Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,253 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? (18984 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: I Cart My Tithe In Trailer Loads To God / "N42million Tithe In Benue Is Chicken Feed" - Bishop Kukah / Woman Pledges Daughter As Tithe In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Johnpaul09(m): 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
This is one of the best topics on this forum. Please let us ask right questions, nice suggestions and contributions that will have good impact in our lives, especially, as it concerns our relationship with God. Read your Bible always because ignorance of The Bible leads to destruction.
My dear read the following chapters and verses as many have stated here before me; Deuteronomy 14:22-29, Malachi 3:6-12 (about tithe) and Matthew 25:35-40 (about doing good to people) and our dear God will richly bless you. Thank you and remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by nairashopping(m): 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
greatnaija01:
pls use several translations and study MALACHI CHAPTER 3.... so you understand... CHILDREN DO NOT REPRESENT GOD.... If God instructed tithe then Give it to God. You may be religious but it is clear you do not know your bible as you should o... bros don't give to man what you should give to God... God is jealous o. TITHE IS NOT A CHURCH DONATION o.

Are they using the money to buy food into the house of God as Malachi as stated or they are using it to buy cars.

God want food to be plenty in his house but most churches are dried like........

Poor members are suffering, pastors are living flamboyant life.

May God reveal Himself to us the more.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by vick4eva: 1:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
Your tithe is the 10% of your income and you pay it to the church you're been blessed. You can give the rest 90% to any NGO you want
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Roseey0(f): 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
You R not under any law.

I will be starting an NGo with my 20℅
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by fufuNegusi(m): 1:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
B
greatnaija01:
pls use several translations and study MALACHI CHAPTER 3.... so you understand... CHILDREN DO NOT REPRESENT GOD.... If God instructed tithe then Give it to God. You may be religious but it is clear you do not know your bible as you should o... bros don't give to man what you should give to God... God is jealous o. TITHE IS NOT A CHURCH DONATION o.

Amazing
Tithe is not a church donation

God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Babysheart(f): 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
Give to the kids. God doesn't need your cash.

I was once faced with this dilemma and I got the right answer from a missionary pastor. A white American

1 Like

Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by demio007: 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2017
Read Heb chapter 7.
You will understand Tithe is what was instructed under the law. We not under the law anymore but under the grace.

The law to be paid to the Levi under the priesthood to law but now we are under the priesthood of Jesus and Jesus came from the Tribe of Judah.

What this current priesthood want from us is helping the needy, the less privilege and the motherless in our society.

Pls go ahead and pay your money to help the less privilege.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Titilayooni(f): 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
Try it like this,give ur 10% to God and support the NGO with whatever u can afford...dnt do the mistake of not paying ur tithe,its a key to financial prosperity
swimmer:

Titilayo. I appreciate ur mature response however, what about the statement of Jesus that 'as long as you do it for these ones, you have done it for me'?

This can also be construed to say if you give it to these ones, u have given it to Jesus.

Overall I know God judges the heart and if God sees that he is giving the 10% in his heart believing he is doing it for God...twill be acceptable.

Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by fadedayo: 1:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
As a pastor, I preached that the people should give (some would say "pay"wink their tithes. I was "brought up" that way by those I "met" in the faith. I paid tithes myself; and, I tell you, it's so FULFILLING paying tithes. I DID NOT (in any discernible way) receive any 'special blessing' by paying tithe. It was just "fulfilling" knowing that I was doing something that was supposed to be pleasing to God.

And, like I said, I preached it too, although I wasn't too emphatic about it. I simply told the people to give one-tenth of their income, and in addition, "add" something extra as offering. I did not call them "forward" during a service to "pay" their tithes. They were required to simply drop it in the offering bucket along with their offering. They didn't have to write their name on their tithe "envelope" (the envelope wasn't provided by the church, anyway. The reason for asking them to put it in an envelope or wrapped in some paper, was just to allow the ushers who counted the money to know how much to record as "tithe" and how much to record as "offering." That's all). I did not try to find out who was paying tithe and who wasn't.

But, today, after decades of experience in the Word of God, it's crystal clear that "tithe" is not a "law" of the New Testament (New Creation). (Does the New Testament even have any "Law" at all? NONE!) Neither is "tithe" limited to the Law of Moses. Before the Law of Moses, people gave tithe. It was simply an "act of Worship" to thank God for all things He has done and to "acknowledge" Him as the giver of All. I would have to be a "manipulator" today, to say or "preach" or "teach" "tithing "as a legal requirement under the New Testament (the New Creation).

