Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,461 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff (45430 Views)

Easy Recipe To Make Puff Puff In 3 Minutes / A Nairalander Buys A Big Puff Adder Along Akure-Ekiti Road, Butchers & Cooks It / Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by lazsnaira(m): 10:43am On Apr 02, 2017
lovelygurl:

Actually not Nigerians not the Ghanaians too but who cares everybody loves jollof rice cheesy
...am very angered by your apparent illiteracy...which you laid bare by your preposterous POST earlier. ...i would have lambasted you this morning but i see you are lady.
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 02, 2017
lovelygurl:

They are coming for you grin
what? Doughnuts comming for me? grin grin bring it on!
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by talk2tosep(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2017
Even South African agreed puff puff
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by ebby9z(m): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2017
I just dey laugh for front of church where I dey and everybody dey look me like undecided undecided
Small time now you will see some Alapere girls trying to form Behind, saying " Hello, pls I want to buy lookma" or luqmat, whatever.
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by lazsnaira(m): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2017
mmsen:

Senegal but Nigerians (and Ghanaians) perfected it.

The funny thing is that while Nigerians and Ghanaians keep arguing about both are very good. Better than the original.
PLEASE WHERE IS YOUR SOURCE TO THE SENEGALESE ORIGIN OF JOLLOF RICE? KINDLY PROVIDE SAME HERE!
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by goingape1: 10:52am On Apr 02, 2017
puff puff extra.
lol
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by ElsonMorali: 10:52am On Apr 02, 2017
Interesting to see that puff puff has become the uniting factor for Nigerians now. Up puffy!!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Adenike775(f): 10:53am On Apr 02, 2017
you are very funny....it does sounds like a disease with no cure...lmafao
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by centboy123456(m): 10:55am On Apr 02, 2017
Joavid:

sense of humour then slavery attitude, how incoherent can someone be!

Nigerians and there overzealous attitude sha. now I can understand Ghanaians disgust when we claim Jollof rice with all arrogance like it's originally ours.

So, I've done you and some google-phobic others a huge favour.

see the difference?!

oga na Puff Puff!!!! jooor!
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 02, 2017
lazsnaira:
...am very angered by your apparent illiteracy...which you laid bare by your preposterous POST earlier. ...i would have lambasted you this morning but i see you are lady.

Wtf

Dude you are taking things too far

1 Like

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by mmsen: 11:00am On Apr 02, 2017
lazsnaira:
PLEASE WHERE IS YOUR SOURCE TO THE SENEGALESE ORIGIN OF JOLLOF RICE? KINDLY PROVIDE SAME HERE!

Because the word jollof itself is from the Wolof language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jollof_rice

1 Like

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 02, 2017
mmsen:

Don't mind him. It's not even that serious!

1 Like

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by CltrAltDelicious(m): 11:04am On Apr 02, 2017
grin

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by naijaboiy: 11:04am On Apr 02, 2017
AlphaStyles:
Na puff puff but I like eating d cold,dry,hard 1. eating the ready made 1 makes me wanna throw up
Which one is the ready made one and which one is the one you like eating?
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 02, 2017
Bumbae1:
Why senegal claiming Jollof rice undecided go and sit down joor
Rubbish

Jollof RICE We made that sh!t worldwide grin yeye country about its senegal .. sene who grin

Its puff puff yes ! But its called different things in other countries same recipe .. smiley

True @ your last line. Here it's called vetkoek, meaning fatcake since it's fried in deep fat. We also have another version called koeksuster, which means cakesister to the vetkoek.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by adegeye38(m): 11:06am On Apr 02, 2017
PiccoloBrunelli:
Luqaimat ko Leukemia ni.

See how it sounds like a disease with no known cure. Our beloved Puff to the bloody Puff!!! As a sharp Igbo guy I propose we make shirts with Puff Puff emblazoned on it. In fact tomorrow is Puff Puff Enlightenment Day. #PPED #makepuffpuffgreatagain

Rise of the Planet of the Puff Puff!!!
Dawn of the Planet of the Puff Puff!!!
War of the Planet of the Puff Puff!!!!
Them dey crase na.
guy u don mad b4 grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by policy12: 11:06am On Apr 02, 2017
Puff na puff let drum it to their ears and engrave it to their heart this snacks na naija meal so it bear naija name.

Before someone will come tomorrow na and say our ogbono na ogbonomate. We won't take it from them our mumu don do. Make una leave o...

4 Likes

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by abbeyty(m): 11:15am On Apr 02, 2017
This topic reminds me a day i bought Jamaica version of our buns, that thing was hard as rock with no taste i bet those things only look like puff puff but can never taste like puff . up puff puff no other sweet name for our beloved puff puff.

