Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,998 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros (28436 Views)

Kingsley Moghalu Under Fire For Referring To Igbos As ‘nigerian Igbo’ / Onyeama Knocks South African Minister Who Described Nigerians As Drug Dealers / Who Captured And Sold The Igbos As Slaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by mercyville: 10:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
salford:

This thread is done...case closed.
The lies being passed on this thread by your brother has been debunked. If there is another rubbish tribal thread opened by another ibo on this forum..you can call my attention to it, and we would expose your lies and fraud as usual. I have better things to do with my time. Yes this is a new moniker after i left nairaland and for some years. Oh and i am not OPC nairaland neither am i Dayokanu nor shymmex...lol.
Some people are really funny,The mere fact that Igbos were stll naked until 1921 speaks volume about their chronic barbarism!It is really appalling that anybody would compare them with the Yorubas who were never naked in their history!

7 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Licensed2Kill(m): 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
salford:

Canada ke. with the way they treat the aboriginals. That is not a good example. Lol
sorry man, my bad. I just hate all these misdirected hatred and frustrations
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Obamaofusa: 10:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
mercyville:
Some people are really funny,The mere fact that Igbos were stll naked until 1921 speaks volume about their chronic barbarism!It is really appalling that anybody would compare them with the Yorubas who were never naked in their history!
I think you should stop stressing this,it is hurtful especially to young Igbos and I am imploring our Igbo brothers to stop opening threads like this on a public forum

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by pazienza(m): 11:37pm On Apr 10, 2017
Obamaofusa:
I think you should stop stressing this,it is hurtful especially to young Igbos and I am imploring our Igbo brothers to stop opening threads like this on a public forum

How exactly are those his lies hurtful? They are at best laughable.

Here is a picture of Igbos as early as 1900 and their Yoruba counterparts.

https://www.nairaland.com/3484518/ibos-take-
aso-ebi-another/4

The first pic was taken in 1880
second and fourth were taken in the 1900s
They are all Igbo people.

The 3rd pic are Yorubas at about same period. grin
http://www.britishmuseum.org/research/
collection_online/collection_object_details.aspx?
objectId=1410377&partId=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 11:42pm On Apr 10, 2017
Willie Obiano in1900?
Chai grin Better delete that Willie Obiano pic before market open

Fulani herdsmen can lie sha

I am sure whatever it was that started this thread is now full of regret

3 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by pazienza(m): 12:12am On Apr 11, 2017
first pic= Yoruba women in 2000s cheesy grin
Second and third pics= Yorubas in precolonial Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by pazienza(m): 12:13am On Apr 11, 2017
Now that the we are through with the pics. We can now move on.
A bit busy. Will be back tomorrow.
I hope folks can see the famous Yoruba brick wall mud houses that we are being told are replicas of Napoli and Venice on the background of the last pics. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 12:15am On Apr 11, 2017
NwaOvaltine kachifo

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Probz(m): 3:34am On Apr 11, 2017
I see we're still revelling in pre-colonial superiority complex. Disgusting.
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 3:55am On Apr 11, 2017
aribisala0:

Nothing to do with chocolate or skin colour so don't get chippy with me
NwaOvaltine NwaSardine are those children sired by aboki soldiers in Biafra with Eboe mothers after the war .The hungry mothers formed relationship with these soldiers who always had plenty of sardines and Ovaltine. The soldiers eventually went home leaving thousands of bastards with no fathers. They were called NwaSardine NwaGeisha NwaOvatine and so on. I hope this helps you understand your origin
https://www.nairaland.com/3731280/biafra-war-children-nwasardine-nwasugar

I was expecting a historical data but as usual, all we get is the yoruba ranting like a mad dog with link of him still ranting like a dig.

After your done ranting like a f00l, go and save your illorin mothers and sisters whom have become Fulani cum bucket for generations now. Nwagroundnut.

