Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros (28440 Views)

Kingsley Moghalu Under Fire For Referring To Igbos As ‘nigerian Igbo’ / Onyeama Knocks South African Minister Who Described Nigerians As Drug Dealers / Who Captured And Sold The Igbos As Slaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Funlordmaniac(m): 11:26am On Apr 08, 2017
So this is today's battle ground for afonjeezys and inyamiris? In that case let me grab a seat and laugh my ass off! grin
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Afriifa(m): 11:27am On Apr 08, 2017
jamesibor:

Bro, evidence doesn't hide. If you come first in your class, no matter how the person who came second brags, records won't change to show his name as the first.
now you see how you reason? Sorry to say but your reasonings are shallow.. What if the other person is studying elsewhere? I mean not in the same school but another, maybe even with more competitive class.........
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by YonkijiSappo: 11:27am On Apr 08, 2017
Superior my black Nyansh!!

Inferior Igbos!
Hahaha, I no fit laff!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by SlayerForever: 11:27am On Apr 08, 2017
[s]
Afriifa:
Believe me when I say other tribes achieves more than the igbos, even smarter.. It is just that they don't BRAG about it.
[/s]

Sore loser. Hahahhahahha

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Afriifa(m): 11:30am On Apr 08, 2017
sekundosekundo:

There's nothing to dig b'cos the facts are there for all to see.
only in Nigeria. Let's start. Call me the top 5 richest personalities.. Call me the top 5 states with the highest number of professors (scholars)... Then we will start. If you can't provide those information without being sentimental, then I am sorry I am not your class.
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by YonkijiSappo: 11:31am On Apr 08, 2017

Yeye thread.

laughing in Swahili!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by SlayerForever: 11:31am On Apr 08, 2017
[s]
folarinmiles:

If you could still be gratifying yourself bcoz of wat ur slave Master said to you about 300yrs ago, den u have a problem being alive dz century.

And can't u be great on your own without attaching yourself to anoda tribe
dz inferiority complex is real
[/s]

When you're pained better to leave the place. Hahahahha

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Afriifa(m): 11:32am On Apr 08, 2017
SlayerForever:

Sore loser. Hahahhahahha
lol I am not dumb bro. Tell me the top 10am most vocal activists in Nigeria, from past to present.

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Afriifa(m): 11:33am On Apr 08, 2017
SlayerForever:

When you're pained better to leave the place. Hahahahha
men he is not pained, only people with very low self esteem brag around.

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by YonkijiSappo: 11:33am On Apr 08, 2017
apcisevil:
You diabolically claim to meet the white man before us, yet the white man called us almost civilized, and called you barbarians. ..

Oops

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by igbozionism(m): 11:34am On Apr 08, 2017
Balyz:
Empty chest beating trash

kai my chest. E pain am welu welu grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by SlayerForever: 11:34am On Apr 08, 2017
[s]
Afriifa:
lol I am not dumb bro. Tell me the top 10am most vocal activists in Nigeria, from past to present.
[/s]

6 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 08, 2017
Igbo: We give no quarters, we seek none, we take no prisoners

The territory which the expedition now entered is called Esuama-Ebo, a district of large extent.

The religion of the natives is almost pure idolatry; but some slight traces of Judaism may be discovered in it - a circumstance which seems to indicate that some stray wanderers of the Hebrew race must long ago have found their way to these regions, and in the gradual course of time become assimilated to the natives both in appearance and customs, leavening the races around them, however, with a few of their own ideas.

Thus the people of Ebo believe in a God, Orissa or Tshuku, who is supreme and omnipotent; as well as in an evil spirit corresponding to Satan, whom they name Kamallo, or Igwik-Ala. When it is explained that Igivik means "one who has fallen from a place of honour," and that Ala denotes "earth," the parallel between Igwik-Ala and the fallen angel of the Scriptures may be readily recognized.

