Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:49 AM

Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros (29382 Views)

Kingsley Moghalu Under Fire For Referring To Igbos As ‘nigerian Igbo’ / Onyeama Knocks South African Minister Who Described Nigerians As Drug Dealers / Who Captured And Sold The Igbos As Slaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 9:50pm On Apr 11, 2017
So where do these people with the burnt placentae stand? They are shadows neither here nor there in fact they are worse than Osus

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2017
NwaGowon,
Nwa Asika
NwaNigeria

That is how they used to be called
They really like to keep it quiet but the truth will always out

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 10:17pm On Apr 11, 2017
mercyville:
You talk too much just to cover your shame! You said:But no, one resulted to posting precolonial igbo women and claiming that yoruba never walked around Unclad. Another big exposure came to light, we saw precolonial images of yoruba people walking Unclad. To save face, you and your other browsers resulted to denying ijebu and oyo image#Igbo women shown naked were the ones of 1921 and they were imbedded in your history on wikipedia to show that you are barbarians and savages!You posted Oyo but we saw two women, one clothed and the other one bringing out her baby thereby showing her breast!You posted one jebu women,knowing that Yorubas never walked unclad in their history ,I went for the link"british museum"you inserted and saw that you are a liar,you posted another pic of two women working and guessed because of the mud house which you barbarians also have,that they were yoruba changing from pazienza to etc,I know it is the deceptive "onenaira"!The panacea is for you to give me link so I can verify by myself!

So much tears in one post, it's delicious. Now I'm pazienza grin grin grin Anything to help save face over the barbarians you Afonja are (words of your colonizers, not mine). Yep your eye disease is causing you to see a baby next to the unclad oyo yoruba women. I guess the lady behind her is equally because of a baby. The four ijebu women sitting flat out naked is also because of a baby. The two vent down that you want desperately not to be yoruba is also walking around naked because of an imaginary baby. Anything to save una bashed in face repeatedly on this thread.

Btw: where have denied being one naira on this account. Unlike your savage cowardly brothers on this forum...I say each account that's mine. Thankso for stating the obvious Mr.obvious.

Now cry me more rivers nigga. It's expected with the amount of expose una are getting on this forum lately.
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 10:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
mercyville:
You talk too much just to cover your shame! You said:But no, one resulted to posting precolonial igbo women and claiming that yoruba never walked around Unclad. Another big exposure came to light, we saw precolonial images of yoruba people walking Unclad. To save face, you and your other browsers resulted to denying ijebu and oyo image#Igbo women shown naked were the ones of 1921 and they were imbedded in your history on wikipedia to show that you are barbarians and savages!You posted Oyo but we saw two women, one clothed and the other one bringing out her baby thereby showing her breast!You posted one jebu women,knowing that Yorubas never walked unclad in their history ,I went for the link"british museum"you inserted and saw that you are a liar,you posted another pic of two women working and guessed because of the mud house which you barbarians also have,that they were yoruba changing from pazienza to etc,I know it is the deceptive "onenaira"!The panacea is for you to give me link so I can verify by myself!

Incase your loser ass isn't aware images can be retraced or at least shown where it was posted in the past. The simple thing to do is GOOGLE SEARCH before making a complete buff00n of yourself. I literally just googled search the two images you tried to deny as yoruba.

The ijebu one you tried to disassociate from was brought to the public by drum roll please A YORUBA.

The second one you yet again tried to deny as Yoruba was brought to the public by drum roll please the BRITISH MUSEUM like pazienza stated.

The last one was equally brought to the public by a yoruba as well but since you accepted it's yoruba ..I won't expose that one either.
Just going to suggest, get your eyes checked since you see imaginary "baby".

Oya cry me more river.

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by mercyville: 1:11pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ikeg:

Incase your loser ass isn't aware images can be retraced or at least shown where it was posted in the past. The simple thing to do is GOOGLE SEARCH before making a complete buff00n of yourself. I literally just googled search the two images you tried to deny as yoruba.

The ijebu one you tried to disassociate from was brought to the public by drum roll please A YORUBA.

The second one you yet again tried to deny as Yoruba was brought to the public by drum roll please the BRITISH MUSEUM like pazienza stated.

