Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,564 members, 7,865,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:19 PM

Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US - Politics (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (62476 Views)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / Bombs Fail To Detonate As Suicide Bomber Rams Into Military Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Kinkinatus(m): 2:19pm On Dec 26, 2009
So worldwide, every flight is going to be delayed and the knock on effect is that most Nigerian students travelling will suffer delays and unnecessary hassles over the issue of this first Nigerian terrorist. Why does this have to happen?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by tunku(m): 2:19pm On Dec 26, 2009
Right on, I wonder how the guy got radicalized in the first place. Would his Yemeni wife had anything to do with that? Why not cut off funding to him completely when he went to Dubai and proclaimed that he wanted nothing to do with his family? No normal 23 year old without huge wealth can afford to live where he as lived and no ordinary Nigerian travels as extensively as he traveled.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by MrCartha: 2:21pm On Dec 26, 2009
Pataki:

This is what I term as ''idiotic patronizing claptrap''. He knew of his son's extremist view all along, yet still gives him the best of the best of funding and travel expenses acrosss the world? How was his son able to afford a 4million pound rented apartment to student in Central London? Suddenly, the news of his son comes flying out, Muttalab himself declares he has notified the US of his extreme Islamic views. Total incoherent jargons.

This why I said the terrorist father's home should be checked to make sure that terrorist №. 1 bin laden is not dishing there!!! grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 2:21pm On Dec 26, 2009
So worldwide, every flight is going to be delayed and the knock on effect is that most Nigerian students travelling will suffer delays and unnecessary hassles over the issue of this first Nigerian terrorist. Why does this have to happen?

because we are black
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Horus(m): 2:23pm On Dec 26, 2009
Now every Nigerian in the world even traveling with an ordinary soap powder will be a terror suspect.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 2:23pm On Dec 26, 2009
Kinkinatus:

Because our country is useless.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by PapaBrowne(m): 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2009
Sanusi is linked to Mutallab
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by koolchicco: 2:25pm On Dec 26, 2009
Mr. Cartha:

This why I said the terrorist father's home should be checked to make sure that terrorist №. 1 bin laden is not dishing there!!! grin

grin grin Una no go kill me today! grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 26, 2009
The scenario we now found ourselves in as a nation (yaradua AWOL) may create opportunities for d western world to force down our throats issues like africom etc., our politicians may likewise uses dis as a tool to further negotiate their interest within d corridors of power. Does anyone has info on what d nigerian govt. is doing about this?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by WilyWily: 2:26pm On Dec 26, 2009
TERRORIST 'lagos boy'  + TERRORIST 'SEFAGO = Nigeria AL-QAEDA
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by MrCartha: 2:26pm On Dec 26, 2009
ezeagu:

Because our country is useless.

No, that u're useless by making this stupid insinuation!!!
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2009
TERRORIST 'lagos boy' + TERRORIST 'SEFAGO = Nigeria AL-QAEDA

wily wily south south gangster u no get oyibo to kidnap today?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Pataki: 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2009
Lagosboy:

Pataki and elrazur

Can you please read this, I bet it was his fathers report to them that made them include him on the so called "list" of terrorists.
@Pataki
Do you still want his father investigated?
It is only in Nigeria a a person commits a crime and his whole family are arrested . Pataki you are only displaying the typical mindset of a nigeria police officer.

I have replied you thus:
Pataki:

This is what I term as ''idiotic patronizing claptrap''. He knew of his son's extremist view all along, yet still gives him the best of the best of funding and travel expenses acrosss the world? How was his son able to afford a 4million pound rented apartment to student in Central London? Suddenly, the news of his son comes flying out, Muttalab himself declares he has notified the US of his extreme Islamic views. Total incoherent jargons.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by koolchicco: 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2009
WilyWily:

TERRORIST 'lagos boy'  + TERRORIST 'SEFAGO = Nigeria AL-QAEDA
grin

shocked shocked angry angry
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by oderemo(m): 2:30pm On Dec 26, 2009
He knew of his son's extremist view all along, yet still gives him the best of the best of funding and travel expenses ACROSS the world? How was his son able to afford a 4million pound rented apartment to student in Central London? Suddenly, the news of his comes flying out, Muttalab himself declares he has notified the US of his extreme Islamic views. Total incoherent JARGON'S.[quote][/quote]

@ Pataki , can you pls tell us what this older muthalab could have done differently, all am reading is assumption, are you saying with facts that most of this boy activities could not be funded elsewhere. ?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by tunku(m): 2:32pm On Dec 26, 2009
remo you try living in central london without the backing of wealth as a foreigner in an upscale neighborhood. All your terrorist ambitions would be dashed if you had to worry about paying rent.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by FMK(m): 2:33pm On Dec 26, 2009
Guys  i just read a News paper now  saying that Visa is cancelled for nigerians People to South Africa  Wold Cup 2010  cry
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 2:34pm On Dec 26, 2009
^liar
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by tunku(m): 2:34pm On Dec 26, 2009
FMK:

