Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,593 members, 7,955,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:55 PM

MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust (31578 Views)

Bad News For Guiders As MMM Announces New Strategy / MMM Participants Lose Patience, Attack Each Other, Guiders / Chuddy Ugorji Got New SUV From MMM Guiders As Wedding Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by ishua(m): 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2017
.sue MMM and they will show you the disclaimer

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
Am I the only one wondering why MMM itself can't be sued?
Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by 2tek: 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
MMM has come to stay whether haters like it or not.

5 Likes

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2017
It is not my money lipsrsealed
Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by icejoel(m): 5:30pm On Apr 07, 2017
Lol yeah

1 Like

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by nkemjacob2(m): 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2017
seun and e crew done come again o
Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by AntiWailer: 5:58pm On Apr 07, 2017
Eediots.
Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by linearity: 6:11pm On Apr 07, 2017
ozoebuka1:
dirty dey smell. Them no read terms and conditions?

I think this case might be different and the accused will very much be in the hook here.

The plaintiffs did not directly invested in MMM and as abiding by MMM terms and conditions is not relevant. They gave the money to the accused who promised them 30% at the end of the month, it was the accused who then invested the money.

Even, if the MMM terms and agreement were applicable, it would have been null and voided by a good lawyer, who knows his worth. Not all terms of conditions, agreements, etc are bidding even if you sign them.

By definition and in the court of law, MMM is a fraudulent Ponzi scheme and any agreement made with MMM is null and void and not enforceable in any court of law or cited as evidence to Barr aggrieved individuals to seek redress. A fraudulent entity or an individual cannot enforce agreement obtained during the process of carrying out his or her fraudulent activities.

That is why you see that, mafias don't go to court to enforce their agreements or take their debtors to court, they settle it on the streets, sometimes with the victim paying the ultimate price.

I don't think, this MMM story has ended, expect to see many similar cases very soon.

3 Likes

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by linearity: 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2017
linearity:

I think this case might be different and the accursed will very much be in the hook here.

The plaintiffs did not directly invest in MMM and as such MMM terms and conditions are not relevant. They gave the money to the accused who promised them 30% at the end of the month, it was the accursed who then invested the money.

Even, if the MMM terms and agreement were applicable, it would have been null and voided by a good lawyer, who knows his worth. Not all terms of conditions, agreements, etc are bidding even if you sign them.

By definition and in the court of law, MMM is a fraudulent Ponzi scheme and any agreement made with MMM is null and void and not enforceable in any court of law or cited as evidence to Barr aggrieved individuals from seeking redress. A fraudulent entity or an individual cannot enforce agreement obtained during the process of carrying out his or her fraudulent activities.

That is why you see that, mafias don't go to court to enforce their agreements or take their debtors to court, they settle it on the streets, sometimes with the victim paying the ultimate price.

I don't think, this MMM story has ended, expect to see many similar cases very soon.
Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by vertueptime: 6:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
The breach of trust was for introducing them to scam,
Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by anthony533(m): 6:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
Look at what I saw[color=#006600][/color]

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by deniguy01(m): 6:23pm On Apr 07, 2017
[color=#770077][/color] hmmm... Deniguy

2 Likes

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by NLban: 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
goldcoinhub:

Two middle-aged persons, Debora Fojo and Musa Garba, on Friday appeared before a Malumfashi Chief Magistrates’ Court in Katsina State for alleged breach of trust and cheating.

The two were accused of collecting N429,000 to invest in an online business called MMM.

МММ was a Russian company that perpetrated one of the world’s largest Ponzi schemes of all time, in the 1990s. By different estimates, from five to 40 million people, Nigerians inclusive, lost up to $10bn.

Fojo and Garba are residents of Government Girls Secondary School Malumfashi Quarters and Unguwar Danyawa village in Kafur local government areas respectively.

According to the separate First Information Reports read to the court, Fojo allegedly collected N229,000 from one Sani Salisu of Unguwar Sodangi in Malumfashi to invest in the scheme.

Garba, on the other hand, collected N200,000 from one Adamu Aliyu of Gangarawa, also in Malumfashi, to invest in MMM.

The Police Prosecutor, Insp. Sani Ahmed, told the courts that the accused deceived the complainants with a promise that the investment would provide 30 percent returns within 30 days.

He said that neither the original money nor the interest were returned to the complainants after the expiration of the agreed period.

He said the accused were charged with criminal breach of trust and cheating, offences that contravene sections 312 and 322 of the penal code.

The two accused persons, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The Chief Magistrate, Lawal Usman, adjourned Fojo’s case till April 11, while that of Garba was moved to April 18, for mention.

He ordered that the two accused persons be remanded in prison custody.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/04/mmm-investors-drag-guiders-to-court-for.html

lalasticlala

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by deniguy01(m): 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
[color=#770077][/color] hmmm... Deniguy using jazz to collect my money from mmm was good

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by maasoap(m): 6:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
Mouthgag:
Waste of time grin grin
I lost millions but, this is lost course...
Yeah, but two guiders are cooling off in prison now.

