Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,407 members, 7,958,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:22 AM

Keeping Intouch With Your Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Keeping Intouch With Your Ex (2824 Views)

Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? / If Your Ex Is Married But Still Wants You / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by Godmother(f): 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2009
I know this topic has been treated several times, but I couldn't locate the search button so I decided to open a fresh thread. My ex still calls on special ocassion and we talk. The funny thing is I enjoy these conversations though I have absolutely no feelings left for him.

I call him as well; once in a while, but now Im beginning to question the wisdom in that. I remember when we were still together, he used to tell me about all his exes that call him.And he made it seem like they couldnt get him out of their minds.

I got that impression the last time we spoke on xmas day and now Im thinking of just cutting him off completely
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by iice(f): 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2009
If you're worried about an ex. . .best not to keep in touch.
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by Odunnu: 5:57pm On Dec 27, 2009
@POSTER,i'm new here,if really ths topic or somethn similar has bin dscussd here b4,ejoo,dig it up bcz it'l b vry useful 2me.
My EX stil gets in touch wt me,and i'm so scared if ds continues,he myt commit adultery soon bcz honestly,i'm stil in luv wt him.Hasnt happend yet bcz we both run vry tyt schdules and thankGOD we live many states away frm each oda.
I'v tried 2stop d communication,it workd 4a whyl,then all of a sudden,he startd callin tellin me crazy thnz abt hs marriage,job,friends, everythn.
Wht do I do?
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by jamace(m): 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2009
Keeping a nice ex at bay is not easy, my people. This is the absolute truth. However, a deliberate effort should be made to cut the cord of attraction. Many marriages have crashed or gone sour and more are still crashing by the day because of this ex issue. One really need God's help to flee this death trap. It is a marriage destroyer!
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by Oluchi21(f): 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2009
Am still in contact with my ex and even though he is a good guy, it is crazy to know exactly what he is up to via facebook etc, am hoping we lose contact in the future but i will miss our once in a while communication, when am in a serious relationship i will defiantly cut him off, he played a part in ruining my last one.
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by Phlota(f): 8:53pm On Dec 27, 2009
Keepin in touch wit an ex cld b trouble. My Ex is gettin married soon bt he stil calls me, we spoke today nd he was lyk he wantd me 2 come over, i didnt agree anyway. i dcided d best thng 2 do is 2 break up d relatnshp cos i wnt want 2 date a married man.
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by sweetpie23: 8:55pm On Dec 27, 2009
why would you want to even keep n touch with them?
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2009
I'm still in touch with my ex, a bit more often of late so I've decided to let her calls ring out more often than not and ignore texts before she gets accustomed to what was. My conclusion is if its too becoming of him, cut him off, unless you feel there's still something in it for you both
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by kitlady02(f): 12:28am On Dec 28, 2009
@poster, and ur also acting as his exes act, Y r u worried its just natural, lol dnt mind me oo.
Ok seriously,If u dont hv feelins 4 him again den its ok 2 hv contact wit him, dat his ur ex doesnt mk him an enemy. But if u still hv feelins 4 him, den i guess u knw wat 2 do,
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by shevalync: 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2009
The best thing is to keep away if you still have feelings for him/her even if it entails keeping malice.my ex had her weeding introduction last weekend,though we dont communicate any longer and we rarely see each other.we broke up cos i wasnt ready and she couldnt handle peer and family pressure she even tried to force me into it, I resisted she took as if I av wanted it like that.I know she still has feelings for me cos I still do too,to save her marriage I av deleted her phone number from phone luckily she changed her phone no not too long ago n I hope it will erase from memory after a while.for her good especially,I av decided to keep malice with her.
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by LordReed(m): 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2009
@Godmother:
For a guy like him u are fast becoming a statistic. Stop communicating with him at least don't initiate contact. Trust me u'd be doing urself a world of good.
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by baby4u2(f): 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2009
Let him call you, dont call him except you absolutely need too.It works like magic, and he wouldnt hv cause to insult you and if he does then you know his a big liar.
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by LordReed(m): 10:12am On Dec 29, 2009
Odunnu:

@POSTER,i'm new here,if really ths topic or somethn similar has bin dscussd here b4,ejoo,dig it up bcz it'l b vry useful 2me.
My EX stil gets in touch wt me,and i'm so scared if ds continues,he myt commit adultery soon bcz honestly,i'm stil in luv wt him.Hasnt happend yet bcz we both run vry tyt schdules and thankGOD we live many states away frm each oda.
I'v tried 2stop d communication,it workd 4a whyl,then all of a sudden,he startd callin tellin me crazy thnz abt hs marriage,job,friends, everythn.
Wht do I do?

Listen n listen gud! U are not under a spell so u can and should resist any attempt to make u commit adultery do u understand?! This is a trap a poison in the ear. Tell him that he will be beta of talking to a male friend or a counsellor than running his mouth to u. Tell him u are moving on with ur life n he needs to do same without involving u in silly details. Stop thinking about him and free urself to love someone else.
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by Godmother(f): 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2009
I really do not mind keeping intouch with him, I just dont like the impression he is passing across right now
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by jaybee3(m): 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2009
Godmother:

I really do not mind keeping intouch with him, I just dont like the impression he is passing across right now
then stop with the communication. Let by-gone be by-gone if you simply have some sort of reservations.
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by LordReed(m): 1:28pm On Dec 29, 2009
Godmother:

Which is why u shouldn't bother becos someday some other girl will hear ur gist of how u couldn't just resist him n all dat. U had beta make urself unavailable/hard to reach b4 u become a proverb and a by-word.
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by iice(f): 1:44pm On Dec 29, 2009
Godmother:

Then it's prolly best you don't keep in touch.

