Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,624 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? (18996 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: I Cart My Tithe In Trailer Loads To God / "N42million Tithe In Benue Is Chicken Feed" - Bishop Kukah / Woman Pledges Daughter As Tithe In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Tbillz(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
agongajoseph:
Look at this Born bastard son of a bastard. With ur head shaped like ur bible...so giving tithe to d needy is wrong, because you are an aspiring pastor or ur born bastard father is a pastor. OLOSHI.
Talk am listening...
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by seguno2: 6:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
do4luv14:
would hav love to parry words with you, but so sorry, evidently
you are perishing. For lack of knowledge, since you cant tell the difference between EMPLOYMENT and BIZNESS

You just made your case worse.
Double double blessings from employment?
Are you stealing or are you corruptly enriching yourself?
You should note that such double double blessings is from the devil and the person will pay one way or another.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by christemmbassey(m): 6:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
Emaimo:

And your name is Christ Embassy?
God have mercy!!!
there are two types of tithe collectors. 1. sincerely ignorants and 2..thieves
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
greatnaija01:
bros don't give to man what you should give to God... God is jealous o. TITHE IS NOT A CHURCH DONATION o.

This your post eh. . .

1. "Don't give to man what you should give to God."

Please, the tithe that he is paying, is God going to come down and eat it? Is it not men that will collect it? The essence of tithe in the first place was so that everyone could have something to eat. Not for pastors like Apostle Suleiman to spend on prostitutes.

2. "God is jealous o."

You Christians. . .you just produce more and more material for the atheists to insult you. Can you hear yourself? The earth in comparison to the universe is not even as much as a grain if sand at the beach. So tiny and insignificant. And then, the supposed master of the Universe is jealous of ONE MAN on earth, just because he used his hard earned money to male the world a better place instead of giving it to a pastor who might have questionable character. If God truly exists, what does he/she/it want to do with human money If God truly created the earth, is there anything on that he doesn't have already? The rationale behind tithes in the first place was for everyone to have something to eat, not for pastors to enrich themselves.

3. If tithes are not a church donation, what are they What are they used for I remember when I used to go to church, All Souls Chapel in OAU particularly (where the chaplain was caught to have embezzled millions). They always put what the tithe was used for, like renovation of the church, buying instruments, etc. If that isn't a church donation, then tell me what is.

SMH

1 Like

Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by christemmbassey(m): 6:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
AnonyNymous:

This your post eh. . .

1. "Don't give to man what you should give to God."

Please, the tithe that he is paying, is God going to come down and eat it? Is it not men that will collect it? The essence of tithe in the first place was so that everyone could have something to eat. Not for pastors like Apostle Suleiman to spend on prostitutes.

2. "God is jealous o."

You Christians. . .you just produce more and more material for the atheists to insult you. Can you hear yourself? The earth in comparison to the universe is not even as much as a grain if sand at the beach. So tiny and insignificant. And then, the supposed master of the Universe is jealous of ONE MAN on earth, just because he used his hard earned money to male the world a better place instead of giving it to a pastor who might have questionable character. If God truly exists, what does he/she/it want to do with human money If God truly created the earth, is there anything on that he doesn't have already? The rationale behind tithes in the first place was for everyone to have something to eat, not for pastors to enrich themselves.

3. If tithes are not a church donation, what are they What are they used for I remember when I used to go to church, All Souls Chapel in OAU particularly (where the chaplain was caught to have embezzled millions). They always put what the tithe was used for, like renovation of the church, buying instruments, etc. If that isn't a church donation, then tell me what is.

SMH
my brother its a pittty that such human beings profess christianity.despit their ignorance, Jesus is still Lord. The bible says "God who did not spare his son but delivered him up to be killed for us will also through him give unto us all things" The God we worship is not a trader neither is He jelouse of nalra from prostitutes, ritualists, armed robbers and profane people like him.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by tommysparks: 6:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
Davdonjoe:
Malachi 3vs 10.........to HIS store house not to any organization
stop deceiving people and go and read deuteronomy 14.from verse 1-the end
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by nurusystem(m): 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
Mathew 23 : 23
KJV:Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by realmindz: 7:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
walls01:

God of isreal, from your description you certainly don't know him just ideas about him

If there is god, why sud he be an Israelite?? Don't u think u belittle that god.
Take a bigger picture of the universe, it's far too large for the supposed god of the universe to have a chosen tribe in one very insignificant portion of a planet which is also insignificant in the cosmos
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by xest(m): 7:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
Tbillz:
Whats your business how your tithe is being eaten? Leave judgement to God. I have received double folds since i consistently paid my tithe in the church of God
name them for us to see. And what do u mean by double folds?
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by karnap(m): 8:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
bring ye all ur tiths to the house of God, the one in the ophanage is freewill donations,and if you are runing away from what other pastors USE CHURCH money for, thats none of your busines ,go to church,pay ur tiths,take ur ass home,and any pastor who want to spent it on a bitch like suleimi did,thats his own punishement in hell.