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 3:57am On Apr 11, 2017
pazienza:

grin grin grin grin

Another yoruba propaganda destroyed. So they were walking around naked yet claiming "sophisticated"

Choi.
Internet truly was the worst thing created for Afonjas.

Can't help but love the internet.

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by ILoveToFuCcK: 6:04am On Apr 11, 2017
pazienza:
Ikeg:

grin grin grin grin

Another yoruba propaganda destroyed. So they were walking around naked yet claiming "sophisticated"

Choi.
Internet truly was the worst thing created for Afonjas.

Can't help but love the internet.

Una two mumu gan.... That picture was when women angrily protested Abiolas death in ibadan
Chest beating nitwits

3 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 6:08am On Apr 11, 2017
ILoveToFuCcK:

Una two mumu gan.... That picture was when women angrily protested Abiolas death in ibadan
Chest beating nitwits

So the precolonial one was because of abiola? Story!! grin grin like I said Thank God for Internet!

I suggest get glasses because you stated regarding the first picture, pazienza already stated it was in this era.

Thanks for stating the obvious dum dum.

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by salford: 6:13am On Apr 11, 2017
That picture of ijebu you posted up there is fake or the author is up to mischief.
1. Yorubas do not have star shaped pendant like the one shown in the pic u posted up there. Its either ileke (beads or nothing at all).
2. Our womens tummy are usually tattoed or tribal marked. There are non in that pic you posted.
3. Just look at their igbotic faces and shape of head. Another give away. Yorubas dont come with flat and squar shaped head like those of the girls and women in your jebu pic. Thats obviously Igbos.
5. Why is this the only pic available in history depicting jebu women half naked compared to the hundreds available for the eastsiders?
4.The hairstyle of the women is also a giveaway. Our women always plait their hair in fine cornrow styles right from the early days not that mad bush those ones have on their heads like 20th centuries ibos womem. We all know the only one tribe in Nigeria that covers their waist with a tiny rapper that is even if covered at all... grin

You wont find yorubas in such state with the funny looking necklace hinterland not to mention lagos that was developed as far back as 1800.

Check out ibo women below and you would see the similarités with the pic you posted claiming that they are jebu women.

6 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 11, 2017
mercyville:

These are women from Onitsha in 1880
[img]
http://i.imgur.com/jNTWm6r.jpg[/img]

These are women from Onitsha in 1905.

Igbo women from Arochukwu in 1900

yoruba in 1945

ijebu women in 1900

yoruba in 2016

yoruba till present day

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4542551_mark0_jpega135d72037c519f43bfefd419b6c6805

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by tonychristopher: 7:06am On Apr 11, 2017
xharder:

Nawa
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:34am On Apr 11, 2017
Is there any material anywhere on learning Nsibidi? It's a writing system I want to learn and write with.

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by loopmongoat: 8:02am On Apr 11, 2017
xharder:
Their great ancestor built great cities as what they pride now as their heritage/brown roof. Fine, lets agree and praise their ancestors for their hard work and a job well done.

what of the present generation? what are they doing to reduce the wave of hunger, unemployment,laziness and hooliganism that has ravage their towns

Respect to all the hardworking yorubas. The mike adenugas,otedolas,oba otundeku,seun etc but i think the culture of depending on the central government/helper (herdsMentality) and that annoying sense of entitlement has to be revisited, cos it is doing them no good.

