Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail (20701 Views)

Lagos Light Rail Will Start Functioning By December- Ambode ( Photos ) / Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts / Pomo’ Consumption Hurting Nigeria’s $3bn Hides/skin Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by babapupa: 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2009
edoyad:

On National Geographic they said Lagos could have a population of 15mil, would the transit system of 1mil suffice at all ?

Prob' not, maybe if complemented with comprehensive water transportation which the state is aggressively pursuing.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by VALIDATOR: 6:08pm On Dec 29, 2009
OMO IBO:

I am very much interested in how LAMATA arrived at that figure.

Mind you the LU is used by all and sundry, . . .and I mean ALL.

I'm sure you and I know those who'll hugely patronise this mode of transportation in Lagos.

Molue used to be for only the v.poor. Now BRT is for all and sundry. I hope you get the point.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by XKZ(m): 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2009
[/quote]

I'm sure you and I know those who'll hugely patronise this mode of transportation in Lagos.

[quote]

You and me. grin

edoyad:

On National Geographic they said Lagos could have a population of 15mil, would the transit system of 1mil suffice at all ?

Like Omo Ibo noted it won't be used by everyone besides this is just two routes by the time all routes are completed it'll take more people.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 29, 2009
VALIDATOR:

Molue used to be for only the v.poor. Now BRT is for all and sundry. I hope you get the point.
Hombre, you are wrong.

You will not find some girl who believe's her doo-doo don't stink in BRT.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by alanbolo(m): 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2009
No need to look at LU or LAMATA derivative numbers, all we are concerned is for the project to be completed successfully and we take the capacity issue from there. grin       The 1m passenger capacity is need in calculating the cost and for Loan approval purposes  lipsrsealed  ,  

let it be completed 1st, then we go dey yan the other figures afterwards.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by XKZ(m): 6:29pm On Dec 29, 2009
VALIDATOR:

Visit 3rd Mainland between 4pm and 8pm. Take a count of the vehicles causing the go-slow and you'll realize BRT is not that popular.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by rabzy: 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2009
XKZ:

Visit 3rd Mainland between 4pm and 8pm. Take a count of the vehicles causing the go-slow and you'll realize BRT is not that popular.

Guy, i dont think you stay in lagos, why are checking out the vehicles on 3rd mainland bridge to determine the popularity of BRT, Go to the BRT parks e.g Oshodi, Iyana ipaja, CMS, Obalende, Ketu, Ojota, Maryland, Ikotun, Igando at the rush hour and mamoth crowds on the queue and then tell me it is not popular.

You definitely dont know what ua talking about. It is because the BRT cant take everyone that the Metro is being planned. And for those who are only interested in Finished projects, they should let us know how many finished projects of Fashola they can mention (i know dozens of them), if they cant reel off 10, then they had better keep quiet.

For those of us who aware of his numerous finished projects, we welcome news of any upcoming or yet-2-b-finished projects. Even though i don't vote, it does not mean i cant see.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by babapupa: 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2009
I know it's some people's job to find faults and display needless bad bele, but there's no need to divert this thread with meaningless nitpicking and irrelevant argument. The fact is, the state is embarking on something great for the people of Lagos state/Nigeria. If they don't, we yell and cry and when they do, we still get petty and complain and find ways discredit needlessly.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by youngbest(m): 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2009
dem go finish am??
even if dem finish am dem
how long e go last cos we no get
maintainance culture,
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by rabzy: 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2009
XKZ:

You and me. grin

Like Omo Ibo noted it won't be used by everyone besides this is just two routes by the time all routes are completed it'll take more people.
OMO IBO:

I am very much interested in how LAMATA arrived at that figure.

Mind you the LU is used by all and sundry,  . . .and I mean ALL.