The last one was equally brought to the public by a yoruba as well but since you accepted it's yoruba ..I won't expose that one either.
Just going to suggest, get your eyes checked since you see imaginary "baby".

Oya cry me more river.
You have not brought any proof to show that those jebu women are yoruba!Yoruba had never walked unclad in their history!Do yourself a favour and find even just one tagged yoruba women like the uncountable ones of Igbo women walking and even posing for oyinbo cameras in total nudity!Total barbarians,I must say!Maybe you are an old man or have several eye gunks in your adorable eyes,show that oyo pic to a younger person and you would be told she has a baby on her back!Look at another woman there clothed!So you have nothing to hold on to and those Ilorin Yoruba women were working in which case decided to put off their tops which some old villagers still do in your villages till now!We have pics of a lot of your young girls walking totally naked without even a strap of cloth!Chronic barbarism!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 1:19am On Apr 13, 2017
mercyville:
You have not brought any proof to show that those jebu women are yoruba!Yoruba had never walked unclad in their history!Do yourself a favour and find even just one tagged yoruba women like the uncountable ones of Igbo women walking and even posing for oyinbo cameras in total nudity!Total barbarians,I must say!Maybe you are an old man or have several eye gunks in your adorable eyes,show that oyo pic to a younger person and you would be told she has a baby on her back!Look at another woman there clothed!So you have nothing to hold on to and those Ilorin Yoruba women were working in which case decided to put off their tops which some old villagers still do in your villages till now!We have pics of a lot of your young girls walking totally naked without even a strap of cloth!Chronic barbarism!!!

So much tears and desperation to push away the expose that yoruba walked around NAKED!!!!!!

Jebu we see on that picture are not yoruba, they are Latinos.

The oyo woman walking around NAK3D are south African
And the two woman once more NAK3D are Europeans

Since when people take the top of the outfit to work on their project....Oh I know it's a pitiful attempt to mark off that YORUBA ARE BARBARIANS that walked around NAK3D!!!!! cheesy grin grin grin

Here's the image once more that makes you cry.

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 1:46am On Apr 13, 2017
mercyville:

And just to be a bastard and make you cry some more.

Another image of a yoruba precolonial woman walking around NAK3D!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 1:52am On Apr 13, 2017
mercyville:

Just to pissed you off yet again. These are images from year 2006 of an European woman's visit to Benin. Notice the tribal name of the women she photographed.

Even in this century, we still have some of your people walking around NAK3D. Till the point they feel comfortable having some random ass white woman taking pictures of their nak3d chest. Shame no dey for their body.

I would highly suggest you stop wailing on my I'd because the more you do, the more I google and the more I keep finding sh1t/expose to make you wail some more grin grin grin tongue

3 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Nobody: 3:29am On Apr 13, 2017
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 6:37am On Apr 13, 2017
Here we see NwaTitus and company
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 6:39am On Apr 13, 2017
Their leader

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 6:41am On Apr 13, 2017
The rising sun
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 6:43am On Apr 13, 2017
More Eboes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Licensed2Kill(m): 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
you guys need to stop this madness
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by mercyville: 5:41pm On Apr 13, 2017
Ikeg:

Just to pissed you off yet again. These are images from year 2006 of an European woman's visit to Benin. Notice the tribal name of the women she photographed.

Even in this century, we still have some of your people walking around NAK3D. Till the point they feel comfortable having some random ass white woman taking pictures of their nak3d chest. Shame no dey for their body.

I would highly suggest you stop wailing on my I'd because the more you do, the more I google and the more I keep finding sh1t/expose to make you wail some more grin grin grin tongue
That girl is Ethiopian.Go to authentic sites and not blog like republic of you where one can post anything.Those old women were showing you their tatoos and one was even telling you that they have numerous clothes that she could afford to even put one on her head.So people even showing scarifications on their bodies are considered barbarians like Igbo people walking all over the place without a strap of clothings?So you love tatoos?You have totally lost it!

