Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? (18995 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: I Cart My Tithe In Trailer Loads To God / "N42million Tithe In Benue Is Chicken Feed" - Bishop Kukah / Woman Pledges Daughter As Tithe In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by CplusJason: 10:00am On Apr 03, 2017
xest:
haha, brother man go n do a thorough research on that passage. And knw whom malachi was referring to. Then com bk n tell me Wat u hv studied
Nice one, just like the one above you claiming to have a wider understanding of the bible. But she's just dumb like the one you quoted.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by realmindz: 2:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
walls01:

am not a descendant of Abraham, but none descendants have already be added through Christ coming.

God gave man total free will to act, take it like a test. God created so many things, as a master creator he deem it fit to create a being that has total free will to choose, that alone have attracted many other things, like not intervening when man is making a choice hence Adam was not prevented from eating the Apple even though God was seeing him trying to eat it, it is called total free will.

God is acting as he pleased him, he his the owner of this universe, more like a man behaves when he his at his own house, he moves the furniture around, remove some, and put anything at different places according to his wish

also God reserve the right to do as he please, God is like man, a man choose to wear different clothes at different times as his heart wish

God seeing him eating apple but left him to eat it so he can show up and punish him.
Your definition of God is contradicting as he seems childish, immature, a bully, boastful and proud of it.

If he's all knowing, then why does he need to hide and peep at Adam to see the choice he will make. That's contradicting.

well, I won't contend that god exists, but I can say surely that the description of god by religion, i.e bible and Koran can never be god.

Imagine a god who is ageless, created the whole universe going into contest with mere mortals who barely live up to 100 years, threatening them with fire and brimstone at the slightest provocation
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by walls01: 7:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
realmindz:

God seeing him eating apple but left him to eat it so he can show up and punish him.
Your definition of God is contradicting as he seems childish, immature, a bully, boastful and proud of it.

If he's all knowing, then why does he need to hide and peep at Adam to see the choice he will make. That's contradicting.

well, I won't contend that god exists, but I can say surely that the description of god by religion, i.e bible and Koran can never be god.

Imagine a god who is ageless, created the whole universe going into contest with mere mortals who barely live up to 100 years, threatening them with fire and brimstone at the slightest provocation

you still don't understand, God is a master creator, he has created so many things and thought best to create man that has total free will.

if God had intervene when Adam was about to eat the Apple will it still be free will? he gave a command and he expect him to follow. God created the tree that cannot think for themselves, the animals that follow a particular pattern and rules and created man with free will to choose his own path

the difficulty you are having understanding this is because you are putting human sentiment into it.

man do not listen to God and still doesn't, he sent prophets and men killed them, he gave them choice to choice instead they choice the wrong one. men even denied he existed even with the works of his hands clearly evident of his powers.

man was created to live forever, but died because of disobedience. one weak point of God his that he is very jealous and his jealousy moves him to anger, God was angry when Adam obeyed the devil that did not form them and he proclaimed a curse which must stand cause none of his words go back to him. out of love he gave man so many choices to change but men rebelled the more.

he is not threatening man, he gave man just two option to choose from, life and death and showed man the dangers of choosing death but man care less.

if you were God what would you have done different if you are to create a thing with free will?
you see

man itself is finding it hard to control what they created has you can see
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by realmindz: 8:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
walls01:

you still don't understand, God is a master creator, he has created so many things and thought best to create man that has total free will.

if God had intervene when Adam was about to eat the Apple will it still be free will? he gave a command and he expect him to follow. God created the tree that cannot think for themselves, the animals that follow a particular pattern and rules and created man with free will to choose his own path

the difficulty you are having understanding this is because you are putting human sentiment into it.

man do not listen to God and still doesn't, he sent prophets and men killed them, he gave them choice to choice instead they choice the wrong one. men even denied he existed even with the works of his hands clearly evident of his powers.

man was created to live forever, but died because of disobedience. one weak point of God his that he is very jealous and his jealousy moves him to anger, God was angry when Adam obeyed the devil that did not form them and he proclaimed a curse which must stand cause none of his words go back to him. out of love he gave man so many choices to change but men rebelled the more.

he is not threatening man, he gave man just two option to choose from, life and death and showed man the dangers of choosing death but man care less.

if you were God what would you have done different if you are to create a thing with free will?
you see

man itself is finding it hard to control what they created has you can see

So many openings in ur arguments I dont even know which to deal with first.

ok, lemme ask. So Adam eating an apple is the reason living things don't live forever

and this your god that is always getting provoked and jealous seems to be short slighted. Completey immature, going into contest with the devil he supposedly created..

behold, god the creator of the universe indeed.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by walls01: 8:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
realmindz:

So many openings in ur arguments I dont even know which to deal with first.

ok, lemme ask. So Adam eating an apple is the reason living things don't live forever

and this your god that is always getting provoked and jealous seems to be short slighted. Completey immature, going into contest with the devil he supposedly created..

