01, 2017
sholeypra:
I don't think it's necessary to see the content of the employment letter. Companies have policies documented in form of employees hand book where all the do's and don't are disclosed. All contract agreements can't be disclosed in the letter of appointment.
We all know Nigeria,even if your boss is wrong in some areas try to maintain peace with him.
Also,please try never to be rude to him and don't claim right....Wisdom is profitable to direct. #Bewise

The employee handbook has to do with the guidelines of working in an organization. The Letter of employment is where the terms of employment, benefits and termination process are outlined. The terms of my employment may not be the same as the next guy. The letter of employment supercedes the employee guidelines if there is a conflict.

If the OP puts up his engagement letter here, then I will be able to read through it and let him know if he is in breach of the agreement.

2 Likes

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by YaksonFCA(m): 6:22pm On Apr 01, 2017
I did similar thing in early 2016 and heaven didnt fall.. Stand firm and defend your position.
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by phynofino: 12:40pm On Apr 03, 2017
pharmzy:

If you're still a kid that happens to come across data, I will advise that you concentrate on your studies while you grow your sense of reasoning. But if you've grown already, then I'm afraid for your tomorrow.
You must notify your employer before you leave, what if his resignation leads to loss ? idiota You never ran a business so you don't know nothing ezi ofia
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Originalsly: 12:26am On Apr 04, 2017
Hmmm....slavery. He should be paying you for 4 months. Get your teenage friends to gather some rotten eggs .... if he returns let them know.... they'll know what to do.
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Ndipe(m): 9:01am On Mar 13, 2019
I think what your former boss, threatening to seoze your property is unprofessional.
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by olahbc: 3:47am On Apr 15, 2019
if you are looking for another source of income here is recharge and get paid kiss
1. Gives u d *license to own a VTU (e-recharge cards) platform just like d banks.*
2.Vend airtime, all networks.
3. Sell data all networks.
4. Pay for TV subscription, DsTV, GoTV & Star times.
5. Pay for Utilities.
6. Operate on ur phone from ur comfort zone 24/7.
7. Pay awesomely every day, no delay.
� its a good additional source of income,with just #5000 you can start.
*ASKMEHOW*

For more info ���
https:///I9igB2Ni5cz4UN08xAi2HB
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Mirriamvic(f): 5:25am On Apr 15, 2019
I Left My Place Of Work This Year And She Used A lawyer Against Me Because I signed Such . I Took Fears Away , Even Thou I Was Guilty But I Have To Reply The Lawyer Add Some Leverage I Have Against Her UpTill Now I Have Not Heard From Them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Walks Around Unclad In Office To Boost Workers' Morale In Poland / First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result / Which Are The Highest Paying Parastatals And Companies In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.