4 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by mercyville: 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2017
aribisala0:
The rising sun
Pls,egbon e yo awon foto biafra yen!Mo beyin nitori Olohun,pls pls
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by mercyville: 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2017
aribisala0:
The rising sun
Thanks.We just play with his mind knowing that they have been said to be very inferior to Yoruba but superior only to congo.People that were still learning how to wear clothes in 1921..

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2017
mercyville:
Tatoo?You have totally lost it!
Lmfaooooooooooo. grin grin grin grin grin

Another pitiful attempt to dissociate from your barbarian ways. Heya ndooo.

Your benin siblings, YORUBA WOMEN, allowed a white woman to take a picture of their BARE CHEST with zero shame in 21st century.

Whether it's titled tattoo or not does not remove the fact YOUR WOMEN were NAK3D. Are yoruba women the only females on this planet with tattoos? How many African tribal women do we see allowing foreigners to take images of their naked body for show in 21st century?

Hell it explains why your mothers feel comfortable protesting NAK3D in the 21st century.

Your Benin counterparts are walking around NAK3D and possessing for pictures like a show animal while their Nigerian counterparts are protesting NAK3D for perverted men

Yet you wonder why Whites deemed una as BARBARIANS. No shame whatsoever!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 7:57pm On Apr 13, 2017
mercyville:
That girl is Ethiopian.Go to authentic sites and not blog like republic of you where one can post anything.Those old women were showing you their tatoos and one was even telling you that they have numerous clothes that she could afford to even put one on her head.So people even showing scarifications on their bodies are considered barbarians like Igbo people walking all over the place without a strap of clothings?So you love tatoos?You have totally lost it!

Lmfaooooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin

The crying and face saving tactics have gotten you to start rewriting your comments. grin grin grin grin

That girl is ETHIOPIAN YET A YORUBA SITE was the one who brought the image out for the whole world to see and labeled it YORUBA grin grin grin grin grin grin

I suggest google the "ethiopian" image and point out to me ONE Site that labeled her ethiopian

I'll wait grin grin grin

As for the rest of your delicious tearful rant, I'very addressed it. Look up

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2017
See the ETHIOPIAN woman everyone grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by mercyville: 8:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
Ikeg:

Lmfaooooooooooo. grin grin grin grin grin

Another pitiful attempt to dissociate from your barbarian ways. Heya ndooo.

Your benin siblings, YORUBA WOMEN, allowed a white woman to take a picture of their BARE CHEST with zero shame in 21st century.

Whether it's titled tattoo or not does not remove the fact YOUR WOMEN were NAK3D. Are yoruba women the only females on this planet with tattoos? How many African tribal women do we see allowing foreigners to take images of their naked body for show in 21st century?

Hell it explains why your mothers feel comfortable protesting NAK3D in the 21st century.

Your Benin counterparts are walking around NAK3D and possessing for pictures like a show animal while their Nigerian counterparts are protesting NAK3D for perverted men

Yet you wonder why Whites deemed una as BARBARIANS. No shame whatsoever!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

These are other proofs of your barbarism.
Igbo-speaking peoples claimed that they were not Igbo They are still doing it in 2017

For some time some Igbo-speaking peoples claimed that they were not Igbo – the word was used as a term of abuse for [b]“less cultured” [/b]neighbours. The word is now used in three senses, to describe Igbo territory, domestic speakers of the language and the language spoken by them.(see (A.E. Afigbo,1981: Ropes of Sand, Caxton Press,Ibadan. and T. Shaw:1970; "Igbo Ukwu: An Account of Archaeological Discoveries in Eastern Nigeria", Faber and Faber, pp. 268-285).

http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/igbo/igbo1.htm

http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/nigeria.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 8:42pm On Apr 13, 2017
mercyville:

For some time some Igbo-speaking peoples claimed that they were not Igbo – the word was used as a term of abuse for “less cultured” neighbours. The word is now used in three senses, to describe Igbo territory, domestic speakers of the language and the language spoken by them.(see (A.E. Afigbo,1981: Ropes of Sand, Caxton Press,Ibadan. and T. Shaw:1970; "Igbo Ukwu: An Account of Archaeological Discoveries in Eastern Nigeria", Faber and Faber, pp. 268-285).