behold, god the creator of the universe indeed.

the devil is a rebel, God is not contesting with him.
unfortunately God is a jealous God that no one can change. is actions cannot be contested cause he form all things.

if I may ask don't you have the right to do whatever you please with your stuff? if all your stuff where living thing don't you think the socks will be ungrateful, but only you know why you put it there

now tell me your own version of God or how the world was formed maybe it will make more sense than mine
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by realmindz: 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
walls01:

the devil is a rebel, God is not contesting with him.
unfortunately God is a jealous God that no one can change. is actions cannot be contested cause he form all things.

if I may ask don't you have the right to do whatever you please with your stuff? if all your stuff where living thing don't you think the socks will be ungrateful, but only you know why you put it there

now tell me your own version of God or how the world was formed maybe it will make more sense than mine
I believe religion was all made up as a tool of control. It is evident in the uncountable contradictions as seen in the so called holy books which display an unrighteous evil god who bullies and demand worship from his creations.

The tales of the bible can be passed for moonlight tales....e.g. Noahs ark is completely nonsense and a complete Jewish myth.
People are only being attached emotionally to these books/ religion and have no facts to back them up, that's the power of indoctrination.
Religion is the biggest bullshit man has ever encountered.

However, the existence of an almighty god who created the universe may not have been defined by religion. All cultures have their different views of their gods. The whites rebranded and packaged the jewish version versus the Arabic versions. called their lands holy lands.

A true almighty god won't be bothered about being worshipped neither will he seek vengeance and death upon his enemies. ( neither will he have enemies in the first place) nor a people he call his people nor a tiny portion of land in one tiny planet in a solar system among several billions others in the galaxy among several billion galaxies in the universe he will decide to have his chosen land and chosen people.

Or why will the almighty god desire sacrifices of mere cattle he created to appease his anger. (creator of the universe)
Or destroy people he supposedly created in one tiny planet for not worshipping him.

I can go on and on but I will stop here saying for sure, if there's god, he does not have a religion.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by walls01: 10:01pm On Apr 03, 2017
realmindz:

I believe religion was all made up as a tool of control. It is evident in the uncountable contradictions as seen in the so called holy books which display an unrighteous evil god who bullies and demand worship from his creations.

The tales of the bible can be passed for moonlight tales....e.g. Noahs ark is completely nonsense and a complete Jewish myth.
People are only being attached emotionally to these books/ religion and have no facts to back them up, that's the power of indoctrination.

However, the existence of an almighty god who created the universe may not have been defined by religion. All cultures have their different views of their gods. The whites rebranded and packaged the jewish version versus the Arabic versions. called their lands holy lands.

A true almighty god won't be bothered about being worshipped neither will he seek vengeance and death upon his enemies. ( neither will he have enemies in the first place) nor a people he call his people nor a tiny portion of land in one tiny planet in a solar system among several billions others in the galaxy among several billion galaxies in the universe he will decide to have his chosen land and chosen people.

Or why will the almighty god desire sacrifices of mere cattle he created to appease his anger. (creator of the universe)
Or destroy people he supposedly created in one tiny planet for not worshipping him.

I can go on and on but I will stop here saying for sure, if there's god, he does not have a religion.

you are mixing logical thinking with the spiritual.
remember the free will part, sun, moon, stars etc are just dummies, animals don't think but men are different.
God has is own character, if I had not got contact with the holy spirit I too would remain an atheist.

free will with option, the bible says heaven is his throne the earth his foot stool, another portion says he do as he wills cause he created all things, another says will a clay say to a porter why did you form me like this or why did you destroy me and remoulding me, God through his spirit said we are like clay in his hands and ask every one to kneel with fear and kiss his feet cause he hate disobedience. you are definitely attaching human emotion in studying God.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by walls01: 10:10pm On Apr 03, 2017
realmindz:

your version of your own God will have no purpose or direction with no rules and everyone doing what he likes.

but mine has a purpose direction and reason for creating man
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by realmindz: 10:14pm On Apr 03, 2017
walls01:

you are mixing logical thinking with the spiritual.
remember the free will part, sun, moon, stars etc are just dummies, animals don't think but men are different.
God has is own character, if I had not got contact with the holy spirit I too would remain an atheist.

free will with option, the bible says heaven is his throne the earth his foot stool, another portion says he do as he wills cause he created all things, another says will a clay say to a porter why did you form me like this or why did you destroy me and remoulding me, God through his spirit said we are like clay in his hands and ask every one to kneel with fear and kiss his feet cause he hate disobedience. you are definitely attaching human emotion in studying God.

I gave up when u said animals don't think...

smh @ the bolded, what a shame...

I attach simple reasoning and refused to be brainwashed and deluded.

