Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,175 members, 7,849,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:21 AM

Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US - Politics (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (62379 Views)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / Bombs Fail To Detonate As Suicide Bomber Rams Into Military Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by oderemo(m): 3:25pm On Dec 26, 2009
ASSUMING the he was being funded elsewhere and kept mute on it. And furthermore, who would fund a boy with so much wealth, without a vested interest in him? Al-Queda? I laugh in rhetorics.  

@ at pataki, you are the judge and the jury blend in one. well i laugh after you . heheh.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by tunku(m): 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2009
Lagosboy how about this. There is no way the boy could have financed his lifestyle at his age. His Father is wealthy. His Father is married to a yemeni woman. He went to Yemen to get the device to blow up the plane. Yet we are suppose to believe that he didn't have material support from his family. You hide behind logic but show none of it.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by gidson12(m): 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2009
At least the world go fit condone our 419, but as terrorist, dat one be say dem don banish us, chei cry
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2009
@puyaka thats a picture of a woman,
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Parohfrey(f): 3:28pm On Dec 26, 2009
[size=38pt]1 Nigerian terrorist caught in America, 1 million Terrorists in the Nigerian Niger Delta - whats the difference?[/size]

Religion?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Princek12(m): 3:28pm On Dec 26, 2009
mbulela:

in my view, this is an isolated case.
the average nigerian loves his life too much to go into sucide bombing.
it is not in our make up.
The average Nigerian from the South, West, and East maybe!But those Islamic Northerners don't give a damn about giving their lives for their Islamic Religion. The Islamic Northerners who are willing to start a Holy war against Christians in the North (of course using Islamic religion as the Impetus) are willing to give their lives for the sake of religion. Can't you remember all the Religious riots perpetrated against Christians in the North?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ChapelleS: 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2009
gidson12:

At least the world go fit condone our 419, but as terrorist, dat one be say dem don banish us, chei cry

If the guy duped Obama or his daughters,I would have been clapping for him but see what he has done to us all. They should check if that guy has mental problems.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2009
@prince12 you are right, those northerns are no different from this al queda, they are willing to die for their religion and thats the mindset thet this boy had when he boarded that plane
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by mbulela: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2009
Pataki:

What constitutes an ''average Nigerian''? Someone who is ready to kill his fellow being (rituals) for money? Or a Boko Haram trained useless being is an ''average Nigerian''? Or a MEND fundamentalist is an ''average Nigerian''?
but they are not willing to kill themselves in the process.
The average Nigerian is too cowardly for suicide tendencies.

the MEND fundamentalists are in it for the money.
the ritual killer is in it for the money.
The only lot you can argue for is the Boko haram folks.
even that one has to be fully researched.
if nigerians were not cowards and  not giving to suicide tendencies, our rapist political elite would long be gone.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by tunku(m): 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2009
fey you feckless idiot. There is a difference between fighting for your land and fighting for some abstract idea of a global islamic caliphate that demands the subjugation of everyone. I wish upon you the most horrible of endings.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2009
I am just relieved the guy comes from northen Nigeria,The land of Islamic nuts.
If this had been a Yoruba Muslim or some 419 Igbo Muslim,I would have been more terrified.
We all knew it was just a matter of time before those almajiris up north joined their arab masters in what they are known for.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Onwan: 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2009
With the US there is always a conspiracy going on;

He has aweak point - he is spoilt - AGREED, BUT;

1. Who approached him with the request?
2. Who gave him the instructions?
3. Who is "Alqaeda' OR "Bin Laden"?

My feeling is that they need two things from this whole setup;

1. Nigerian
2. Terrorism

Its like an investment for them to support the mounting of Africom in Africa.

To hell with them!
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2009
Perhaps, this has given more regard to members here. It has attracted over 1500 comments. Possibly, it is too serious than met my imagination.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2009
i dont want to imagine what nigerians that are currently travelling will have to go through when coming back or leaving right now, especially in amsterdam
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Princek12(m): 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2009
@ paroh Frey: I refuse to insert your quote because of its unnecessary large and bold font. The difference is that the Niger Delta "terrorists" direct their attack against their enemies head on, leaving no room to harm innocent unconcerned and unsuspecting people. These Islamic terrorists, on the other hand, are willing to kill innocent people, however many, just to further their cause! Why kill innocent people?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ElRazur: 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2009
Onwan:

With the US there is always a conspiracy going on;

He has aweak point - he is spoilt - AGREED, BUT;

1. Who approached him with the request?
2. Who gave him the instructions?
3. Who is "Alqaeda' OR "Bin Laden"?

My feeling is that they need two things from this whole setup;

1. Nigerian
2. Terrorism

Its like an investment for them to support the mounting of Africom in Africa.

To hell with them!

With mindset like yours, I have a feeling Nigeria will be forever playing catch up on every level that matters. sad
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2009
oh the just showed the picture of the idiot on CNN. they are investigating his former house in london
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by mbulela: 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2009
Princek12:

@ paroh Frey: I refuse to insert your quote because of its unnecessary large and bold font. The difference is that the Niger Delta "terrorists" direct their attack against their enemies head on, leaving no room to harm innocent unconcerned and unsuspecting people. These Islamic terrorists, on the other hand, are willing to kill innocent people, however many, just to further their cause! Why kill innocent people?
in addition, the Niger delta nuts are in it for the money.
the ideology is all about money making.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by otokx(m): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2009
That guy should claim mental insanity.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2009
wow CNN just showed his former apartment this guy is a wealthy fool oh
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Pataki: 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2009
Lagosboy:

Now listen

The boys act is terrorist  and i have in no way condoned the act so please do not imply what i have never said.