As the Jews had their sacred city Jerusalem, so the people of Ebo have their holy city Aro, to which they make many pilgrimages, as the followers of the Prophet do to Mecca.

Quitting Ebo, M. Burdo faced north-east, and presently reached N'Teja, which he found in a state of great excitement consequent on the king having declared war with his neighbours the Ogidis. King Ogene received the white man favourably enough, but absolutely forbade him to advance further into his territories. He promised, however, to show M. Burdo another route by which the Niger might be reached.

The apparent reason for this course of action on the king's part was that he feared that the white man's presence among his enemies, the Ogidis, might bring with it the favour of the Great Spirit. After witnessing a curious religious rite, by which King Ogene sought to propitiate the god Tshuku in favour of his arms, M. Burdo departed in a northerly direction
towards Imam.

[b]The natives of Ebo are a fierce and war-loving people. Giving no quarter and seeking none, they make neither slaves nor prisoners, but put all captives to death without mercy. They carry out the stern old code, "an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth," to the letter. [/b]If a man murders another, the victim's relatives pursue the murderer to the death; and if the assassin finally escapes, some one of his relatives suffers death in his stead, and thus justice is appeased.

REFERENCE:
The story of the Niger: a record of travel and adventure from the days of Mungo Park to the present time by Robert Richardson, Published 1888

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5124409_fbimg1491636511014_jpegab110adbd41d48305e751c4ef49ce4cc

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5124410_fbimg1491636515021_jpegf686eaf4d920aa7811bb191c8b950459

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Dreambeat: 11:34am On Apr 08, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Superior my black Nyansh!!

Inferior Igbos!
Hahaha, I no fit laff!!
Why did you edit your post.In the initial reference you posted,the preceding sentence states that this assertion showed a clear bias towards the Yorubas.Anyway I am not here for a Yoruba vs Igbo battle.Just pointed out your deceit.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by SlayerForever: 11:35am On Apr 08, 2017
Afriifa:
men he is not pained, only people with very low self esteem brag around.

No my Nigga. If you brag,you back it up,the haters shut up. Simple.

7 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by YonkijiSappo: 11:36am On Apr 08, 2017
Dreambeat:
Why did you edit your post.In the initial reference you posted,the preceding sentence states that this assertion showed a clear bias towards the Yorubas.Anyway I am not here for a Yoruba vs Igbo battle.Just pointed out you deceit.

Yes, just the way all the rubbish you are posting show Biases towards the Igbo..

Quoting statements from white people in colonial africa and documents from a dark period in African historyonly shows how much low self esteem you and your tribe are suffering. You have real problems bro.
OTHERWISE, I could quote several books and statements from the same white people that describe ibos as the worst set of humans ever.

Shiooor.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Afriifa(m): 11:36am On Apr 08, 2017
SlayerForever:

Top 10 most Vocal activists

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by midfinger(m): 11:38am On Apr 08, 2017
xharder:
ancient igbo written symbols the nsibidi which was borrowed from the ibibios..

its high time we started promoting the Nsibidi writings. which is a symbol of our shared ancient civilization with the ibibios

aBig thanks bro,am bookmarking this one instantly.

4 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 08, 2017
Lwkmd

So these clowns created 4 self-servicing threads just cos of that FP thread.

Una go dey alright grin cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Afriifa(m): 11:39am On Apr 08, 2017
SlayerForever:

No my Nigga. If you brag,you back it up,the haters shut up. Simple.
let me tell you the truth,, real achievers don't brag around.. Personally in my view as a Nigerian I don't see the Igbos as the greatest brains we have here in the country.

3 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by YonkijiSappo: 11:39am On Apr 08, 2017
Inferiooor oo grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by jamesibor: 11:39am On Apr 08, 2017
Afriifa:
now you see how you reason? Sorry to say but your reasonings are shallow.. What if the other person is studying elsewhere? I mean not in the same school but another, maybe even with more competitive class.........

