Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,639 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail (20705 Views)

Lagos Light Rail Will Start Functioning By December- Ambode ( Photos ) / Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts / Pomo’ Consumption Hurting Nigeria’s $3bn Hides/skin Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by martinosi: 2:28pm On Aug 10, 2010
Hmmm
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by GAR3TH(m): 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2010
Lo0oL Funny post
Lagos states Budget is $1.5 billion a year, so where are they gonna get $3 billion to do this project not to mention cost over-runs and unforseen contigencies!!! lol u people need to wake up and think for a change

Its Called PPP (Public private partnership) when the price tag is shared by the state and other private investors.

The main idea to to transport the Gas. . . . .so they went for the Railway project,

On a light rail? dude you must be confusing this project with something else. A light rail is way different from a standard gauge rail. This is a state project so how on earth would it be associated in interenational affairs? I think you have this project confused with something else. . .probably confused it with NRC.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Mariory(m): 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2010
martinosi:

This is a World Bank Project and it runs concurrently with
the railways being built in other coastal West African contries,

So people who think that Fashola is the source of this idea need to sit down and keep quiet!!!

Lagos states Budget is $1.5 billion a year, so where are they gonna get $3 billion to do this project not to mention cost over-runs and unforseen contigencies!!! lol u people need to wake up and think for a change,

The main idea to to transport the Gas and other sensitive resources from area's like Nigeria all the way up the west african coastal cities for entry into Europe via morrocco-spain,

The World Bank and its Major stakeholders (USA/EU) looked at
the plan of running  a pipleline from west-africa through the sahara
desert but thy shelved the idea due to Security risk
, so they
went for the Railway project,

You guys need to research and do your home-work and maths before talking

I suggest you start loggin onto the Financial Times website for a start 

Please shut your hole. What a sad display of stupidity.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by honeric01(m): 4:19pm On Aug 10, 2010
GAR3TH:

^^ yes, its a ten lane highway that will have the blue line running in the middle of the expressway. see render below

Thanks.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Fhemmmy: 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2010
Any picture to show progress?
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by paddylo1(m): 4:43pm On Aug 10, 2010
Please shut your hole. What a sad display of stupidity.

Lol. .
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by paddylo1(m): 4:45pm On Aug 10, 2010
another ignorant clown called martinosisi. . light rail to transport gas. ?. .

No amount of foolishness have i not heard on Nairaland. . .

and by the way there is no international rail project for west Africa

matter of fact Fasholas lagos state is the only one in the sub-region building a light rail project

Finally Fasholas budgets over N400billion a yr,which is $2.6billion. . .

This whole project may cost over $1billion,but its being built in phases,with the blue line first
cool
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by GAR3TH(m): 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2010
Some videos if you are interested in the project

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgnaSLyvSfc&hl=en_US&fs=1[/flash]

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6g6LgyROVM&hl=en_US&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by olafolarin(m): 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2010
What more can i say??
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by DisGuy: 10:04pm On Aug 10, 2010
olafolarin:

What more can i say??

You can ask for more

they said work started this January after the design and all

We should be able to have a look and work so far, something like the 'whats happening in the lekki-axis thread'

We would like to know what sort of coaches will be deployed and how it will be powered

we would like to know why they have a website that never gets updated cheesy

we would like to know if the deadline will be met cheesy
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by paddylo1(m): 10:08pm On Aug 10, 2010
We would like to know what sort of coaches will be deployed and how it will be powered

Its going to be diesel powered

http://www.lamata-ng.com/newsreader69.html
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by GAR3TH(m): 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2010
it would be nice if someone from that area would be willing to constantly keep us updated like johnie does with lekki. . .anyone?
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by xterra2(m): 11:00pm On Aug 10, 2010
Dis Guy:

Pictures of work being done anyone?

August 2012 here we come!!!
this,
Fhemmmy:

Any picture to show progress?
this,

Here is the only picture of the Lagos Rail Rail while being constructed in the internet (if not world) snapped by ME,yes ME !