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by lazsnaira(m): 11:19am On Apr 02, 2017
mmsen:

...thank you for providing the link though it appeared you did not read it. AS THE LINK CLEARLY POINTED OUT THAT THE JOLLOF RICE COULD NOT HAVE COME FROM SENEGAL TO NIGERIA AND GHANA...which goes to prove that jollof rice as cooked by nigerians is originally ours. ...and if you looked at the picture in there you will agree that that is not our jollof rice looking like a meal for goats...NIGERIAN JOLLOF IS PROBABLY THE BEST MEAL THE WORLD HAVE HAD AFTER THE INTENTION OF SLICE BREAD.
lovelygurl:

Don't mind him. It's not even that serious!
mmsen:

...thank you for providing the link though it appeared you did not read it. AS THE LINK CLEARLY POINTED OUT THAT THE JOLLOF RICE COULD NOT HAVE COME FROM SENEGAL TO NIGERIA AND GHANA...which goes to prove that jollof rice as cooked by nigerians is originally ours. ...and if you looked at the picture in there you will agree that that is not our jollof rice looking like a meal for goats...NIGERIAN JOLLOF IS PROBABLY THE BEST MEAL THE WORLD HAVE HAD AFTER THE INTENTION OF SLICE BREAD.
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Dyt(f): 11:21am On Apr 02, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by hypertekcdf(m): 11:22am On Apr 02, 2017
MrRichy:
oyibo wan follow us argue...
louqueman kor lukman ni
the wenger out of a guy Is too much as in eh the guy dey vex
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by prolove22(m): 11:32am On Apr 02, 2017
Rtopzy:
Laffing my ass off, Nigerians can b funny walahi. Lalasticlala, come nd see ur people o
pls make who na no vex o ,who is Lalasticlala ?all d time if i login is Lalasticlala dis Lalasticlala that.
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 02, 2017
lazsnaira:
...thank you for providing the link though it appeared you did not read it. AS THE LINK CLEARLY POINTED OUT THAT THE JOLLOF RICE COULD NOT HAVE COME FROM SENEGAL TO NIGERIA AND GHANA...which goes to prove that jollof rice as cooked by nigerians is originally ours. ...and if you looked at the picture in there you will agree that that is not our jollof rice looking like a meal for goats...NIGERIAN JOLLOF IS PROBABLY THE BEST MEAL THE WORLD HAVE HAD AFTER THE INTENTION OF SLICE BREAD....thank you for providing the link though it appeared you did not read it. AS THE LINK CLEARLY POINTED OUT THAT THE JOLLOF RICE COULD NOT HAVE COME FROM SENEGAL TO NIGERIA AND GHANA...which goes to prove that jollof rice as cooked by nigerians is originally ours. ...and if you looked at the picture in there you will agree that that is not our jollof rice looking like a meal for goats...NIGERIAN JOLLOF IS PROBABLY THE BEST MEAL THE WORLD HAVE HAD AFTER THE INTENTION OF SLICE BREAD.

I hope you put your energy into fighting with your politicians for stealing your money instead of arguing about food

1 Like

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by SWITCHUP(m): 11:40am On Apr 02, 2017
[b][/b] Puff Puff ni Puff Puff je mehn grin
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by eyinjuege: 11:42am On Apr 02, 2017
easyfem:

Some pple are just too stupid... Ain't u happy abt someone is proud of ur country... Must youth criticize everything?

The truth is, not everyone appreciates our sense of humour.
I found the whole exchange funny, but to some others we can sound quite overbearing.

MOSICATED5:
what ever happened to ur sense of humour
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by iamtardey: 11:43am On Apr 02, 2017
one person is forming Google genius here..... nonsense! no be person like you write am for google?
abegi that thing nah puff puff for naija... leave lukman make in dey dia dey look naah

6 Likes

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by AlphaStyles(m): 11:47am On Apr 02, 2017
naijaboiy:

Which one is the ready made one and which one is the one you like eating?
those 1nce been taken out from the oil those ones make me wanna vomit I like the cold dry 1nce
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by NovusHomo(m): 11:54am On Apr 02, 2017
vicflexzy:
All dis ones no dey go church undecided

Dem dey serve puff puff for church? It's puff puff day jor. grin

1 Like

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by NovusHomo(m): 11:55am On Apr 02, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Shut up and receive sense in Jesus name

Did you mean in the name of puff puff? grin
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by NovusHomo(m): 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
lovelygurl:

You are right but looooool this is so funny. The Turks will just be like wtf . Lol grin

If Turkey nor sweet dem, make dem answer Chicken. Na dem sabi. Walahi, puff puff na puff puff. Shikena! grin
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by lazsnaira(m): 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
lovelygurl:

I hope you put your energy into fighting with your politicians for stealing your money instead of arguing about food
let me take a look at your profile ...those poems of yours runs like songs...you could be a nightingale if you put your mind to it.
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by NovusHomo(m): 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
bantudra:

we are 180million people.....we have more people than the entire north africa...we say puff puff..puff puff it is....

but their own puff puff is nasty though.. undecided

i tried it once and never tried it again..

If they try to spoil the name of our dear puff puff, we shall invade dem, all 180 million of us. Dem neva chi chumtin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Nairalander Cooks Egusi Soup London Style / #FufuChallenge: Fufu And Egusi Soup Is Trending Worldwide! / See The Onions I Bought At N1500 In Kano Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.