Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,895 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? (30217 Views)

The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 05, 2017
germainediva:
Marriage is a scam,women suffer alot in African marriage,marriage is difficult,Africans are hypocrites, DON'T get married esp if you are a woman living in nigeria...if you do,you will be misrable all your life.but since society will not let you be,make sure you are financially stable and don't have more than 2 kids.

Just curious but why ? Marriage scam I mean
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by nemeomire: 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2017
Trust no one. Family first
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by paulavon: 4:17pm On Apr 05, 2017
Never cut off anyone from your life or burn the bridges of friendship even if they have done You wrong in the past.

A guy who stole my money amounting to 700k,after some years helped me to get a high paying job in an international oil and gas company.

Another friend who I borrowed some money and refused to pay, he later helped in linking me up with a good business deal.

So in life you learn from past mistakes but still maintain contact.

Life has also taught me not to envy anyone I see in the day because I don't know what they do at night.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by daneni1(m): 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2017
Never to put my money in a ponzi scheme.
Never to depend on anyone
To bet for fun and not to see betting as a means to an end
To be as humble as d sand
To love me myself and I
To never forget or forsake family.

And lastly, to only keep few friends who knows the true meaning of who a friend is.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Khalifa04: 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
tapzy:
Life has taught me to Fear Poverty not Death

you must be super rich now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by iksmoore(m): 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2017
Life has taught me that there is no substitute to hardwork .

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by gnykelly(m): 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2017
germainediva:
Marriage is a scam,women suffer alot in African marriage,marriage is difficult,Africans are hypocrites, DON'T get married esp if you are a woman living in nigeria...if you do,you will be misrable all your life.but since society will not let you be,make sure you are financially stable and don't have more than 2 kids.

would you say this if you are married to RMD.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by tonio2wo: 4:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
never judge anybody!
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Jamean(f): 4:31pm On Apr 05, 2017
There's a way out of every situation

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by dangwarmai(m): 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2017
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by aluko360(m): 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2017
* every dog has his own day

*always remember where you are coming from.

*it is not about what happens to you, the way you handle situations is what really matters

* the sky is big enough for us.

*humility costs nothing but it definately open doors for you.

*never make conclusions in a haste.

*spoken words are like broken eggs, listen more and talk less.

*the possibilities in the world is limitless, so never stop believing in yourself.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by trustworthy1(f): 4:41pm On Apr 05, 2017
life has taught me not to compare myself with any other person rather I should try and be better than the person I was yesterday.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by makasimatics(m): 4:47pm On Apr 05, 2017
I have finally learnt that I am alone in this world.

Every body ,both family and friends ,have showed me that I am alone.

My aim is to try to stay alive,and healthy,and as well, make it( by the grace of God) ,so that family and friends would recognize me again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by livingseed: 4:47pm On Apr 05, 2017
That:

Children are the ultimate gifts of life.

Every good mom is a description of God.

Intentional fatherhood is the most fullfilling job.

Sow good deeds reap good deeds, sow bad deeds reap bad deeds.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 05, 2017
TALK LESS,
TRUST NO ONE,
DONT BE FOOLED WHEN YOU GET TOO MANY LIKES... NO ONE GIVES A FVCK!
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by jayAjoku(m): 4:54pm On Apr 05, 2017
Chase a check never chase a Bìtch as simple as that

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by firebaby(f): 4:56pm On Apr 05, 2017
1.Life has taught me to trust more in God than men
2.Life has taught me to always have the spirit of I no go gree...I will surely win
3.Life has taught me to always mind my business no matter what
4.Life has taught me that some1 else mother can never be like your mummy
5.Life has taught me that at the end of the tunnel there will always be light
6.Life has taught to stay POSITIVE ALWAYS!!!!!!
7.Life has taught me be myself in all ways....don't envy others cos you don't know their source of wealth...thank you

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by boninho: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2017
God first in everything One of the worst things in life is to die a poor man A man yet to establish a reasonable level of financial freedom has no business with relationships

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by jeffe2000: 5:11pm On Apr 05, 2017
Beware of pple dat has no enemy Beware of hypers dy will only make u upstacle to urself Let U be the source of ur happiness U can 4give buh never 4get Dnt expect everyone around u to think as u do,it is a free world nt ur own.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Izugab(m): 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2017
1. Learn to say "NO" 2.Don't be too " NICE " 3.Love Yourself

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Bamz(m): 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:
That:

I never have to givvva damn, while others over-dose on their own insecurities!
10 years on NL!
It has worked on and off line! kiss

Let Them Say! grin
Learnt that from my extremely STRONG mom!

Love you mommy! Always. kiss

10 years on NL as well. Its been an amazing journey. Life has taught me to:

1. Focus on myself and not get carried away by others successes. Eccl. 3 tells us there there will be varying times and seasons in life.

2. Learn to persevere.
You don't want to get older and be filled with regrets as to how a little perseverance would have changed the future.

3. Invest in myself. It's good to chase money but not at the expense of your passion.

4. Learn from elderly people. Good for me that I work with people much older than I am. They share their life experiences and this influences my life decisions to a major extent.

5. Not be afraid to fail. Failure is simply a way not to do something. It builds your character going forward.

6. Manage time: we can't predict our lifespan, the more time we spend doing things not in alignment with our dreams and goals, kills our time, which in turn takes away a valuable part of our lifespan that we can't recover. Having that sense of urgency about life would only help manage time properly.

7. Always trust in God even in my faithlessness and sinfulness.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by mctowel01: 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2017
panini:
People may mean well giving you advice, but it may lead you astray.
The fact that a respected elderly man tries to direct you doesn't compel you to obey. Own your life.
Clean... to the point
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

Literally what i was going to say from begining till end.

smiley
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Smith16(m): 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2017
All those friends are just there because they can benefit from you nothing like friends, the only thing you have is family.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by maasoap(m): 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
Charliiee:
No one owes you anything. You're all you've got.
Short and simple but hard fact. I learned this when my wife won US Visa Lottery 2013, last edition for Nigerians.
Since then, I understood that no one owed me anything.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by kannyluv(f): 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
Mzsolmi:
seconded....like seriously theirs nothing like family & blood.Damn! they can support you even when you made the worst mistake in life or ignored, insulted,humiliated and embarrassed them,mum,dad,siblings will always care n give the slightest Bleep even go through any means possible to defend n protect yo sorry ass.talking from experience tho And another thing is,Trust no one,try seeing the good n bad in ppl,mind yo fucking self,live yo life to please yoself only.
it makes me cry when I hear people talking positively about their family.......mine is a different case..........I knew not the joy of a family.....Is it because my parents are no more?. Sad mood activated

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Theblackstalln: 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
Always try to be happy with yourself and believe in God
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 05, 2017
Alero3Arubi:

The wrong woman?
How so?
What did you overlook so we too can know.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Theblackstalln: 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2017
SmartBug:
A life without ‘betting’ is the perfect life.
Of course if it is not your way
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by zaltanera(m): 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2017
1 trust no one 2 depend on no one 3 Love ur immediate family because dey are all you gat on dis earth. 4 plan only on wat you have. 5 pay people in their own coin 6 Give no Bleep.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Ajicold(f): 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
At The End Of The Day Is Just Me And Baba God

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Lagban(m): 6:06pm On Apr 05, 2017
Handwork pays big time.
Your ability to persevere in life determines how successful you will be i.e there is no success without any trace of failure. Failure isn't the end of the world.
Shit happens : life is not fair however u r d only one who fan turn things around yourself.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Elder Sister Who Stopped School So He Can Finish His / Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage / Dead Baby Found Abandoned Inside A Gutter In Benin (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.