Copied, however I agree with the message.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by ILAB(f): 1:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
Malachi 3:8-10,deut 14:22-30. Your tithe is God's own,which is needed to be taken to the church. If you wana give to the less privilege, den remove from the remaining with you to help them(seed sowing).Do not rob God,itz an instruction from God,let no man brain wash you telling you d pastors will devour dem.if u give,God knows and any pastor who refuse to do d needful with it will be judged by God.and the truth is our men of God must eat from the gift you bring to church itx not a sin only wen dey devour wat is not xpected of them.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by UncutSk(m): 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2017
Jesus didn't say shit about tithe so I ain't paying shit to nobody

2 Likes

Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
martineverest:
no sir.....jesus christ said helping the needy is the best way to help God....mattew twenty five vs thirty five to fouty

So God now needs help?
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
ILAB:
Malachi 3:8-10,deut 14:22-30. Your tithe is God's own,which is needed to be taken to the church. If you wana give to the less privilege, den remove from the remaining with you to help them(seed sowing).Do not rob God,itz an instruction from God,let no man brain wash you telling you d pastors will devour dem.if u give,God knows and any pastor who refuse to do d needful with it will be judged by God.and the truth is our men of God must eat from the gift you bring to church itx not a sin only wen dey devour wat is not xpected of them.

Do you abide by all the other Old Testament laws?

If not, why?
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Emaimo: 1:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
Giving it to support the poor is not and does not in any way represent tithe. Pay your tithe in church, drop it in the offering basket not to any pastor and still support the poor.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by martineverest(m): 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
BuddhaPalm:

So God now needs help?
read and comprehend pls
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by busomma: 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
So people still pay tithe? Guess must be those that have no sense. Keep on giving ur money to pastors to live opulent life style & build expensive schools u can't afford to send ur children. Mumu.

1 Like

Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by xest(m): 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
greatnaija01:

is not must that he should pay it to church. More over God does not need ur money. Helping those kids to become someone is more pleasing to God than tithing to fatten a Pastors pocket. Brother am with u 100%.i also will lik to support this project with my 10%

1 Like

Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by xest(m): 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2017
Tbillz:
Bro tithe is a key to impossible doors, Do the needful and watch as wonder unfolds
ur bank account don full since u dey giv pastor ur tithe?
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by olash: 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
Tithes is not scritptural. It was instituted to support the tribe of Levi who had no inheritance in the land. Numbers12:21,24. They were to serve as priest in the tarbenacle and later in the temple. Also, the priests were to give a tenth of what they got. Numbers 10:37. If a Jew were to give cash instead of farm produce the he adds 5% of value. Leviticus27:31. Also the tithes were used to support vulnerable members of the society. Deuteronomy 14:28,29 and Deuteronomy 26:12.
We are no longer under the law of Moses and as such no need for a literal temple no sacrifices and no priests and logically no tithing which was to support the priests. Take for example we dont observe sabbath, we dont make animal sacrifice, we dont need to circumcise cos we are not under the law of Moses same with tithes. Acts15:1-6, Hebrews 7:27; Hebrews 9:12-14. The temple was already destroyed by the Romans as Jesus foretold Matthew 23:37,38; Luke 21:20-24; Ephesians 2:15; Colosians 2:13,14
The shift from the law of Moses to the law of Christ make GIVING VOLUNTARY NOT COMPULSORY. Luke 6:38; Luke 18:22; Acts 20:35
Also Paul emphasized same point 2Corinthians 8:12-15 and 2 Corinthians 9:7
The apostles never depended on tithes and as such never enriched themselves and were not a financial burden to others. 1 Thessolonians 2:6-9; 2 Thessolonians 3:6-12; Phillipians 4:11-13. Rather, Paul like others had to work to care for his needs even though he could use his position to depend on others. Acts18:1-3. Paul himself had to work not only for himself but to donate to others in need. Acts 11:27-30
Tithes is a ploy by theives "god if men" not men of God to exploit gullible people.
The video link below says it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY
When u give tithes u dont give God money, u only fuel the exotic cars of those men while u trek, u pay for their mansions while u struggle to pay for ur face me i face you, u contribute to their universities which u cant afford to send your wards, u maintain their private jets while you struggle to fuel your car if u have any.
Read Acts 20:29,30; Philipians 3:19; Titus 1:11; 2 Timothy 4:3,4.
Chuches have become family investment or business enterprises. When they die, their wives or children takes over. Look at Church of God mission as an example. Their wives becomes Pastors Bishops Revrends when woman ought not to teach. Read 1 Corinthians 14:34,35 and 1 Timothy 2:11,12.
https://ask.naij.com/society/children-of-bishop-david-oyedepo-who-are-they-i26062.html
For the truth on tithing visit www.jw.org. You can read it in whatever language u understand better

