Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,922 members, 7,810,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties (30175 Views)

Policeman Scratched A Man's Lamborghini In Lagos Traffic (Video) / Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic. / The Parking Charges In Abia State And Penalties Following Breach (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by mikepeace(m): 3:20pm On Apr 04, 2017
Lukasemela:
sad sad

What about Driving on BRT lane?
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by seunlayi(m): 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2017
they wrote deliver instead of driver license

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Btruth: 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2017
..driving without a deliver licence?

shocked

Wahala waa oooo.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Sirheny007(m): 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2017
Mortiple:
As much as I believe that those offenses deserve to be punished, I think the penalties are outrageous. It is exploitative and draconian in its entirety.

Did you run out of breath or did you exhaust your literary arsenal? undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by ayandarenoni(m): 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2017
[b][/b]one way driving-3yrs in prison, what of driving without plate number, driver's license, car papers, and slapping a lastma officer, then that should be death by hanging. "eyin oni ranu".
abeg who get bb charger?
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by edogu(m): 3:29pm On Apr 04, 2017
Yesooo! Driving without 'deliverance' is not allowed. grin grin

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by upuphim(m): 3:32pm On Apr 04, 2017
With all these fines, yet minimum wage is N18,000 giving room for egunje (bribe) collection by enforcement officers.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by SalamRushdie: 3:34pm On Apr 04, 2017
Unjust fines for a govt that pay a minimum of 18 thousand ..These are some of the reasons corruption can stop
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by fxskye: 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hmmmm......

Cant imagine such typo oooo.....

1. Driving without DELIVER License.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by bameyi(m): 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2017
Who makes our law in this great country. The most dangerous traffic violations are not listed like DUI, DWI you know this are traffic violations that have claimed life of thousands Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Chiomenwa(f): 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2017
linearity:
What is 'valid deliver license' as in No.1.

Don't tell me, they meant to say 'Driver's license'...No body caught the error before it went to print and after printing, why has it not been corrected?
[i][/i]
It is delivering goods license for company's good
U must have the delivery invoice with address of the owner, number of goods and vehicle number.
See no 4 or 5 for driver's license.
Thank you.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Highvotage: 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2017
I really sense another April fool in all these rule. A government agency in Lagos that I knew can not typed and release this trash call rules that is full of errors.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by seyenko(m): 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2017
This can"t come from the government, the grammar is too poor

oladimejiX:
I came across this on the internet, the various Lagos traffic law and the penalties.
Please Lalasticlala , Autojoshng Marpol let's move to where people can get informed.
Source: Twitter @Vio_Alert
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2017
linearity:
What is 'valid deliver license' as in No.1.

Don't tell me, they meant to say 'Driver's license'...No body caught the error before it went to print and after printing, why has it not been corrected?
They only cross checked the penalties. grin
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by SIRKAY98(m): 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2017
DUI AND DWI full meaning

Thanks
bameyi:
Who makes our law in this great country. The most dangerous traffic violations are not listed like DUI, DWI you know this are traffic violations that have claimed life of thousands Nigerian
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 04, 2017
`
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by ziga: 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2017
It would make more sense if these fines were affordable.

Most people commit these traffic offences in Lagos, so, affordability will reduce bribing of LASTMA and will ensure that the funds go back to the Gov. And ignorance is not an excuse, you have to be worth your driver's license.

Also, the State gov. needs to do its part in terms of making sure roads are well maintained, road signs are visible and not confusing.

It might be a good idea to keep that revenue separate and have it go back to road maintenance.

Also, there needs to be a Traffic court because with the fact that you are accused by LASTMA doesn't mean you actually committed an offence.

Citizens need to actually be able to challenge their offences and accusers especially if they are not at fault e.g bad roads, no road markings or signs, lying LASTMA official.

And hopefully, the Justice system in this situation will not be biased. Lots of job opportunities to be generated on Lagos roads.

If only wishes came true...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by omoagbeke(m): 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2017
8. Says driving WITH hackney permit is also a crime
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by linearity: 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2017
It is truly a shame to publish something written by a primary school dropout to the public.

It says a lot about the leadership in this country, when no one deem it fit to correct this obvious image denting publication.

Another interesting one:
Driving with Hackney Permit - Impound.
Non Display of Hackney Permit - Impound.

So how are you to display it, when it is crime to drive with it. Don't get me I understand it is a mistake, which begs the question, if the law published to the public is full of disinformation and mistakes as this, how can they morally enforce it?
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2017
Smoking vehicles everywhere I turn.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2017
Chai I am an outlaw
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by pokipoki: 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2017
oladimejiX:
I came across this on the internet, the various Lagos traffic law and the penalties.
Please Lalasticlala , Autojoshng Marpol let's move to where people can get informed.
Source: Twitter @Vio_Alert
What is number 12 all about- neglect of traffic direction \light ?. It really does not make sense.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 04, 2017
that means if lastma catches me with my fake drivers license that ive not renewed in 4 years, na kirikiri be that. This people are jokers. Even in u.s were driving enforcement is strict, they dont throw people in jail for driving offences. When it's not that you killed someone. Haba cheesy
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by linearity: 4:28pm On Apr 04, 2017
Chiomenwa:
[i][/i]
It is delivering goods license for company's good
U must have the delivery invoice with address of the owner, number of goods and vehicle number.
See no 4 or 5 for driver's license.
Thank you.

Nice try...but you are wrong 'delivery invoice' is not a license.

Plus, No. 4&5 talk about 'forged' and 'fake' license, which is not the same as 'in valid' license that No. 1 attempts to criminalize.

e.g....If I am driving with an expired license, it is neither fake nor forged, but it is invalid...and many other things can make a license invalid e.g. mutilation, mis spelled name(s), wrong dates, data, etc..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Merlissa(f): 4:30pm On Apr 04, 2017
What's the penalty for giving Mouth Gig or handjobs while driving
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by bedspread: 4:36pm On Apr 04, 2017
THAT NO12 DOES NOT EXIST ON THE VEHICLE OWNERS THAT PLY APPLE JUNCTION AMUWO-ODOFIN.....
EVEN LASTMA DON TIRE
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by willibounce1(m): 4:42pm On Apr 04, 2017
AceRoyal:
Most of the fines are outrageous given that the minimum wage is #18,000.
#30,000 is almost twice as much the minimum wage and the agencies in charge of enforcing these laws will definitely use it to impoverish the populace more#MyOpinion

Don't mind the useless government. They are always looking got ways to exploit the masses and enrich themselves . With all the taxes they have been collecting, we can't see any reasonable thing they are doing. The build one small Road or bridge they make so much noise about it as if it is their father's money they are using. Bunch of useless politicians

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by ChristyB(f): 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
I'm in the only one seeing "FOUND about"? thought it was "ROUNDABOUT"?
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by oladimejiX: 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2017
seyenko:
This can"t come from the government, the grammar is too poor

Very funny, is the government itself not very poor, grammar is just a by product
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by AceRoyal: 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2017
willibounce1:

Don't mind the useless government. They are always looking got ways to exploit the masses and enrich themselves . With all the taxes they have been collecting, we can't see any reasonable thing they are doing. The build one small Road or bridge they make so much noise about it as if it is their father's money they are using. Bunch of useless politicians
#PureTruth

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. / Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? / Toyota Sienna In Road Accident In Anambra, Driver Disappears As 1 Die, 4 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.