This i took in January this year,from a newspaper daily trust
See the Location in the caption Please someone that lives in Lagos should get us pictures
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by olafolarin(m): 4:04am On Aug 11, 2010
xterra2:

this,this,

Here is the only picture of the Lagos Rail Rail while being constructed in the internet (if not world) snapped by ME,yes ME !

This i took in January this year,from a newspaper daily trust
See the Location in the caption Please someone that lives in Lagos should get us pictures

Thats in front of National Theatre in Orile-Iganmu.
What is the update on Mile 2-Badagry expressway?That last i heard is that FG wont allow ligh rail on the road.Any new developments??
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by DisGuy: 12:30am On Aug 12, 2010
^^ Really?
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by AjanleKoko: 9:08am On Aug 12, 2010
I'll be driving towards Badagry this weekend. I'll get some pictures and post here.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by dlox01(m): 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2010
i am still waiting for some people to come run thier mouths here again o!!! i wonder what is holding them??hurry up,
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by xterra2(m): 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2010
AjanleKoko:

I'll be driving towards Badagry this weekend. I'll get some pictures and post here.
Please do
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by eleven(m): 7:19pm On Aug 14, 2010
This project gladdens my heart and indeed lifts up my spirit. I look at the rail line everyday to and from work. I see the CCECC working on the rails from Oshodi to Agege where I pass through daily.

I know they have replaced some rails (saw them packing the old ones some weeks back), poured gravels on the line and are currently demarcating the area with wire-mersh fence.

Saw the 1970 GE C25 locomotive old school engine imported by NRC and wonder why FG cannot even try to do us proud for once.

I trust Gov Fashola can never agree to give Lagosian such ugly old school beast; to imagine the idiots posing happily in front of their retrogressive solution obviously praising themselves of their stupid achievement.

Who says Nigerians do not deserve the finest, strongest and most modern rail system like the west, after-all our president is getting himself one of the latest jets in the world.

GOD bless Gov Fashola for his love to his people. I support this project any time.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by xterra2(m): 11:52pm On Aug 14, 2010
eleven:

This project gladdens my heart and indeed lifts up my spirit. I look at the rail line everyday to and from work. I see the CCECC working on the rails from Oshodi to Agege where I pass through daily.

I know they have replaced some rails (saw them packing the old ones some weeks back), poured gravels on the line and are currently demarcating the area with wire-mersh fence.

Saw the 1970 GE C25 locomotive old school engine imported by NRC and wonder why FG cannot even try to do us proud for once.

I trust Gov Fashola can never agree to give Lagosian such ugly old school beast; to imagine the idiots posing happily in front of their retrogressive solution obviously praising themselves of their silly achievement.

Who says Nigerians do not deserve the finest, strongest and most modern rail system like the west, after-all our president is getting himself one of the latest jets in the world.

GOD bless Gov Fashola for his love to his people. I support this project any time.

Good,please we need pictures since you pass through everyday endeavor to snap good pictures we haven't got any pictures of this project yet
We'll be waiting,Thanks
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by MShittu: 4:58pm On Dec 13, 2010
A funny observation
The first vid mixes up tokyo and mumbai!
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by vorosmartm(m): 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2010
My Father in Heaven, please give Delta state a governor half as capable as Fashola. Not the thieving devil imposed on us by his demonic cousin. We'll be contended with half cos delta state go turn london.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by ideylaff: 1:52pm On Apr 08, 2011
Even the London Underground just about carries 1 million passengers per day.

Naaa. its 3.4 Million average daily ,

The record number of people travelling on the Underground was set on the 7th December 2007 when 4.17 million travelled on that day.

The average number of people using the Underground daily is 3.4 million.
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by DisGuy: 10:51pm On Apr 22, 2011
Any Updates?
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by Mariory(m): 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2011
Re: Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail by DisGuy: 9:41am On Sep 27, 2012
Sept 2012...

when is the completion date again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Treason! Buhari Wake Up! Biafra Flag Hoisted Live In Aba Nigeria Territory / Odumakin Will Soon Know He Has No Immunity Like Presidents – Sagay / GRV Praises David Hundenyin, Colonel Ojukwu, And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.