Again the igbos have been ancient traders, with the advent of colonialism and white collar jobs, they never abandoned their trade. that is why you see they have a very large and domineering presence in the informal sector and they have specialized in all sort of trade but my western neighbor who are farmers abandoned farming for white collar jobs. Everybody wants to go to school but not all want to farm, infact that is the beginning of the decline of the Yoruba economy and the rise of laziness and unemployment
Correct man

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 8:06am On Apr 11, 2017
jamesibor:

Bro, evidence doesn't hide. If you come first in your class, no matter how the person who came second brags, records won't change to show his name as the first.
Records
Evidence? From a book written notice by an ignorant white man who wrote about an
EBOE EMPIRE
WHICH EBOE EMPIRE?where ?
Reading it one can tell it is rubbish but what is interesting is the mind that thinks
Na OYINBO WRITE AM IT MUST BE TRUE WITHOUT QUESTIONING WHO EXACTLY THE AUTHOR WAS.
There are thousands of Nigerians across the world.Imagine if we started writing books about other people to state who is more honest,hardworking etc
Will they seize upon such books as evidence of anything? I doubt it .Can't you reason at all? .

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 11, 2017
aribisala0:

Records
Evidence? From a book written notice by an ignorant white man who wrote about an
EBOE EMPIRE
Reading it one can tell it is rubbish but what is interesting is the mind that thinks
Na OYINBO WRITE AM IT MUST BE TRUE WITHOUT QUESTIONING WHO EXACTLY THE AUTHOR WAS.
There are thousands of Nigerians across the world.Imagine if we started writing books about other people to state who is more honest,hardworking etc
Will they seize upon such books as evidence of anything? I doubt it .Can't you reason at all? .

so which one should we take, the one written by lagos ibadan afonja propaganda? see dont worry, more is still coming. we will cripple all the lies you guys have told yourselves to feel good till you wake up from your delusion

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by nengibo: 8:31am On Apr 11, 2017
aribisala0:

Records
EBOE EMPIRE
The Eboes that wer slaves to the Benin empire now claiming that they had empire without a king and and defined territory, btw this book was written by the son an Eboe slave
Africanus Horton (1835, Gloucester, Sierra Leone–1883), also known as James Beale,
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africanus_Horton
No white man can be this stupid to write this shxt.
Another hoax from the eboe supremacists busted

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by totit: 8:38am On Apr 11, 2017
xharder:
Their great ancestor built great cities as what they pride now as their heritage/brown roof. Fine, lets agree and praise their ancestors for their hard work and a job well done.

what of the present generation? what are they doing to reduce the wave of hunger, unemployment,laziness and hooliganism that has ravage their towns

Respect to all the hardworking yorubas. The mike adenugas,otedolas,oba otundeku,seun etc but i think the culture of depending on the central government/helper (herdsMentality) and that annoying sense of entitlement has to be revisited, cos it is doing them no good.

Again the igbos have been ancient traders, with the advent of colonialism and white collar jobs, they never abandoned their trade. that is why you see they have a very large and domineering presence in the informal sector and they have specialized in all sort of trade but my western neighbor who are farmers abandoned farming for white collar jobs. Everybody wants to go to school but not all want to farm, infact that is the beginning of the decline of the Yoruba economy and the rise of laziness and unemployment

Yet, eboes occupy the high percentage of civil servant in obodo nigeria grin

Yet una top the high poverty index behind the north, in obodo nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/3197306/states-number-federal-civil-servants

http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/nigeria/publication/nigeria-economic-report-improved-economic-outlook-in-2014-and-prospects-for-continued-growth-look-good

Mtchew undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 8:49am On Apr 11, 2017
xharder:

so which one should we take, the one written by lagos ibadan afonja propaganda? see dont worry, more is still coming. we will cripple all the lies you guys have told yourselves to feel good till you wake up from your delusion
We don't need to be Jews and we don't need Oyinbo validation. Why are you so deeply inferior. It is obvious to everyone

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by mercyville: 9:47am On Apr 11, 2017
pazienza:

How exactly are those his lies hurtful? They are at best laughable.

Here is a picture of Igbos as early as 1900 and their Yoruba counterparts.

https://www.nairaland.com/3484518/ibos-take-
aso-ebi-another/4

The first pic was taken in 1880
second and fourth were taken in the 1900s
They are all Igbo people.