I really want to know who you guys think will patronize the metro. Everybody patronises BRT, in most places it is cheaper than Danfo and sometimes even the molue, and far more comfortable. Iyana-ipaja to igando or ikotun is N50, b4 BRT, Danfo used to charge 70,100 or 150 during the rush hours. Everybody takes these buses, the only people i have not seen is the police, because such 'staff' are not allowed in BRT.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by rabzy: 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2009
youngbest:

dem go finish am??
even if dem finish am dem
how long e go last cos we no get
maintainance culture,

Na so dem talk when den want do BRT, at least den finish that one an den still dey do more. As per lasting, sometimes una dey forget say na military dey disrupt many of the things wey we start for this country, even the one wey den start theirselve anoda khaki boy go come stop am.

And from wetin i hear, na public-private thing, na infrastructure (rail lines) lagos go provide and na business go bring the coaches, so e suppose last because the private investors no go le their money enter gutter.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by deor03(m): 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2009
XKZ:

Bro,

This is a very funny appraisal. Between the said time, have you ever seen any BRT on these same route EMPTY?.

You probably do not have an idea of the number of passangers moving across the bridge at this time, obviously BRT alone can't everyone
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Fraba(m): 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2009
at the rate lagos is going, who knows it might become an independent state or is it country?
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by DoubleN(m): 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2009
Raji BABA Jeun Soke!!!!
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Coldish: 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2009
This is absolutely great news, i wish we had a president like him
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by tunnytox(m): 8:11pm On Dec 29, 2009
Princek12:

You are comparing a local election to a national election. Local elections are more closely monitored by the people of the state and the legislature. National elections, on the other hand, are difficult to monitor in Nigeria and are subject to the population differences which vary from region to region. These differences are also based along religious lines. Also Nigerian citizens from the outset vehemently and unequivocally rejected the nomination and election of Yaradua. People of Oyo State, on the other hand, have revered Alao Akala as their favorite son, and there is no statewide, majority consensus condemning Alao Akala's administration.

no one voted for this Amala and Gbegiri politician, his grandfather of Amala politics forcefully imposed Akala on Oyo State people with the help of Obasanjo, how much power do we the electorate have over Obj and his thugs?
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by bandely(m): 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2009
Eko baje ti!
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by XKZ(m): 8:37pm On Dec 29, 2009
deor03:

Bro,

This is a very funny appraisal. Between the said time, have you ever seen any BRT on these same route EMPTY?.

You probably do not have an idea of the number of passangers moving across the bridge at this time, obviously BRT alone can't everyone

I was replying to the statement that the BRT is used by all and sundry, and my point is very few people are abandoning their private vehicles to use the BRT.

Even if BRT can't carry everyone, at present it is carrying far less than its full capacity. The go-slow caused by the high number of private vehicles on the road ties up the BRT buses (especially on 3MB where there are no dedicated lanes) reducing their turnaround time.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by sleekp1: 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2009
Its ironic that while fashola's AC is thriving in Lagos, its counter part in Edo state is fu cking things up, I hate PDP but Professor Osunbor was doing well before the courts removed him.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by senetee(m): 9:14pm On Dec 29, 2009
Truth is those BRT buses are still not enough. Have you been to a BRT bus terminal between the hours of 5 pm to 7 pm, especially the one at CMS? You would behold a very long queue which indicates that the demand is there but the supply does not match it at the moment.

It is still nice to know that there is a comfortable alternative to squeezing into a rickety bus (which on bad day could just pack up on 3rd Mainland bridge)from obalende to the Mainland.

Also, Lagos has hydra headed problems which cannot be fixed in one administration. I salute the former administration and this current one in Lagos state for providing this alternative. I pray and believe, they can improve on what has been done.