This buffoon does not even known the difference between named " less cultured" and being named "barbarians". grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I suggest open up a dictionary.

Now he's moved from walking arpund naked to cannibalism. All in attempt to save face.

Incase you aren't aware, I was the one on this thread that exposed that yoruba equally practiced cannibalism and hilariously enough still do so in 21st century

Inhabitants.?—?The population of Nigeria is estimated at 15,000,000. The Europeans (mostly British) number about a thousand, and are civil servants, soldiers, traders or missionaries. In the delta district and the forest zone the inhabitants are typical negroes. Besides the people of Benin, the coast tribes include the Jekri (Itshekiri), living on the lower part of the Benin river and akin to the Yoruba, the Ijos, living in the delta east of the main mouth of the Niger, and the Ibos, occupying a wide tract of country just above the delta and extending for 100 m. east from the Niger to the Cross river. South of the Ibos live the Aros, a tribe of relatively great intelligence, who dominated many of the surrounding tribes and possessed an oracle or ju-ju of reputed great power. On the middle Cross river live the Akuna-kunas, an agricultural race, and in the Calabar region are the Efiks, Ibibios and Kwas. All these tribes are fetish worshippers, though Christian and Moslem missionaries have made numerous converts. The Efiks, a coast tribe which has come much into contact with white men, have adopted several European customs, and educated Efiks are employed in government service. The great secret society called Egbo (q.v.) is an Efik institution. Each tribe has a different ju-ju, and each speaks a separate language or dialect, the most widely diffused tongues being the Ibo and Efik, which have been reduced to writing. In general little clothing is worn, but none of the tribes go absolutely Unclad. In colour the majority are dark chocolate, others are coal-black (a tint much admired by the natives themselves) or dark yellow-brown. Cannibalism, human sacrifices and other revolting practices common to the tribes, are being gradually stamped out under British control. Trial by ordeal and domestic slavery are still among the recognized institutions
The Encyclopædia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences ..., Volume 19 edited by Hugh Chisholm

Let me guess, you going to deny iteskiri now just ijebu now that it exposed they practiced human sacrifices (still prevalent within your tribe as we speak) and cannibalism grin grin

Sanctions tend to vary according to the perceived offenses but details about the sanctions such as the type, the mode and the enforcement are scarce. If blood was spilled in a fight, the fighters would have to pay a fine and provide animals for sacrifice. If a wrongdoer denied a charge against him, he would be compelled to declare "If I am innocent, I will come to no harm. If I did the thing they are inquiring into, may I die in two days" (Ibid., 366). Most Ogboni rituals involved the sacrificing of animals, but according to Morton-Williams, some rituals used to include forced suicide, poisoning, human sacrifice and cannibalism . For example, if an Oba embarked on a course of action of which the Obgoni disapproved, he would have been coerced into committing suicide (Ibid., 367). If someone in the Obgoni cult broke the code of secrecy, "the Ogboni will try to poison him, or to paralyse him by casting a spell on his footprints" (Ibid., 370).
http://www.ecoi.net/local_link/189348/307388_de.html

I wonder the tribe that practice Ogboni rituals. Hmmm

21st century expose of continued yoruba cannibalism.

Hidden Nigerian culture exposed. Almost unbelievable!

We need legislation to eradicate rituals, cannibalism - Erelu Lola Ayonrinde -[/b]Raises posers on Oba Funso Adeolu's corpse

Erelu Tunwase AyonrindeErelu Tunwase of Ode-Remo, Chief Lola Ayonrinde, who is the Otun Iyalode of Shomolu and Lagos District, and also the Yeye Akinrogun of Ikeji-Ile Ijesa was twice Mayor of the London Borough of Wandsworth. She talks to AYO-LAWAL GBENOBA on her campaign against human sacrifice and cannibalism in Nigeria.
Excerpts:

WHAT is your campaign all about?
The �Say No To Cannibalism In Nigeria' campaign is aimed towards eradicating the ancient and obnoxious practice of mutilating the bodies of traditional rulers after death. The rituals and sacrifices parts of the body of a dead king, especially in Western Nigeria, are used for are barbaric and a disgrace to the country in this 21st century. The movement is out to stop these evil practices which are not in consonant with the will of God and against the fundamental human rights of the affected traditional rulers. When a king dies, they say they have to give his heart to his successor on the throne to eat. They explained that it will make the new king strong and courageous but, is that not deceit? How can eating somebody's flesh give courage to another person? They mutilate the remains of these kings and engage in fetish and obnoxious activities which add no value to anybody or the society in general.