The 3rd pic are Yorubas at about same period. grin
http://www.britishmuseum.org/research/
collection_online/collection_object_details.aspx?
objectId=1410377&partId=1
You have not shown Yoruba being unclad my man!A woman bringing out her child in the market thereby exposing her body does not depict anything and the jebu women were not tagged Yoruba women like your Igbo women who were still learning how to wear clothes even in 1921---chronic barbarism I must say! Yorubas had series of handwoven clothes that they developed by themselves but even Igbo men tie wrappers like women!Do not show women protesting!Let us see Yoruba women or girls walking unclad with links!

4 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by chrisj2(m): 12:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
apcisevil:
You diabolically claim to meet the white man before us, yet the white man called us almost civilized, and called you barbarians. ..

You diabolically claim to have free education and studied above us, yet statistics showed we far above you in education

You diabolically claimed to be high IQ people, yet all test showed we are above you

You diabolically claimed we are canibalistic, yet it is evident that you are ritualist and human head miner.

You diabolically claim sophistication, yet it's evident you cant stay on you own or rule yourselves

You diabolically scheme with your evil master and destroyed us, yet statistics showed you are not better than us

You diabolically stole our wealth, yet it's evident you are not richer than us

You diabolically claimed to be the first in all things, yet it's evident lack behind...

You diabolically claim to be championing for a restructure Nigeria, yet we are the only people protesting for what we believed in

You diabolically claim indispensable, yet you are nothing with your master and can't rule champion a separate identity and diabolically hate those who champion a separate identity

My afonjo people, you are nobody but diabolical hater

I do not appreciate the way you have put your points across but even as a Yoruba person, it is hard not to concur with the overall sentiment.

We Yorubas will only command respect if we have the guts to declare that we want to go our own way. Even if it does not succeed, we have always come across as the green snake in the grass - the so-called clever and diplomatic ones. But in true fact, we are just scared and good ass lickers. We are like the Brits!

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by pazienza(m): 1:57pm On Apr 11, 2017
On the Civil service employment percentage. Yorubas have more people in Federal civil service than Ndiigbo. These are the numbers:

South West;
Ogun _ 4669
Ondo _ 3393
Osun _ 3321'
Oyo _ 3244
Ekiiti _ 2613
Lagos _ 2180
_--------------

South East
Imo _ 5825
Abia _ 3579
Anambra _ 3576
Enugu _ 2695
Ebonyi _ 865
---------------

So this talk of Ndiigbo having more federal civil servants than SW is redundant.
Note that the stat used state of Origin and not state of residence, lest some start propounding theories of non Yorubas in Yoruba states swelling up Yoruba numbers.

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by pazienza(m): 2:05pm On Apr 11, 2017
On the poverty rate stats. That stat was conducted by Oxford university and not by UN.

A better way of measuring a people over all living standards is the measurement of attainment of the MDGs.
From the available data so far, SE beat SW overall on the MDGs attainment.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://nigerianstat.gov.ng/pdfuploads/2014%2520MDG%2520Survey%2520Report.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiy--aztpzTAhVEIsAKHa8GDU0QFggfMAM&usg=AFQjCNG9ewMaPZsKEKlKlDMzrGlZdsHxYQ

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by mercyville: 2:08pm On Apr 11, 2017
chrisj2:

I do not appreciate the way you have put your points across but even as a Yoruba person, it is hard not to concur with the overall sentiment.

We Yorubas will only command respect if we have the guts to declare that we want to go our own way. Even if it does not succeed, we have always come across as the green snake in the grass - the so-called clever and diplomatic ones. But in true fact, we are just scared and good ass lickers. We are like the Brits!
Cannibal spotted

3 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by pazienza(m): 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2017
mercyville:
You have not shown Yoruba being unclad my man!A woman bringing out her child in the market thereby exposing her body does not depict anything and the jebu women were not tagged Yoruba women like your Igbo women who were still learning how to wear clothes even in 1921---chronic barbarism I must say! Yorubas had series of handwoven clothes that they developed by themselves but even Igbo men tie wrappers like women!Do not show women protesting!Let us see Yoruba women or girls walking unclad with links!

