Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,681 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff (45482 Views)

Easy Recipe To Make Puff Puff In 3 Minutes / A Nairalander Buys A Big Puff Adder Along Akure-Ekiti Road, Butchers & Cooks It / Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by NovusHomo(m): 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
bantudra:

we are 180million people.....we have more people than the entire north africa...we say puff puff..puff puff it is....

but their own puff puff is nasty though.. undecided

i tried it once and never tried it again..

If they change the name of our dear puff puff, we will invade them; all 180 million of us.
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
Meanwhile where is my friend Puff puff
aka kingcheezypuff
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by NovusHomo(m): 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
gypsey:
Puff puff! That oily dumpling looking shiit! grin over here we Assume it to be DOUGHTNUT, I may be wrong though. I like doughnut.

Which cotree name be "Over Here" . Una get puff puff over there? If una nor get, Nigeria will helep una.
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by fashrola(m): 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
lazsnaira:
...garnish am with whatever it remains puff puff!...bread will be bread no matter you make it taste as cake

Bread get grade...Na general name spoil am
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by henryhemon(m): 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
Joavid:

sense of humour then slavery attitude, how incoherent can someone be!

Nigerians and there overzealous attitude sha. now I can understand Ghanaians disgust when we claim Jollof rice with all arrogance like it's originally ours.

So, I've done you and some google-phobic others a huge favour.

see the difference?!

Who be this one abeg shift ....which overzealousness abeg of your sense of humour is dead leave us that still have ours. Between who cares even Ghanaians loathe us who Ghana epp. It's puff puff or nothing.
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Israeljones(m): 12:27pm On Apr 02, 2017
Joavid:

sense of humour then slavery attitude, how incoherent can someone be!

Nigerians and there overzealous attitude sha. now I can understand Ghanaians disgust when we claim Jollof rice with all arrogance like it's originally ours.

So, I've done you and some google-phobic others a huge favour.

see the difference?!
90% motive behind this topic was to bring out the humorous side of it... but yu chose to see the negative part of it.. thats ur problem not mine...
if u av no sense of humor,,, dont come bringing ur frustration on us here..
i have said my mind... kee ursef

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by NovusHomo(m): 12:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
ElsonMorali:
Interesting to see that puff puff has become the uniting factor for Nigerians now. Up puffy!!! tongue

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by NovusHomo(m): 12:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
lazsnaira:
...am very angered by your apparent illiteracy...which you laid bare by your preposterous POST earlier. ...i would have lambasted you this morning but i see you are lady.

FANATIC sighted. CHill abeg.
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by henryhemon(m): 12:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
I love the way we descend against Nigeria from the outside world and if we go with one voice like this against our politicians no matter where you come from Nigeria will be a much better place.
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by henryhemon(m): 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
ZarZar:

True @ your last line. Here it's called vetkoek, meaning fatcake since it's fried in deep fat. We also have another version called koeksuster, which means cakesister to the vetkoek.

We don't care what it's called anywhere else na puff puff we know QED.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
lazsnaira:
let me take a look at your profile ...those poems of yours runs like songs...you could be a nightingale if you put your mind to it.

Oh I'm very passionate about what I do because I love what I do kiss just like you love arguing about food grin
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
henryhemon:

There's a big place called the world, right outside your little bubble. Oops embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
NovusHomo:

If Turkey nor sweet dem, make dem answer Chicken. Na dem sabi. Walahi, puff puff na puff puff. Shikena! grin

Hahaha grin

1 Like

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by henryhemon(m): 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
ZarZar:

There's a big place called the world, right outside your little bubble. Oops embarassed

Like I said we don't care what it's called else where,I 've probably travelled to more places than you can imagine......its puff puff. Let's not make it personal. Don't think cuz you else where outside Nigeria makes you better than those in there.

4 Likes

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
henryhemon:

Like I said we don't care what it's called else where,I 've probably travelled to more places than you can imagine......its puff puff. Let's not make it personal. Don't think cuz you else where outside Nigeria makes you better than those in there.

Then your travels must have been imaginary because otherwise you'd have known that it goes by a different name in every corner of the world. Puff Puff to you, something else to someone else who is not from your country. For someone that claims to have travelled, your mentality sure is narrow. The last part of your post that's you projecting your thoughts on me because I never said such. I simply said it goes by different names & also has different variations. I said nothing about which is superior or inferior, that's all you, coocoopuffs.

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by MakeADifference: 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2017
Friedyokes:
"YOUNG MAN BE CAREFUL, DO YOU EAT RICE IN YOUR COUNTRY AND WHAT DO YOU CALL IT? WE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO CHANGE IT. ITS PUFF PUFF."

This guy don tire for change
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by MakeADifference: 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
Which sounds nicer? Loukouma or Puff-Puff?
What does the stuff 'look-like" - a puff or a louko?
What does it behave like? Puff or Louko?

PuffPuff is the name that stuff should bear, even if im papa name am Loukoma.

henryhemon:

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
ZarZar:

True @ your last line. Here it's called vetkoek, meaning fatcake since it's fried in deep fat. We also have another version called koeksuster, which means cakesister to the vetkoek.
Making me hungry cheesy
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by goldedprince: 1:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
we allowed them to colonize us before, we cant allow it again lol. naija no go cary last 2 times
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bumbae1:

Making me hungry cheesy

Here have some southern style, my little puff puff kiss

1 Like

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
ZarZar:

Here have some southern style, my little puff puff kiss
Jesu Zarzar u knkw what makes me happy

Might need to get a recipe and try it .. love trying new reciepies maybe post in food section cheesy
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by henryhemon(m): 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
ZarZar:

Then your travels must have been imaginary because otherwise you'd have known that it goes by a different name in every corner of the world. Puff Puff to you, something else to someone else who is not from your country. For someone that claims to have travelled, your mentality sure is narrow. The last part of your post that's you projecting your thoughts on me because I never said such. I simply said it goes by different names & also has different variations. I said nothing about which is superior or inferior, that's all you, coocoopuffs.