Check out top ten ruchest pastor in the world, 4 nigerian pastors made the list.
I comment my reserve .
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Buchman1(m): 2:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
iamadonis2:
Hello, Nairalanders,

I'm really confused on the issue of paying tithe. Its my first job at 22. I'm a very religious person and that's why I need to sample opinions if I only have to pay tithe in Church.

I know a particular guy who runs an NGO that pays the fees of school kids from poor homes. I offered to sponsor this humanitarian venture. The funds I plan to put into it will be my monthly tithe.

Simple meaning: I will not pay tithe in church. Rather I'll take the exact 10% and support this guy.

Is it proper? Should I only pay tithe in church? Please advise maturely.

Shalom!
guy giving it to God doesn't imply you passing the cash to Christ My Saviour. In these times, it's wise to monitor what happens where you worship. Free your conscience, give it to those kids your heart desires. God is good.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by dlox147(m): 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
greatnaija01:

the tithe was never meant for God but for the livites, and was not to be taking to any church but to the store house of God, a place God would have chosen for every individual -read deutronomy 14:22-29.

The tithe is for the levites who had no inheritance, if the children have no iheritance and the OP decides to contribute to them, then he is doing the right thing.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by dlox147(m): 2:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
ILAB:
read those scripture properly, God never said bring to his church...he said to the store house, a place he(GOD) would have chosen for the individual.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by nifemilizD: 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
rookidmart:
OP, rather than paying it into the coffers of the pastor that would use it to buy private jet, it's rather you give it to an NGO, that way you know for sure your money is used to do good.
its better u do the right thing than bordering urself how the tithe is spent, is NGO house of God. my thoughts though
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
If you refuse to pay your tithe in the church of God, then how will the pastors and the church worker be paid their salaries ?
So I still think you should pay your tithe in the church
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by cybbarmaze(m): 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
olaolulazio:
Give it to God
how na? you get the account number? he asked a direct question na
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Walelavender(m): 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
OP your tithe should be paid to the (Storehouse)Church. It's not negotiable. Please whatever belongs to God should be given to Him. Decide whatever amount you want to gift to your friend running an NGO.

The principle of tithing is expressed in the scriptures. Don't be swayed by what some Shepherds are doing with it. You don't want to miss the blessings.
I've never been stranded financially since I had the understanding. This is deep.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Chidegu: 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
iamadonis2:
Hello, Nairalanders,

I'm really confused on the issue of paying tithe. Its my first job at 22. I'm a very religious person and that's why I need to sample opinions if I only have to pay tithe in Church.

I know a particular guy who runs an NGO that pays the fees of school kids from poor homes. I offered to sponsor this humanitarian venture. The funds I plan to put into it will be my monthly tithe.

Simple meaning: I will not pay tithe in church. Rather I'll take the exact 10% and support this guy.

Is it proper? Should I only pay tithe in church? Please advise maturely.

Shalom!
There is nothing wrong with your desire, the best thing to do is to ask the instructor himself. Ask the Holy Spirit. Let him be the instructor on how you spend your money
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
Pay tithe to who? The pastor I guess, next time you see the pastor he will be driving a Brand new 2017 Range Rover grin and you the tithe payer will be riding on okada. Good luck paying tithe.

1 Like

Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by mrmachine: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
Supported. Doing good and giving of alms are different from Tilte. You are giving Tilte to God while you are still enjoined to do good and give alms. Be less bothered what the church does with the money(I mean a living church). You have played your part, and leave the rest to God.

greatnaija01:

Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by thowbie7ven(m): 2:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
Abdhul:
Better than giving it to pastor that will spend it on hoes. . . and threesomes and houses for hoes and finish with a doggy and probably spray some of the money on her ass #opinion
You're on point bro!...abi Pastors wey go use am buy Private Jets when i still dey struggle maintain my "end of discussion"...
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
MrRichy:
children also represent God...
pay the 10% to the NGO. at least the children go even pray and bless you in their hearts

The 10% should be for God through the local church you worship.If you want you can give NGO another but don't use God's tithe the way you desire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Things You Should Do Before You Die / Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? / Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.