1 Like

Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by do4luv14(m): 8:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
walls01:

you tie tithe paying to blessing, what about the many billionaires that don't pay tithe to the church?

you got me there, but are you religious, do you study the bible, do you believe in GOD,

ok, you said many billionairas don't pay tithe to the church, do you personally interview Dem, ofcos you don't expect dem to come and tell you that dey did, do you
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by walls01: 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2017
realmindz:

If there is god, why sud he be an Israelite?? Don't u think u belittle that god.
Take a bigger picture of the universe, it's far too large for the supposed god of the universe to have a chosen tribe in one very insignificant portion of a planet which is also insignificant in the cosmos

u cannot apply your logical thought to just everything. there are things you prefer than other things, but some things you like may be an abomination to others.

God choose the isrealites because of Abraham righteousness, in those days righteousness was a thing of luxury to man. God looked at the earth and said Abraham is a man of my heart, through him I will restore man to my self again.

he promised Abraham that he will bless his seeds forever, thus the term God of isreal.

but do you know that his just one of his names, God of Abraham, God of Moses, God of Elijah etc
you over simplify the meaning of the word God of Israel
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by walls01: 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
do4luv14:

you got me there, but are you religious, do you study the bible, do you believe in GOD,

ok, you said many billionairas don't pay tithe to the church, do you personally interview Dem, ofcos you don't expect dem to come and tell you that dey did, do you

do you know the Facebook owner is an open atheist, he said there is no God how then do you expect such man to pay tithe. he laughed at those that mention God. believe me there are more than many very rich people that are not Christians and don't even know what tithe means
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by do4luv14(m): 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
seguno2:

You just made your case worse.
Double double blessings from employment?
Are you stealing or are you corruptly enriching yourself?
You should note that such double double blessings is from the devil and the person will pay one way or another.

chaii , what would i say, or should jst run from you Lolzz,

BLESSED IS THE HAND THAN. GIVES, that's a universal law, taken from the bible,

he paid his TITHE to the church,
he gives "DONATE" to the NGO,

that's two thing involve dude, for giving. His Tithe he will be blessed
and giving to the NGO he will be blessed too,
thas double double,

chaii should i explain to you again, go read your bible, read GENESIS, MALECHI, even MATHEW, then come again shalom....!!!
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by realmindz: 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2017
walls01:

u cannot apply your logical thought to just everything. there are things you prefer than other things, but some things you like may be an abomination to others.

God choose the isrealites because of Abraham righteousness, in those days righteousness was a thing of luxury to man. God looked at the earth and said Abraham is a man of my heart, through him I will restore man to my self again.

he promised Abraham that he will bless his seeds forever, thus the term God of isreal.

but do you know that his just one of his names, God of Abraham, God of Moses, God of Elijah etc
you over simplify the meaning of the word God of Israel

perhaps Abraham was the only righteous man on earth?
are u a descendant of Abraham the Jew?

now can we say Yahweh through Abraham has successfully restored man to himself?
why must Yahweh attempt to even restore man if he was all perfect in all his works in the 1st place?
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by walls01: 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
realmindz:

perhaps Abraham was the only righteous man on earth?
are u a descendant of Abraham the Jew?

now can we say Yahweh through Abraham has successfully restored man to himself?
why must Yahweh attempt to even restore man if he was all perfect in all his works in the 1st place?

am not a descendant of Abraham, but none descendants have already be added through Christ coming.

God gave man total free will to act, take it like a test. God created so many things, as a master creator he deem it fit to create a being that has total free will to choose, that alone have attracted many other things, like not intervening when man is making a choice hence Adam was not prevented from eating the Apple even though God was seeing him trying to eat it, it is called total free will.

God is acting as he pleased him, he his the owner of this universe, more like a man behaves when he his at his own house, he moves the furniture around, remove some, and put anything at different places according to his wish

also God reserve the right to do as he please, God is like man, a man choose to wear different clothes at different times as his heart wish
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Tbillz(m): 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
xest:
name them for us to see. And what do u mean by double folds?
pay your tithe, U cant cheat God!!! Simple
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
seguno2:

Thanks.
That is what Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 says.
Let us all read our bible to avoid being swindled by the gods of men who pretend to be men of God.
My people perish for lack of knowledge.

Sir, there are many dispensations or generations in the bible. Abraham even paid his tithe to Melchizedek.

If Isreal ate their tithe, what would the Levites( the called apart ) tribe eat ? Since the levites were commanded not to own land and engage in business activities apart from serving at Gods temple.

This is the exact use of Tithe today.. Tithe is meant for the Levite,(pastors) the stranger, the fatherless and the widow. Deut 26 : 12

Poster : @ iamadonis2
So ur purpose is covered in the use of tithe..
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by denitro(m): 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
It seems you have not gained a personal testimony of the full payment of tithing.
There are many reasons that are used to not pay tithing like paying to an NGO, using the money to pay debt,
school fees etc.
Purpose of tithing - Faithful members of the Church pay their tithing to church leaders.
Under the direction of the Lord, these funds are then gathered and used to fund the growth
and development of the Church throughout the world.