Guys  i just read a News paper now  saying that Visa is cancelled for nigerians People to South Africa  Wold Cup 2010  cry

blessing in disguise I reckon. Those SA are still killing fellow black africans.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by redsky1: 2:35pm On Dec 26, 2009
people stop looking at what has happened today and look at the wider long term implications of this case. Yes Nigerians get denied visa all the time  but now it will be worse , and no America will not be invading Nigeria - lets get real for the people who are saying there will be a war.

anyway now they will stop allowing people to carry anything as hand luggage now, u think  the west looks at this as "he is from the north" the way the news here keep repeating Nigeria is hurting my ear.

they are saying that they gave (the FBI) NIGERIA 3 body screening things for people travelling out of the country - now i have been to Nigeria 6 times in the past 18 months and have not seen any new screening machine so only God knows what our wonderful (dripping sarcasm) government have done with them. so now expect more stress when you travel out and you are Nigerian.

and please can someone tell me why this stupid boy with all his money and education would do something like this - watching sky news now and his central London apartment is not for the normal student u see. when they release him from hospital i hope they put him in one of the toughest prisons in America - dropping the soap will be the least of his problems - but knowing Nigeria they will get him deported to Nigeria where he will do big boy for naija.

this useless 23 year old has now caused increase hassle when travelling - u people think  it will be restricted to America - na lie - its will now become worldwide rules.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 2:37pm On Dec 26, 2009
ropping the soap will be the least of his problems - but knowing Nigeria they will get him deported to Nigeria where he will do big boy for naija.

you must be kidding, the guy is going to one of the classic american prisons nigeria my foot. The guy is bleeped literally. In those prisons some of the guards force the prisoners to eat s.h.it and also stick stuff of their butt.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by puyaca(m): 2:41pm On Dec 26, 2009
Picture of the suspect on CNN website.

Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by MrCartha: 2:41pm On Dec 26, 2009
SEFAGO:

you must be kidding, the guy is going to one of the classic american prisons nigeria my foot. The guy is bleeped literally. In those prisons some of the guards force the prisoners to eat s.h.it and also stick stuff of their butt.

This leaves a question: Have u been there b4?! undecided shocked
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 2:42pm On Dec 26, 2009
tunku:

blessing in disguise I reckon. Those SA are still killing fellow black africans.

In short its like their using them for Bush meat.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2009

This leaves a question: Have u been there b4?

na ur business grin, anyways,
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2009
Mr. Cartha:

This leaves a question: Have u been there b4?! undecided shocked

You will be waiting for that answer until a cold day in hell.  grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ElRazur: 2:47pm On Dec 26, 2009
On a lighter note:

Aren't we lucky that the teaching at UCL is so bad that he couldn't rig his detonator correctly? Fortunately he was an engineering student and not doing interior design.

grin Lmao.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 26, 2009
If his father has intimated the american govt. of his sons extremist belief/ behaviors how come he was able to get on the plane with d socalled explosives? Do they just setup d guy to fall mugu or is the nigerian govt. they want as d proper mugu? How do we as nation handle this now when our president has gone mute? This is a national dillema o and i hope yaradua footsoldiers realises this on time to allow d VP assume the presidency b4 more crisis occurs
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by freed(m): 2:51pm On Dec 26, 2009
this rotten muslim has always been a terrorist right from small, no be today this devils in muslim dey disturb am

The suspect, Abdulfarouk Muttalab who is an engineering student at the University College, London had been noted for his extreme views on religion since his secondary school days at the British International School, Lome, Togo

At the secondary school, he was known for preaching about Islam to his school mates and he qwas popularly called ëAlfaí , a local coinage for Islamic scholar. After his secondary school, the young man, family sources said, once relocated to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates from where he declared to his family members that he did not want to have anything to do with any of them again.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by oderemo(m): 2:53pm On Dec 26, 2009
yaradua footsoldiers realises this on time to allow d VP assume the presidency b4 more crisis occurs

Like DEC 31.12.2009 MILLITA RY COUP.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Princek12(m): 2:53pm On Dec 26, 2009
Watching CNN and Fox news repeat and stress his Nigerian nationality makes me sad!
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by redsky1: 2:55pm On Dec 26, 2009
Princek12:

Watching CNN and Fox news repeat and stress his Nigerian nationality makes me sad!
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

its hurting my ear, so now this is what we will be known for. as if our nations reputation is not nad enough as it is

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (57) (Reply)

Buhari Expresses Sadness As APC Loses 50 Elective Seats / Military Jet Combs Orlu For ESN Operatives After Failed Land Combat / EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.