Lord_Reed:

Which is why u shouldn't bother becos someday some other girl will hear your gist of how u couldn't just resist him n all dat. U had beta make urself unavailable/hard to reach b4 u become a proverb and a by-word.

Yeah, this tends to happen alot. Though i don't see why it should happen. I mean people date, you get to know each other, be friends. All this 'passed impressions' and stories really shouldn't be happening. undecided
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by Godmother(f): 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2009
Think I will do just that and cut off all ties with him.
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by Ngemebiri(m): 2:26pm On Dec 29, 2009
I will strongly advice u disengage any thing called communication with your ex date because men are very powerful in words and can talk any woman into bed in as much as u have dated before, if you are in touch with your ex date devil can creeps in by causing little problem between u and ur Husband, with that little problem u may be force to visit ur ex date and do any thing with your ex date especially if he is good in bed, we should not 4get the saying that says " Any f**k that was f**ked can be ref**ked if the F**ker and the f**kee agrees that the f**k that was f**k was well f**ked, so the best is to avoid any thing discussion or communication with your ex date
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by LordReed(m): 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2009
iice:

Yeah, this tends to happen alot. Though i don't see why it should happen. I mean people date, you get to know each other, be friends. All this 'passed impressions' and stories really shouldn't be happening. undecided

Yeah it's amazing. It's like they get some sexual pleasure from boasting.
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by goodness85: 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2009
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 29, 2009
He probably thinks he can still get it in with you as well. I would space out the calls to little or none.
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by Odunnu: 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2009
My EX is always on my fone,if its nt a 'harmless' msg,its a missd call bt btw u and I,its gettin off,cz i'm always thnkin of him.I had 2remove hm on my facebk friend list bcz he's always commentin on my updates and he seems2 knw what my days are like.I'm tryin nt 2pick a fyt or sleep wt him again,bt hw do I do it when he's always on me?
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by LordReed(m): 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2009
Odunnu:

My EX is always on my fone,if its nt a 'harmless' msg,its a missd call bt btw u and I,its gettin off,cz i'm always thnkin of him.I had 2remove hm on my facebk friend list bcz he's always commentin on my updates and he seems2 knw what my days are like.I'm tryin nt 2pick a fyt or sleep wt him again,bt hw do I do it when he's always on me?

Get a call blocker for ur phone. Block his calls and msgs. BTW why aren't u dating someone, I mean it must have been awhile since u guys broke up for him to have gotten married.
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by iice(f): 4:32pm On Dec 29, 2009
Odunnu:

You probably care what he thinks of you.
If you don't, you'd be positively chilly towards him grin

I'm friends with my ex well almost all of them. But when he starts the whole calling all the time, stuff like that. I ignore him (i'm not a phone person). You have to learn to ignore these things. If you respond favorably, he will take it as encouragement. Finally find something to keep your mind busy so you don't dwell much on him.
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by ruskiee(m): 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2009
Keeping in touch is cool.
Could be weird sometimes though.
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by echobee(f): 9:15am On Dec 30, 2009
yea
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by 190: 10:57pm On May 18, 2012
Na wa!!

Some people would have slept with their ex's already by now from this thread

how gullible some animals paint themselves
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by Godmother(f): 12:32am On May 19, 2012
190: Na wa!!

Some people would have slept with their ex's already by now from this thread

how gullible some animals paint themselves

Why wud they? I see nothing wrong in maintaining a friendly line with an ex, so long as it doesn't go beyound that
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by Nobody: 12:56am On May 19, 2012
Godmother: I know this topic has been treated several times, but I couldn't locate the search button so I decided to open a fresh thread. My ex still calls on special ocassion and we talk. The funny thing is[b] I enjoy these conversations[/b] though I have absolutely no feelings left for him.

I call him as well; once in a while, but now Im beginning to question the wisdom in that. I remember when we were still together, he used to tell me about all his exes that call him.And he made it seem like they couldnt get him out of their minds.

I got that impression the last time we spoke on xmas day and now Im thinking of just cutting him off completely

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Don't worry I'm not gonna say anything about this thread and topic. What happens in Egypt, stays in Egypt.

Mu he he he he he he he. grin
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by Odunnu: 3:14am On May 19, 2012
Odunnu: @POSTER,i'm new here,if really ths topic or somethn similar has bin dscussd here b4,ejoo,dig it up bcz it'l b vry useful 2me.
Wht do I do?
I'm sure he still tries to call. ThankGOD for technology that enables you filter your calls
Re: Keeping Intouch With Your Ex by 190: 6:05am On May 19, 2012
story

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is The Month / NL Ladies, Who Is Your Girl Crush? / Find Out What Kind Of Woman Belongs To Men Zodiac Sign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.