The more channels of transportation, the lesser the pressure on just one which is currently roads. I welcome it.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Redman44(m): 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2009
Thank God smiley smiley One more problem is being solved in Nigeria. Nigeria needs a working Railways system. It might not be as sophisticated as that of the Western world, but the main thing is that it should be up to an acceptable standard. I just like the progress Fashola has made with Lagos State so far. We need dynamic Governors in the other states. Cheers.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Kilonso: 11:56pm On Dec 29, 2009
senetee:

Truth is those BRT buses are still not enough. Have you been to a BRT bus terminal between the hours of 5 pm to 7 pm, especially the one at CMS? You would behold a very long queue which indicates that the demand is there but the supply does not match it at the moment.

It is still nice to know that there is a comfortable alternative to squeezing into a rickety bus (which on bad day could just pack up on 3rd Mainland bridge)from obalende to the Mainland.

Also, Lagos has hydra headed problems which cannot be fixed in one administration. I salute the former administration and this current one in Lagos state for providing this alternative. I pray and believe, they can improve on what has been done.

The more channels of transportation, the lesser the pressure on just one which is currently roads. I welcome it.

Fashola himself said it, I think he mentioned something more than four thousand buses in Lagos state and that the only means of getting such quantity is by attracting the manufacturers in to the conutry, and he admitted the this it will take years. the man is a leader. Really proud of him.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 30, 2009
Moberola also said that the red line would use the existing corridor of the Nigerian Railway Corporation.

”We have been talking with them (NRC) for the past four years. We want them to move their own track, which is in the middle of the corridor now, to the left, so that we can then build two new tracks onto the right. We are on the point of concluding the issue,” he added.

I HOPE DS DELAY TACTIC BY NRC OF THE RULING PDP WONT SCUTTLE SUCH LAUDABLE IDEA.
cant they just let somebody else work if dey aint ready to think of working talkless of actually doing a job.
[b][/b] angry angry angry
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Dsampler: 7:03am On Dec 30, 2009
Instead of everybody standing on the side line saying "Thank you Fasola", everybody should be writng the man a letter to ask what they can do to help him with these huge projects. Its so easy to fold you arms & say "Thank You" and then go back to your Gari & okro soup (with extra dry fish & big big meat, eating with dat ya dirty fingers wey you never wash since you commot from the latrine). He doesn't need your thank yous, he needs your contributions. So, call him! write him! and ask how you can help. You could do something as little as paying your Taxes. It all adds up.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by deliverus: 7:06am On Dec 30, 2009
The idea of a functional railway system in Lagos is a good idea, this will eventually reduce the number of cars on the road but my fear is will Thieves in Lagos allow for smooth flow of the system?  lipsrsealed
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by kelao: 8:01am On Dec 30, 2009
If you live in lagos along lagos/badagry express way,
you will notice that work has began.

JULIUS BERGER has started working at Orile and another bridge is been
build in maza maza/mile two.

So stop saying that work has not begun!!!!
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by VALIDATOR: 8:47am On Dec 30, 2009
@Omo Ibo and his fellow pessimists,
When something is wrong you complain. When it is right you still complain. I guess you are just wired that way.

Criticisms are good but you need to do some research and exercise some thinking before emitting krap out of your guts.

Lagos govt is performing better than your own state govts.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by DOAweb(m): 10:30am On Dec 30, 2009
wink wink Mr Fash is impressing me, I have to say - SIMPLES
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Ojumiii(m): 11:19am On Dec 30, 2009
Eko oni baje oooo,
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Ty207: 11:42am On Dec 30, 2009
I can remember is swagger doing campaign "trust me i promise a Brighter,Rewarding Future!" BRF.
Eko oni baje o!
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Ty207: 11:44am On Dec 30, 2009
I remember is swagger doing campaign "trust me i promise a Brighter,Rewarding Future!" BRF.
Eko oni baje o!
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Ty207: 11:46am On Dec 30, 2009
I remember is swagger doing campaign "trust me i promise a Brighter,Rewarding Future!" BRF.
Eko oni baje o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N37.1bn Fraud: Buhari’s Minister Shuns EFCC Invitation / Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard / Dasuki Granted N200 Million Bail By Abuja Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.