Why do you need to feed an incoming royal father with the heart of a dead one? This cannibalism started with Christopher Colombus who believed that when a king ate the heart, or some other parts of a dead ruler, some major attributes of the dead was transferred to the new king. This is sheer cannibalism and has no place with God. And, I want the chiefs, the traditional rulers themselves and other stakeholders to know that any tradition that does not recognise God is doomed. The government must put a stop to this cannibalism going on in some parts of Nigeria because, it is even against the constitution of Nigeria. Section 38 subsection 1 of the Nigerian constitution gives every citizen the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, while section 17 subsection 26 declares that the sanctity of the human person shall be recognised and human dignity shall be maintained and enhanced. Where is the sanctity of the human person in all these? Where is human dignity?

What motivated this campaign?
I was very close to the late Alaye of Ode-Remo, Oba Funso Adeolu, the popular Chief Eleyinmi of the rested Village Headmaster soap opera. Few months after his death on August 21, 2008, he started appearing to me and I had months of traumatic haunting. In his lifetime, Oba Adeolu was a Christian and he made it known that he did not partake in anything fetish during his installation as king. He explicitly, several times, demanded that when death came calling, his corpse should be handed over to his family so that he could be given a proper Christian burial. However, his corpse was not released to the family. After his death, he appeared to me several times, and kept telling me about many things. He said his corpse was handed over to the �odis' (slaves) who treated it like that of a criminal. They took bits and pieces of his remains for their own use while some parts were distributed to the four corners of the town.

It was while going round that I discovered what happened and I met some chiefs who confessed what happened but asked me to forget it because there was nothing we could do about it.

All the �odus' of Ifa do not approve using human beings as sacrifice, the constitution does not approve and to crown it all, God Almighty frowns at this practice, they are doing it to appease whom? Some of the kings today are enlightened and those who are born again Christians, like Oba Adeolu, are renouncing these things. So, why hold on to an obnoxious and barbaric act? Oba Adeolu believed he would be given a decent burial and that is why his ghost has refused to rest. Even in Ijebuland, these things were abolished years ago and Ijebuland under the Awujale agreed they would bury kings according to their religion.

So, how do you hope to stop the practice?
We are canvassing that our traditional rulers should be buried whole, without being mutilated and it should be in the open. There is secrecy because of the evils attached. It is untenable scientifically that the heart is eaten for so and so reasons. To start with, let us have the installation of kings in the open, no aspect of the installation should be shrouded in secrecy. It should be a celebration of our culture so, why should it be shrouded in secrecy? When everything becomes transparent, it will even help younger ones to know more about our culture and we will be able to restore some of our societal values. Why should obas be laid to rest in a paganic manner? If a governor gives staff of office to a king, giving him recognition and authority, that king is under the governor so, why should the government condone barbarism in this age? The ministry of local government and chieftaincy affairs should do something about this, if not, the government is endorsing cannibalism. True that some of the kings went through these rituals during installation but those who opted out should be given that grace of opting out of the rituals in death. They should be buried according to their faith. The practice is a disgrace to the whole of South West because it is common ther[/b]e.

[b]We are appealing to the traditional rulers who were installed through cannibalism to renounce it publicly and declare they don't want their hearts to be eaten or other parts of their bodies to be used for any form of ritual.
Abolition of slave trade took place years ago. So, why do we still have some people in Ode calling themselves slaves (�odis')? We need legislation to stop the barbaric act and we are appealing to our lawmakers to rise up to this task of eradicating cannibalism in Nigeria. There should be a law backing a king to opt out of fetish installation and burial and it should become an offence for anyone to tamper with the remains of a king, for whatever purpose, or to give the body to the �odi' for rituals. The penalty should be without an option of fine so that the perpetrators would know how grave the offence is. The �odi' in Ode can be given money to buy goat, ram, cow, or whatever they need for sacrifice, if they must, but there must be total abolition of human sacrifice in the country. Efforts are being made by some Ogun State traditional rulers to stop it but some feel the fetish practice must be protected. The government must detach itself from it.