What is father's link that is the question i am begging for an answer.

If a father supports his son like everyother parents does , what has he done wrong.

The boy lived in the basement flat in a massion where some other rich UCL students probably lived so what?

How can you on eart say women dont have a say in nother homes, now that is simply tribalist statement , little wonder why Turai Yaradua is holding Nigeria to Ransom.

You tried to link the jaiz islamic bank with this act which i brought to you attention and you have never thought to withdraw it.

Please think again my old pal

I will catch you later anyway as i am out of here
What is the father's link to the story you ask? How does a 23yr old boy have links to Yemen? Where did he get it from? Keep in mind that his own father is married to a Yemenese woman. In Yemen, the main lingua franca is Arabic. So I assume he is versed in Arabic language - comprising of writing, understanding and speaking.

Nothing wrong with a father giving his son good support in all aspect of his life. True. But when he (the son) holds an extremist view, and yet the same father still keeps on sponsoring him for travels across the globe, does that speak well of the father?

Living in the basement of a 4million pounds rented apartment? And yet you make it sound as if he is living in a garage or warehouse store in Abule Egba. Please you live in the UK, you know even a basement with that high amount and value has all the basic furnishings other apartments in that building has.

Do not tell me that women in Islam have a say in their homes especially in Northern Nigeria! That would be totally ridiculous to read from you. The fther has never for once come out to say he renounced his son as a father, so it is only logical to deduce that he was responsible for whatever expenses the son might be engaging in with. Allow reason and logical deductions to flow in our conversation here please.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Epi: 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2009
0hsisi:

I am just relieved the guy comes from northen Nigeria,The land of Islamic nuts.
If this had been a Yoruba Muslim or some 419 Igbo Muslim,I would have been more terrified.
We all knew it was just a matter of time before those almajiris up north joined their arab masters in what they are known for.
grin grin grin grin cry cry cry cry grin grin grin raucously funny grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by maxsiollun: 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2009
Very tragic news. I am glad no lives were lost. But the "loser" here is the Nigerian nation because Nigerian citizens will now be subject to even greater profiling and security checks. You can now add terrorism to the list of negative foreign stereotypes of Nigerians alongside, 419, forgery and drug trafficking.

The fact that Nigeria has a 50% Muslim population will now bring unwelcome attention from the US and the unsophisticated news reporting outlets over there like Fox.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Princek12(m): 3:40pm On Dec 26, 2009
The sad part is the Nigerian government lacks enough backbone to go to the North and weed out all those Al qaeda Malos! The Emirs and the Sultan will probably interfere with  government efforts aimed at obliterating Alqaeda faithfuls in the North. Those Emirs may even be on the payroll of Osama Bin Laden.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ChapelleS: 3:40pm On Dec 26, 2009
Have they briefed Yar'Adua? I hope this does not slide him further down in his comatose state. Nigeria needs to split along religious line. I still can't imagine a Yoruba and Igbo man and woman being labeled as terrorist. Is no more drugs,they have added the worst evil on earth to our profile. Where is the re branding apostle. This one is one uppercut to the whole campaign. Imagine myself being a terrorist and blasting myself when I have not driven that Mercedes Benz 2011 model. There are a lot of pretty girls out there and someone is thinking of sleeping with virtual virgins.Am sorry for the north. They will have to start converting to Christianity and adopt our christian names.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2009
he lives in a grand apartment in london which means he has great finanacial means, he went to the best school in the country, i mean why would he want to lose everything?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by tunku(m): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2009
Isn't Yardull still in Saudi Arabia? Isn't that the country where most of the financial funding for 9/11 as well as most of the hijackers come from? I think Dear President should be thoroughly upon his return flight, lest he wants to leave turai and go party with 72 virgins.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Onwan: 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2009
@Elrazor
Its not a mind-set, its a fact based instinct. You have no basic idea what "catch up" is at any level - You might want to figure out who you are "catching up" to, and confirm IF they are NOT trying to catch up with you. We are not the other countries in the world - we are not slaves or sign boards, WE ARE NIGERIA. BETTER BELEIVE IT OR , OFF

@ Ohsisi
I would appreciate if you can explain the term "419 Ibo Muslim", there are three terms there; 419, Ibo and Muslim - I am Ibo, an Onwan and Im proud to be that by all means, standards and in whatever condition and situation; My concern is why you have to mention 419, are you saying;

1. Ibos are 419?
2. Ibo Muslims are 419? OR
3. That "419" Ibos are Muslims

I'll appreciate if you can explain this. I wont like to hold anything against you.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2009
@chapelle yes we need to seperate from them,
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Princek12(m): 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2009
It is the Yoruba and Ibos and all the subtribes who will suffer from the stereotype that will arise out of this incident. Those Malos rarely travel out of Nigeria anyway so harm to them will be minimal.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Pataki: 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2009
Please even Yaradull should be investigated. No little wonder he would prefer to jet off to Saudi when the UN meeting was on, only to be attending the opening of a University there.

Sometimes I weep for my country. I think it is time we separated, and everyone finds their square root.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by mbulela: 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2009
ijeoma2619:

@prince12 you are right, those northerns are no different from this al queda, they are willing to die for their religion and thats the mindset thet this boy had  when he boarded that plane
such generalisation is unfair.
i have northern muslim friends who are nothing but models of humanity and moderation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (57) (Reply)

Party Sharing Money In The Presence Of Security Agents - Sahara Reporters / Innoson Delivers Official Car To Ben-bruce (photos) / MC Oluomo Rolls Out Relief Package For Lagos Bus Drivers, Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.