Why does the Lord require His people to pay tithing?
“There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world,
upon which all blessings are predicated—and when we obtain any blessing from God,
it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.”6 And again: “I, the Lord,
am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.”

“Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse.
Tithing is one of the great tests of the personal righteousness of Church members.
In order to receive blessings from God, you are required to exercise faith and the law of tithing
is one way we build our faith.

Pls don't pay money to an NGo and think it will be accepted as tithing, it can never be and will never be.
It will just be a goodwill donation.

First develop faith in God and pay your tithing in your church and pray for the blessing attached to payment of tithing.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by aalangel(f): 10:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
iamadonis2:
Hello, Nairalanders,

I'm really confused on the issue of paying tithe. Its my first job at 22. I'm a very religious person and that's why I need to sample opinions if I only have to pay tithe in Church.

I know a particular guy who runs an NGO that pays the fees of school kids from poor homes. I offered to sponsor this humanitarian venture. The funds I plan to put into it will be my monthly tithe.

Simple meaning: I will not pay tithe in church. Rather I'll take the exact 10% and support this guy.

Is it proper? Should I only pay tithe in church? Please advise maturely.

Shalom!

Pay your tithe to God (in your Church). It's none of your business how it's spent. You paid to God, not to man.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by xest(m): 1:40am On Apr 03, 2017
Tbillz:
pay your tithe, U cant cheat God!!! Simple
that is fallacy bro. Are those Pastors levites?
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Tbillz(m): 3:55am On Apr 03, 2017
xest:
that is fallacy bro. Are those Pastors levites?
Will man rob God? Yet you are robbing me. But you say, ‘How have we robbed you?’ In your tithes and contributions. You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing me, the whole nation of you.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by omojeesu(m): 4:30am On Apr 03, 2017
iamadonis2:
Hello, Nairalanders,

I'm really confused on the issue of paying tithe. Its my first job at 22. I'm a very religious person and that's why I need to sample opinions if I only have to pay tithe in Church.

I know a particular guy who runs an NGO that pays the fees of school kids from poor homes. I offered to sponsor this humanitarian venture. The funds I plan to put into it will be my monthly tithe.

Simple meaning: I will not pay tithe in church. Rather I'll take the exact 10% and support this guy.

Is it proper? Should I only pay tithe in church? Please advise maturely.

Shalom!

CHRISTIANS HAVE NO BUSINESS PAYING TITHE. USE YOUR MONEY TO HELP THE POOR AND NEEDY AS THE SPIRIT OF GOD DIRECTS YOU.

HERESY? WHEN YOU BECOME A BEREAN CHRISTIAN, YOU WILL DISCOVER THE TRUTH BY YOURSELF.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by phemmyhelu(m): 6:33am On Apr 03, 2017
I'll advise you share the money into 2 5% for NGO 5% for church.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 03, 2017
CplusJason:
Read Matthew 23 vs 23. cool
how well do u understand this verse? The scripture cannot be broken; read ur bible with understanading.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by CplusJason: 8:23am On Apr 03, 2017
SorayaLeticia:

how well do u understand this verse? The scripture cannot be broken; read ur bible with understanading.
Wow, look who we've here...... The "all knowing bible student" who understands the bible more than anyone.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 03, 2017
martineverest:
no sir.....jesus christ said helping the needy is the best way to help God....mattew twenty five vs thirty five to fouty
do u really understand what tithe is?
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by drewxx88(m): 8:32am On Apr 03, 2017
A lot has been said so I will only ask youbto read Matthew 25 vs 40 -45
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 03, 2017
CplusJason:
Wow, look who we've here...... The "all knowing bible student" who understands the bible more than anyone.
say what u want bt i put it to u dat ur understanding of dat verse as regards tithing is zero. The op seeks for direction nt confusion.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by CplusJason: 8:39am On Apr 03, 2017
SorayaLeticia:

say what u want bt i put it to u dat ur understanding of dat verse as regards tithing is zero. The op seeks for direction nt confusion.
"Director" why don't you direct him? Mrs. "I too know"

You talk as if you're one of the "inspired" men who wrote the bible.

Listen dear, your understanding of the scriptures is totally different from mine.

Have a pleasant week "the all knowing bible student"
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 03, 2017
Op, i beg u in the name of God, do not be misled by some sch of thoughts here. Tithe is God's, whether monetary or otherwise.
Whom u pay to, God: Malachi 3:10
Who shud receive, pastors(priests): Nehemiah 10:38
Why to pay, it's a covenant of abundance: Malachi 3:10-12.
My brother, do not be afraid when fulfilling scriptures. Let God be the judge ova fake pastors, do ur part. May God give u understanding.
Re: Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? by xest(m): 9:56am On Apr 03, 2017
Tbillz:
Will man rob God? Yet you are robbing me. But you say, ‘How have we robbed you?’ In your tithes and contributions. You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing me, the whole nation of you.
haha, brother man go n do a thorough research on that passage. And knw whom malachi was referring to. Then com bk n tell me Wat u hv studied

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA / 5 Things You Should Do Before You Die / Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.