Internationally, human sacrifice, cannibalism, witchcraft and sorcery are illegal so, why should it be done with impunity in Nigeria, a country that is known as the giant of Africa? Infact, politicians should begin to include the abolition of cannibalism in their campaign programmes, and party manifestos by 2010.

What efforts have you made so far to network and get people involved?
We give glory to Almighty God. I have spoken to so many kings who secretly don't want it and we are telling them that they should make an open declaration against these evil practices. The campaign would be boosted if they do because people believe they all knew and agreed to these evil practices before being installed. We now call on the royal fathers again, in the name of Almighty God, to declare publicly that they don't want these fetish practices to continue. I have carried the campaign to the international level so that Nigerians of affluence who are in diaspora would lobby the lawmakers and get a legal backing for the campaign to eradicate human sacrifice and cannibalism in Nigeria. A number of international media like the BBC have aired my interview on the campaign and some Nigerian people abroad are involved in the lobbying for a legislation to stop the obnoxious practices.

We call on the �oluwos' and �odis' in Ode to review the entrenched ill that has no value to the society. We appeal to them to accept cows and goats and allow our royal fathers to be buried according to their beliefs. Then, it was about time that the royal fathers are constituted into the House of Royals, like the House of Lords, so that they would have more power, say and patnership in governance. This would help them to contribute meaningfully to issues affecting them and the society at large.
http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/38377-hidden-nigerian-culture-exposed-almost-unbelievable.html

[quote]

Continue giving me more reason to google. grin grin grin loving it. Oh my bad, I mean I'm regretting it. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 8:44pm On Apr 13, 2017
mercyville:

Igbo-speaking peoples claimed that they were not Igbo They are still doing it in 2017

For some time some Igbo-speaking peoples claimed that they were not Igbo – the word was used as a term of abuse for [b]“less cultured” [/b]neighbours. The word is now used in three senses, to describe Igbo territory, domestic speakers of the language and the language spoken by them.(see (A.E. Afigbo,1981: Ropes of Sand, Caxton Press,Ibadan. and T. Shaw:1970; "Igbo Ukwu: An Account of Archaeological Discoveries in Eastern Nigeria", Faber and Faber, pp. 268-285).

Full text of the quote

Even the AUTHOR of the quote you quoted even stated he was BIAS to the yoruba grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by mercyville: 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2017
Ikeg:

Full text of the quote

Even the AUTHOR of the quote you quoted even stated he was BIAS to the yoruba grin grin grin grin grin
Of course,he is a Yoruba man!!

What barbarism!
What does one expect from less cultured and barbaric walking without a strap of cloth people..

Every moment, men, women and even children passed me. One would be carrying a human leg on his shoulder, another would be carrying the lungs or the heart of some unfortunate Kroo-boy in his or her hands. Several times I myself was offered my choice of one of these morsels, dripping with gore.

Father Bubendorf of Freiburg, an eye-witness to the slaughter of a group of captives outside the hut of a tribal chief, Onitsha, Nigeria, c. 1921.

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by mercyville: 9:03pm On Apr 13, 2017
Ikeg:

Full text of the quote

They are still eating people up till now reason they have factory babies whom they feed on every now and then...

Cannibalism is widespread from the delta of the Niger for a long way up its course. Among the Okrika Tribe, a hundred and fifty prisoners were taken from a tribe on the opposite side of the river and divided amongst the chiefs. With the exception of eleven, who fell to the lot of converted chiefs, and were therefore spared, the remaining 139 prisoners were divided up among the chiefs and the men who had captured them, and killed and devoured by them.

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 9:08pm On Apr 13, 2017
mercyville:

What barbarism!
What does one expect from less cultured and barbaric walking without a strap of cloth people..

Every moment, men, women and even children passed me. One would be carrying a human leg on his shoulder, another would be carrying the lungs or the heart of some unfortunate Kroo-boy in his or her hands. Several times I myself was offered my choice of one of these morsels, dripping with gore.

