Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail (20708 Views)

Lagos Light Rail Will Start Functioning By December- Ambode ( Photos ) / Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts / Pomo’ Consumption Hurting Nigeria’s $3bn Hides/skin Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by kaypinchi(m): 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2009
4 Play:

'Work begins on billion dollar project' is a familiar headline in Nigeria. I'm only interested in finished projects.

Abi o my broda.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by vigasimple(m): 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2009
4 Play:

'Work begins on billion dollar project' is a familiar headline in Nigeria. I'm only interested in finished projects.

What date, as in month and year the project is scheduled to finish. There was an announcement about a year ago that work is begining and finishing in 2011.

The work has still yet to begin, when exactly is the work begining(as one report claimed is still in a drawing board stage), BUT most importantly which month in 2011 is the Project to complete and use commence.

We should applaud finishers and not starters that abadon mid position. We love and salute BRF govt nothwithsatnding ambiguity is the mother of confusion, take that away from the statement.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by MrCrackles(m): 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2009
GTay:

Great News! grin grin grin Finally a transport system that can be considered highly scalable
Let them finish the project before you scream "great news"
Nor be Naija. . . . shocked shocked shocked undecided
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by heilige(m): 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2009
To think that I supported Obanikoro during the elections makes me feel like Big fool now. Thanks to other Lagosians that voted in this guy. PDP will die a natural death.

PDP should not die a natural death so that we can know and identify the FULLTIME BASTARDS among us.

BRF fire on. This one na action governor. Action dey go on.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by webgenius(m): 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2009
I congratulate the Governor and his team. Imagine that metroline was supposed to cost 25Million in 1979, was cancelled by the military for reasons best known to them and now the good people of Lagos are to pay 3 billion because of reasons of 'national security'.
The time to do this is now, whatever it will cost, the govt should not be deterred otherwise the next generation will be building it at 300 billion. Even if it takes 20 years to complete, the people of that time will enjoy the benefits
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by akindot(m): 3:23pm On Dec 29, 2009
Thumbs Up to 'ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU'.
A VISIONARY 'EXTRAORDINAIRE'

Thumbs up to BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA (SAN)
An EXCELLENT, HARDWORKING, UNASSUMING FELLOW.

Three GBOSAS to all members of the ACTION CONGRESS
providing the platform for distinguished individuals to make our lives better.

Thanks to US ALL 'LAGOSIANS' for Paying our TAXES.

'I pay my TAXES, Hope you do Too'

EKO O NI BAJE!
CHEERS!
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by ochukoccna: 3:27pm On Dec 29, 2009
yemmight:

You voted the wrong person.  
A friend of mine just came back from Ogbomoso and the guy was ashamed the way your Governor celebrated his xmas with his political followers.   I was told that knockout explosives were heard from his house.  He said it lasted for more than one hour.  Everybody in that area was disappointed that a Governor could do such a thing.
And I was told that man is coming back the 2nd time. embarassed cry shocked sad
No one voted for the the Thug Governor. undecided undecided undecided Have U forgotten he rigged himself in? shocked shocked shocked And do U expect better behavior from a Thug who should be in a remand home if 9ja was working well? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by XKZ(m): 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2009
OMO IBO:

Good stuff but One million passengers per day??
Abeg, that one na gross over-exaggeration.

Even the London Underground just about carries 1 million passengers per day.

London Underground moves 2.95 million approximately per day (3.4 million approx on weekdays). London has a population of 7,556,900 (2007 est).
Lagos has a population of emmm much more than that. So LAMATA can't be grossly exaggerating. Besides even if they are it'll be nice to have the capacity built in.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Choco5: 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2009
Yet some dont believe in Naija! Its Naija forever. . . .
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by 700john: 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2009
@ Violent, please rest your case, fashola is doing brilliantly superb. The man is God sent.
Eko oni baje jare!
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by MUNEER2(m): 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2009
700john:

@ Violent, please rest your case, fashola is doing brilliantly superb. The man is God sent.
Eko oni baje jare!
O baje ti!
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by sjeezy8: 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2009
The light rail will be a major source of income for Lagos state along with taxes.

Eko oni baje o.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by MUNEER2(m): 4:17pm On Dec 29, 2009
ochukoccna:

No one voted for the the Thug Governor. undecided undecided undecided Have U forgotten he rigged himself in? shocked shocked shocked And do U expect better behavior from a Thug who should be in a remand home if 9ja was working well? undecided undecided undecided

you sound angry brova grin grin grin
Atleast, he bought suzuki akala's cab  cheesy cheesy cheesy
plus a nice poster for second term grin grin grin
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by UyiIredia(m): 4:24pm On Dec 29, 2009
you all seem to ignore the fact that all lot of heads got ruffled when (in the course of laying ground for
the light rail project) the ministry of environ. arm of the LASG demolished a lot of buildings along the
railway at pen-cinema without the solace of compensation.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 29, 2009
Encouraging News
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by edoyad(m): 4:36pm On Dec 29, 2009
Abeg make one of these Lagos boys find me their sister make i marry, i can't let my children come into this world tainted with links to another state in Nigeria grin
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by ochukoccna: 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2009
edoyad:

Abeg make one of these Lagos boys find me their sister make i marry, i can't let my children come into this world tainted with links to another state in Nigeria grin
Don't make that mistake O!
A Lagos that asks even fellow Yoruba people where their ancestral family house is located!
That LAGOS dey your birth cert no mean nothing.
Have you forgotten so easily the drama that trailed& traced Tinubu's ancestry to another part of Yoruba land? angry angry angry
Or the ruckus Senator Mamora faced when he sought the State assembly's post and was reminded he was from Ogun State? undecided undecided undecided
Then wonder why 9ja needs to practice[size=18pt] real democracy and true federalism![/size] cool cool cool
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by dolu2007(m): 4:48pm On Dec 29, 2009
About 450 Billy! where's the money coming from?

Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Princek12(m): 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2009
tunnytox:

how i wish we have this man in Oyo state,  cry cry rather than a tout who is parading himself as our governor,
You guys in Oyo State decided to choose an illiterate, so you guys deserve the result of an administration headed by an illiterate, local executive. His aura and demeanor is indicative of his constituents. He was chosen by people from Oyo State, whether through a democratic election or by the legislature.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by oval1(f): 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2009
wel done to fashola.but like someone rightfully said we are intrested in "finished projects".
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by ochukoccna: 4:57pm On Dec 29, 2009
MUNEER2:

you sound angry brova grin grin grin
At least, he bought suzuki akala's cab  cheesy cheesy cheesy
plus a nice poster for second term grin grin grin
Really am! Y? Seeing buffons like him and his ilk north, west, south, east ruining the greatness that 9ja could show not only the black race but the world. Why I no go vex when all they think leadership to be is drinking green bottle brew, sipping pepper soup and having state house hoes by your beck and call because of the worthless title 'Governor' attached to the name plate on their doors? In other words, amala politics.  grin embarassed undecided lipsrsealed angry cry undecided cool cool shocked shocked
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by slimes(m): 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2009
Starting is not the problem but finishing. I hope this would not go down soon as a dream that was never achieved.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by ochukoccna: 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2009
Princek12:

You guys in Oyo State decided to choose an illiterate, so you guys deserve the result of an administration headed by an illiterate, local executive. His aura and demeanor is indicative of his constituents. He was chosen by people from Oyo State, whether through a democratic election or by the legislature.
yEP JUST LIKE yARADUA was chosen by Nigerians like you as your post below indicates grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin  sad sad sad undecided undecided undecided

You guys in nIGERIA decided to choose a GRADUATE PRESIDENT, so you guys deserve the result of an administration headed by an SICKLY PROVINCIAL executive. His aura and demeanor is indicative of his constituents. He was chosen by people from NIGERIA, whether through a democratic election or by the legislature!

[size=23pt]Can you give yourself a break and be real for once in your life?[/size]
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2009
Atleast we can Hear a Good News from Nigeria after all this while that news of Yaradua have 1 Kidney, yaradua collapsed, Maryam is faint, Jonathan spend 100 Billons on Accomodation etc have dominated the atmosphere.

We can hear of a development that will affects life of a common man coming our ways

Thumb up fashola
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Princek12(m): 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2009
ochukoccna:

yEP JUST LIKE yARADUA was chosen by Nigerians like you as your post below indicates grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin  sad sad sad undecided undecided undecided

You guys in nIGERIA decided to choose a GRADUATE PRESIDENT, so you guys deserve the result of an administration headed by an SICKLY PROVINCIAL executive. His aura and demeanor is indicative of his constituents. He was chosen by people from NIGERIA, whether through a democratic election or by the legislature!
You are comparing a local election to a national election. Local elections are more closely monitored by the people of the state and the legislature. National elections, on the other hand, are difficult to monitor in Nigeria and are subject to the population differences which vary from region to region. These differences are also based along religious lines. Also Nigerian citizens from the outset vehemently and unequivocally rejected the nomination and election of Yaradua. People of Oyo State, on the other hand, have revered Alao Akala as their favorite son, and there is no statewide, majority consensus condemning Alao Akala's administration.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by ayobase(m): 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2009
SURE!
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by VALIDATOR: 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2009
Princek12:

I learned he budgets about half of Oyo State money for buying bleaching cream for himself. No be me talk am oooo. grin grin
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by oge4real(f): 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2009
I love BRF!
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by dfanthom(m): 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2009
keep up the good work BRF!

eko o ni baje o!
grin
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by VALIDATOR: 5:44pm On Dec 29, 2009
Tinubu and Fashola's achievements are examples of what naija can gain when we learn to understand the power of the ruled and not that the rulers.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2009
XKZ:

London Underground moves 2.95 million approximately per day (3.4 million approx on weekdays). London has a population of 7,556,900 (2007 est).
Lagos has a population of emmm much more than that. So LAMATA can't be grossly exaggerating. Besides even if they are it'll be nice to have the capacity built in.
I am very much interested in how LAMATA arrived at that figure.

Mind you the LU is used by all and sundry, . . .and I mean ALL.

I'm sure you and I know those who'll hugely patronise this mode of transportation in Lagos.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by edoyad(m): 5:56pm On Dec 29, 2009
On National Geographic they said Lagos could have a population of 15mil, would the transit system of 1mil suffice at all ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde Flouts Quarantine Act, Attends Event A Day After Returning From US / Senate Mourns 120 Nigerians Killed By Bandits In Sokoto Market / Bwala: President Tinubu Is Better Than UK Prime Minister, Rishi Sunak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.