We can now see whose reasoning is shallow. Igbo students have consistently gotten admitted into all 8 Ivy League schools year after year over and above every other African race and you are coming at me with such pedantry postulation as above?

A study carried out in the UK (see attached pics) established that Igbo students outperform other African nationalities, outperform the Whites and outperform the Chinese.

What evidence have you got? Nothing but sentiments.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Dreambeat: 11:40am On Apr 08, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Yes, just the way all the rubbish you are posting show Biases towards the Igbo..

Quoting statements from white people in colonial africa and documents from a dark period in African historyonly shows how much low self esteem you and your tribe are suffering. You have real problems bro.
OTHERWISE, I could quote several books and statements from the same white people that describe ibos as the worst set of humans ever.

Shiooor.
Like I said,I'm not here for the Supremacy battle.Just here to learn some history.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by YonkijiSappo: 11:40am On Apr 08, 2017
Inferiooor eeeeh!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by YonkijiSappo: 11:41am On Apr 08, 2017
Dreambeat:
Like I said,I'm not here for the Supremacy battle.Just here to learn some history.

Me too~ !!

History is sweet!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by YonkijiSappo: 11:42am On Apr 08, 2017
I also love statistics. grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 11:44am On Apr 08, 2017
Inferiority complex

COLONIAL MASTER. ??
Master indeed?
Why do you need validation from your MASTER.
So you need MASTER to tell you about yourself?
What an enslaved mind
MASTER said so it must be so.
Well the rest of us do not accept that even your MASTER is superior, they just happened to be on top at that point in time .
We can think and former ideas without help from MASTER
Rather than permit a white man to Cone and classify black people into categories I would ask him who he thinks he is and what gives him standing to do so.
There is one fact Eboes cannot deny at the time of their colonisation they existed in a PRIMITIVE state .They had NOT MASTERED POLITICAL ORGANISATION MORE COMPLEX THAN VILLAGE OR CLAN LEVEL AND STILL PRACTISED WIDESPREAD CANNIBALISM

Now I do not believe in the inferiority of men and so I can only attribute this to a lack of exposure having been cut off for centuries by the forest.
It is only a mind that is deeply troubled by FEELINGS of inferiority that tries to get relief by asserting superiority. Be assured Nigerians know the Eboes very well having lived with them for so long.We understand why they are so boastful an d often we pity them

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Onwardvic(m): 11:46am On Apr 08, 2017
Igbos have no african rival

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by YonkijiSappo: 11:47am On Apr 08, 2017
Sweet historical account.

Thank God for the Yorubas and the British that helped Igbo people into civilization sha.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 08, 2017
the mods are hiding this thread.

Another Nigerian Gets Admitted Into 7 Ivy League Universities. this will be the 3rd within two days from Ifeoma White-Thorpe to Jude Okonkwo to now obinna igbokwe

https://www.nairaland.com/3729940/another-nigerian-gets-admitted-into

A Brockton High School senior was rejected by one Ivy League school, but since then, seven others have sent him acceptance letters.

“I didn’t think that I would get into a lot of these schools,” said Obinna Igbokwe, 17, explaining that he wasn’t too discouraged about the initial rejection letter. “There was a sense of validation that I got afterwards. However, I didn’t do the things I wanted to do because of validation. But of course validation is enjoyable.”

The Enterprise said Igbokwe – who previously attended the Arnone Elementary School and the Plouffe Academy – is now deciding whether his next stop will be Princeton, Harvard or Columbia.

Igbokwe said that he is unsure about his college major, but he looks forward to studying environmental science, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, economics or another subject at one of the best schools in the country.

“It’s very exciting to be able to think that I could have the opportunity to work with people who are No. 1 in their field at whatever they are doing,” said Igbokwe, who is currently taking college-level course through the Brockton High School International Baccalaureate Programme

So does Igbokwe study hard or what?