Father Bubendorf of Freiburg, an eye-witness to the slaughter of a group of captives outside the hut of a tribal chief, Onitsha, Nigeria, c. 1921.

Precolonial
Most Ogboni rituals involved the sacrificing of animals, but according to Morton-Williams, some rituals used to include forced suicide, poisoning, human sacrifice and cannibalism

21st century

He said his[b] corpse was handed over to the �odis' (slaves) who treated it like that of a criminal. They took bits and pieces of his remains for their own use while some parts were distributed to the four corners of the town.[/b]

When a king dies, they say they have to give his heart to his successor on the throne to eat.

A Nigerian man who confessed to killing his boss and making pepper soup with her body parts was arrested on Wednesday, police said.Salifu Ojo, a 23-year-old farm labourer in southwest Ondo state, killed Christiana Elijah, a 40-year-old mother of four, after a dispute over his pay.

He chopped off her head, hands and legs, then removed her internal organs which he used as ingredients for his soup, police said.

https://www.modernghana.com/news/20540/man-kills-boss-turns-her-into-pepper-soup.html

What do one expect from Savage barbarians whom almost whipped themselves out of existence if not for Europeans intervening.

Barbarians that still walked around, cannibalize and human hunt for rituals scarifice in 21st century.

Pity the barbaric 21st century savages grin grin
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
mercyville:

Of course,he is a Yoruba man!!

No he's not but he did condemned his earlier comments and even loudly stated CLEAR BIAS TOWARDS YORUBA.

We have yet to see any precolonial documentation that claimed Bias to igbo when they labeled yoruba BARBARIANS

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Read it and weep once more

Cry for me once more grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2017
mercyville:

They are still eating people up till now reason they have factory babies whom they feed on every now and then...

Cannibalism is widespread from the delta of the Niger for a long way up its course. Among the Okrika Tribe, a hundred and fifty prisoners were taken from a tribe on the opposite side of the river and divided amongst the chiefs. With the exception of eleven, who fell to the lot of converted chiefs, and were therefore spared, the remaining 139 prisoners were divided up among the chiefs and the men who had captured them, and killed and devoured by them.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This fool thinks okirika are Igbo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So much for free education

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by mercyville: 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2017
Ikeg:

No he's not but he did condemned his earlier comments and even loudly stated CLEAR BIAS TOWARDS YORUBA.

We have yet to see any precolonial documentation that claimed Bias to igbo when they labeled yoruba BARBARIANS

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Read it and weep once more

Cry for me once more grin grin grin grin
Every moment, men, women and even children passed me. One would be carrying a human leg on his shoulder, another would be carrying the lungs or the heart of some unfortunate Kroo-boy in his or her hands. Several times I myself was offered my choice of one of these morsels, dripping with gore. MEN,WOMEN,EVERYBODY!!!A WHOLE NATION,IGBO NATION OF CANNIBALS-CARRYING HEADS,LEGS,SHOULDERS--DRIPPING WITH GORE--BLOOD!!! YEPA!!! NO WONDER THEY STILL HAVE FACTORY BABIES!! http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/nigeria.html

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by peterpan1111: 9:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
I don't think that one should judge over other on basis of old racist quotes from colonial times. Those pseudo scientific writings where produced to convince the common european of the rightfulness to take the land and recources in the (to be) colonies, enslave the people and later to have willing helpers in the "chosen" tribes/people.
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by mercyville: 9:52pm On Apr 13, 2017
Ikeg:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This fool thinks okirika are Igbo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So much for free education
Every moment, men, women and even children passed me. One would be carrying a human leg on his shoulder, another would be carrying the lungs or the heart of some unfortunate Kroo-boy in his or her hands. Several times I myself was offered my choice of one of these morsels, dripping with gore
Father Bubendorf of Freiburg, an eye-witness to the slaughter of a group of captives outside the hut of a tribal chief, Onitsha, Nigeria, c. 1921. http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/nigeria.html

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts / Eyitayo Jegede At His Residence This Morning / 'Fulani Must Go' - Delta Women Protest, Block Expressway (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.