Deny all you want, those are pics of Ijebu women, unless you are saying Ijebus are no longer Yorubas and in one of the Yoruba precolonial pics posted here, one can see unclad Yoruba women with exposed breasts.

Igbos had the Akwete clothing industry in Ndoki Abia state. Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by totit: 2:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
pazienza:
On the poverty rate stats. That stat was conducted by Oxford university and not by UN.

A better way of measuring a people over all living standards is the measurement of attainment of the MDGs.
From the available data so far, SE beat SW overall on the MDGs attainment.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://nigerianstat.gov.ng/pdfuploads/2014%2520MDG%2520Survey%2520Report.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiy--aztpzTAhVEIsAKHa8GDU0QFggfMAM&usg=AFQjCNG9ewMaPZsKEKlKlDMzrGlZdsHxYQ

And I quote your false stats, which is even old. Mind you it's actually focus on Africa. And besides, no stats nor figures was stated according to your Google stats, here :

grin

PROGRESS INDICATORS:  ERADICATION OF EXTREME POVERTY AND HUNGER: Extreme poverty and hunger has been prevalent in the African continent for decades. In view of this, the MDGs sought to halve between 1990 and 2015, the proportion of people who suffer from hunger. For this report, the prevalence of underweight in under-five children was measured. In 2014, the percentage of underweight prevalence was 25.50 per cent which is a positive decrease by 6.9 per cent in comparison with 27.40 per cent in 2012. This shows that there is a lower prevalence of underweight children in 2014.  ACHIEVING UNIVERSAL PRIMARY EDUCATION: The target is that by 2015, all children (boys and girls) would have completed a full course of primary schooling. The indicator for this target is the net attendance rate. In 2014, the net attendance rate for primary school was 68.70 per cent which represents a 3.2 per cent decrease from 71.00 per cent recorded in 2012. Secondary school net attendance ratio was 57.4 per cent in 2014, recording a minimal increase of 4.7 per cent from 54.80 in 2012. Primary 6 (six) completion rate was about 74.00 per cent in 2014 which dropped by 15.6 per cent when compared to the 2012 figure. There was also a slight increase in literacy among young women by 0.15 per cent from 2012 to 2014. The survey revealed that the proportion of boys and girls attending primary school declined in 2014, while those attending secondary schools increased minimally. However, primary 6 completion rate recorded a slight decline in 2014

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by mercyville: 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2017
pazienza:

Deny all you want, those are pics of Ijebu women, unless you are saying Ijebus are no longer Yorubas and in one of the Yoruba precolonial pics posted here, one can see unclad Yoruba women with exposed breasts.

Igbos had the Akwete clothing industry in Ndoki Abia state. Google is your friend.
Let us have the link!Post Yoruba women learning how to wear clothes like your igbo people did until 1921!Precolonial era,yoruba had alot of clothes like aso oke,kijipa etc they could pick from but Igbos were walking unclad !Look at your unclad people here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people Provide links for the yoruba people too so we can know the truth that you know!

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by pazienza(m): 2:41pm On Apr 11, 2017
totit:

And I quote your false stats, which is even old. Mind you it's actually focus on Africa. And besides, no stats nor figures was stated according to your Google stats, here :

grin

Lol! Keep deceiving yourself. The stat and Survey are already there on the link and they were more recent than your Oxford university stat.

n the MDGs attainment.
https://www.google.com.ng/url?
sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://
nigerianstat.gov.ng/pdfuploads/2014%2520MDG
%2520Survey%2520Report.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiy--
aztpzTAhVEIsAKHa8GDU0QFggfMAM&usg=AFQjCNG9

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

2019: How Atiku Plans To Beat Buhari In Southwest / Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning / 2023: I Will Never Vote For APC, PDP – Mr Macaroni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.