“You have to, yeah,” said the Brockton High School senior. “Usually, I do things after school until 7 or 8 p.m. Then I do homework until 1 or 2 a.m. Then I wake up again.”

Growing up as the son of Nigerian immigrants, Igbokwe’s parents instilled a strong work ethic in him, pushing the Brockton boy to study hard, especially when he was younger. Nowadays, Igbokwe said he is self-motivated.

That self-motivation isn’t limited to books and homework. Igbokwe is also active with extracurriculars, including an after school job working for the Massachusetts Coalition Occupational Safety and Health in Boston, and volunteerism with the C5 New England youth program.

Igbokwe said he started as a volunteer for MassCOSH about two years ago, but then worked his way up to an internship and then a job there. In that job, a few weeks ago, Igbokwe said he participated in a walk through at the Boston Latin School testing air quality, as part of an asthma prevention program.

Igbokwe is also a devoted player of the baritone horn, playing in the school band since he was in fourth grade. He plans to take music as a minor in college.

His mother Chidinma Igbokwe expressed pride and excitement for her son, as did the rest of the local Nigerian Igbo ethnic community from the Umuada Igbo organization.

She thanked Brockton Public Schools for “bringing the best out of my son,” calling it some good news in a city of so many negative stories.

“Every time we hear about kids on drugs, kids with guns, but we never hear something good about Brockton,” Chidinma Igbokwe said. “Hopefully, I can open someone's eyes to see that going to private school doesn't automatically make you a strong student or a good student. ... If you learn and concentrate you can make it. ... Whatever you do, try and be the best. That’s what we instill.”

Igbokwe said he doesn’t hold a grudge against Yale University, the only one of the eight Ivy League schools that rejected his application. He said it’s more about the right fit, rather than qualifications, at a certain point.

Igbokwe said his parents convinced him to apply to every Ivy League school, because he was planning to apply to some colleges in California. If an Ivy League school accepted him, it would be a better option closer to home, the parents rationalized, according to Igbokwe.

The Ivy League-bound student said he’s grateful for the education he received in Brockton, and is now looking forward to his collegiate opportunities.

“I felt as if the education I got here was extremely good,” he said. “At (one of these Ivy League schools), I will have the opportunity to explore, A, more of my passions, and, B, to do more meaningful work inside the actual fields I plan to go into. It’s very exciting.”

http://www.wcvb.com/article/brockton-student-accepted-to-harvard-and-6-other-ivy-league-schools/39229034

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by sekundosekundo: 11:53am On Apr 08, 2017
Afriifa:
only in Nigeria. Let's start. Call me the top 5 richest personalities.. Call me the top 5 states with the highest number of professors (scholars)... Then we will start. If you can't provide those information without being sentimental, then I am sorry I am not your class.

You cannot use personal achievement as a yardstick here. We are talking about tribes prosperity.

BTW, to say that you are not my class is a statement of fact. I am far far and far ahead of you and there's nothing you can do about it than to wail. If you doubt me, let's meet in any part of the world then with your eyes, you'll see the reality so that next time you'll know how to talk.

5 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Afriifa(m): 11:53am On Apr 08, 2017
jamesibor:

We can now see whose reasoning is shallow. Igbo students have consistently gotten admitted into all 8 Ivy League schools year after year over and above every other African race and you are coming at me with such pedantry postulation as above?

A study carried out in the UK (see attached pics) established that Igbo students outperform other African nationalities, outperform the Whites and outperform the Chinese.

What evidence have you got? Nothing but sentiments.
the source of that data I want to check from the 1990s to the present, before I will draw my conclusion......... You brought in data of 3 years and you are making Noise. Go check the best graduating students from the US War College year in year out. But before that please my above request. I want data of 10 to 20 years. Not some 3 a year chart

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osinbajo Drags Sahara Reporters To Court / Amaechi Apologises To Nigerians Over Suspension Of Free Iju-abeokuta Train Ride / Jibrin: Dogara Diverted FG Project To His Farm In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.