You and many others are emotionally attached and that's what religion is all about. Defending what you have been told regardless of what is right
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by realmindz: 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2017
walls01:

your version of your own God will have no purpose or direction with no rules and everyone doing what he likes.

but mine has a purpose direction and reason for creating man

Tell me how Yahweh has given us purpose?

according to religion, he created man with an intention for man to live naked forever, unfortunately, things did not go as planned....failed mission 1

Then later, he regretted he created man (although he is all perfect, does not make mistakes and all knowing)

He destroyed man with flood (in an attempt to make a correction even though he is all perfect), which eventually did not stop the evil on earth..( It got me thinking so hard, how the wisest of all could not come up with any better option than destruction)..... failed mission 2.

Then he sent his only son to come and die in order for him to forgive mankind. And did this solve the problem of the world? NO!...there are billions of people who dont believe this Jesus, so the wisest god of all did not see this coming....failed mission 3.

Yahweh is not only a serial killer but a serial failure.

The only solutions he knows are Die!, Destroy! Sacrifice! Blood! and yet he fails
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by walls01: 10:29pm On Apr 03, 2017
realmindz:

I gave up when u said animals don't think...

smh @ the bolded, what a shame...

I attach simple reasoning and refused to be brainwashed and deluded.

You and many others are emotionally attached and that's what religion is all about. Defending what you have been told regardless of what is right

I did not say animals don't think they act on same instinct throughout each organism unlike man

no body brainwashed me, I was once an atheist. animals are not like humans they are designed differently. ever seen animals creating and modifying what they create with each passing day? what they do today is what they ever did.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by realmindz: 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
walls01:

I did not say animals don't think they act on same instinct throughout each organism unlike man

no body brainwashed me, I was once an atheist. animals are not like humans they are designed differently. ever seen animals creating and modifying what they create with each passing day? what they do today is what they ever did.

You speak from the limit of your understanding.

pls u can watch a bit of animal documentary to upgrade your knowledge and stop this arrogance that earth was made for you alone.

Don't let people see this your comment, it's humiliating. You rly underestimated the animal world to a pathetic level which is unforgivable
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by walls01: 10:43pm On Apr 03, 2017
realmindz:

according to religion, he created man with an intention for man to live naked forever, unfortunately, things did not go as planned....failed mission 1

Then later, he regretted he created man (although he is all perfect, does not make mistakes and all knowing)

He destroyed man with flood (in an attempt to make a correction even though he is all perfect), which eventually did not stop the evil on earth..( It got me thinking so hard, how the wisest of all could not come up with any better option than destruction)..... failed mission 2.

Then he sent his only son to come and die in order for him to forgive mankind. And did this solve the problem of the world? NO!...there are billions of people who dont believe this Jesus, so the wisest god of all did not see this coming....failed mission 3.

The only solutions he knows are Die!, Destroy! Sacrifice! Blood! and yet he fails

wow! you explain spiritual things in human logical way. do you know the purpose of the flood very well.

do you know how Jesus coming saved man kind? with all this your logical view, you did not tell me why your supposed God like figure created the universe and earth precisely
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by walls01: 10:45pm On Apr 03, 2017
realmindz:

You speak from the limit of your understanding.

pls u can watch a bit of animal documentary to upgrade your knowledge and stop this arrogance that earth was made for you alone.

Don't let people see this your comment, it's humiliating. You rly underestimated the animal world to a pathetic level which is unforgivable

are you trying to tell me man and animals are the same?
if not what then is the difference? if yes why the suppose apes that change to man evolution way are still yet to improve on their supposed wooden tool
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by realmindz: 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2017
walls01:

wow! you explain spiritual things in human logical way. do you know the purpose of the flood very well.

do you know how Jesus coming saved man kind? with all this your logical view, you did not tell me why your supposed God like figure created the universe and earth precisely

The only way out of mental slavery is reasoning.

Now that you have spiritual delusioned understanding, kindly explain....but don't bother explaining, it's the same old tales we have been hearing, nothing new for Yahweh works in mysterious ways, and you need the holy spirit to understand
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by walls01: 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
realmindz:

the original purpose of God will stand don't forget that, he gave the devil to prove several things, with free hand the devil succeeded in the fall of man and other things but God final purpose will stand

that is the rapture when God will not give any being permission to thwart is purpose, that is when he will make everything new and exactly the way it should be
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by walls01: 10:53pm On Apr 03, 2017
realmindz:

The only way out of mental slavery is reasoning.

Now that you have spiritual delusioned understanding, kindly explain....but don't bother explaining, it's the same old tales we have been hearing, nothing new for Yahweh works in mysterious ways, and you need the holy spirit to understand

if not that you allow your human understanding to prevail in your perception of spiritual things I must admit you are a deep thinker, but am a spiritual person and I have severally tear down the forces of darkness so I know about spiritual stuff that is our differences
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by spacyzuma(m): 1:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
Joavid:
No.

pay your tithe to me.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA / 5 Things You Should Do Before You Die / Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.