The victims gave money to them, the victims didn't pay the money out themselves. Unlike your own case, probably you paid the money out yourself, you can't hold anyone responsible. They are in soup.
Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by maasoap(m): 6:31pm On Apr 07, 2017
ozoebuka1:
dirty dey smell. Them no read terms and conditions?
Believe me, some participants are illiterates and ignorants. They were simply deceived by greedy guiders because of their own bonuses. The victims gave money to them, the victims didn't pay the money out themselves.
Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by Reference(m): 6:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
Handsomecole:
Money wey Don go! grin

They have assets which can be sold to off-set debts. Such was the fate of Bernie. All his assets were confiscated and he had to declare bankruptcy. But even that is not the end.
The only way to put an end to this mess in Nigeria both now and in the future is for the Judiciary to send a strong signal these things will not be tolerated. We can already see the ambivalence of the typical Nigerian caveman who believes every evil experience is from god and who is prepared to suffer and live in this country like a jungle bound animal while his fellow citizens abroad sue local councils for pot hole damage to cars and claim damages for poor utility services.

This is a good development and more should follow.
Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by Bullhari: 6:45pm On Apr 07, 2017
sapientia:
Breach of trust... prison..

Why suffering them when you know Nigerian laws have nothing against them?

Unless they never told them its MMM, if they did.. dead on arrival.

they are actually guilty. their mistake was collecting the money cash. be like borrowed money with promise of interest.

never you collect money from anyone to invest in Ponzi. let them pay themselves. I repeat, let them pay themselves.

1 Like

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by sapientia(m): 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2017
Bullhari:

they are actually guilty. their mistake was collecting the money cash. be like borrowed money with promise of interest.

never you collect money from anyone to invest in Ponzi. let them pay themselves. I repeat, let them pay themselves.

If they were informed and they agreed.. d case is finished.. unless.. they were not aware.
Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 07, 2017
It's not peer to peer as it should mean, it's more like peer to peer fraud. My gh of 5k from Ghw, I do am as test, dem no pay me. They said I should Ph more to gh more when I am not a fool. Abeg they are all rubbish.

1 Like

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 07, 2017
bjhaid:
What is MMM please?

It is the name of one new biscuit in the market.

2 Likes

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by vRendoh(m): 8:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
I for so worse than that if to say I do this mugu business
Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 07, 2017
is it your money we are investing? --- grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 07, 2017
2tek:
MMM has come to stay whether haters like it or not.

smiley are you sure? smiley
Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by Emilo(m): 9:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
[quote author=NLban post=55358829][/quote]

Please explain to me where the Nigeria's 10 billion $ go to Dont you ve sense anymore, the money only exchanged hands. Its still here. Then again, did you just say 10b$, as in dollars. You must be high on 2 days urine.

1 Like

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by Nellybank(m): 9:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
Two lazy people

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by Nicholas190(m): 9:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
venai:
Wicked guiders and gullible fellows. Both the guiders and their victims should be jailled. They were warned by many Nairalanders, but they refused accept their many advice. The senate also warned them to stop, instead they shouted, "Buhari no want our progress". Now, e don happen! To everybody that lost his or her hard earned, borrowed or stolen money to MMM, I say "NTOORRR..."

Don't blame the guidian, just blame the man but do you know what MMM IS still paying 2016 Mavro? It is just that people don't know the secret, you can read the secret here http://www.dailyinfo.ga/2017/04/top-secret-way-how-to-recover-your-mmm.html?m=1
Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by chantman: 10:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
just passing
Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nicholas190:

Don't blame the guidian, just blame the man but do you know what MMM IS still paying 2016 Mavro? It is just that people don't know the secret, you can read the secret here http://www.dailyinfo.ga/2017/04/top-secret-way-how-to-recover-your-mmm.html?m=1
Sorry. I am not interested.

1 Like

Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by reyscrub(m): 12:02am On Apr 08, 2017
That guilder no wise at all. How can you accuse me say I collect money from you without receipt or document to show the transaction?

Secondlly, make them go check my bank account whether you pay anything there.

Third make court ask am who she paid the money to and he should go and arrest the person and not me.

I tell you nobody! I repeat NOOOOBODY fit arrest anyone to court on MMM issue since the act of modern day e-business and digital transaction are yet to be well define by Nigeria constitution. Quote and watch out, the case will be trash out by court except the guy collect the money from them and make a signatory document of collection.

Even if I collect money from you in cash and no any signatory document to back it up, I feel claim say I no collect kobo from you and no court can nail me to pay you back since there is no document to ascertain your claim.

Either you like it or not, MMM has come to stay and I have been getting my cash without any stress and all my down lines understand the operation.

Mtcheeeeew
No case at all
I like the guy who say the case is death on ariva DOA
Case close
Re: MMM Investors Drag Guiders To Court For Breach Of Trust by linearity: 12:55am On Apr 08, 2017
Mouthgag:
Waste of time grin grin
I lost millions but, this is lost course...

Not true, MMM trustees and those behind it can be successfully sued in Nigeria.

If you lost money in the scheme and you know a Guider and can successfully tie him or her to the scheme, you can sue them.

Don't mind those useless disclaimers and terms of use they have on their website, they will be thrown away in court...once your lawyer has established that, they are a fraudulent organization, which is very easy to do. A fraudulent organization cannot defraud people and mount a defense that, the individual signed an agreement or read a disclaimer.

The only tight rope is, if you knowingly agreed to enter into a fraudulent transaction with someone and you get duped in the process, you cannot use the courts to seek redress. But, this is not applicable as any good lawyer can show that, you were not a party to MMM's frauds and that, it was presented to you as a legitimate investment entity with promises of giving you your profit + interest in 30 days.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords / Buying Shares in Nigeria: Companies, Stock Market Trends, & Opportunities / Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.