We could go on n on like I said let's not turn it to personal attacks .....if you go through my reply and the original post what we re saying is we don't care what it's called else where ......how that is difficult to understand is beyond me ..puff puff is the real deal. And I'm sure no one is arguing that it has no other name else where but we 're only interested in our puff puff.

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bumbae1:

Jesu Zarzar u knkw what makes me happy

Might need to get a recipe and try it .. love trying new reciepies maybe post in food section cheesy

smiley

I read a comment somewhere on this thread where someone mentioned it's not served with chocolate sauce. So what do you guys normally eat them with? I know different countries serve them differently. I once watched Buddy the Italian guy from Kitchen Boss, sprinkled his with castor sugar. Forgot the Italian name for "puff puff" now but they make them too as a snack.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2017
henryhemon:

We could go on n on like I said let's not turn it to personal attacks .....if you go through my reply and the original post what we re saying is we don't care what it's called else where ......how that is difficult to understand is beyond me ..puff puff is the real deal. And I'm sure no one is arguing that it has no other name else where but we 're only interested in our puff puff.

That's funny because the replies from that tweet are from Nigerians correcting someone, as if the person cares if it's called "puff puff" in Nigeria when they know it by a different name in their country. You jumped on someone else's post, parading your narrow mindedness & ignorance as usual. In short, y'all turned it into an argument, not the other way around.
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
I honestly dont know why this os an issie.
Who cares what its called. Let them call it what they want you call it what you want. Some people want to get high BP over a non issue. I dont even eat the damn thing. I hate it SMH
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by henryhemon(m): 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
ZarZar:

That's funny because the replies from that tweet are from Nigerians correcting someone, as if the person cares if it's called "puff puff" in Nigerian when they know it by a different name in their country. You jumped on someone else's post, parading your narrow mindedness & ignorance as usual. In short, y'all turned it into an argument, not the other way around.

Well I'm not going to insult You,fine you 're the only one that isn't open-minded I give it to you......next time show your class by making a point without resorting to insults ....I'M sure there is a word called humour that's what was exhibited by Nigerians,It was actually an argument between 2 turks and the Nigerian came in with his humour.

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
ZarZar:

smiley

I read a comment somewhere on this thread where someone mentioned it's not served with chocolate sauce. So what do you guys normally eat them with? I know different countries serve them differently. I once watched Buddy the Italian guy from Kitchen Boss, sprinkled his with castor sugar. Forgot the Italian name for "puff puff" now but they make them too as a snack.
Eat it own its own ! Don't need anything with it really
But some people will still sprinkle sugar on theirs but then ( leaning towards donut )
I just have mine own its own 5 for £1 grin best enjoyed when hot .

Oh yea in nigeria though when i buy it , it accompanies fried yam and friend plantain (street food ) wink

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
BUTCHCASSIDY:
I honestly dont know why this os an issie.
Who cares what its called. Let them call it what they want you call it what you want. Some people want to get high BP over a non issue. I dont even eat the damn thing. I hate it SMH
Do u eat at all undecided
Egg u hate
Plantain u hate
Bread u hate

Kuku ki me angry how can one cater to ur needs when u so damn fussy grin u never marry abi grin
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2017
henryhemon:

Well I'm not going to insult You,fine you 're the only one that isn't open-minded I give it to you......next time show your class by making a point without resorting to insults ....I'M sure there is a word called humour that's what was exhibited by Nigerians,It was actually an argument between 2 turks and the Nigerian came in with his humour.

Lol, now it's about humour, dry humour at that grin Good ole bait & switch shtick at work I see wink
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by lazsnaira(m): 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2017
lovelygurl:

Oh I'm very passionate about what I do because I love what I do kiss just like you love arguing about food grin
grin so you advise i take that up as a carreer...arguing about food?
Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bumbae1:

Eat it own its own ! Don't need anything with it really
But some people will still sprinkle sugar on theirs but then ( leaning towards donut )
I just have mine own its own 5 for £1 grin best enjoyed when hot .

Oh yea in nigeria though when i buy it , it accompanies fried yam and friend plantain (street food ) wink

OK, gotcha. Those look delish, btw. Yummmm

1 Like

Re: Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff by soath(m): 1:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
PiccoloBrunelli:
Luqaimat ko Leukemia ni.

See how it sounds like a disease with no known cure. Our beloved Puff to the bloody Puff!!! As a sharp Igbo guy I propose we make shirts with Puff Puff emblazoned on it. In fact tomorrow is Puff Puff Enlightenment Day. #PPED #makepuffpuffgreatagain

Rise of the Planet of the Puff Puff!!!
Dawn of the Planet of the Puff Puff!!!
War of the Planet of the Puff Puff!!!!
Them dey crase na.

*Modified*

7,000 total likes! Wow. December 2015-March 2017. I thank all Nairalanders who keep liking my comments despite the fact they are mostly inappropriate and hardly concern the post. Let's hit 10,000 by this year's end. Then I can auction this account on OLX.
Go charge ya fone smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See The #600 Food I Bought Today In Lagos. / Costing Of Rice For 200 People / #FufuChallenge: Fufu And Egusi Soup Is Trending Worldwide!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.